The Paid Mother (BWWM) ✔

Od josie321

Jackie is a full time clown who lives to put smiles on people faces. Kevin Powers is a hard working business... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Soundtrack
What's next?
My Valentine (Bouns Chapter)

Chapter 37

6.7K 339 22
Od josie321

Jackie

Max was in the middle of setting the table while I was preparing dinner when I heard the front door open.

 "Your late" I yell out knowing it is Kevin walking in.

 "Do you have room for one more" He calls out walking into the kitchen. I turn around to see an old man who I've never seen before behind him. He has gray hair and is wearing a black coat with a black cane. He keeps looking around the house and looks uncomfortable.

 "Okay I'll tell Max to add an extra plate" I answer unsure of the situation. Kevin gives me a smile and then turns around to save the old man.

 "This way sir" he says guide him to the dining room.

 "This is going to be so awkward" I whisper to myself making an extra plate.

After the table set and dinner is done, we all set at the dining table.  On the left side, Max and I sat next to each other while on the other side Kevin and the old man seat next each to each other. There is an awkward silence in the air. I keep looking at Kevin and the old men while Max just stares at everyone.

 "Alright, I think we should say grace before the food gets cold" I said sticking out my hands towards Max and the old man.

 "I wanna say grace" Max says happily.

"Lord, we ask you to bless the food that Dory has made and to bless my daddy and Dory. Bless sugar mama and grandpa, bless my uncles and aunt Esther." he pauses for a moment "Oh and bless my mommy and the old guest daddy has brought to eat with us.  Amen" 

"Amen," Kevin and I say. I look up at Kevin and he isn't making any contact with anyone.

 "Let's eat" I say fixing Max a plate.  As we eat Max starts to tell his dad all the things that happened at school. Max is also thinking to join the little league team at school. I knew it was only in a matter of time he would want to join a baseball team. Max is so busy talking while eating at the same time he starts to make a mess around him.

 "Max one at a time" I say. "Finish chew your food and then talk" I take a napkin and wipe his mouth and shirt. He smiles at me as his way of saying sorry.

 "What is your name?" For the first time since he got here, the old man speaks to me.

 "Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Jackie nice to meet you" I say sticking out my hand. He doesn't say anything and goes back to eating. I slowly put my hand down and look at Kevin. He smiles at me a small smile and continues to eat. I let out a breath and go back to eating. When dinner is over, I start to clean up while Max plays with the guest. I watch as Max makes an effort to play with the old man, but he doesn't respond to Max and keeps looking at the pictures across the wall. I feel arms wrap around my waist.

 "Oh no" I say pulling Kevin's arms away from me "You got some explaining to do" I say picking up the plates.

 "I know and I am sorry for the short notice. He caught me by surprise myself" He says picking up the leftovers from the table. We both walk into the kitchen.

 "So who is he?" I ask.

 Kevin lets out a deep breath "He is Kaley's father" I should have been surprised, but for some reason, I am not. I could kind of tell with his eyes. They look just like Max's eyes.

 "Where did you meet him?" I ask as I start to wash the dishes.

 "At Kaley's grave" he whispers.

 "So did he come here to see Max?" I feel Kevin's head on my back.

 "This is Max and I first time seeing him since she died" he answers. "I don't know if he blames me for Kaley not being able to live out her dream? or her death" I quickly turn around to face him.

 "There is no way in hell he could blame you for that" I say taking my soapy hands to his face. He quickly removes my hands from his face "Your cold" he says wiping of the soap from his face.

 "So what now?"

 "I don't know. Right now let's just wait and see" He answers.

 "You should be over there with him"

 "No. He needs to see Max first I own him that. After she died I never have spoken to her family." After I finish cleaning the table and the dishes. Kevin and I sit at the kitchen counter eating cookies and cream ice cream while watching Max play with grandpa.

 Max's grandpa slowly starts to warm up to him when Max shows him photos of himself growing up. When we both realize the tub of ice cream was done we decided it was time for Max to go to bed.

Getting up I walked towards them "Okay Max bedtime" I said.

 "Aw man" he answers getting up from sitting on his grandpa's lap.

 "Is it okay if I have a word with you" he says. My heart skips a beat.

 "Okay" I slowly answer.

 "I'll put him to bed" Kevin says behind me "Come on Max say goodbye"

 "Goodbye Grandpa" Max says giving him a hug. I look at them in shock. I can't believe he already told him. When Max and Kevin leave I take a seat across from him.

 "So.....what is it you wanted to speak to me about?" I ask.

 "How long have you and Kevin been seeing each other?" he asks.

 "Uh...not long" I answer.

 "And you already so close to his son" he says.

 "Well---"

 "I take it you know who I  am and what happened to his wife"

 "Yes sir"  After a long pause, he speaks again.

 "My wife has breast cancer," he says looking down.

 "Oh my--"

 "And she doesn't have much time. She told me before it is too late to find Max and bring her to him" he looks up at me. "You have done a fine well with him. Both of them. I visiting her gave even week and today was the first time I ever saw him. When I saw him he looked---happy" he says confused.

 "He didn't look the same when I last saw him at the funeral. He looked like a huge weight has just been lifted off him. I came today to see what or who has changed him?" I don't know how to respond.

"So anyway, Thank you for coming into there lives and I hope you can continue to be by there side" I bit my lip at the last part.

 "And please let Max come visit"

 "Of course" I answer.  

It was finally the weekend and Kevin decide to take a day off. I thought he would take Max and me out again, but he said that Max is going to have a sleepover with his friends. So that means for two days Kevin and I are going to have the house to our selves.

I woke up early to clean the house and when I was done. I made a big breakfast for Kevin and me.

