Playing The Love Game

By Sara_Dalton

The Love Games Series More

The Love Games
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Four - My First Kiss Experience [✓]
Five - Match [✓]
Six - Unexpected [✓]
Seven - Memory Lane [✓]
Eight - Betrayal [✓]
Nine - Family Feud [✓]
Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Ten.

1.9K 35 3
By Sara_Dalton

I sat back in my seat, I was sitting in my car parked outside the front of university.

I have to face Jason and Christy, I wonder if Christy has said anything to Jason about our conversation.

I guess they are perfect for each other, she's like a ditzy blonde and he is a piece of hunky meat for her to catch – seems fitting doesn't it.

I grabbed my bag and took once last look in the mirror before entering the building.

I finally got out of my car and followed everyone to the entrance, I walked down the hallway to my classroom – I put my hand onto the door handle and went to push it open, but I got stopped.

"Hey, I need to talk to you" Jason said stopping me from entering the classroom.

I'm guessing he has spoken to Christy already, I let go of the handle and followed him, I saw Christy smile as she went into the classroom.

"Is it true what you said to Christy?" Jason didn't seem very happy.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb" He said aggressively.

"She asked if we were an item and I said you were just helping me out and then she said to just observe you two as a couple and write it as my own" I repeated what she said to me.

"Why did you agree?"

"Well she likes you"

"I don't"

I stood there just looking at him, his hazel color eyes looking into mine, I never really noticed before but he actually has nice eyes.

"I'm sorry" I broke the silence.

Jason didn't say anything, he glanced into my eyes and we stood there for a few seconds.

Everything around us seems to be a blur, I couldn't take my eyes away from him. He looked down to my lips and glanced back up to my eyes, he went to lean in to kiss me – I could feel his warm minty breath sweep across my face, I felt my lips begin to pout ready for him.

I actually pouted for him to kiss me.

I suddenly pushed him away and made my way into the classroom, as I went to my seat I could feel Christy giving me daggers, I didn't chance to look at her – if looks could kill I reckon I would be dead the moment I look at her.

I sat down in my seat and watched as Jason made his way to his seat, he sat down the glanced over to me.

His dark brown hair shining from the ray of sunlight reflecting off the windows, it was floppy over to the side.

He was wearing a tight Grey t-shirt which you could see his body through, his build looked perfect.

What am I doing?

I just totally checked Jason out.

I looked down at my paper, I started jotting this feeling I was having right now – was it Love?

No maybe Lust?

How would I know how that would feel, I mean I've never done something like that, would I still know.

I started chewing the end of my pen, I slowly glanced over to Jason who was writing down in his pad. His profile looked handsome, such a perfect jaw line and his lips were not to thin but not to thick – he had long eyelashes, it really makes his eyes stand out.

"Lia"

I wasn't taking any notice, I carried on staring at Jason.

"Lia"

Jason glanced over to me, my heart skipped a beat.

"LIA"

I jumped out of my skin, I turned round to see Raymond in front of me, yeah perfect timing.

Why does he always catch me off guard.

"Lia, are you OK?" he asked me.

"Oh er, I'm fine. Just thinking of more things to write" I lied, I gave him a little cheeky grin.

He looked at me for a few seconds before moving on.

I glanced back over to Jason who had a big grin across his face, I could feel my face completely blush from him smile.

What has happened to me?

Did I fall under a spell or something?

I'm all of a sudden becoming attracted to Jason, I carried on chewing my pen again deep in thought.

The end of class came and everyone started packing up there things, for once I didn't have to stay behind.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and made my way to the door, Jason and Christy were both behind me.

I walked out of the door and down the corridor towards the exit to the car park, I dropped my keys onto the floor.

"Crap" I whispered to myself, I bent down to pick them up.

When I came back up Christy and Jason were standing in front of me.

"Hey do you fancy doing something together?" Christy randomly asked.

What is she up to?

"Er, I guess so. I have to go in a couple of hours though" I explained.

"How comes?" she asked.

"I have a competition to get to at west wood" I told her.

Yeah I completely forgot about that, the race.

"Competition?" Christy looked at me to explain.

"I am an athlete and I am racing later" I said to her in the simplest terms.

Without any hesitation Jason grabbed my arm pulling me towards him, I heard a loud smashing noise come from where I was just standing.

"What the hell?" I said looking back to see a vase smashed up on the floor.

I looked up to see where it came from but there wasn't anyone in sight, this might be the people who are trying to be inconvenient to me – the people Sally warned me about.

Could that be right?

"Are you OK?" Jason asked worriedly.

"yeah I'm fine" I said looking at the broken vase.

That probably could have killed me, how far are they willing to go and this is only the first.

Looks like I am in for a bumpy ride.

"Come on" Jason said dragging me followed by a disappointed Christy.

I could see jealousy in her eyes.

We arrived to a coffee shop just down the street from the university building, we all sat round a table Jason next to me and Christy on the other side of him, Christy was babbling about something that happened in her old school before coming here.

She was trying to get Jason's attention, but it wasn't working, he just kept saying yes and nodding.

I wanted to laugh out loud but I held it in, Christy might get offended – I sipped at my tea cup as I watched Jason looking bored from her talking.

He glanced over to me catching my gaze, he pressed his lips into a thin line and letting them go slowly, I licked my bottom lip gently as I watched his lips torment me.

