CONNERS TREASURE

By ericawoham

(Book #2 in Manhattan series ) (You don't have to read the first book to understand this one) ''A gent... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an update
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Contest
Chapter Twenty
Guidelines For The Contest
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Massive Opportunity For Budding Wattpad Users
Chapter Thirty Four
I am so sorry.
Chapter Thirty Five
I'm back!

Chapter Two.

26.2K 910 38
By ericawoham

For someone, whose heart has been broken once, it's hard for them to love again, to trust again. To think that someone  else would  take their pain away and would love them again, to them,  this idea seems absurd. A knight in shining Armour,  a princess who needs rescuing, a wicked villian , tragedy, romance, love, happy ending. Wasn't  it how fairy tales are supposed  to end? Well that's  what Erica and Sophia always thought. The two sisters, though opposite to each other, had some similar thoughts about a happy ending. Both of them got theirs, one had to fight the societies  accusations,  and the other, death.
But what happens when it's  hurt more to hold on, than to let go?

Even after a week of that encounter of Sophia with her husband and her daughters  babysitter,  she was living in the same house, fighting  every night, accusing  each other. But there was one reason she didn't  want to leave, yet. It was because of her daughter. She was five years old, almost six, and she loved her father dearly. How could she take away the love of a father from her.
It doesn't  mean Sophia was a weak women, staying with the same as*hole and forgiving  him for her daughter. No, she would never forgive him. She would avenge her revenge on him, these two are not going to walk around like nothing happened, they almost ruined her, she wouldn't  'ruin' them, but something  close enough.

Sophia sat up, rubbing her face with her hands. Last night was hell, like the past month. Richard cane home drunk, and started apologizing  to her. But when she shut the door on his face, he started accusing her, of how he accepted  her with everything  in the past and it was just a one time fun thing. Sophia had to do everything  she could to not go in the kitchen,  get the knife, and slice open the neck. His neck.

Still sitting in her bed, she took her phone from the table and looked at the time, it  showed 5:59. 'Hmm..well that's one minute early' she thought. She sat there on the bed, unlocked her phone, disabled her alarm and gkept the phone on the side. Sitting there, she thought about what she was supposed  to do now. It was almost as if she didn't  have any option.

She could get a divorce, yes, also Serenity's full custody, for she was one rich hard working women. But she knew what it was like being  away from a father. They were two sisters when their father felt them, didn't  want them, and had left them broke. Their mother did two jobs , but barely got enough money ti support their daily expenses.   Erica was hard working back then, got a scholarship  and got into a good college, whereas Sophia, she was well, everything a parent would wish her daughter to not to be. Biggest rebel, a troublesome  girl who knew what she wanted and she would get it. She did commit many mistakes, she was thrown  out of her school, she drank like her life dependent  on it she had an endless list of boyfriends from every nerd to every jerk, every cop in town knew her, her mother threw her out of the house a couple of times. She did  everything  she could to get away from the reality , even drugs, and the worst part is she doesn't regret a thing. 

Why should she? No one cared for her back then except her sister and her mother.  Erica supported her throughout, and just the thought if her losing  her made her heart ache.

All her teenage years, she wanted someone to take her away from her life. She was 2 years elder to Erica, so she had been closer their father. When he left them for another women, she had no one to look up to. Her mother was  a hero in every way, but she wasn't around for her. She took care of Erica when her mother was not there, she left her friends for them, she did everything to become a good big sister , but after a time, she failed.

Let's say, Sophia blamed it on her father. Everything  happened because  he left her alone, his family alone. She was a child, she needed guidance, she needed someone to tell her what was wrong, but no one ever did. So she did everything  wrong, yes it was her own choice, but no one stopped  her, a high spirited teenager. It was easier to blame it on  someone than to except the truth. Why do people say Erica made  better choices  than her sister?
It was because Sophia  never let her make the same ones she had, those being the wrong ones.

