Smoked Success

silenttmistakes tarafından

She's left her country to find a job in the United States. She did that for her boyfriend that she extremely... Daha Fazla

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
author's note

30.

18 3 5
silenttmistakes tarafından

"Christian Collins, and I know he's your ex." Andrew replies. "Tyler told me."

"I'd rather die than beg Christian to take you to a party." I snap, I'm never talking to that douche-bag ever again.

"Who said it'll only be me? This party occurs on the same week you'll be absent on, and I'm taking you as my date." Can I slap him?

"Why not take Taylor?" I ask him, furious. "I'm sorry but I have to." I grab a packet of cigarettes.

"Because the person throwing the party is your ex, and I thought you'd want to show him you're over him and that you're with someone that owns a company better than his." He says.

"Good point, but I'm still not calling him." I blow out smoke, trying to make it not pass by Andrew.

"Jessica, please." He begs. "You can force me to do whatever you want me to do with Taylor in exchange for this." Andrew has complained before that Taylor'd never show up when they had to do a project or such thing.

"Still not convincing, I'm glad you didn't take Sales as your major." I roll my eyes.

"Jessica, I'll get your brother a lung if you do this." I'm shocked.

"Are you serious?" I ask him, my eyes so wide.

"Yes, I promise, you get me the invitation, I get your brother a lung." He declares.

"Give me your phone." I sigh.

"Why not call him from yours?" He asks.

"Because I don't want to unblock him." I answer, taking his phone. And apparently Andrew has Christian's number, that's so weird. And here it is, ringing.

"Haddad, bro, how are you?" He answers, same old fucking Christian.

"This isn't Andrew, he's in the shower." I start, looking at Andrew who's so confused. "I'm his partner, Jessica Styles."

"Jessica you're dating that dude who doesn't give two shits about business?" Christian mocks, that's so fucking judgmental.

"Oh well, he at least cares about me and doesn't cheat on me. Anyway, that's not why I called." I state, blowing out smoke. Andrew seems so interested.

"What do you want? Another shot with me?" He's too confident what the fuck.

"No, hell no. So, Drew has told me about that party you threw without inviting him. He's sad about it and I don't like sad Drew." Yes, I just nicknamed Andrew, and it felt bad. "I want an invitation for him and I."

"And why would I do this for you?" He asks.

"Because not everyone trusts a boss who already murdered-" I start as he cuts me off.

"Fine, you're invited." He says, pissed. "Bye." I hand up.

"Done. We're invited." I smile at him.

"How did you date him? He's sometimes very obnoxious." Andrew rolls his eyes.

"Two years. And he cheated on me." I shrug. "See you in two weeks in New York?"

"Goodbye. Thank you so much." He hugs me.

So today, Tyler and his donor are going to get operated. Their blood groups and the sizes and everything has been checked on. The donor asked to be anonymous, I've got no clue why. I'm really grateful Andrew helped me, being rich does change everything.

Speaking of Andrew, he hasn't been present for a while now, he sometimes answers my texts, but that's it. He even skips classes sometimes, he says he's so busy with his father and all that shit. I asked him to come today, but I honestly don't know if he will.

"Whoever got you this donor, you owe them big time."  Tyler's doctor cuts off my thoughts.

"It happens that I had to do a favor in return to get them." I roll my eyes. We've decided to use they since we also do not know the donor's sex.

"What? Sell your soul to the devil? I can't believe he agreed to do this for free." He states, and remember when I said we do not know the donor's sex? Well the doctor fucking knows it and so do I now. It's indifferent to me, as long as Tyler stays alive.

"Both are alive and healthy!" The doctor exclaims to mom, dad, a lady that seems like the donor's mother and I. Peter's at work, Angelina is with the kids who stay in his hospital, Peter couldn't leave, and I didn't want Angelina to witness this, it will have been too hard for both of us if Tyler died. I hug mom and text Andrew that they're both good. The lady cries for some reason, I don't know if I should or not.

"Darcy, talk to her." Dad looks at mom.

"I'm not good with words, ask Jessie." Mom raises her eyebrows. I nod, still glancing at my phone, where the fuck is Andrew.

"Fine, Jessica, you do it." Dad pushes me toward her, fuck.

