I Am Living With an Idiot

By BrightWhiteSnow

Vena Anderson, a nineteen year old girl has moved away from home to attend college. She has no desire to live... More

||The Beginning||
Two || Hi My Name Is Vena
Three || Goodnight James
Four || Wow this looks good
Five || Where are we gonna eat?
Six || Tell me about yourself please
Seven || This is Awkward...
Eight || Oh God, Not Her
Nine || I Could Hit You So Hard Right Now
Ten || As You Wish, Darling
Eleven || You Are So Infuriating
Twelve || Grayson Would Not Be Jealous
Thirteen || The Agreement
Fourteen || You're Bluffing
Fifteen || All In Good Time James
Sixteen || Uh Oh This Can't Be Good
Seventeen || You Are So Adorable
Eighteen || I See You're Capable
Nineteen || Truth or Dare?
Twenty || Don't Panic
Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night
Twenty Two || His Darling
Twenty Three || Those Six Words
Twenty Four || Live a Little
Twenty Five || Staring is Impolite
Twenty Six || Game Over
Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player
Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less
Nothing more, Nothing less {Grayson's Pov}
Twenty Nine || How Can I Trust You?
Thirty || Worth The Risk
Thirty One || Stupid Sweet Talk
Thirty Two || Life is Beautiful
Thirty Three || We Need To Talk
Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be
Thirty Five || You Scared Me
Thirty Six || Such a Great Story
Thirty Seven || Afterwards
Thirty Eight || So Honest
Thirty Nine || Bouquet of Lillies
Forty || I Hate You
Forty One || His Kisses
Forty Two|| A Dilemma
Forty Three || I Don't Want to Hear it.
Forty Four || All Is Almost Forgotten
Forty Five || Maybe I Need This
Forty Six || Drunk Protests
Forty Seven || Hold My Hair
Forty Eight || Trust me V.A.
Forty Nine || Tease
Fifty || Get Out
Fifty One || Betrayed
Hello from the other side
Fifty Two || He Didn't Cheat On You
Fifty Three || Don't Raise Your Voice
Fifty Four || This Should Be Good
Fifty Five || Christmas Tree
Fifty Six || Wake Up
Fifty Seven || The City
Fifty Eight || He's Home
Fifty Nine || That's Cool
Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone
Sixty One || Presidential Debate
Sixty Two || Family Dinner
Sixty Three || Explosive
Sixty Four || Punch Your Teeth In
Sixty Five || Of Course
Sixty Six || Calvin Klein
Sixty Seven || Big Spoon
Sixty Eight || Before It's Too Late
Sixty Nine || What if?
Seventy || He Never Knew
Seventy One || Cupcake
Seventy Two || Abandon
Radish Notice!
Seventy Three || Forgive Him
Seventy Four || Messy Situation
Final Author Note: Important.
"I Am Living With An Idiot" Playlist
HELLO

Forty Eight || Trust me J.H.

188K 5.8K 2K
By BrightWhiteSnow

James's point of view

She just stared at me, like as if she heard me say that I murdered a man. I knew that this would happen, and this why I didn't say anything, this is why I kept it inside.

Perhaps I should have told her. Maybe then she wouldn't be so angry with me right now.

But it's not that easy.

I thought the whole situation would be better if I left it alone. This didn't concern her, but I suppose because she is my girlfriend, that may make it her concern.

I have a disaffection for the way she is staring at me so intensely. This whole situation, with us fighting so much and all has made a lot of tension.

I have to tell her before this gets too out of hand.

For all I know, it could be too late for that.

"James," she gains my attention. She looks so startled at my words, it's hard to explain the way she looks at me. I feel bad for not telling her anything, but it's not that easy.

"I'm sorry," I apologize. It was for a lot of things, really.

"Please just tell me," she pleads and crosses her hands in her lap.

I hope this won't change anything, god do I hope so. I hope to god that she will still with me, even if this shit is some risky business.

"I found my sister," I admit. She wasn't in a good place either.

Vena's face light's up, "That's great, James," she touches my arm.

