Royal Pain ~ Slave to the Hig...

Per Enchantedlov

The day of the end was the start of the beginning for Violetta Simmons. She just didn't know it yet. The War... Més

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Sequel

Chapter Thirty-Four

15.3K 747 72
Per Enchantedlov

''We'll have to run back, it would take too long to walk the whole way.'' Josh answered my question of how we would be getting 'home', and it wasn't necessarily the answer I wanted. Although, I couldn't control the pleasure that shot through me at the thought of Aiden holding me again.

Whether I liked it or not, there was something about my Master that helped me in some of the worst situations. He just seemed to make my worries less worrying, if that made any sense.

''There're only three vampires though, and four humans. No offence, but I'm pretty certain that humans won't be able to keep up, so you have to catch a ride.'' Millie spoke; I imagined that she wasn't too fond of the idea that she must carry at least one of us, especially with Silvia and Cami being pretty untrustworthy.

''I don't mind waiting; it would just be a case of hiding around here somewhere whilst the rest of you head back. As long as you don't leave me here through the night, then I'll be good.'' It felt like my duty to suggest that, but it was the truth that I didn't really mind. It would definitely give me some time to get my thoughts in order.

''No, you can't be the one to wait. It's too dangerous.'' Aiden immediately closed me down, and by that I mean he left no room for argument.

However, I wasn't going to allow either Cami or Silvia to be anywhere where they could accumulate some sort of plan. There would be no way that they could attack any of us when in the presence of all of the vampires or at the mansion. Also, Rose couldn't stay as I was beginning to doubt whether she actually was holding up well. She had fallen silent, the colour in her cheeks completely gone.

I had no reason to go back first, the others could be put before me whether Aiden liked it or not.

''Aiden, you need to take one of the others back first. I'll be absolutely fine.'' I wasn't sure what his reasons were for why he didn't want me to stay, but it just seemed sensible that I be the one left behind for the time being. After all, it proved that he would be back for me if he didn't want me to stay in the first place.

When it came to leaving the others, I wasn't so sure that anybody would be back to bring them to the mansion.

''This isn't the time for arguments, I'll take Rose because she is my slave and you two can take your pick out of the two long lost sisters.'' Josh surprisingly took charge, though I was grateful for his support in this.

''Great, well, I'll take Cami since she came down here with me. Which leaves you with Silvia.'' Millie spoke to Aiden, who didn't seem happy with the idea, but at least he hadn't continued our little dispute.

Cami seemed slightly disappointed, which raised my spirits to some extent, as Millie lifted her in to her arms. It looked pretty silly considering Cami was somewhat taller and yet Millie could take her full weight. Shortly after, Josh took a tired looking Rose into his arms and cradled her like he had once before. Aiden awkwardly copied his movements with Silvia, who was refusing to cooperate which made it a little more difficult. Aiden forced her to be still, his grip looking a little tighter than was necessary as she scowled up at him.

''I will be back as soon as I can. Just please, don't do anything stupid like wonder around looking for trouble.'' Aiden seemed genuinely concerned.

I scoffed half-heartedly, ''Since when have I ever gotten myself into any trouble?''

With one last smirk, he was gone with the others following close behind.

The silence fell heavily once they'd all disappeared, setting me on edge. The woods surrounding me felt ominous, despite the evening light still managing to shine through the leaves. Alone, this place seemed a lot more menacing, but I knew that it would be cowardly to show Aiden how terrified I really was.

After all, he could reappear at any moment, hopefully.

Despite my mind protesting, I made my way deeper into the wooded area in order to stay hidden if any rebel stragglers were to be wondering around the area. There was still that possibility considering we had no idea where they'd actually gone, maybe they had another base of operations they could head to?

I crouched down beside a tree, my fingers running through the long strands of grass around it, keeping me grounded. I dropped myself to the ground, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging them tight, as if trying to hold myself together both physically and mentally.

If anything, this time would give me a fraction of breathing room, away from all of the madness that seemed to have become my life.

Even with everything that had gone on, I found my thoughts returning to my father, which in turn made me think about my Mum. I wondered how she was after I had left her for what felt much longer than in actuality. She'd once told me of her 'adventures' as a slave, though I was almost certain that mine now trumped hers entirely.

Still, I missed her so much. Every moment I spent thinking of her the feelings of homesickness increased, so much so that it was suffocating.

At least if we were going back to the mansion, maybe I could convince Aiden somehow to take me to see her. But, that was probably an impossibility, it was silly of me to have that thought.

Then my mind turned back to Aiden.

When we first met he seemed so different. He was arrogant and cocky, completely full of himself and set in his ways that humans were weak and useless. But now, his actions spoke louder than those words. At times it felt like he cared, as if something had changed between us and his opinion had changed along with it. Certainly more than anything, he knows now that the rebels are more of a threat than previously thought.

It wasn't only him that had changed; a part of me knew that I had too.

Still, it seemed like there was so much more ahead of us.

A gentle touch stirred me from my thoughts, causing me to open my eyes that I hadn't realised had drifted closed. It took me a second to comprehend the fact that Aiden had returned and the sun had become slightly lower in the sky above his silhouette.

''What were you thinking about?'' He asked, offering me his hand which I gladly took, before he hoisted me to my feet.

He didn't let go.

''Stuff.'' I answered vaguely, to which he raised his eyebrows in question, obviously not satisfied with that answer, ''A lot of things. Like my mum and how she's doing. It seems kind of crazy that while I'm going through all this, she must be at home living her normal day-to-day life, you know?'' I gazed up into his eyes, the chill in the air going unnoticed.

