The Emperor's Diamond (mxb) M...

By babyangelholic

Tang Dynasty Period Emperor Huizhong was a well-known ruler with a kind heart and wise personality. His s... More

Chapter 2. Birthday of An Angel
Chapter 3. Meet the Crown Prince
Chapter 4. The Life in The Palace.
Chapter 5. The Confrontation
AUTHOR NOTE - PLEASE READ

Chapter 1. Lady Xiulan

25.4K 455 70
By babyangelholic

Here is the very first chapter of The Emperor's Diamond. I hope you like it! Please vote, commend and add it to your library! Hehe.

Cute Jimmy Lin above as Xiulan!

"Guniang (Lady)...." A voice calling a young lady who was sitting so gracefully in her room.

Smiling warming, the young lady looked up at her maid, "What's up, Huidai?" she asked.

The maid smile back and give her a small box. "Here is my gift for you, Guniang... tomorrow is your birthday. So I buy this for you..." she sighed feeling nervous all of a sudden looking down at the ground in shame.

That young lady smiled sheeply opening the small box. "Woahh... it is beautiful Huidai... thanks for the gift. I am so sorry to have you spent your money just to buy this pendant for me..." she said while holding the butterfly pendant in her hands.

"Xiulan-Guniang... I already take care of you for ten years... you are a good lady, Guniang... I think that pendant will look great when you wear that..." Huidai answered gratefully feeling so blessed to be able to make her favorite lady happy with a small gift from her.

Xiulan smiled at that maid as she kept holding the pendant. She was happy with the gift she just got. "Thanks Huidai... I am so happy with this gift.... And thanks for taking care of me for this past 10 years..."

The maid nodded while smiling happily at her lady. "Guniang... I need to do my work now...Have a nice day Guniang... Excuse me..."

Xiulan nodded in reply with a smile on her beautiful face. She turned her attention to the pendant she was holding. "You are so beautiful... I will treasure you like Huidai treasures me..." she mumbled cutely.

Then she kept that pendant inside her wardrobe, Xiulan finally decided to go out from her camber, she was bored because she didn't have something to do there.

"Xiulan..." called out a handsome guy from behind. Xiulan glanced at that person and smiled widely after knowing who he was. "Changming-Xiankunzhong (Respectful Brother)..." She said cheerfully.

"Xiulan, where do you want to go?" Changming asked while smiling warmly.

"I want to meet Zungtang (Respectful mother), Xiankunzhong..." she answered sweetly.

Changming pat his sister's head gently. "Xiulan... you love Zungtang so much, don't you? Until you never spend your free time with your own brother..." he said acting sad like a drama queen he was.

"Hahahahaha... Xiankunzhong... I need to take care of Zungtang... I don't want to see her lonely because I am not by her side..." Xiulan laughed as she covered her mouth with her beautiful palm.

Changming just smiled sweetly to his little sister. He felt so proud of Xiulan. Even Xiulan is a daughter of a faithful minister, she had never been arrogant and acted like other lady did. She was always being Xiulan who had a kind heart.

"Xiulan... I am so happy to have you as my little sister." Changming admitted. He stroked Xiulan's hair slowly to show the young lady how much he felt grateful to have her as his beloved sister.

"Xiankunzhong... I am happy too..."

"Don't continue it Xiulan!" Changming cut her off. He held Xiulan's chin then stared at that beautiful doe eyes. "You are Zungong's daughter... you are Zungtang's daughter and you are my little sister. It is the reality... please don't ever you say something like that again. You hurt my feelings so much..." he continued sadly.

Xiulan gave her brother a warm smile. "I am so sorry Xiankunzhong... I wont say something like that anymore... Thank you Xiankunzhong.. thank you for loving me as your own sister..." she muttered as tears rolled onto her cheeks.

Changming immediately hug her tightly, "No one cant change the fact that you are the daughter of Minister Kuang... No one cant change the fact that you are the little sister of Kuang Changming..." he whispered firmly. 'Even though you are originally my little brother, Xiulan'

Xiulan nodded in Changming's embrace. She had never regretted her mother's choice to have her as a daughter. She was born weak to begin with, and as a minister's son, his brother had to become the general of the warriors in imperial palace. Thus, Xiulan knew she would not be able to do so.

"You should go to Zungtang now... I think she already misses her daughter so much..." Changming pulled her out.

Xiulan nodded again. "Xiankunzhong... I will leave now... have a nice day..." she gave a bow to her brother and left her brother slowly.

