East of the Sun-West of the M...

By -ELEJAH

After the Ball in TVD 3x14, Elena calls Elijah to tell him the truth about Esther's plan. This will change ev... More

How could she kill Elijah
Shadows fight to seize the dawn
Hold down Hell now
The evening is too magnificent
Set fire to the rain
He wanted her heart
Us
You
With the warmth of thousand Suns
Coming home
No regret
A day in the Sun
She is the Sun- He is the Moon
The Sun and the Moon Conjuction

Sunrise and Moonset

585 17 18
By -ELEJAH

A few weeks later, Venice, Italy

Zusta welcomed Elena warmly as she entered the Palazzo.

"Welcome back, Kontessa."

Elena smiled a little and responded pleasantly, "Good to see you too, Zusta."

"I have already prepared all." the housekeeper continued as they walked up the stairs to the Salon.

"Thank you." Elena said warmly as both of them walked in the vast exquisite room.

Elena stood still for a second. The memories of her walking into this Palazzo and in particular this room came shooting in, making her heart shake. When she first arrived, she felt like she then was a girl from a small town, having dreamt of the big wide world, crazy adventures. How drastically all changed in such a short amount of time. She was not just Elijah's guest anymore. She was a Mikaelson, by marriage, the ritual that made her into a creature that now was magical, strong, vampire-like, and yet she was not one.

"Would you like to have your supper here, Kontessa?" Zusta asked, breaking Elena's thoughts.

The doppelganger now turned to the housekeeper. "Not just yet. I need to make some phone calls. I am sorry- can we talk later?!"

"Si, Kontessa." the housekeeper nodded a little.

"Please don't call me-" Elena paused as she knew that Zusta would still continue calling her Kontessa, no matter what she'd say, "I will come to the kitchen in a little while. Thank you."

The housekeeper nodded curling a little smile and then went about her business. As she closed the doors behind her, she took a long silent breath, then walked over to the windows overlooking the Grand Canal.

It felt good being back in the Palazzo. Strangely this place felt like home. She needed to feel grounded again.

'Adventure' she muttered. She now thought of Elijah and everything that occurred after their union was sealed. With a small sight she took her phone and pressed the speedial.

Not long after she heard a familiar voice answer, "How are you? How was your trip?"

"All right. Tell me- what's happened?"

"The wolves made a deal with Dragan. Klaus has become their leader." Lia replied.

"Elijah?" Elena asked, her stomach churning painfully at the thought of her husband.

"I don't know anything still." the witch replied."I will let you know as soon as I find out more."

"Right. Talk to you later." Elena inhaled deeply and hung up. Tears now welled up in her eyes, and she brushed them away, turning around with a resolve, the promise to Elijah that she will be brave.

Elena put the phone down on the side table. She looked around the room. "Elijah- I so miss you."

Her look dropping at the ring on her finger, flashing back to their first night together after the conjunction ritual.

Flashback

"The night is yours" Lia said as the conjunction ritual was done. Leaving them behind, the witch went her way. 

As they were still in Cluj, Elijah made arrangement with one of his confidantes to prepare the best house for Elena and him in the neighbouring village.

And so, they arrived to a beautiful house adorned with flowers, the most luxurious silks and most lavish dinner prepared for them. Elena looked around like she walked into a dream.

"This is-so beautiful!!" the doppelganger exclaimed  as she saw the place and then turned to the vampirem. "Thank you!"

"Elena, my dear, this is but a fraction of what I would give you!" he said looking at her with great affection.

Elena smiled sweetly and  taking a moment, wrapping her hands around his neck and kissed him and he responded in the same passionate manner, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I am not hungry," Elena whispered as they slightly pulled out of the kiss.

She turned around, moving her hair to the side. Elijah undid the zipper slowly down. She shivered slightly as he placed his fingers on her back.

Elijah pulled his wife softly to him, pressing his warm lips on her silky skin.

Her chest tightened. She still couldn't believe he was hers. All this was real.

Gripping her hips, he twirled her around to face him.

"You are so beautiful" he cupped her face, drawing her lips to his into a fervent kiss.

Lifting her feet from the floor, he carried her toward the bed.

Elena closed her eyes and quivered with anticipation.

Now, that night seemed so long ago. She sighed a little and gazed out into the night looking at the moon's flickering reflection in the water. She promised him that she would be strong. The deal was made. And she gave her word to her ancestors.

But one thing they were not told and that was the cruel truth of the power given to them, and that was - the moon and the sun would separate them. He would be a creature of the night and she the creature of the day.

🌟

"Hey- sorry- I said I'd call earlier."Elena said as her friend picked up the phone.

"Don't worry. Where are you now?" Bonnie asked.

"Venice. Italy. I arrived like a few hours ago. " Elena replied.

"How are you?" Bonnie slipped.

"I don't where to start. Can we talk about everything when you get here?"

"Sure. I need to go pack."

"Ok. Thanks."

"Elena, please -  none of this is your fault." Bonnie said.

"Why does it feel like it is." Elena walked over to the sofa.

"You never asked to be a doppelganger of some magical crazy world. If you want blame someone or something - I guess blame the universe." Bonnie said.

"I can now defend myself,  I should be able to defeat all seven wolf clans. Stand against Klaus. I have all this power and yet I feel so helpless." Elena rubbed her head.

"Everything just happened so quick. I think that you miss him, and that's what makes you feel that way. I don't know if this makes any sense, but that's what I think." Bonnie tried to find something to lift her friend up.

"I just want to know where he is. I just want to somehow get in touch with him." Elena said, her  eyes setting on the piano.

"There must be a way. I will find a way." Bonnie said.

The women talked a little while longer, before they finished, and Elena went to have her supper.

*
On the other side of the world

New Orleans, LA

"I cannot come in" Elijah said to the witch.

"Oh, yes. Come in." Sophie Deveraux said.

"Can you please finally tell me who I meeting here? I sincerely do not have any time to waste."

"And you think we do? All this would not be happening if you had stopped your brother in time." Sophie said, losing her tether.

Elijah inhaled sharply, keeping his cool. But just by the thread.

"It's fine, Sophie" Jane-Anne said. "We need to try and get things sorted now. Hayley is ready to talk to him."

"This is Hayley Marshall. Queen of the Crescent Wolves." Sophie introduced the werewolf to the Original vampire.

_to be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 862 26
Book 2. Elena and Katherine go to find Klaus and Stefan to get Elijah back, along the way, Elena becomes great friends with the Original Vampire Sis...
209K 6.1K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories ☺️ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...
39.5K 869 11
Elena dies after taking the Cure. But is she really dead? The witches have different plans for her. Basically, Elejah fight for their love and a cha...
12.6K 305 11
AU- Elejah! Set after tvd 4x18- it is AU though I am mashing up both tvd and to- Katherine gets a witch to hex Elena after she finds out Elijah a...