Chasing Tail (boyxboy)

By TheLYProject

Winter is a dog. That's right, a full blown, tail waggin', snow white husky mix. Well actually, Winter comes... More

Chapter 1: Dog days are over
Chapter 2: Bare essentials
Chapter 3: Nuts
Chapter 4: Catch you now
Chapter 6: Simply put
Chapter 7: Sweet dreams are made of this ~Fin~

Chapter 5: Shake it up

18.1K 948 353
By TheLYProject

 ----------Unedited bwaaaahh-----------

~Winter~

I felt like Jack Skellington from Nightmare before Christmas when he enters the Christmas door! (Asher watches too much Tim Burton, yes I know who that is) At every turn I was saying "What's this? What's that?!" although I was able to figure most things out. 

 When we first got to his school, we went to the office where he got a sticker that read "VISITOR" in bold black letters and stuck it to my chest. I touched it, fiddling with it as I glanced again at my shirt. He had gotten it from Sidney, who still wore her ex-boyfriends clothes around the house sometimes. None of Asher's clothes fit me, which he thought was annoying for some reason. 

 Aw, he's just too small and cute. 

 "Okay, Winter. Remember what I told you this morning?" He said, pulling me aside as people passing the office we just stepped out of stopped to glance at me. I glared at them before nodding enthusiastically at Asher. 

 "I remember! Rule number one: No talking unless absolutely necessary. Rule number two: Stay by you at all times. Rule number three: No cuddling or holding hands. (insert pout) And the golden rule: If someone hits you, or calls you something, go get some kid named Tyde who will handle it." I ticked off each of the rules on my fingers, none too happy about the last two. 

 Despite my sour face, he nodded in satisfaction. "Good, very good. Now, you aren't doing much today except sitting in before your entrance to the school is finalized. So just...behave, okay? I'm sure we can avoid mishaps today." He said, looking around nervously and sticking close to me. 

 Annoyance panged in my chest at the fact that Asher felt unsafe, even when I was standing right with him. I won't let anyone touch him, no matter who this 'Tyde' guy is i'm supposed to get. If anybody insults or lays a finger on him, i'll rip their throat-

 "Winter, get that look off your face! You look like you're about to commit mass murder." I blinked, looking back down at him and smiling. 

 "Sorry. Where to now?" He stared at me for a moment, blushed, then continued to lead me down the hall. He's so weird. 

 "This way, it's my first period." We arrived at an open brown door, the little sign to the right on the wall a word I couldn't quite read. I can read some, sort of just comes with the package of having a human mind since birth, though I don't have it mastered as well as a normal person would. 

 We entered the classroom, several people looking our way and talking to each other. Asher ignored them, heading straight towards the teacher's desk and explaining things to him. With a quick confirmation call to the office, he nodded and Asher and I sat down next to each other. 

 Everyone in the class was gaping at me, having no effect on me but Asher was pink and shrinking further into his seat, avoiding the gazes. I glared at any eyes my own gaze met, usually making them flinch and turn around, keeping their peepers on their tables. 

 BBBBBBRRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGG! 

 I jumped in my seat, knowing what that was but it startled me. I was getting odd glances again, and Asher had his hand on his face again, repeatedly smacking it against his forehead. 

 "All right class! That's the bell, signaling another day of beautiful Physics!" Oh. So that's what this class is. "And, we have a special new guest today," the teacher continued, "A friend of Asher's who will be soon joining us here at our school, home of the Titans! Make sure to help him to feel welcome here, you all know what it is like to be a new student." He clapped his hands together, shooting me a brief smile before turning back around. 

 I looked back at Asher, who looked like he was dreading something. But he looked like that all day, so I didn't worry too much until the teacher said my name. 

 "Now, Winter, is it? How unique. Why don't you share a few things about yourself, to help us get to know you?" Asher immediately let his head fall to his desk, like this is what he was hoping wouldn't happen. 

 I cleared my throat, about to speak-"Stand, if you please? That class will hear you better." Oh. 

 I stood, the dozens of eyes trained on my face not bothering me a bit. "What do you want to know?" I smiled at the teacher, who looked puzzled at my enthusiasm. 

 "Great, another fag." Some male to my left coughed, sitting two seats in front of Asher. I growled, but Asher quickly nudged my foot with his, silencing me before anyone could notice. 

 "Brent! Not another word like that, or you're off the principal's. Do you hear me?" This 'Brent' male nodded, smirking at me. 

 I will spill his blood-

 "Winter! Murderous look! Cut it out!" Asher hissed at me. I snapped out of it, smiling at the teacher again. 

 "What did you want to know?" My voice was gruffer, and the teacher shifted uncomfortably. 

 "Oh, just a few things, like what you like to do in your spare time, or what you like to eat. Things like that." I nodded, crossing my arms across my chest and thinking. A few females giggled, pointing at me and whispering. 