Changming sighed and stared at Xiulan's sight. He loved her little sister so much. He was willing to die for his little sister as long as his sister happy.

"Xiulan... even though you are not my real sister... but I cant change the fact that I love you like my own sister..."

***

Xiulan pov

I walked towards my mother's camber. Because father was on his duty now, so he couldn't go home till this weekend. And I knew Zungtang was so lonely now.

I walked into that Camber and saw my mother sit before the window. "Zungtang.." I called her.

She turned to see me and smiled sweetly at me. "Xiulan... here... come here..." She commanded me.

I nodded as I walked slowly towards her. "Zungtang... what are you doing now?" I asked her in curious tone. I saw her holding a beautiful Daxiushan (Chinese attire for high class women during Tang Dynasty). And I knew that thing was so expensive.

"You mean this?" she lifted that Daxiushan. I nod in reply, while looking at that Daxiushan dazzlingly.

"It is Zungtang's old Daxiushan. Zungtang wore it when Zungtang was teenager. It is beautiful, isn't it?" she giggled.

I nodded again. "Shi, Zungtang... it is beautiful... I really love the color of that Daxiushan. It is pink!" I answered, it was indeed a beautiful one, with the basic color was pink, and so many flowers as the pattern.

She chuckled and handed me that Daxiushan. "It is for you, Xiulan... Actually Zungtang want to give you this tomorrow. Since you are here and see this Daxiushan already. It is better to give you now. you like it, right?"

"Zungtang... this Daxiushan is expensive... I cant accept this Zungtang.. and I know this thing is so precious for you, right?" I replied it and handed it back to Zungtang.

She sighed and held my hand tightly. "Listen me Xiulan... Zungtang love you so much... this thing is not as precious as you are in Zungtang's heart. And Zungtang will love it if you accept this Daxiushan and wear it tomorrow in your birthday." She explained.

I felt so touch by that statement. My Zungtang really loved me. She always treated me nicely and care about me so much. I never want to disappoint her. Despite the fact that she treated me as her daughter.

"Shi... Zungtang, I will wear this Daxiushan tomorrow... Thank you Zungtang..." I sighed in defeat looking at her with a weak smile.

She smiled then hugged me warmly. "Xiulan... tomorrow, you are turning 17 years old. And soon you will leave this house and become a useful lady for many people..." she mumbled into my ears.

"Zungtang... what are you saying? I wont leave you... I will take care of Zungtang until the last breath of my life, Zungtang..." I started crying again, I couldn't hold my tears anymore. It poured down easily every times I was with Zungtang.

Zungtang pulled me out from her embrace. She smiled gently then put her palms on my cheeks. "Listen Xiulan... Zungtang cant let you be with Zungtang for that long..." she said.

"Why Zungtang? Why? Do you want to abandon me? Because I am a weak son that you have to treat me as a daughter." I cried hardly. These tears were such a meanie... it always fall like crazy every times I realized my Zungtang felt sad.

"No Xiulan... don't say something like that. Zungtang will never abandon you... it will never happen, my baby...You are my daughter, you have to remember that..."

She sighed and wiped my tears away. "However, Zungtang should let you go from your own goods. Zungtang should let you go so you can be someone who gets a lot of respects from other people, baby..." she spoke up.

"But Zungtang... I..."

"Please Xiulan... Zungtang want to see you happy. Zungtang want to see you fly for your own freedom without people insult you as a son with a weak physical condition. Only this all Zungtang can do for you... Only this... you are smart Xiulan... please use your brain for those who need you... help many commoners so that they can have chance to be a useful person for others... can you do that, Xiulan? can you ? At least, even though you are not born with strong body, you can help those people with your knowledge..." she said while her eyes never left my own eyes.

I could see how strong she held her tears so she wouldn't cry in front of me. I knew how much she didn't want me to leave her. I knew that Zungtang... but if it was the thing I could do to make you happy. I would do that... as long as I could be useful for you... and I could make you proud of me.

"Shi... Zungtang... shi... I will do that as long as you are happy with that... I will do that as long as you bless me to do that...." I answered weakly.

It hurt me so much to leave her. I didn't know what would happen if I lived by my own without Zungtang with me.

"I know you are worrying Zungtang, Lingai (Pretty Daughter / Dearest daughter)... however, you have to remember... as long as you do your best, Zungtang will be so happy..." she caressed my hands softly.

"Zungtang..."

