In Ruins (Dramione FF)

By IWearSneakers

((GOING THROUGH A REWRITE - BE PREPARED FOR CONFUSING TIME SKIPS AND POV CHANGES)) The war is over and our h... More

Note to Readers
The Hogwarts Express
Head Prefects
The Arrival
Dumbledore's Portrait
Yasmin Deneuve
First Day
The Quidditch Trials
Professor Trelawney's Prediction
The Library
You're Safe With Me
Betrayal
The Slug Club Party
Truth and Lies
Like A Kid
Fixing The Wrongs
Fake Friends
Unveiling the Liars
Dumbledore's Plan
Christmas Break
The Battle Of Hogwarts
First Date
Responses
Hogsmeade
London
How could you do this?
The Trials
Beatings
The Portkey
The Return
Draco Malfoy
The Final Battle
The Wedding
Random Shiznick!!!!

Lonely

61.9K 1.4K 950
By IWearSneakers

I groaned loudly as I clutched my pounding head. What had happened last night? All I could remember was Draco and Goyle, arriving at the party and dancing with Seamus.

Slowly pushing myself up so that I was sat upright, I took in my surroundings. How had I gotten in the Gryffindor common room? I looked around the room and saw Arnold; Ginny's Pygmy Puff sat on one of the beds. So I was in Ginny's room but where was she?

I heard a squeal followed by laughter as the door crashed open and Ginny and Harry staggered into the room, Ginny clinging to Harry's arm as she tried to not fall over. She froze when she saw I was awake and then, like a cannonball, she landed on top of me.

"Hermione!" She shrieked. "Are you feeling okay? You had a lot to drink last night according to Seamus."

"What's the time?"

"It's just after lunch." I had missed all of my morning lessons! How was I going to pass my NEWTs if I keep missing classes?

"Have you seen Seamus? I have to thank him for last night." I told them as I climbed out of bed. I was still wearing my crumpled dress I noticed.

"You've already thanked him." Ginny giggled childishly. I didn't like the way she said that an even Harry looked like he wished he was anywhere but here. I nearly didn't ask.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You can't remember?" Ginny laughed again and I felt any hope sink lower.

"Remember what?"

"You kissed him!" Ginny squealed. My world fell around me. I had kissed Seamus! I hadn't even spoken properly to Seamus before tonight. Why had I kissed him? I liked Drake, maybe I still did but I wasn't so sure at the moment. If he hadn't done that to me then last night I could have been kissing a completely different person.

"I-I kissed him?" I stammered.

"Yup!" She grinned. "You should have seen the look on Malfoy's face!" I froze and stared at her in shock.

"D-Drake saw?" I stuttered and Ginny nodded enthusiastically. "He freaked out big time! Drew his wand and threatened to hurt you if you went anywhere near Seamus."

"He is going to murder me." I sighed hanging my head.

"Nope!" Ginny exclaimed popping the 'p' "And you can thank me for saving your sorry ass, Malfoy will not be bothering you for a while."

"Ginny what did you do?" I whispered.

"I hexed him." She cheered; too involved in her own happiness to notice how scared I was right now. She had hurt Drake, so much so that he wouldn't be able to bother me for a while. Did that mean she had seriously hurt him?

"What hex?" I asked casually.

"Bat-bogey hex." She smiled, "It worked perfectly as well."

"Ginny do you mind leaving us alone for a minute?" Harry requested before I could speak. She turned to look at him shocked and he continued quickly. "I just need to talk to her alone, I'm worried about her - she's my best friend apart from Ron." Harry added.

She eventually obliged and got to her feet, skipping out of the room. Harry turned to me and I trembled under his steady gaze.

"She didn't mean to hurt him as bad as she did." Harry started, "It was accident to tell you the truth. Her hex hit him square in the chest and he would have been ok, except he collided with the wall. They rushed him straight to the hospital wing."

"But Madam Pomfrey's fixed him up, hasn't she?"

"Of course." Harry glanced around and I picked up on his nervousness straight away, he was my best friend after all.

"What are you not telling me?" I inquired and Harry sighed running his fingers through his messy black hair. He looked at me uncertainly.

"Madam Pomfrey has done everything she can do for him but there are some things that cannot be resolved by magic - you should know that." I nodded and Harry continued solemnly. "You see when he hit the wall; he took quite a hit to the head."

I gasped.

Harry glared at me. "And then he fell from the roof to the floor, no one could save him and, if any of us had known how to, we were all too drunk to do anything."

