Dangerous Love

By irissuave

Rose Montgomery, 18, is thrust into the dangerous life of gangs after she catches the eye of the most danger... More

Dangerous Love (Watty Awards 2011)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (part 1)
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (part 1)
Chapter 18 (part 2)
Chapter 19
chapter 20 ~ FINAL CHAPTER

Chapter 13

89.1K 1.5K 145
By irissuave

Before you guys read I want you to know that the last chapter was right after Christopher left Rose that’s why he was smiling randomly when he came home and Emily questioned him.

Chapter 13

I drop the last piece of clothing I had on my bed and plopped down on the bed, annoyed.

I had nothing to wear!

I groaned in frustration, looking at the huge pile of clothes on my bead.

At times like this I wished I actually had money.

The doorbell rang and I practically ran to answer the door.

I gave a sigh of a relief and smiled as I saw Tyra.

“You’re a lifesaver!”

Her eyes widened as she saw my horrible tan. “What the hell happened to you?”

I blushed. “Bad spray tan.”

She nodded, biting her cheek trying not to laugh.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. “Its not funny. Its embarrassing.”

She laughed but then looked at me with pity in her eyes as she saw how sensitive I was about the tan.

She looked healthier than she did a few years ago, I noticed. Her eyes didn’t have the desperate, unhealthy spark that they used to have. She seemed…calmer. She was wearing a short yellow sundress that showed off her beautiful Mehendi design on her arms that I knew she was proud of, holding a Forever 21 bag in the hand. I let her inside and we walked to my room. She took out the clothes she had bought for me and laid them on the bed. It was a pretty short blue sundress with a sweetheart necklace and a flowy end.

I smiled in relief. “Thank god. I had no idea what to wear.”

She laughed, looking at the mess I had made in my room. “So who’s the lucky guy?”

“Jay.” I lied. I knew Tyra wouldn’t approve of me going on a date with the most powerful gang leader in Brooklyn since she hadn’t had a very good experience when she dated a gang member.

“Oh he’s a hottie.” She winked.

I nodded, proud. “Anyways, I’m sure I wont be able to look that good with this crappy tan.”

Tyra put a comforting hand on my shoulder. “You’ll look beautiful.”

I snorted, picking up the blue sundress. “Right.”

I took my clothes off leaving me in my underwear and quickly put on the dress, seeing that it was the perfect size.

Tight enough to show a woman but loose enough to show I’m a lady.

Tyra looked at me and whistled. “Cute!”

I smiled. “Can you curl my hair? I have no idea how to use it.”

She nodded, grabbing my curling iron and turning it on. After a few minutes of the iron heating up, Tyra took a strand of my hair and curled it making a soft nice curl.

After half an hour of doing my hair, Tyra had to go home to do some chores and left me to figure out the rest. I picked out some white wedges that complimented the dress and a heart-shaped necklace.

Looking at the clock I realized that I had five minutes until Christopher was here to pick me up so I sat down on the couch, waiting.

20 Minutes Later

I flipped throught the channels, looking at the clock. He’ll be here….

30 Minutes Later…

Maybe something happened? I picked up my cell phone and called Christopher, worried. My panic raised as I thought of what could have happened.

What if he got shot? He is a gangster after all..

If something happened to him..

My thoughts were interrupted as I saw I had been sent to voicemail.

I snapped my cell phone closed and picked up a leather jacket, running out the door.

“Shit.” I murmured as I realized it was raining outside. I got weird looks from people as I ran to Christopher’s house in the rain. I looked like a crazy umpa lumpa.

I saw Emily on the front porch of Christopher’s house smoking a cigarette and my heart clenched in anger. What’s she doing there?

I shivered as I walked up to her, the cold catching up to me.

Emily was wearing tight skinny jeans and a low-cut black top and her long blond wavy hair was looking as great as ever. She was obviously beautiful even if she was smoking a cigarette.

She laughed as soon as she saw me. “You just made my day.”

“Where’s Christopher?” I asked, ignoring her previous comment.

She smirked, blowing out the cigarette‘s smoke. “He’s taking care of some gang-related stuff.”

“Oh,” I said, disappointed. “Are you sure?”

I was stood up…

She nodded.

“Do you know where?” I asked, starting to get angry at Christopher. How could I be so stupid?

“Behind the gas station down the street. They have a big payer back there.”

Big payer as in drug addict..

I started to walk away but Emily stopped me.

I looked back and saw she had stood up.

“He doesn’t want you.” She said seriously with her hand on her hip.

“That’s not up to you to decide.” I added, annoyed. Who the hell did she think she was?

“You’re right. It’s his and he obviously already choose.” She laughed.

I raised an eyebrow, not liking where this was going. “What are you talking about?”

“We shagged last night like we’ve done many times before. He’s not the guy you think he is.” She smoked her lit cigarette again. I realized we had gotten closer to each other as I smelled the stank of the cigarette.

“I don’t believe you.” I sneered.

She let the out the smoke on my face making me glare at her. “Ask him for yourself.”

I gave her one last glare and left to the gas station. Did they really have sex? He wouldn’t do that to me.

He liked me. It didn’t take me long to see Christopher along with the other gang members. There were some cars driving by and stopping when they saw Christopher. Christopher glanced at the car and walked towards it once the guy pulled down his car window. He said something to the guy and gave him a small bag filled with white powder once the guy handed him a bunch of money rolled up. The guy drove away and Christopher saw me. We made eye contact and he walked away, ignoring me.

I walked up to him, my hands balled up into fist. “Hey!” I yelled as he turned away from me.

“What the hell is your problem?” He asked, angry.

“What’s my problem? You stood me up!” I yelled.

“I had some more important things to do in case you haven’t noticed.” He rolled his eyes, looking at me as if I were some annoying pest he wanted to get rid of as soon as possible.

“I cant believe I thought you changed!” I yelled at him smacking his hard chest.

My hand hurt more than his chest did.

He stood emotionless. “Well I didn’t. And I wont ever change for some girl! You’re wasting your time.”

“I obviously am.” I added, hurt. “Just tell me this. Did you sleep with Emily last night?”

“I did. And it was the best sex of my life.” He said, looking at me in the eye.

I nodded, feeling like someone had punched me in the gut. “That’s all I needed to know.”

I walked away, my eyes stinging. I wiped away a tear that was going down my cheek angrily.

Why was I crying? I don’t even like him! Christopher and Emily could just rot in a grave for all I care! They deserve each other.

Sorry its short! I havent had a lot of time to write since of school. :/ Please comment and vote! Thanks for reading! Btw, I'm starting a contest For all of you who love making covers! All you have to do is make a cover for DL but it has to include your favorite quote from the story. It can have any character you like. It doesnt have to be only Rose or only Jay or Christopher. It can have as many or only 1 character. The prize will be revealed later(: The cover CANT be emailed to me. It has to be PM'ed to me so it has to have a link. Good luck!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 96 20
Whenever Annastasia was ten years old her brother went missing, nobody heard from him, or ever even knew what happened to him. But three years later...
2.5K 59 15
she's cold, dangerous, ruthless and shows no mercy she has a dark past full and pain, sadness and torture but she is a leader of a very feared gang s...
103 1 15
Accidents happen. It's just a fact- no one is perfect. Ross Fallon has no idea what a real family is- his only family being the corrupt Model Gang- t...
106K 3.9K 30
In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world, forcing everyone to turn back to old w...