I hugged her tightly as I cried like a baby in her embrace. Zungtang is a greatest mother I ever had. She never abandoned me, she never let people hurt me. she never ever left my side. But now, she asked me to leave her side for my future, it made me love her more... she was willing to sacrifice her happiness for me.

"Xiulan... you must remember, even though Zungtang is not with you, my wish always will be by your side... because you are my lovely daughter that God sent to me..."

She keep caressing my hairs tenderly, she give me her warms from her embraces and her touches. Dear God... I wish I can always be with her... but if this thing is the only thing I can pay back what she did for me for this long time, I will do it God... I will do it.

"I love you my daughter... I love you so much... I love you as Xiulan... I also love you as Xiu Ho... because both of you are parts of my life..." Zungtang uttered sadly.

"I feel like I am a bad mother, I force you to be a female since you are born, because I don't want you to get hurt if you become a warrior, your body is not suitable for it. You are often sick since you are born. How come I, as you mother do something that might harm you...?"

She pulled me into a tight embrace. I knew how it was hard for my mother. That's why, I would show my best to become the greatest lady in the world.

***

Daming Palace

"Minister Kuang... Would you like to accept our offer?" A middle-age man asked in his red dragon mianfu.

"Huangdi-bixia (Your Majesty Emperor)... but I think, it will be better if you choose another girl, Huangdi-bixia... you servant doesn't deserve to accept this offer, Huangdi-bixia..." answered the other middle-age man in his red minister hanfu.

"Don't say something like that Minister Kuang... you deserve it so much. you are our faithful minister. We will be so grateful if you can be a part of our family." A beautiful motherly figure lady who wore a stunning Daxiushan immediately blurted out.

"Huanghou-niangniang (Your Majesty Empress, Niangniang can be meant Goddess or Mother figure as Empress is like the nation mother)..." bow that old man to that Old lady.

"I heard that your daughter is so smart and so kind. She is also so beautiful and all sons of minister, and nobles want to marry her, right?" commented the old man as know as Huangdi (Emperor)

"Ne Huangdi-bixia... but, I think, my daughter is not capable enough to be one of Royal family, Huangdi-bixia..." he replied worriedly.

The Huanghou (Empress) smiled warmly at that minister. "You are wrong Minister Kuang. I already did some observations to know more about your daughter. And all people adore her so much... believe me Minister Kuang, your daughter is so capable to join our family..." the Empress argued as she smiled at the minister and her husband.

"Please think about it Minister Kuang... we only believe in you. Because you can protect the crown prince and make his throne success. All of your children are so smart. And your wife is so respectful and have a good intelligent." Persuaded the Emperor.

"Shi, Minister Kuang... we don't know where we can choose a good lady for our son. There are a lot of people want to ruin this Kingdom from outside and inside. And you are known as the greatest Minister with a good family. It will be such a blessing if we can make your family as one of Royal family." Added the empress hopefully.

The Minister looked more worried with this offer; he really wanted to reject this offer, but thinking about many evil people around this palace, it made him worried so much. He didn't want to see many commoners get hurt by those hungry government officers.

"Yes Huangdi-bixia, Huanghou-niangniang... I will think about it and ask my family about this offer..." he finally decided.

Both of Emperor and Empress smiled in happiness with that answer. They really wished Minister Kuang will accept this offer. it will be a great news for them if Minister Kuang accept this royal offer.

"Thanks so much, Minister Kuang. We really wish we can hear a good news from you..." The Emperor smiled warmly at his minister.

"Yeah... me too. I really wish your daughter want to be my daughter-in-law... it will be so grateful if I can have such a smart and beautiful daughter in law..." The Empress added happily.

Minister Kuang only can give them his fake smile. He doesn't know what to do now. He doesn't want to disappoint the Emperor and Empress nor to hurt his own daughter.

"I will try my best to make my daughter, Kuang Xiulan accept this offer and marry with your own son, Crown Prince, Huangdi-bixia, Huanghou-niangniang.... I promise...."

A/N So what do you think? Please comment!! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 584 15
I stood there, staring at the damn door like it was going to magically unlock itself. "Xiao Zhan, you sleeping or what?" I called out, hoping for a r...
130K 13K 86
The book shows a journey with hilarious yizhan moments. If you are oky with Webtoon/ Manga/ Manhua pattern or Series, Hit the READ Button to read. Th...
119K 4.5K 22
Wang Shu was a young boy who witnessed the traumatic death of his mother at the hands of a imperial guard, and he later grows up as a woman to concea...
621K 29K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...