All of a sudden I could feel a hand touching the top of my thigh under the table, it made my jump at first. He squeezed my leg as he sipped his latte with his spare, I could feel my legs tremble under his touch.

I felt a little bit hot inside.

What should I do back? Should I touch him too?

No that would be weird.

Hold his hand?

No that sounds stupid.

I gulped hard as he hand started to move higher, I closed my eyes for a second and then flinched as he squeezed again.

I jumped up fro the table all of a sudden. Christy looked at me in horror and Jason had amusement in his face.

"Need the loo" I lied, I had to get out of there, Jason was touching me and it felt really....

Feel?

It felt kind of nice, I guess.

No, I can't think of it like that.

This is just for my essay, it's just a game.

I can't let myself go down, not for someone like him.

I held my head high and ignored the thoughts going through my head, I opened the toilet door going back out to the table.

I sat down and smiled at them both, I glanced over to Jason who was smirking at me.

I huffed and looked away.

"You know the competition you in later?" Christy asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can we come and watch?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah sure" I replied with a small smile.

When we finished I made my way over to the car, I jumped in and hurried over to West Wood.

When I arrived there was loads of people around, I grabbed my bag and went somewhere to change into my tracksuit, I even had the spikes Thomas got me.

He even knew what kind to get me, he knows me too well.

When I finished changing I went out to start warming up, I think it is a while until my first race.

"Lia" Jason and Christy made there way over to me.

I forgot they were here.

"Yeah?" I looked at them both.

"Good luck" Jason wished me luck.

"Thanks" I replied smiling.

I looked around to see if I could see Thomas anywhere.

"It's busy isn't it" Christy said as she looked around the track, there was also a stand of seats opposite the track where the visitors watch.

I finally saw Thomas, I jogged over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Lia you're here" Thomas looked nervous.

"Yup" I said popping the P

"Good luck, your first race is after the long jump" Thomas said to me.

I nodded.

I glanced over to the 100 meter start, I saw some girls warming up over there – they didn't look all that.

One of the girls looked at me, she gave me the most dirtiest look ever.

"Why do I get the feeling these girls don't like me?" I complained to Thomas, he let out a chuckle.

"You are favorite to win the first race" He admitted.

"I'm favorite?" I looked at him shocked.

"So this is Ophelia" I heard a deep voice come from behind me.

I looked round to see my old coach standing there with his hands on his hips.

"Paul" I said with excitement.

"how are you my little dasher?" he said giving me a small hug patting my back.

He always used to called me little dasher because I was so fast when I was little.

"I'm back in the game" I said smiling.

"All those in the female 100meter sprint, please get ready" I heard the announcement call.

"Well it's my time" I said as I slowly walked over to the 100 meter start, I put my number sticker onto my vest top I had on under my tracksuit jacket, which I took off.

I did some last minute stretches, the girls were all standing in a group talking about me.

I glanced over to the stand to see Jason and Christy watching me, I started to feel really nervous, there was so many people expecting me to win this race easily.

"Get into positions" I heard the guy say.

Everyone got ready in their block starts, I looked down at my hands until I noticed something.

"WAIT" I called.

"What is it?" The guy asked.

"My glasses" I said putting my sunglasses on, the clung onto my head tightly.

I got back into my position again, I started to focus on kicking out before anything else.

"Ready" The guy called.

"Set" Everyone listed the bottoms up.

He then shot the gun and everyone took off, I felt someone throw powder into my face as we took off but it didn't do anything because I put my glasses on.

Nice try.

My kick started was pretty poor but I can still pick up my pace.

I clenched my hands into fists as tight as I could, lifting my knees as high as I can with my posture up straight.

The wind blowing onto my face and my hair flapping everywhere as I ran, I moved into second place.

I saw the finish line coming up and that was where I started picking up the pace, I over took the girl in first place and kicked off towards the line placing me now in first.

Easy.

I crossed the line.

"12.05" the guy with the stopwatch called.

Best time yet.

I glanced over to Thomas who was waiting for me, I ran over to him and he put his arms around me lifting me into the air.

"You won" Thomas said excitedly.

"OF course" I replied as he put my back down again.

I felt someone budge past me, I glanced round to see the girl who threw powder into my face which didn't affect me at all.

"nice try" I called out to her.

"What did she do?" Thomas asked confused.

"She threw powder into my face at the kick start" I explained.

"SHE WHAT" Thomas shouted.

I slapped his arm.

I made my way over to the stand to get myself a bottle of water until I felt someone tap my shoulder, I turned round to see Jason standing there.

"Well done" He finally said smiling at me

"Thanks" I replied taking a swig from my bottle.

"You made it look so easy out there"

"Well it is easy"

"For you" Jason chuckled.

"Jason-" I started but I was cut off.

Jason crashed his lips against mine, I looked at him in shock. I didn't know if I should push him away or kiss him back.

His warm lips moving against mine, I gave into temptation – I moved my lips with his.

I felt his hand touch my cheek as he kissed me tenderly.

I opened my eyes to look at him to see Christy standing there with her arms crossed.

"Christy" I said pushing Jason away from me.

She didn't look happy at all.

Why did I even kiss Jason?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 36 24
USA
1.6K 210 39
Love story with humor, love, sadness, anger, hurt and lust
64.3K 8.3K 50
a college romcom