Zih'aira

By PrettyTea

Meet 19 year old Zih'aira (Zy-air-a) King. Abondoned by the one she loved and left to raise a child on her ow... More

Zih'aira
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Seqeul ?

Chapter 28

11K 471 21
By PrettyTea

Zih ,

"Beep . Beep . Beep . Beep ."

Were the sounds I woke up to . Soon I felt my body convulsing . I was in excruciating pain . I turned to my left and noticed Kartier sitting in a chair with crutches at his side . I fixed my mouth to say something but before anything could come out a team of nurses were rushing to my side and one placed an oxygen mask over my mouth .

"Sir , you have to get out of here." a female nurse said to Karti , who just sat there.

"She's going into shock!" Another yelled.

I reached my arm out for Karti while they pushed him out the door . A small tear dropped from my eye .

"Were loosing her!"

"Not on my watch ."

Quickly things went blank .

.

.

.

.

Kartier ,

"Were loosing here!" someone inside the room yelled.

That was the last thing I heard before they slammed the door and closed the blinds in my face . This had to be one of the worst feelings ever . Zih been in a medically induced coma for 2 weeks . The day of the shooting was suppose  to be a happy day . We were suppose to be leaving the courthouse to celebrate , but we all ended up at the hospital . I failed . I failed miserably . I was suppose to protect Zih but look at what happened ? I mean , when the first shot let off I was on my way to jump in front of her but Bear beat me to it and that bullet ended his life . Soon bullets hit me . My biggest fear was anything happening to Kartion and thank God nothing happened to him but I cant say the same for Zih . My baby had three holes in her . And on top of that man , the doctor told me she's three months pregnant . Guess the night I got arrested , I got her pregnant .

They say the baby is actually doing fine , which is a blessing . But without Zih , there is no baby . With her being pregnant , it isn't making this process any better . If it was up to me , I'd make the choice of getting rid of the baby to keep her alive but the decision is all hers . I have no say so rightnow .

As I walked to the waiting area with the crutches , I didn't even bother to wipe the tears that was falling for my eyes . When I entered the area , I was greeted with the confused faces of my mom , my dad , Zih's dad Sean , Trina , Dale , Ms. Gina , Chelly , Meagan , Maria , and Gee who made a full recovery last month .

My mom rushed over to help me a little . Sean took his time to stand up , he was still healing from his bullet round just like me .

"Whats wrong?" Sean asked me .

I couldn't even get it out before the sobs took over me . Soon everyone eyes were watery .

"Did we loose her?" Sean asked , voice shaky .

"I-I- . . . I don't know for sure . When I was forced out , they said they was loosing her . I heard the flat line . . . " I managed to get out before I damn near collapsed on the floor .

I looked up and noticed Kartion sitting off in the corner . I motioned him over to me . He sat on the carpet in the empty space between my legs .

"I love you so much son ." I whispered in his ear .

"I love you too." He said back .

I just held him in my embrace , enjoying the feeling of having my son , something that I played a part in creating , in my arms .

"We cant get all worked up . We don't know for sure . Lets just be patient . They'll come out and say something ." My mom said , trying to make peace of the situation .

"Your right ." Sean voiced , leveling his breathing .

Since the shooting , everyone has been on pins and needles . We've been up here everyday . Today she woke up finally but you seen what happened .

I looked down and noticed Kartion feel asleep . I managed to sit in the chair closes to me .

.

.

.

.

Zih ,

"Doc. she's up!" someone voiced .

I blinked my eyes uncontrollably , adjusting them to the light .

"Good to have you back with us again Ms. King." a woman said , coming into my vision .

It was her! The Juror that read the verdict of the outcome of Karti's case .

"Again?" I forced out , in a raspy tone .

"Yeah . We almost lost you , well we did actually ." she said , checking the machines and IV's I was hooked up to .

"Where's my fiancé ? My son ? My family ?" I asked trying to move my upper body but failed .

"Your still in a lot of pain missy . You must take it easy . Not only for you but for that little one inside you ." She turned to me and smiled .

"Inside me?" I gasp .

"Yeah , you didn't know . Ms. King , your a little over 3 months pregnant . By the grace of God you didn't loose your baby in the shooting but we must discuss something ." She took a seat on the little stool close to the bed .

"That baby surviving is a miracle . I had to do surgery on your pelvis to remove the bullet that was lodge there . This is going to be a very risky pregnancy Ms. King. From the seriousness of the injury and being pregnant , your putting your life at risk. There's a 50% chance that you wont make it . You can make the decision of keeping your baby and taking the risk , or aborting it ."

I took in all she was saying , and quickly chose the decision .

