Forgotten Darkness (Naruto Fa...

By gaara119

Keira- a young, hurt girl who longs for companionship. Driven out of every village, she eventually arrives at... More

Forgotten Darkness
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chappter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Author's Note
Thank You
Playlist

Chapter Forty Three

15.4K 849 214
By gaara119

We were to begin negotiations today. We got one day of rest, and Erai kept us inside going over orders and how to behave. My orders? To be seen and not heard. To only be a pair of eyes watching the proceeding. She told me that no matter what happens, I was to not interfere.

We had to look good, so I found myself wearing a kimono. I actually liked it a lot. I never got the chance to dress nice, and it felt good. I would be able to easily fight in this, if need be. The only weapon on my Body was my twin daggers.

My twin daggers were my only "decorative" weapon I own. I felt naked with so few weapons. But I still had my jutsu, and my two fists.

I was walking down the street, slightly behind the group. Ayumu dropped back beside me. "You look very nice," he complimented.

I had been scanning the streets for Gaara. I had hoped to see him yesterday, but Erai kept us inside. "Uh, thanks," I mutter, "so do you," I return the compliment.

"Thanks," he gives me a close eyed smile. "So, are you going to try for Chunin next year?" He asked.

"Yeah," I tilt my head towards him, "I'm pretty disappointed. I wanted to be one this year," I admit.

"What are you, twelve?" He asks, "you have plenty of time. I'm fifteen, well soon to be sixteen, and a jon in. You'll catch up to me in no time, I bet," he assured me.

"Yeah, I'm twelve," I think I am, anyway. "And thanks. That means a lot,"

We arrive at the building and walk inside. Erai sits me in a corner, away from the table. How insulting.  

Everyone enters, and I listen to the proceedings closely. After about two hours I get bored, and begin to study everyone here. I stiffen slightly in surprise as I see Kankuro and Temari. I catch Temari's eye, and a small smile breaks across her face.

I wave, and mouth, "what are you doing here?" Kankuro notices me and looks towards Temari in confusion. They're so lucky, seated at the actual table. Temari explains who I am to Kankuro, who nods thankfully to me.

I mouth then mouth the question again. Kankuro's eyes light up in realization. "Kazekage's children," he mouths back. I look around the table for Gaara. Temari catches my eye and shakes her head. My eyes sadden with understanding.

He still isn't accepted. Poor Gaara. It will be hard to convince everybody he's changed. "Okay! That's enough for today!" Someone says. My head snaps up and I follow them outside.

"Erai-San, Do you mind if I look around the Village some? I won't cause any problems," I ask.

"I suppose you can," she said.

I smiled. "Arigato, Erai-San," I thanked. I traveled down well remembered paths, Finally reaching my destination. I look at the familiar doors memories flashing through my head. I hesitantly knock.

Temari opens the door. "Oh! Hello, Keira-san!" She greeted, "I suppose you'd like to see Gaara?" She assumed.

"Yes," I admitted.

"One moment, please," she requested, partially closing the door. I hear her walking throughout the house, pausing as she raps on doors. She comes back to the door. "That's strange. I thought he was in... Maybe he just went outside... I'll tell him you were calling on him," she smiles.

"Arigato," I thank, even though I'm disappointed. I turn, beginning to walk away.

"Hey, Keira-san, do you want to go down and get lunch sometime?" She asked. I looked up, a hesitant smile reaching my face.

"I'd like that... Temari-chan," I agree.

A grin stretches across her face, "See you soon, Keira-chan!" She calls to my retreating figure.

I didn't see Gaara over the next six days. I was really worried. I wanted to see him, desperately, but no matter where I looked, he wasn't there. Eventually I was looking everywhere I went for him.

I wanted to find him so badly that I began to imagine seeing glimpses of him out of the corner of my eyes. But that was just me and my imagination.

The question ringing through my head now was, "Where are you, Gaara?"

And,

"Are you avoiding me?"

It's been a week and two days since I came to sunagakure, and I was determined to find Gaara. It was ten at night and I was walking down the street, searching along rooftops fors Gaara.

"Hello pretty!" A group of drunken guys yell. I cringe away slightly. Disgusting.

"Y-ya wanna know howai get 'n eight inch dick?" I stiffen, eyes going wide as I recognize the voice. "I'd fold it in half," the other men around him laugh.

"Y'know, just being around you kills me," he said. I drew a little closer.

"A-are you supposed to be drinking?" I asked in concern. Why was he here of all places?

"Are you supposed to be this gorgeous?" The men around him began to go back inside to get more drinks, but he stayed out here with me.

"You're so hooooottt," he murmured, stroking my face. I step away in disgust. Why is he doing this?

"Katsuo-san..." I trail off, slapping his hand away. "This isn't you-- well, it is you, but this is taking it to far. You're my teammate, now BACK OFF," I command. "Just go home and sober up. It wouldn't look good if you had a hangover at the meeting," I murmur, walking away.

A fist slams into my head, and an arm wraps around my throat, dragging me down an alley way. "And you don't tell me what to do, *mesu inu!" Katsuo growls in my ear.