 "I watch TV and I like to eat a lot of meat. I mean, like, I only eat meat. Big, helpings of meat. No vegetables."  

.......

There was a pause before the class exploded into laughter, and Asher groaned loudly but nobody took notice of him because they too busy laughing. What? What did I say wrong? Brent was laughing the hardest, his hands on his stomach. "I-I bet you do like big meat!" He stammered out, sending everybody into more giggle fits. 

 "Enough!" The teacher shouted, silencing only a few of the students. I don't understand what is so funny! I shrugged at Asher, who was starting to hit himself in the head with his book. 

"Students! You are to act in an appropriate manner or I will be sending notes home to all of your parents!" He shouted, going red in the face. The class slowly quieted down, and the teacher cleared his throat, adjusting his tie. 

"Better. Now, Winter, you may take your seat, seeing as your classmates are too immature to handle one simple introduction." 

I stared in confusion, but shrugged and picked up my chair, making my way to the door. I heard gasps of breath, and a few disbelieving whispers. What now? 

"What- son, where on earth are you going with that chair?!" The teacher exclaimed, making me more confused than i'd been all day. I glanced at Asher again, to see if he would be any help, but his face was completely mortified and he was practically begging me as silently as he could to come back. I shook my head, turning to answer the teacher. 

"You said to take my seat, didn't you?" Another person made a disbelieving noise, and then the sound of painfully forced back laughter filled the room, but it was useless as the teacher scowled at all of them. 

"Look, I know you're new here, Mr....Smith." He paused to glance at his computer. "But I won't tolerate any sarcastic jokes, new or not. Now please, sit down." I bit my lip, setting my chair down next to a red haired girl who giggled as I sat down next to her. 

This time the class didn't hold back their laughter, one kid covering his face while a girl fanned her eyes to dry them. Why is she crying?! 

"Oh my god, he's a complete moron!" Brent said, gasping for breath. I pouted heavily now, really confused. What do they want from me here?! School is a strange place. 

"Mr. Smith! That is about enough of your tom foolery." My what? "Come and place your chair back where it was, and sit in it! Was that clear enough?" Why didn't he say so in the first place? 

I brought my chair back up beside Asher, pouting. I plopped down in it, crossing my arms and glaring at my desk. I don't like these teacher people very much. They're way too confusing in their demands. 

"Now that that's finally settled, we can start class!" Mr. Dint, whose name I learned from a begrudging Asher, begun talking about several things that made little to no sense to me. I'll have to ask Asher later. 

When the confusing class finally ended, I went to take Asher's hand, but remembered rule number three and frowned. I'm starting to hate rules. 

I kept pace with Asher, who had his head down as we walked, and as soon as were in the hallway and walking away from the classroom Brent and a few other males stopped us in our tracks.

"Whoa there, slow down newbie! I wanted to say hello, make the new student feel more welcome. How's it going? My name's Brent!" His grin was huge and cocky as he stuck his hand out. I stared at it, and back at him. 

"What am I supposed to do with that?" I questioned, and he gave me a strange look. Asher smacked his hand to his forehead once again, which was beginning to turn red. Why does he keep doing that? 

"Uh...dude, you're suppose to shake it." Brent's friend coughed beside him, chuckling. I shrugged, taking it in both hands and shaking it around. Hey, if he likes that. 

Brent looked completely stumped by my behavior, and his three friends busted up laughing. Brent stopped our hand shaking with his other hand, pulling out of my grasp. 

"I was right. You are a moron, my god. But you know what? I'll take pity on you. You can hang with me for a while, hm? I'll show you around." He grabbed my arm, but I immediately shook him off with a growl that only be felt and not heard. Asher's arm was touching  mine, and he gave me a warning glance as he felt the vibrations.

"No, thank you. I have Asher to show me." I said, and Asher stepped ever so slightly behind me as Brent shifted his glance to him. 

"Oh. I see. Well, that's cool. You're here with him anyways, right? I guess i'll see you around." He looked at us before turning and leaving, his friends giving the same strange expression before following him. 

"Winter, you have no idea how much I want to lock you in a metal crate and ship you off to Thailand right now." Asher said absentmindedly, his hand on my arm as he leaned against me, breaking rule number three. I smiled at him, ignoring that. 

"Okay."

"Okay? T-That was not okay! You probably just signed your death certificate with Brent and his crew, not to mention Mr. Dint. And the whole school will  now think you're a complete fool!" He let go of me and faced me, panic in his eyes. I frowned, taking his face in my hands and looking into his breathtaking face. 

"Asher, everything will be fine. I can handle these people, they're nothing to me."

"That's a bit rude, Winter." He said dryly, cracking a smile. I smiled back, relieved to see it. 

"I don't care. Like I said, they're nothing." He rolled his eyes, sighing with a small smile. 

"What am I going to do with you? Sheesh. Come on, i've got to get to my locker before i'm late." I followed closely behind him, the people we passed by staring at us. Well, staring at me really. 