 "Is that bacon I smell?"  I turn around to see Kevin wearing nothing but his boxers and his bed head. I bite my lip as I watch him make his way to the table.

 "You didn't have to do all this" he says taking a seat across from me. "This our day off. I could have asked the maid to cook"

 "No one cooks for man, but me" I say feeding him a piece of bacon. He smiles and takes a bite.

 "Alright fair enough. I like your cooking anyway"

 "Oh, what about Josh's wife?" I say taking a bite of my pancakes.

 He rolls his eyes "I thought you let that go" he says letting out a sigh. I laugh at the memory of what happened. "Oh yeah, that reminds me. I have to get you back for that" he says taking a sip of orange juice.

 "I'll like to see you try" I said rolling my eyes.

 "Ask and you shall receive" After breakfast, we get dressed to go to the mall.

 "Why are we going to the mall?" he says annoyed as we enter the mall. "We both here so many times. There is nothing new. Why don't we go to Greece or something?"

 "Listen we don't always have to go out of the country or take big trips to enjoy a day off. I just want to able to chill and spend the day with my man is that too much to ask?"

 "Fine" he answers. He takes my hand and we walk around the mall together. As we walk around the mall Kevin buys me almost everything I set my eyes on.

 "Open your eyes" he says as I hold on tight to his arm.

 "No, if I do you will try to buy whatever I set my eyes on again" I say.

 "Okay,  maybe I did go overboard," he says with a laugh.

 "Really? I mean you even bought a new couch when we already have one which you just bought a few months ago if I may ass" I say still in disbelief.

 "Okay, alright, I will stop" he says "So can you please open your eyes. People keep staring at me thinking your blind" I slowly open my eyes.

 "Oh you want me to buy you that guy over there?" he says walking towards a man who is walking past us.

 "Kevin!" I yell stopping him.

 "Just kidding" he says with a smile. I roll my eyes.

 "Let's go I'm hungry" I say.

 "What are you in the mood for?" he asks.

 "Umm....barbecue?" I said.

"Man I am full" Kevin as laying on the bed. After we eat we back home because are feet were tried for walking around so much. It was now night time and we were getting ready to just chill on the bed and watch a movie. I was in the middle of wrapping my hair when Kevin out of nowhere farted in the room.

 "Fuck Kevin!" I yell covering my nose.

 "My bad those bake beans are no joke" he let out another gas and started to laugh.

 "Ahh shit!" I quickly got up and made my way towards the door.

 "Aw come on in like 5 seconds it will be gone" it was too late I already made my way to the living room. I can't believe his nasty ass just passed gas and that little bastard didn't even excuse himself. Rolling eye my eyes at the thought I open the T.V in the living room.

 "Oh, so baby you go stay down there?" I hear him yelling from on top of the stairs.

 "Is the smell gone?" I yell back.

 "Yeah" he says with a laugh.  I turn off the T.V and get up to walk back to the room as soon as I enter the room Kevin lets out a huge gas.

 "KEVIN!" I scream running back downstairs. I hear him laughing his ass off as I run past him.

 "Oh, so you think this is funny?" I yell from downstairs.

 "I told you I'll get your ass back!" he yells back still laughing.

 "You so fucking nasty!" I go into the kitchen and open one of the cabinets and take out a bottle of air freshener. "I got something for you nasty ass" I whisper as I make my way back upstairs.

 "Aye what---" I spray Kevin on his ass and he starts to freak out. "What the fuck Jackie!" he yells trying to get away from me.

 "Naw frat again I dear you" I say spraying everywhere.

 "Alright woman" I keep chasing him and spraying him. "I can't  breath"

 "That's how I feel" Suddenly Kevin reached out and grabbed my arm. I tried to break free, but he grabbed my other arm causing me to drop the air freshener.

 "I told your ass to stop" He says pushing me backward causing me to land on my back on the bed.

 "Get off" I yell trying to break free. He smiles and leans on top of me. "I can't breath," I say out of breath. Kevin leans closer to my face and kisses me. I am shocked at first, but then I start to kiss this fool back. I start to bite his lip craving for more. I feel his grasp on my arms lose and I quickly wrap my arms and legs around him. Kissing him even harder. After a few more kisses we both pull back to catch our breaths. We both stare at each other and Kevin leans his forehead on mines smiling.

 "You play too much" I say.  He leans even closer until our noses touch and rubs his pointy nose against mines. "What the fuck?' I say confused.

 "Alright we're done" I push him off me and he rolls over to the side of the bed next to me.

He then grabs my hands and laces his fingers with mine.

 "When did you first start to fall for me?" he randomly asks.

 "I---I don't know" I answer truthfully, "I think--when you got shot" I say squeezing his hand. We are both laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling.

 "What about you?" I ask.

 "I think you first put a smile on Max's face. The day I fired you from not pick him up" I quickly sit up.

 "What the fuck? you yelled at me and left me stranded that day" he smiles and looks up at me.

 "I know" I roll my eyes and lay back on the bed. He pulls me closer to him and makes me lay my head on his chest.

 "We have been through so much together" he whispers.

 "Yeah" I say. Kevin kisses the top of my head and rubs my back.

 We lay in each other arms until we fall asleep.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.6M 141K 34
C O M P L E T E D ☼ Book 1 ☼ - for·bid·den love a love forbidden by family, society, conscience, etc. - Jonathan Stiller, the powerful owner of th...
167K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...
4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
38.7K 1K 45
Book #1 He's a hot, arrogant and a CEO with a jawline that could cut DIAMONDS!!💎 She's stunning, smart, and funny, but naive assistant. What happen...