mirstie ✖️ one shots

By GAAAAAYY

ehhh im so sorry someone please delete me ok I have no intention to finish this ever or write more EVER im so... More

Anything, For You
Somebody Loves You
The Party
Voicemail Part 1
Voicemail Part 2
Cheerleader
Why? Part 1
Why? Part 2
Dare Part 1
Dare Part 2
Why? Part 3
Lose You
Dear Diary Part 1
Dear Diary Part 2
Seconds
Everything
Sorry

Valentine's day

388 17 1
By GAAAAAYY

'Hey Kirstie, guess what day it is...
Valentine's Day! You excited for today? I bet Jeremy's gonna propose!'

Kirstie read Mitch's text over and over again. Why? Why couldn't he understand that she was more interested in Mitch than Jeremy?

Kirstie decided to not reply, and got ready for rehearsals. Mitch would be there, so she could talk to him in person later on.
The soprano rolled her eyes as she thought of Valentine's Day, and was dreading having to see Jeremy today.

Yeah, she was supposed to spend Valentine's Day with her boyfriend, but Kirstie didn't feel like it. Truth is, she stopped feeling that little spark around Jeremy.

She didn't want to admit it, but Kirstie got bored of her boyfriend.
Kirstie got that little feeling around someone else...

As she got deep into thought, her phone rang; pulling her out of her trance.

"Hello?"
"Hey Kirstie!" Her best friend greeting excitedly.
"Mitch, happy Valentine's Day!" Kirstie replied, faking the enthusiasm.
"Happy Valentine's Day! How are you, princess?"

Kirstie shook her head, slightly annoyed at Mitch for doing these cute little things for her. He'll never love her, after all.

"I'm good, how's yourself?"
"Could be better. I'm all alone today." An idea came to Kirstie.

"Mitch, that's alright. You have me, don't you?"
Mitch laughed on the other end of the line.
"Kirst, you have someone. Plus, we'll only ever be friends."
Kirstie could feel an aching feeling, like her heart shattered inside her chest.
"Yeah, I guess."

Kirstie had a hard time saying those words, but had to cover up the struggle with a smile.

Mitch sat alone in his house, quietly for a while.

On the other hand, Kirstie got a coat and shoes on, and left her home.

"So... What time is Jeremy coming over to see you?" Mitch asked, attempting to break the awkward silence.

Kirstie thought about what she was doing for a moment, before responding.

"I don't think he'll be coming over today."

"What?! Why?" Kirstie smiled sadly, and let out a breath.

"I don't want to see him today. It's hard to explain..." Mitch quietly accepted this, but thought to himself 'Why happened between Kirstie and Jeremy?'

"Why not? What'd you argue about? Don't say it's nothing, I know you Kirst." Kirstie laughed quietly, he may not know her as much as he thought he did.

"It's actually nothing. I just..."
Kirstie couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence.
"You just what?" Mitch had no idea what was going on.

"Just forget it. I'll tell you later."
"Yeah, we have rehearsals today, don't we?"
Kirstie smiled as soon as she turned and walked down a familiar street.

"Yup, we do."
"I guess I have to wait an hour and a half to know this secret you're keeping." Mitch said. "Wait, are you going somewhere?"

Kirstie's smile vanished. Her plans could be ruined!

"Why would you think that?"
Mitch laughed. "I can hear you walking, princess."
Kirstie face palmed, almost dropping her phone in the progress.

"Fuck, I knew I shouldn't have worn heels today!" Mitch laughed at her again.

"So, are you surprising some one else today? I can guess, because nothing ruins a relationship like falling for someone else."

Kirstie tried to wait as long as she could before replying, giving herself time to come up with a good reply.

"I'm just going to Starbucks." She wasn't quite lying, because she just walked out the door of Starbucks.

"Ok, sure." Mitch said sarcastically.
The blonde woman summed up her bravery;
"I am going to see someone. I just got him Starbucks."

"Aw, that's so cute! Who's the guy that's so lucky to have an amazing girlfriend like you?"

"I'm not dating him, Mitchy!"
"Are you planning on?" Kirstie sighed so loud, people across the street heard it.
"Um... Sort of?" Kirstie said, like a question.

"Who is it?" She looked down at her feet and bit her lip.

"I feel like pentaholics are gonna get angry at falling for this guy..."
"Princess, I can keep it a secret."

"Mitch, I'll tell you later." Mitch didn't know how later, but Kirstie expected 2 minutes, as she was so close to Mitch's apartment.

"Ugh, another damn secret that's gonna be on my mind for a while."

"Not that long..." She said under her breath.

"What did you say?"
"Nothing!" Kirstie replied quickly.
He shrugged it off soon, but didn't forget about it.

"So... How's life?"
"Mitch, you saw me two days ago." She laughed.

"I know, but what's new?"

"... Literally... Nothing." Kirstie took her time to reply.

"Are you walking up stairs of something? You're breathing heavily." Mitch asked innocently, when in reality Kirstie was.

"Yeah I am."
"You're almost at his house then..." Mitch figured out.

"Yep, I'm about to knock on his door." Kirstie said, unable to stop smiling.

"Sh-should I call you back?"

"Nah, you can stay." 
"Isn't that going to be really weird and awkward?" He asked.

"Nope." She replied.
"Um.. Alright then." There was another silence.

"Give me a second, someone's at my door."

"That's alright." She said, smiling.

The front for swung open, a smiling Kirstie facing a surprised Mitch, both with phones still held up to their ears.

"...me?" He didn't have much to say.

"You." Kirstie replied. She handed Mitch a Starbucks drink. "Happy Valentine's Day!"

Mitch was still shocked, but happy with the turn out of events.

"I love you, Kirst." He wrapped his arms around her and they held each other in the doorway for sometime.

"It's ok, I know you don't mean it."

"I don't care what you think I mean, but I know I mean that I really love you." Kirstie smiled and hid her head in his chest.

"Wait, you deserted Jeremy for me?! What the heck!" Mitch remembered.

"I guess I did." Mitch nodded and pulled her closer to him.

They slowly pulled away from each other's arms, staring into each other's eyes.

Without words, Mitch leaned in and touched her lips with his.

She kissed back, and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Needless to say, the couple stayed like that in the door way of his apartment, Kirstie holding his coffee, and Mitch holding her.

----------------------------------------------how was that? Probably terrible, I didn't get a chance to edit it and I'm trying to get chapters up as soon as possible.

Happy Valentine's Day, I hope someone out there is thinking of you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 561 39
Hello everyone it is I, Lauren. This is a new book that I have started because why not? I hope you all enjoy it! Bye! :)
234 17 7
Short book of moments in Maldonado-Grassi family that show the (shocker) unexpected reaction Started as one-shot in first half of 2022, then I republ...
30K 683 18
Just a bunch of freelanced Pentatonix stuff I'll be throwing into the void. Leave me some suggestions anywhere and I'll definitely attempt them!
22.7K 545 19
Avi's experience of Pentatonix and of falling in love.