Just as we arrived at Asher's locker, the red haired girl from the Physics class hopped over to me, smiling. "I thought i'd find you here! Hi, my name is Ellen." She stuck out her hand, and I frowned deeply at it. Why do people enjoy their hands being shaken?

Asher saw my dilemma and giggled, shooing her hand away. "He doesn't like touching other people's hands." He said quietly. 

Ellen dropped her hand but otherwise ignored Asher completely, sidling up to me and smiling. 

"Well, you don't have to touch my hand then, sweety." She said, winking. Asher snapped his head up and glared at her, his eyes instantly narrowing. I blinked, not sure where that reaction came from. 

"No, thank you," I said, removing her hand which had found it's way to my arm. "I don't want to touch you at all, ever." I smiled. Ellen recoiled from me so quickly it was like I had hit her. 

"Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?" Her voice was cold now, and her eyes had a dangerous glint to them. What did she think I meant? 

"I-" 

"Eheheh you know what? We are all going to be late, so why don't we get a move on?" Asher interrupted, probably before I could say something that would be my undoing. Books in hand, he tugged me along with his free hand in mine and we made our way to his next class. 

"You have got to get a filter for your mouth, Winter." He said exasperatedly, entering the classroom with me. I smiled, happily unaware of the trouble I was causing. I sat behind him this time, so I could ask him things more easily. 

This time the teacher was a woman, her hair as white as snow. Asher's present book said 'English' for which I was thankful for. This was something I knew well enough, right? 

I was wrong. 

All through class, I yet again had no clue what was happening. What is a diagram, and why do we have to make them? What purpose does it serve? Luckily though, the teacher, Mrs.Peter didn't make me introduce myself like Mr. Dint had. 

Class ended quickly, with no mishaps until we got to Asher's locker again. There was a tall, tan male standing there, a toothpick in his mouth. He eyed us carefully as we approached. Well, me again. 

"Asher. Who's the whitey?" Asher grimaced, nudging the guy out of the way.

"Tyde, this is Winter. Winter, this is Tyde, the guy I was telling you about." I smiled, relieved when he didn't offer me his hand to do the weird shaking thing. 

"Sup. And why were you telling him about me?" Tyde asked, keeping his level gaze with me as I continued smiling. 

Asher shut his locker, turning around. "Because, I had to tell him to go get you if someone were to start harassing me." Tyde raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms.

"Why can't he do something? He's as big as I am." It was true, our height was nearly the same and despite his large muscles, I was most likely five times stronger than he was on his best day. 

"That's not it. Winter might...well, snap, and wipe the floor with their innards." Asher said, shoving me with his elbow when I grinned at the thought. Tyde smirked a little, instantly making me like him more know he also wanted to demolish the people who hurt Asher. 

"I like him already." Tyde patted my shoulder, a dimpled grin forming on his face. 

"I like you too! The destruction of anyone who hurts Asher is always a positive point. Why do you protect him?" I asked casually, taking him by surprise. Or maybe it was my talk of destruction. Either way. 

"Because no one deserves the crap Brent dishes out. Why do you protect him?" He countered, sticking his hands in his pockets as we walked down the hall. 

"Winter, don't you dare say-"

"Because I love him more than there are stars in the sky." 

"-that." Asher finished, his hand colliding with his forehead. I pulled it away, frowning at him. He's going to concuss himself. 

"Wow. That's, er, intense. Good for you little buddy!" Tyde grinned, ruffling Asher's hair. Asher batted him away, now blushing. Yeah, I definitely like this guy.

"Get away you brute! Gah, you're both impossible." I smile, ignoring rule three and taking his hand in mine. Tyde chuckled at us. 

"You guys make a cute couple. How come you never told me about this guy?" 

"W-We're not a couple!" Asher stammered, shaking my hand off of his. "He's uh, an old friend and just moved back to town. But we're not a couple." We're not? Even Tyde looked confused.

"Huh. Whatever you say, Asher. Just don't keep him waiting too long, all right?" Asher blushed red again, stuttering over his words. Tyde laughed, wrapping his tan arms around both our shoulders as we entered the third class of the day. 

I would wait for him though. I'd wait forever for him to be comfortable, if that's what it took. I just want him to be happy, and I never want to be the reason he isn't. 

I want to make him as happy as he's made me. Is that too much to ask? 

----------No bby it's not *hugs* So, what do you guys think of Winter's first unofficial day at school? XD----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 359 15
Sage is hybrid werewolf and witch. His father's pack disowned him due to that fun fact say "they don't want a half bred among them" , and he has been...
1.7M 67.6K 37
Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy. His attacker is right in his home and h...
1.6M 44.7K 33
For some wolves it is easy to find their other half. The other part of them that makes their life complete. But as for Josiph it is not. For years he...
14.9K 392 38
BOYXBOY. Mpreg This is my first story so please be patient with me as I grow as a writer hopefully you will enjoy it and continue to read. I hope it...