''I'm sure she's missing you as much as you are her.'' He replied, his thumb rubbing slow circles into the back of my hand in a comforting gesture.

I couldn't stop myself from saying more, ''I was thinking about you too. I mean, us.'' It seemed forward for me to just come out and say it, but the elephant in the room had to be addressed at some point.

Aiden's eyes dropped to our entwined hands, ''Us?'' He didn't sound confused, so it was strange that it came out phrased as a question.

''Yeah, us. As in us being together.''

''Violet, that's practically forbidden, unheard of. You know that as much as I do.'' He looked up, but kept his tight hold of my hand as if he didn't want to believe the words he was speaking.

''Yes, but-''

''Look, I can't deny that I have feelings for you, I think it's pretty obvious by now that I do. It's just... you seem so different to any humans that I've ever met or heard about. Growing up with the King and Queen puts a lot of negativity in your head, like the fact that humans are below us, like vermin. I don't think I'm ready to announce to my family that you aren't like that, yet.''

His eyes stayed on me, gaging my reaction, though I worked hard to keep my face blank, ''I get it. I shouldn't have brought it up.'' My voice sounded blunt as I snatched my hand out of his, and he let me go.

''I'm sure we can work something out, Violet. Don't be like that.'' He sounded sincere and hurt. It pained me to think that I'd upset him, even if he had me too.

I just nodded; surprised at the turn this whole discussion had taken. It felt like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders now that the topic had been voiced, which made me feel marginally better. But, the truth was that if anything were to work out between us, it would only cause more problems.

Aiden was silent for a heartbeat, ''So, are you ready?'' He repeated his question from earlier, an awkward tension now present around us.

''Sure.'' And with that he swept me up easily into his arms, mine almost robotically settling around his neck, and we began speeding away back towards the mansion.

-*-*-*-

Nothing had changed since we'd been gone, with the exterior of the mansion anyway. It still stood proud on its perch, with a perfect view of all that it ruled over.

Aiden set me down just before the steps up to the front door, allowing me time to find my feet and settle my stomach before we entered. The sun had dropped below the horizon during out silent trip back, which allowed for a nice backdrop for the journey and a distraction.

The interior of the place hadn't changed either once Aiden ushered me through the door. The artificial lighting was much brighter than that provided in the cave, and it was the first sign of normality since we'd left. The little comfort it brought with it though, was shattered as the figures stood in the foyer came into focus.

It was none other than the King and Queen who had come to greet us.

''How could you let this happen, Aiden?'' She wasn't yelling, but there was something in the Queen's demeanour that made the impact of her words just as bad. There was an obvious sizzling anger beneath the surface, just hidden from sight.

''Let what happen?'' Aiden tried to sound nonchalant, as aggravating as ever.

His ignorant behaviour had no noticeable impact on his mother; I had a feeling that her anger and annoyance had already piqued, ''You know what.'' Her voice was hard, her cold gaze turning to me, ''Did it have something to do with this sorry excuse of a slave?'' She looked down her perfect nose at me, causing me to fidget under her gaze.

It was lucky that I didn't come out with some stupid retort, I almost did. I guessed that being around humans for so long and feeling closer to freedom than I had in a while, had resulted in me letting my guard down.

''What's she got to do with this? How do you even know anyway?'' Aiden had obviously given up on whatever act he'd try to play off. There was no doubt that I also wanted to hear the answers to those questions, and many more.

''She's a rebel's daughter. You think I didn't know the moment she uttered the cursed words of her name? As for knowing your situation, Gertrude has proved herself to be a useful asset in keeping track of you all.'' Her words momentarily stunned me, my thoughts freezing as they slowly tried to piece together the moment the Queen's attitude had changed towards me when she'd undoubtedly realised who I was.

''Damn that witch.'' Aiden muttered under his breath.

''You made a mistake the moment you chose this girl to be your slave. She's worthless and the reason for your failure. If you had fed then none of this would have happened.'' The King finally spoke, his voice booming and echoing around the large room.

Everybody in the mansion probably heard those words.

''Did you miss the part where she managed to save us all?'' Aiden was beginning to get annoyed too and I wasn't sure that I should be in a room full of pissed off vampires right now.

I didn't know how much more I could take. Nonetheless, at the very least Aiden was actually standing up for me.

The Queen scoffed, ''Don't defend-''

She was rudely cut off as Aiden continued, ''If she hadn't have offered me her blood then we would be dead right now. Millie was already bringing the place down like some sort of maniac with us still inside!'' Aiden made a wild gesture with his hands, his hair still matted with dirt.

The Queen fell silent, which even I knew was rare.

''I don't want to hear anything else about my 'bad choice in slaves'. We've been through a hell of a lot for a war that you started, if this is anybody's fault, then it's yours.'' Aiden grabbed my arm soon after the words left his mouth, dragging me away at a brisk pace.

He'd finally defended me.

-*-*-*-

A/N Thanks everyone for reading! Please remember to vote and leave a comment as it really motivates me to write more. :)

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.3M 45.6K 68
*Edited version on my profile Violet has been tortured for more than half of her life for being different from other wolves. She was abused physicall...
57.7K 4.5K 26
Book 1 - The Royal Blood Collection The world is filled with infighting and desperation; uncertainty is rife. Humanity hides of a night, fearing the...
2.9K 366 31
**Warning: Erotica, Slow Burn Style** Ion Sinn is a dominant type of vampire. Violet is a spirited human/Fae. They meet and fall in love. However, th...
12.1K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...