"What's happened to him?"

"He's in a coma and he won't wake up. She's tried everything." Harry stated trying to make me feel better but it wasn't working; as soon as I heard the word coma I knew things weren't good. A coma was one of the few things magic couldn't fix (along with death and cancer). A person would have to wake up naturally or they wouldn't.

"I have to go see him." I told Harry and he looked at me in confusion.

"Even after everything he did to you?"

It was strange. I couldn't be angry with him no matter how hard I tried, I knew he had tried to trick me but all those times he had kissed me so passionately - they couldn't be a trick. There had been so much feeling locked in both of those kisses and I knew that he had felt it, no matter how hard he tried to deny it.

"I have to Harry." I said softly, "I can't just let him go."

"Do you live him Hermione?" Harry asked. His question came completely out of the blue, shocking me even as it took me a moment to think about the answer but as soon as I had I knew it was the right one.

"I think I do Harry." I replied and he smiled at me reassuringly before pulling me into a hug. "But it doesn't matter does it? He's trapped in a coma."

"You know, I heard a rumour that if a person in a coma is brought alongside someone they love a lot the love can break through the coma." Harry said looking at me. Our eyes met briefly.

"Do you think it would work?" I asked.

"It works in the fairytales." Harry grinned happily and I slammed him in the chest with a pillow as I yelled at him in anger.

"Not funny Potter! I thought you were going to give me a decent piece of advice!" I grimaced angrily and Harry leaned forwards his lips by my ear.

"If it worked for Prince Charming, why shouldn't it work for you?" He asked.

"Didn't he kiss her In Sleeping beauty to bring her out of a deep sleep?" I put emphasis on the last two words and he just smiled at me.

"It's worth a try." He promoted and I hugged him before getting to my feet.

"I've got a Malfoy to revive." I grinned and Harry just smiled after me as I raced out of the room. Bounding down the staircase, I left the Gryffindor common room and flew down the corridor towards the Hospital Wing. Thankfully it was halfway through the first lesson so there were no teachers around to scold me for running in the corridors.

I stopped outside the Hospital Wing and took a deep breath before pushing it open. The first thing I noticed was that Drake wasn't the only person in the room. Two more beds were occupied from disasters o the night before. Pansy Parkinson sat in one, sporting a bloody nose and, to my surprise, Luna sat in the other with Neville by her side.

"What happened?" I asked drifting over to them and attempting to stop my eyes from falling on Draco's limp body laid only three beds away. He was lonely, with no one stood over his motionless body - everyone had lost hope it seemed.

"She got in a fight with Pansy." Neville informed me.

"She was insulting you!" Luna exclaimed, "I wasn't just going to let that half-brained dim-wit offend our Head Girl."

"Thank you Luna." I muttered resting a hand on her knee. "If you'll excuse me..." She followed my gaze and saw what my intention was.

"Did you know nargles are proved to be the known cause for comas? I'm sure daddy could make you a repellent and he would be up within minutes. Daddy's good at that."

"Thank you Luna." I said simply not bothering to correct her.

"You're welcome." She replied but I was already walking away. I rounded the end of the next be and started to walk down the room. With every step closer I notice another thing about him that scared me: His black rimmed eyes, the scratches that lined his face, his relaxed hands and how emotionless his face looked. He looked dead. As soon as the thought crossed my mind I pushed it to the back; he wasn't dead, just in a coma.

I stood at the end of the bed, looking down at his pale body lying before me. A bandage was wrapped all the way up his left arm covering his Dark Mark. I moved closer to him and took a seat at his bed-side, suddenly reminded of how just a few days ago I had been sat here waiting for him to wake up. I had known then that he would, but now? He could stay in a coma forever...

"Drake." I whispered. I reached out and pulled his hand into mine, clutching it softly. I read somewhere that people in a coma can still hear everything said and it might persuade them to awake if they heard something that comforted them greatly.

I chose my words carefully as I leaned over him and I quickly found myself pouring out everything I felt inside. At least I was whispering.

"Drake, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed Seamus and I know you saw and I shouldn't have put you through that. If I could undo it, I swear I would. Drake, you're the only person that can make me feel like this. I feel so completely hopeless when you're not around me and, even though I've only known you, the real you, since the start of term I would like us to last forever.