"Im keeping my baby Doctor . . . "

"Brown." she answered .

"Doctor Brown , with all due respect I understand you wanting to do everything with your patience best interest at heart , but Im keeping my child . God didn't let him or her survive this ordeal if he didn't want me to keep it . I want to go thru it . Im more then ready to take this risk ."

She looked at me and smiled , while jotting something down in her notepad ,

"I fully understand honey. If I was in your shoes , believe me . I'd do the exact same thing."

I just nodded my head .

"Now that your up and talking and also stable , I must go inform your family that your ok . I know they're walking on needles . I'll be back Ms. King . You stay strong .

When she left , I just closed my eyes and hoped that the image of my mom floated back . When everything went blank the last time , I saw her . She was beautiful . She looked better then before I could remember . She was smiling at me and kept telling me that she loved me but then she started waving goodbye to me . The I woke up .

The image never came back , but when I opened my eyes , everyone was standing before me . I know this is against hospital policy but I bet Jesus paid the nurses or guards to turn their heads .

"Hey babygirl." My dad said , walking to my bedside fist . He placed his hand on top of mine and ignored the pain in his side to place a kiss on my forehead .

"Hi daddy."

Karen , Jesus , Maria , Trina , and Ms. Gee did the same thing.

"Don't you ever scare us like that Zih." Chelly voiced coming over to the bed .

"Sorry." I said , a little weakly .

"You better be . I almost killed you ." Meagan said , running her hand in my head , causing a few chuckles to leave mouths .

"Plus , Kartier almost died . He's been crying like a little punk for hours . I don't know about you , but I never seen snot come out as well as tears when It comes to a grown ass man ." Chelly joked , making us all laugh .

"Don't be talking about my baby Archelle ." Karen said , pinching her arm .

"Lets give these three time alone ." Jesus said , winking at me .

The crowd quickly dispersed , leaving me , Karti and Kartion who I heard recently just went to sleep again .

He laid Karti on the couch that was on the other side of the room and pulled up a chair by the bed .

"Did you talk to the doctor ?" He asked , taking my hand in his .

"Yeah . . ."

"So?"

"Im keeping it . I cant get rid of my child ." I told him looking into his eyes .

"She told me about the risk and the possibilities but Im with you 100% ." He said , placing a kiss on my hand .

"So you were boo-howing huh ?" I smiled .

"Yeah , hearing them say they were loosing you , then pushing me out the room and seeing that tear fall from your face really fucked me up . If I lost you I don't know what I would've did . I mean , that moment was just too much for me to bear Zih . I love you . I need you baby . Man it wasn't suppose to be like this ."

I watched him close his eyes and shake his head .

"No , don't go blaming yourself . It's not your fault . It's hers." I said , referring to Toi .

"I didn't protect you ." He voiced with his head down .

"You did . If you would've took these bullets , you'll be dead and the situation will be switched . Let it go Karti . You didn't fail me either . Im here and that's all that matters right ?"

"Yeah ." He kissed my lips softly .

Soon a hour went passed with Kartion still sleep .

"What did you do to my baby?" I asked , looking over at him still stretched out on the couch like a grown man who been up for days .

"He misses you . We miss you . We haven't been getting much sleep lately . This is the first time he's actually been sleeping this long and good ."

"Are you staying with me tonight ?" I asked .

"No need to ask ma . Im not going anywhere . Let me go tell them they can leave ."

It took him about 10 minutes to get back to me .

"They're a little cranky but they understand ." He joked , placing Kartion's bag on the chair next to him .

It was going on 9 o'clock pm , so visiting hours were just about over . I hope they'll let Kartion slide with staying tonight but I mean come on . . I almost died , wait I did die then came back , who wouldn't want to be with their child .

"Scoot over woman ." Karti demanded .

I scooted over and made as much room for him as I could . He pulled me close to him , despite my pain , I snuggled close to him and just enjoyed the moment .

"I love you so much Zih'aira ." He whispered in my ear .

"I love you more Kartier ."

I soon drifted to sleep from the comfort and the pain medicine . . .

_______________

VOTE please !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 64 13
Kai is a senior in high school and isn't too excited for her senior year..but it all changes when she meets him.
59.8K 1.8K 20
Zi'aire is one of the best hair stylists in her hood . She's been taking care of herself since they released her from the foster home at age 18 . It'...
38.2K 400 14
This is the story of Samuel O'Connor, a 19-year-old music enthusiast who has lived a hard life. The adventure begins with a siblings reunion that set...
347K 12K 30
Treasure Lloyd is a twenty-eight year old business mogul and entrepreneur residing in Philadelphia. Instead of working for her father like her twenty...