"She's not in a good place, Vena," I lay the news on pretty thick.

She facial expression goes from happy to confused. "What do you mean by that?" she asks.

"You know what types of shit my parent's got into, right?" I ask and she nods, "Yes, well, she's taken over the 'business' while they've been in prison."

She sighs and leans her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, James," she says out of pity.

"Yeah, I've gotten in contact with her, she's not doing drugs, but she sure as hell is selling them," I tell her.

She sighs, "I would tell you that I know what you are going through, but that would clearly be a lie."

I smile down at her, I am quite surprised that she's not yelling at me for being such an asshole to him.

"I'm sorry for the way I've been acting towards you," she looks up at me with those perfect gray eyes of hers. "I've been stressed and it's hard for me to concentrate on other things, also, and I was an asshole," I tell her.

She looks at me and raises an eyebrow, "James, I know you are going through some stuff right now, but I can't just forgive you like that. Your words hurt." I knew that would be too easy.

I love her, more than she will ever know. It is my job to make her forgive me and I'll do whatever it takes.

~

~

She's angry at me, that is no secret. I need to make things better between us. I miss the way she used to touch me, but I can't blame her. This is all my fault.

At the moment, Vena is at her afternoon class and I would really like to do something with her. Maybe I should take her out tonight. I don't I think I have ever taken her on a date before. Maybe I should do that. I don't know, but I need to think of something quick.

I should just take her on that cliche type of date, dinner and a movie. I should do that. I call the restaurant and make reservations.

Finding something nice to wear could be another story. I'm sure I have something I my closet, but I need to get some new clothes.

I have a lot of regular clothes, but a lot of my suits are still at my parents house. I don't know if I would be able to get over there and get back in time for Vena to be home.

I grab my phone and call my mom. "Hi Mom," I say as soon as she answers the phone.

I hear her gush on the other end. "James, is that really you?"

I sigh, "Yes Mom, it's me. How are you and Dad doing?" I ask her.

I can just imagine her smile now, "We're doing great, Darling. Is everything alright?" she asks.

"Actually, I just wanted to make sure that you are home, so I can come by to get one of my suits," I tell her.

"Oh, why?" she pushes me.

I'll tell you in the car, I'm in a bit of a rush," I tell her, grabbing my car keys off the table.

"Oh okay, call me back when you get to your car," I lock the door behind me and take the elevator downstairs.

"Okay bye," I hang up and slip my phone in my back pocket.

_

_

"Seriously James?" was my mom's first words after I told her what was going on.

"I know, I know It's bad. I should have done this a long time ago," I tell her.

"Well, at least you are doing it now, better than never," she tells me.

_

_

By the time I made it to my parent's house and back, Vena is going to be home within the next twenty minutes or so.

I got my pants and shirt on and was just putting my tie on when I heard the front door open and close. I knew it was her because I had locked it before and she is the only one who has a key, I think. It could be very well possible that she cut a key for Grayson that I just don't know about.

Sometimes I think that she does things behind my back. When I thought she was cheating on me on more than one occasion, I didn't really think about who Vena is and what she would do because I feared for my own feelings more. I feel guilty for a lot of the things I to her.

"James?" I hear her ask me, getting closer to my room.

She opens the door and doesn't say anything for a minute. I smile at her, I really hope this goes well tonight. I miss my Vena.

"Go get dressed," I tell her, fixing my sleeves in the mirror.

She steps into my room, "Why?" she questions me.

"You'll see, just go put on something nice," I smile at her in the mirror.

She huffed and walked out of the room, not bothering to shut the door behind her.

She is so stubborn, but that shows that she can stand her own ground. I can't have someone in my life that just goes along with what I do in my life. She can get angry at stupid things I do and then is mad for a little bit, but she gets over it. I like that about her. She won't hold grudges. I know people look at us and think, why would he stay with that mood swinging freak? I know people say this because the kids at this school are not quiet talkers. The things is that, I don't care what these people are saying because it's not like they actually know what goes on between us, nor will they ever.

"HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE?" I hear Vena yell from down the hall.