And now,  she was sitting here, alone at her home thinking about how messed up her whole world is.

Suddenly her phone beeped, making her look down at it. Seems like she had woken up before her alarm, turning it off she kept it on the side and moved out of her bed. folding the blanket, she patted the pillow a few times, then walked down the large staircase to her little angel's room.

She knocked on the door softly, even when it was half open. She desperately wanted to be the perfect mother, so the first step teaching her about privacy. She couldn't be like her mother who would just barge in the room, without thinking twice. See, Sophia had a different understanding about kids. She couldn't force her daughter to do things which she thought were right for her. So she would change the situation into something that would make her daughter see the right thing. She knows her place in her daughters life, and she was hell bent not to let it slip. ''Come in..'' A soft voice distracted her from her parental thoughts. Sophia smiled and entered her daughters room, closing the door behind her.  ''Hey bub'' She looked down at her daughter's hand to see her holding a pencil in her hands, ''I see you're already up and drawing.'' She smiled and moved closer to her daughter. Serenity gave her mother a goofy grin and nodded her head ''Yes, mommy!'' She turned back to her drawing book ''I'm drawing a scenery we saw when you, daddy and I went to Australia''  She turned her back to her mother and started working on it. Serenity wasn't bad at drawing, but her drawing was like any other 5 year old kid. Brown mountains, a small house, V shaped birds and a crooked round sun. ''Well let's not forget it's Saturday today so go hurry up get dressed'' She bend down ruffling Serenity's hair ''You're coming to office with me''  Serenity turned around beamed at her mother. She nodded and closed her drawing book and kept her color inside the coloring box. ''Okay mommy'' She ran into her washroom ans Sophia went over her wardrobe to get out her outfit for today. She choose a white dress that reached a little below her knees and a golden bag along with white bellies to go along with.. No doubt Serenity had something matching with every dress she owns. Serenity wanted to give her daughter everything she ever dreamed of.

Keeping the dress on her bed Sophia walked out of her room and towards her. She was running out of time so she would just grab something from McDonald for her daughter. Don't get her wrong, Serenity was always keen on having home made food, but once in a while burger won't hurt now. Sophia wanted her daughter to be sophisticated and wild at the same time.  Which was hard, not impossible.

___________________________________________________________________________

''Round again!'' Mike said making Serenity huff in anger and Sophia chuckle at her behavior. ''That's not fair! it's not fully round mommy!'' She whined looking up at her mother for support. Sophia shook her head and scooped Serenity in her arms ''Just try hard and it'll be perfect'' She cooed. Right now, Mike, Alice and Sophia were sitting in the Cafeteria and having their lunch.  Serenity was trying very very hard to draw a perfect round sun but was failing again and again. But she did not lose any hope, she would make it perfect and show it to her mother just to see the satisfied smile on her lips which she had whenever Serenity did something good. 

Suddenly the door opened, and a worried looking Josh entered. ''Okay! Listen here!'' He clapped his hand, gaining everyone's attention. ''The new CEO is on his way here! Quickly get you work done! He can ask anyone to show him any report. You don't want to get on his bad side! Quick get to work as soon as possible'' With that he walked out of the cafeteria with a few people following behind and leaving everyone shocked and worried.

''What is he doing here so early?'' Alice frowned sipping her coffee. Sophia shrugged ''I have no clue. He wasn't supposed to be here until next week'' Getting up she threw her coffee cup into the dustbin. Mike followed her movements and threw his cut in there too. ''So I guess I've got to go'' Sophia clapped her hands and Serenity looked up at her mother frustrated. ''Mommy! I can't make it!'' She whined. Sophia Mike and Alice chuckled .
''Come I'll take you to mommy's cabin. Sophia go get the files you were talking about.'' Alice started picking up Serenity' stuff and and Sophia nodded walking out of cafe with Mike behind.