I'm laying limp in his grasp, dazed from the blow. I normally could have dodged the strike, but I wasn't expecting it from my own teammate.

"Now, lets find out exactly how pretty that body of yours is... You always keep it all covered up," he hissed, pinning my arms above my head with one arm, and my legs to the ground with Kunai.

He tears my cloak off, leaving me in my short leather crop top and pants. No tears come to my eyes, but I begin to struggle profusely, screaming through his hand over my mouth. He pins my hands with Kunais as well, so he now has a free hand.

I feel a cold prick on my exposed belly. I look down in terror, seeing a Kunai pressed against my stomach. "You scream, you die," he hissed. Like hell. I'm screaming anyway. He takes his hand off my mouth, and one quick, short scream escapes my mouth before he has a cloth stuffed in it.

I attempt to spit it out. Both his hands are now free, and he steps back to admire his handy work. "This is such a turn on," he mutters, then steps forward, placing a firm hand on my neck.

As he leans in to kiss me, all I can think of, strangely, is how he is about to steal my first kiss. I close my eyes, waiting for the impact of his lips on mine.

But it never came. I open my eyes to see a a small square of sand between his lips and mine. The sand forms a fist, and hits him upside the head.

I feel his nails scratch the side of my neck as his hand flies from my neck. I look around in surprise, and see a furious Gaara. "Gaara...." I breathe, relief flooding through me. He sends a quick glance in my direction, but then refocuses his gaze on Katsuo.

Sand creeps all the way up to Katsuo's neck. "What do you think you were doing, you dirty little pig?" He growled, up in his face.

"G-Gaara," I whisper, and he turns to me. He walks up, Katsuo floating behind him. "Can you turn him around?" I ask. Gaara glances up, then spins Katsuo away so he can no longer see me. 

Gaara says nothing as he unpins me. When he's finished, I collapse on the ground. His hand is immediately on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Like you care," I mutter, pushing his hand away.

His eyes widen, and I feel the shock and confusion radiating from his mind. "Why have you been avoiding me?" I asked.

He looks away. "I... I was worried that you didn't really want to see me... I'm so scared of being rejected by you again," He whispered.

I crawled closer to him, cupping his face in my hands. His eyes, which held emotion as vast as the sea, met mine. "Gaa-kun," I speak softly, "I didn't reject you the first time. I care deeply about you. I've been searching for you for the past week," I admit.

"I know," He started, then paused.

"You know...." I prompted.

"I watched you," he mumbed, "Everyday, every night. Tonight I was sitting on my rooftop, trying to locate you when I heard your scream,"

"Well, I'm glad you found me," I hugged him, partly for my comfort and partly for his. He hugged me back. We walked down the street, and I heard every murmur withing the households.

"I thought he was trying to change,"

"There that monster goes..."

"Poor girl, he's probably taking her somewhere to kill her," 

I stopped in the middle of the street, and turned to Gaara. I embraced him tightly, and he hugs me back again, though slightly hesitant.

"Why is she hugging that monster?"

"Why is he hugging back?"

"What's that girl trying to accomplish?"

"Thank you, Gaara-kun. You saved me," I say, a little louder then necessary. 

"He... saved her?"

"Maybe he has changed..."

"Hm... what did he save her from?"

"You know it's not a problem," He whispered into my hair. I'm shorter then everyone! We continue walking towards my apartment, him supporting me.

As we walk up to the complex, Erai strides down the stairs. "What did this monster do to you?" She shouts, enraged. I stare at her, then something inside me breaks slightly, and I run at her, hugging her waist tightly. 

She seems slightly shocked, but rubs my back comfortingly anyway, turning her body slightly to shield me. I'm aware of Gaara explaining what happened to me, but I keep my eyes tightly closed. "Is what he said true?" Erai asks.

"Y-yes," I stutter slightly.

"I'm sorry," She whispers to me.

"I will be putting this man in the local prison until you can take him back. Are you alright with that?" Gaara asks. Erai nods, eyes cold.

"Oh, and one more thing, young man," She calls to Gaara. He turns back, eyes wary. She opens her mouth, and two words come out.

"Thank you,"

He nods, turning away.

But I'm able to catch that split second of happiness that flew across his face as he's accepted.

_________________________________________________

Chapter Forty Three!

I prevail! Despite the fact that my computer is taken away, I manage to write another chapter for you people. I don't think it's the best.... And it's really short... T.T

Oh well, all the same...

Tell me what you think! 

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 362 12
Naruto is a sweet and obnoxious young boy, always laughing and goofing off. At least that's what people see anyways. But inside he's really hurting...
238K 8.5K 42
Keira Satoshi had a dull and average life, with more than a few bumps in the road. She adores fiction to escape into her own little world. Especially...
153K 4.8K 33
I do not own Naruto nor their characters, only a few characters I own which you'll stumble upon in the story. 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 A girl(...
102K 2.2K 31
This is a sequel from I'm Different (Sasuke X Reader) It's been two years since Sasuke, taking Y/N with him after rescuing her from the bandits. So...