I look down at my watch. "ABOUT AN HALF HOUR," I yell back.

I knew that she is going to take full advantage of the time, whereas I am ready to go. I grab my wallet off my desk and slip it into my back pocket.

I take one last look in the mirror, making sure my hair decided to be cooperative or not. It's all good. As I walked past Vena's room, I heard her music going.

I enter the living room, wondering what on earth I could do while she finishes up. I am patience-less person, so waiting for her is going to seem like years.

We have to be out the door in five minutes to be on time. "Alright, Vena. Let's go or we'll be late!" I yell to her.

By the time she finished, we had five minutes to get out the door so we aren't late. She came out of her room, closing the door behind her.

"So are you going to tell me where you are taking me?" I hear her voice.

I set down the book I was holding and look at her. I smile at her, "I told you it's a secret, Darling. Just trust me."

I like the dress she's wearing, it's not too short, but there sure as hell is cleavage. I didn't mind it but, I knew that other men wouldn't either.

I don't care what she wears, she will always be radiant to me.

She huffs, "James," whining to me.

"Come on, let's go," I open the door for her and let her walk out first.

_

_

The ride was about half an hour long. Vena sat in the passenger seat and looked pretty tired, I guess it was from sitting through one of those lectures again. They're always so boring. Hopefully she won't hate me more for taking her out tonight.

I park in front of my parent's building. I could feel her eyes on me, I look t her and smile at her. She looked beyond surprised at where I stopped my car.

I look at her and smile. Right after, I look away from her and get out, tossing my keys at the valet boy. He gave me a a slip of paper and I stick it in my back pocket. He fumbled to catch them at first. I really fought the urge to laugh at him. Shorty after that I heard the a car door shut. Vena had gotten out and started straightening out her dress.

A moment later, the man drives away in my car. Vena looks so stunned at what is happening around her.

I grab her hand and laces my fingers with mine. We walk in and Vena suddenly looked quite uncomfortable. I lead us to the front counter. "Hello Cassandra," I greet the host. My family has known her for a long time.

She smiles, "Hello James, your table is set on the first floor, in the far left corner."

I look back at Vena and lead her to the table. I didn't pull the chair out for her, I know that she doesn't like that kind of stuff. I have to be careful when I want to be romantic around her because she doesn't exactly like the 'old fashioned' kind of romance.

We sit and I look at her for a moment, "You look great, Vena," I compliment her.

She smiles and doesn't say anything at first. "James, what is all this? And whose restaurant is this?" she asks.

I chuckle at her, "I knew you wouldn't stay quiet on all night, so to tell you the truth, this is my parent's restaurant," I admit, glancing around.

"And this is all for you, I want to show you how sorry I am, I miss us and I want us to be okay again. Plus, I've never actually taken you out on a date before, so I figured that it is the time that I do that," I explains.

He's trying, that's clear. I'm going to just see what he has planned for tonight.

I love talking to Vena, because when we get into a conversation, we will talk about just the most random things.

The waitress suddenly set the plates down and smiles at the two of us, "James, Mr. Henderson would like you and your date to visit him in the kitchen when you have finished your meal," she gives the message to me.

I acknowledge her, "Thank you for the message."

She walks away and I unroll my napkin and take my fork and knife and digs right into my meal.

After a bite, I look at her. She was just staring at the food like it were some sort of trophy.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, swallowing my bite first.

She shakes her head, "No, it's just that this place doesn't have the same demeanor of most of the restaurants that I usually go to," she starts to unravel her napkin, catching the utensils as they fall into her hand.

"Then what are you used to?" I ask, questioning her.

____________________

About who this needs to be dedicated to: I forget whose idea this was, so just message me if this was yours and I'll dedicate it to you. #lazylife

–BWS ❄️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.7K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
501K 21.4K 59
"Everyone has a chapter they don't want to read out loud. Mine just so happens to be a book." Allison Bridge. Hearing her name makes most people crin...
195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...
713K 17.3K 83
[completed & under editing] 𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 ➙ 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧; 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧-𝘤...