Soon Sophia was seated in her place scrolling down her laptop trying to find out what went wrong in her summing up the assets. ''Mommy..'' Sophia looked up from her laptop to her daughter who no longer was working on her drawing book. ''Yes?'' She asked

''Where is daddy?''
Sophia froze, her eyes were glued on her daughter. She had been lying to her daughter all along, and that made her guilty every second. She didn't know for how long she could lie to her, but she wanted to keep her daughter safe from the horrid truth.
''I told you he's out on a business trip, and no, I don't know when he'll return'' With that Sophia returned to her work, trying hard not to let her daughter's innocent stare effect her, also she didn't catch the glint in her daughter's eyes, and it was her biggest mistake ever.

''But-'' Suddenly the door burst open revealing a panicked Mike Sophia couldn't be any happier! he saved her from Serenity's question ''He's here. He's asking for the last year's Balance sheet along with the profit information.'' Sophia nodded and got up. She wasn't the one to get scared, she was one to take every opportunity to prove herself.  Sophia got up and walked over to her shelf , picking up 5 files she walked towards the door, where Mike was standing . She turned around and looked at her Daughter ''I'll be at uncle Andy's cabin. I'll be back soon if you need anything go to Aunt Alice. Okay?'' Serenity nodded and both Mike and Sophia walked out. Andy was the previous CEO of this company and he loved children. So whenever Serenity was here she would spend her time with Andy, telling him stories from Cinderella to Snow-white. And being the darling he is, he would always listen and act as if it was the first time he had heard it. Sophia missed Andy, he was like a father figure to her. After his transfer to Europe, she wondered if he would ever come back to visit them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

''You sure you'll handle it? He's a rock.'' Mike was walking along with Sophia to the new CEO's cabin , ''He's seems like a real hard-ass'' Both of them chuckled and stopped once the reached the door of his cabin. ''I'll be just fine.Keep an eye on Serenity if you can.'' With that she knocked on the door and mike walked off. A deep voice from the other side replied ''Come in''

Serenity felt something in her body stir, that voice... No, she was just thinking to much.

She entered the cabin, but to her surprise the lights were off, except the little lamp on the main table, which gave just enough light to light up the glass table. The chair was turned towards the large window behind the table so the person who sat on the chair, his back was facing her.
Sophia cleared her throat, ''Sir, the files'' She held up the files but when she realized he could not see her, she felt stupid.

A sudden thunder roared throughout the city, making Sophia flinch. The weather outside was dark, almost scary. A storm was near, she could tell.

''So we finally meet'' A deep husky voice answered from behind the chair, making Sophia's whole world crash. No, she was hallucinating. He wasn't here. He wasn't here. He could not be here.

Sophia held the files tightly in her hands, if she let them even a bit lose, the would slip out of her sweaty hands. ''E-Excuse me?'' Her voice came out soft, which she instantly regretted. She wasn't supposed to act like a chicken! She turned around and kept the files on the shelf, her hands getting sweatier by every nano second.
 Suddenly the chair turned, along with the man. The lamp light  fell on his face, making it visible. Her heart stop beating for a second, she could feel her own heart beat ringing in her head. her stomach churned and a sudden feeling of nausea took over her.
''You..'' She choked out, her breath came out short.

''Pleased to meet you too'' He said in a monotone, but he seemed anything but pleased. He slowly got up from his chair and walked over to the large window, once again his back facing her ''I thought we were over such formal greeting Mr's Morin'' He chuckled, but no humor was there what so ever.

''What are you doing here?'' She spat. She didn't want to do anything with this man! And the worst part was he was here as her boss, and she couldn't do anything about it.

''Oh you know, just some personal work'' He replied. It wasn't what he said that made her nervous, it was how  he said it. And from that moment she knew, her life would never be the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 8.1K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
2.3M 82.7K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
20.3K 611 25
Suddenly, he pulled me towards him by my waist... A little yelp escapes from my mouth and i grab his suit or jacket whatever he is wearing... My hear...
1.9M 59.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...