"What I'm really saying is that I'd love a second chance. I'd love you just to be awake right now so that this isn't entirely one-sided." I let out a nervous giggle but there was no response. "I'm really worried about you Drake and I don't care that you were using me, it hurt a bit at first but all those times you were apologising it wasn't about the kiss it was about that. You tried to warn me and I ignored you and I'm sorry for that too. I understand that they would have killed you if you didn't do as they said and, for that, in glad you did what you did because not having you would be much worse than this.

I began to cry as I continues, the tears streaking down my face in arcs as I was leant over him at an angle. "I don't know what it is about you, but you make me feel more special than every other girl and that's what we should focus on. I don't mind how long I have to wait for you Drake but I swear I will, no matter how long it takes for you to wake up - I'll wait for you." I promised as I ran a finger across his cheek. "Drake... I love you." I brushed my lips against his and froze, waiting for the fairytale moment, but nothing happened. I was stupid to think anything would. Getting to my feet, I brushed away the tears as I left the room. Everyone watched me go, everyone but him.

The weeks flew past with no response from whatever Madam Pomfrey had tried to do. Eventually, she had given up and sent him to St. Mungo's Hospital. I felt even lonelier now that he was gone. I was caught admits the couples as winter drew nearer and they all huddled together. Constantly the third wheel, I began to spend even more time alone trying to figure out the prophecy. It was all to no prevail as we entered late November and I was no closer than when we had first heard it.

I knew that it had to be getting quite close. Although Professor Trelawney had not given us a time warning I knew it couldn't be long until the Death Eaters had everything they needed to resurrect the Dark Lord. I had tried everything I could think of, from spells to enchantments and the widest variety of plants that I hadn't even known existed; but there was still nothing. No hint to how they had figured out how to bring back their once great leader.

Getting to my feet, I slid the pile of books back onto the shelves before sliding the cloak back over my head and leaving the library. I had been here more often than ever before in these last few months. Every lunch and afternoon after lessons I was here. After performing my Head Prefect duties I was sat in the library researching. This was my lifeline, the only thing I could think of to save Draco. If the Dark Lord couldn't come back, then the Death Eaters would give up and leave Draco alone. Then maybe he would be relaxed enough to leave his coma. It was my last hope.

Padding down the corridor, I pulled my cloak further around my body as a chilly wind whistles down the corridor towards me. Brushing my hair from my face, I continued along the corridor, watching out for the fake door that lead up to my common room.

Just before I reached it, warm arms wrapped around me stopping me from moving.

"Let me go Harry." I moaned indignantly and he took a step back. "How did you know I was here?"

"The marauders map." He waves it in front of me and I reach out to snatch it from him but he pulls back quickly.

"What do you want with me at this hour?" I demanded folding my arms.

He reached up and pulled the cloak off me and just looked at me with sad eyes.

"This hour? I would do it any other hour but we never get to see you. We're worried about you Hermione, you don't eat, and you don't sleep. You're pouring all your time and effort into this prophecy that even your school work is dropping in standards." Harry explained. "I don't know why you've gotten it into your head that you have to do this alone, but you don't. We're all here to help."

"You don't understand Harry." I whispered.

"Then help me understand." He begged.

"Don't you see? It's better this way? You get Ginny and I get to work towards saving Draco while you spend the time with the one you love before it's too late."

"I knew this was about Draco!" Harry exclaimed. "Wait... What do you mean before it's too late?"

"You're the hero Harry and all heroes have a weakness. Voldemort and his Death Eaters know your weakness and I know that they'll use it against you." I said emotionlessly.

"What's my weakness?"

"It's the same weakness that got Sirius killed." Pain flashed across Harry's face and I felt guilty for stirring up long-forgotten memories. Then he realised what I meant and his face crashed. "It's your loyalty that's your weakness, your loyalty and your love to your friends and, most importantly, to your girlfriend." I summarised.

"They're going to come after her aren't they? They're going to use her to get to me like they did Sirius?" Harry inquired hoarsely although I knew he already knew the answer to his question. "What should I do Hermione?"

"I don't know." I replied quietly. We stood in silence and I eventually took a step forwards me and he welcomed me into the hug he had been waiting to give. "Is he going to be okay, is Drake going to wake up?" I asked, desperate for some sort of reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

"Hermione, whatever can be done is being done and I assure you that all you have to do is wait. He's lucky to get you Hermione and he knows it." Hardy promised and I smiled into his shoulder.

"Thank you Harry." We stood like that for a further 10minutes, just comforting each other and the Harry pulled away.