"Ma'am, I know your child was in huge danger, and I know how that feels, I lost a child once." I start, I have no idea where this going, but it's already making me emotional, Kristen was just a great person.

"The thing is, he didn't even tell me he was going to do this, I discovered when his boss told me he didn't go to work today. I had to call his classmate, uh more of ex-girlfriend." She sobs.

"My adoptive daughter didn't tell me she had sex with her boyfriend without protection, and died while giving birth while I was on the other side of the world." I state, sort of tearing up.

"I was about to lose my husband's son, and you don't know what he can do to me." She cries on my shoulder. "It's like he just likes to go home and beat me up. I'm sorry I'm bothering you, I shouldn't have. " Oh my god, this lady is facing domestic violence and she's still married to that bastard, wow, just wow.

"You're not bothering me. Why does your husband abuse you?" I narrow my eyes.

"It's okay, I better be going now. To notify him about everything." She stands up. "It was nice meeting you, I hope your relative gets fine." And she leaves, fuck.

I'm packing last minute, I didn't get the chance to do it earlier since I was spending my time with Tyler, and he's been great. I never met the woman from the other day, but I still feel horrible for her. Mom was a domestic violence victim once, so was I. It was with her second husband, they were married for seven years, and I had to survive that. Glad it's from the past now.

Tyler is driving me to the airport, since he needs to pick up his girlfriend, the one from New York, he misses her to death. The doctor said the only way he could get on an airplane for the next six months is by having a nurse with him, so Miranda has to visit him or else she wont' see him. I'm just glad he's fine now. And here we are, at LAX.

"See you next week Ty." I smile at him, opening the door. All I will be doing is attending a wedding and watching Christian burn.

"See ya. I love you." He hugs me. "Andrew's supposedly travelling today too by the way."

"Do you have any idea which flight?" I ask.

"Nope, but I know it's in the afternoon." He shrugs.

"Bye Tyler." I hug him, take my bag and get in the airport.

Here I am, waiting for my flight, I'm glad I'm listening to music. My flight's supposed to be in about thirty minutes and all I'm doing is texting Peter. Angelina cried when she knew I'm not taking her with me. I can't do it because her father is going to be transferred to jail in here, to be closer to his daughter, but he has no right to touch her. The transfer's today, so she has to visit him and shit. I'm not excited for that.

And they're calling for my flight early, great. I head towards the gate and meet a person I wasn't expecting to be here, Andrew.

"Your flight's now?" He asks, smiling.

"I think it is." I sarcastically roll my eyes. "Thank you again for the donor."

"Thank you for calling your ex." He grins. "You're on economy class?"

"Yeah, it ain't worth it, even though I'm sitting near the plane's wings." I look at a plane in disgust, it's the loudest place ever.

"Business class, dad insisted I go by it since I'm 'travelling for business'." He virtually quotes with his fingers.

"It's still better than seat thirty." It's a cursed seat, I tell you, it's always next to a family that has many children.

"At least it's not a number some people get scared to hear." And he's referring to the number thirteen, the 'unlucky' number.

"See you in New York." I roll my eyes and get in the bus.

I'm sitting in my seat, near me is an old lady who probably will sleep on my shoulder. I get out my laptop to plan what I'll do after this little 'vacation'. Man, preparing lessons sucks.

"The person in seat thirteen C cannot travel, we would like for him to get off the plane and head to the airport directory or else everyone will have to be medically checked." We hear the attendant saying through the microphone. Seat thirteen? That seems like Andrew's row.

"Miss Styles, we'd like you to come with us." The other attendant talks to me. Okay what's up now?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

234 12 12
They haven't seen each other in six months, cause Off went to study abroad. Now he's back. And he's changed a lot. He's different to the point where...
614K 21.2K 26
She didn't have the best past. Even with rich parents, and a coke boy for a brother, the money meant nothing. Life for her isn't as good as you pictu...
1.3M 21.5K 37
When Gabby has to move to a whole different state because of her mom's new job offer she isn't to happy. She has decided to make this trip miserable...
543K 16.7K 50
Book 1 of the LWB series* After four years away from home, Preston decided to attend college closer to home with his cousins. He faces a problem when...