Teenage Struggle

By Alana_Briana

Shyness ➡ Bullying ➡ Overcoming Weaknesses ➡ Insecurity ➡ Thug ➡ An Unexpected love Malayia "You ain't sh... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Just to let you'll know
New Phone
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Update
Chapter 25.2
Chapter 26
27
New ❗️ Book ❗️Alert ‼️
Sequel Maybe?!

Chapter 12

3K 94 8
By Alana_Briana

Malayia

Once Devin texted me back and said he was on the way with my food I got happy. All I could do was think about my stomach.

I kept the same clothes on which was a tank top and some tights. I supposed to get all dolled up. Um no. All of a sudden I hear banging on the front door.

Who the fuck banging on my damn door like they the police. I got up and opened the door to see Devin standing there with my food in his hand.

My eyes went big once I seen Devin had my food in his hands. I took the plate out his hands. I realizedI didn't even spoke to Devin.

Devin took the plate back out of my hands. My smile turned into a frown real quick. While he just smirked as always.

"No food until you speak to the person who brought the food to you." I sighed, I was hungry as hell and he wanted to do this.

"Hi Devin, thank you for the food." I said with a fake ass smile on my face. Devin knew I was hungry too, I know good and well he hear my stomach over hear growling and shit.

I reached for the food and Devin laughed after that he spoke up, "Wassup ma, now was that so hard." He said, finally giving me my plate back and I headed straight to the kitchen.

By the time Devin walked into the kitchen half of my food was gone. Devin's mom can cook her ass off. The food had me over here wanting seconds and shit.

I finished my plate less than two minutes later. I went into the living room to see Devin on the couch on his phone. I just sat down beside him and turned on the t.v. to BET, and started texting Nia.

Only for my phone to be snatch out my hand, and t.v to be cut off. "The fuck was that for?" I asked mean mugging the shit out of him.

He looked at me and mugged me back, and started talking.

"First of all stop the cursing it ain't cute ma." His facial expression looked more calm now. "Second, we got a lot of things we need to talk about."

After he said we need to talk I just simply agreed. I just sat back and waited for this conversation to start.

Devin

I told Layia that we needed to talk. I already had it planned out. I calmed down and took a quick look at Layia, and continued on.

"This how it's going to go I talk, you listen and when I want you to answer my questions go ahead and answer my questions. One more thing don't hold nothing back. Do you understand me?" I asked her.

"Hmmm." Layia said. "Speak." I told her with authority in my voice.

"Yes I understand Devin." I just smirked, but now is not the time for me to be smirking and shit.

"Why are you so shy ma?" I asked my first question. Layia look like she was in a deep thought on what she was about to say. "Take ya time ma." I told Layia after she said that she was ready to talk.

"I was never like this you know, being shy. It started when I got in high school. I didn't talk to that many people. I only talk to the nerds and they weren't even my friends. I was left to explore high school by myself."

"That's until Nia came in the picture. Nia became my best friend and only friend at that. She was my rock, my own little counselor." Layia told me then she let out a small chuckle. "I love Nia like she's another sister to me."

After hearing what she just said I now understand one reason why she's so shy. Layia is the type of girl who's shy and don't fuck with that many people. I also realized that Layia don't let people in that easy.

Of course, there's a reason why she doesn't let people in. I know it's because there's something deeper than this shy shit she got going on. That's leads me to my second question.

"Why do you let them bully you like that?" I asked her. "Devin what are you talking about?" She asked as she started to play with her hair.

I gave her the do I'm look like I'm playing with you look. Layia immediately sighed and took a deep breath. I guess that means she's about to tell me.

"To be honest with you, Devin I really don't know why I let them bully me. It's like every time Brittany, Tyla and Lalia come around and say some dumb shit too me I get on hush mouth."

"I have so much shit to say to those three, but I can never get any words out of my mouth. I don't know what it is. They call me ugly, stupid, worthless and other shit. I used to know that I wasn't none of that. However, now I just feel like I'm all that shit they say I am." Layia stopped because she was crying.

I scooted over some more and just held Layia as she sobbed into my shirt. This is good. It's bad to see her cry, but it's good for ma to open up some. However there's still more that sge didn't share yet.

I just sat there and held her and rub her back until she calmed down and was ready to start talking.

Layia sat up and looked down. I guess she was embarrassed about crying in front of me. I immediately sat up and I thought I told her about doing that.

"Ma what I told you about that?" I asked Layia. She answered back and said, "Don't hold my head down when I'm around you."

"Correct." You're to beautiful to be holding your head down." Once I said that she started blushing hard as hell. I just love that I have that effect on her, I thought.

"You don't have to lie Devin." Once Layia said that I knew that bullying shit had gone too far.

"Ma trust and believe me I'm not lying. Why do I even have to lie for?" I questioned her. "Malayia your are pretty,  you stand out from all these little hoes running around the school. Ma you have class, morals and a future ahead of you. Something that a lot of these girls out here lack."

After I said that she had a big ass smile on her face and of course she was blushing hard as hell. I just love that, I thought. However, this little moment can't last forever cause Layia still need to tell me the rest.

"Malayia." I called out to her to get her attention. She simply answered with a "Yes." "You and I both know that you ain't finish telling me everything, so let's get back to the discussion."

"Ugh Devin do I have to?" She asked
I gave her the duh look. She sighed but continued on.

"My insecurities all started when my father left the picture." "Up to the age of 8 I seen my father everyday of my life." "We spent every day talking, laughing, and just playing around." "I was truly a daddy's girl."

"My father always told me that I was pretty and to never hold my head down. He always said, "Keep ya head up baby girl." At the age of eight, that was the last time I ever seen him."

"That took a lot of my strength and courage away. I'd went into depression. I went from seeing that piece of shit everyday to not seeing him at all. That shit hurts." Once Layia said that she went outside to cool off. While I stayed inside to process what I just heard.

Her father leaving was the core of all her problems. If he would've stayed she would've never been like this. It was his fault. The insecurities. The bullying. The shyness. All of it.

She just need somebody to help her with all of her problems. I already know Nia is there for her. However, she's going to need somebody else.

I'm that somebody else. I'm gonna help her learn how to stick up for herself. Her shyness will surely be gone once I'm finish helping her.

I walked outside to find Layia sitting down on the porch looking much more calmer than before.

"You good now? I asked her. "Yea I'm good. Thank you for listening. It felt good to get all of that off my chest." She said looking refreshed.

I simply said, "It's all good ma." After the discussion we had I was about to leave only to be stopped by Malayia.

Malayia

The talk we had was great. It felt so good to get that off my chest. I only told one other person that and that was Nia.

After the talk Devin thought he was getting away easy. Hell no.

"Wait Devin." He turned around and said, "Yes ma?" He questioned. "You thought you was getting off easy?" I asked him.

Devin had a confused look on his face. While I was smirking.

"Devin I got a couple of questions for you too." Once I said that Devin looked like a deer caught in head lights.

Author's Note: Long chapter right?Show me some love though.
Lil P.A.B 👌💯✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...
169K 3K 42
India was only 14 when her parents left her & her older brother. Even though he was able to take care of her she decided that she needed to help to...
6.6K 360 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
71.9K 2K 40
"You tryna fuck suhm?" "No Assiana. Watch the movie" "Mm..... I think you're lying" she hummed as her hand moves up to his hard on, massaging it. Are...