"Let's get back to the common room's" He suggested and then we continued walking down the passage until we reached the entrance to my common room. I was about to go inside when Harry called me back. "You really love him don't you?" It took me a moment to think of my answer and that moment was all I needed to come up with the right one.

I nodded slowly. "I think I do Harry, it feels like I do."

"Good, because I'm sure he loves you too." Harry said before walking away. I stared after him, shocked. Not because he had said exactly what I wanted to hear but because he had said something civil about Drake and I had never thought I would see the day when that happened. I mean Draco and Harry have been enemies since the beginning! Maybe my relationship with Drake (if I can call it that) would benefit more people than just me and him.

"Do you really think so Harry?" I called after him. I didn't get a reply. Sighing, I closed the common room door and crossed the room to my bedroom. Just before I opened my door, I turned and walked across to the other door. Slipping inside, I picked up a discarded t-shirt of the floor and clutched it to my chest. It smelt of him. Stripping out of my school robes, I crawled over to his bed and slipped under the covers. I felt so safe here, engulfed in his scent and, if I thought hard enough, it was almost as If he was here with me.

After waking the next morning, I dragged myself out of his warm bed and went down to breakfast in the Great Hall.  After 10 minutes of 'eating', I made my way to my first lesson – Charms. I sunk into my usual state in lessons. I rarely concentrated anymore, so focused on what everyone else wasn't. We had to figure out this prophecy, yet I was the only one trying. After Charms and Defence Against the Dark Lord we had lunch and I nipped up to my common room to grab some more books. On my way back down I heard a banging noise coming from one of the empty classrooms. Being a Head Prefect I had to go check, didn't I?

Creeping up to the door, I pushed it open and peeked inside. At the far end of the room, I saw a girl with billowy blonde hair kissing a taller guy. She turned towards me and her green eyes sparked as they met mine. The man looked frightened as his face was revealed and I let out a squeak as I realised who it was. Spinning on my heel, I bounded from the room and down the staircase as quick as my feet would carry me.

There was no way that had happened. No way that they would do that to their lovers.  It was so wrong on so many levels! Neville and Yasmin, I had never seen it happening; I never expected them to even talk, let alone get past first base!

Taking my seat at the Gryffindor table, I sat as far away from Ron, Harry and Ginny as I could but, unfortunately, they decided that they weren't letting me get away with that. They all took their seats around me and began chatting as if nothing had happened. Picking up a napkin, I pulled my quill out of my pocket and began to draw something that was nagging at the back of my mind. I couldn't remember what it was that was so important but I knew it was.

I heard someone walking towards us and looked up to see Yasmin, tottering in her small black heels. I grimaced as she dropped a kiss onto Ron's lifts and looked away as her eyes locked with mine, almost daring me to tell them what I had seen. I dropped my eyes back down to the table and picked up my quill again. I had to figure this out.

A circle developed on my page and then another smaller one in front of it. If I turned it, it looked like a child's drawing of a snowman. What was Voldemort doing with Snowmen? I spun it the other way round and still couldn't figure out a reasonable solution for it.

Suddenly Ginny started to choke and I looked up to see her staring at me shocked. Then I noticed she wasn't staring at me, but past me. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned, meeting his blue eyes and the smile etched upon his face. His blond hair was a mess of curls and I couldn't prevent the smile reaching my face as he pulled me up into a hug and lifted me into the air, clinging to me.

"I'm so sorry." He exclaimed as he placed me back down on the ground. Despite the fact that everyone was staring and that I had one million problems on my mind, I reached up and kissed him. 'Aww's arose from some of the girls on the surrounding tables but mostly everyone was shocked. It didn't surprise me, he was Draco Malfoy, well-known mudblood hater, and here he was kissing one. But I didn't care. I had never felt happier. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 386 24
(Temporarily Discontinued) Hermione Granger had enough. When she dies saving the wizarding world in The Battle Of Hogwarts, she wants a second chance...
364 79 11
[Draco Malfoy x female MC] **PREVIOUSLY TITLED LOVE IS MAE** It's been eleven years since the Battle of Hogwarts, eleven years since Mae Pond last se...
16.5K 318 4
Ron leaves after the war to avoid the girl who broke his heart. He is gone for over 6 years, ignoring all communication from his family and friends...
6.6K 116 15
AU- Voldemort wins the war, Marriage Law. Hermione thought that losing The War was one of the worst things that could happen, her mind changed after...