Her Professor's Obsession...

By Nenerh1

Serene Quinones had just graduated from High School and was starting her Freshman year at the University of N... More

Chapter 1: The ABC'S of Psychology...Serene Quinones
Chapter 2: The Recurring Nightmare...
Chapter 3: Colin...the Douche Bag...
Chapter 4: Dr. Stephen Queen...
Chapter 5: Today's Not A Good Day...
Chapter 6: Not a Good Morning...
Chapter 7: The ride with Dr. Queen...

Chapter 8:Ride...

3K 109 29
By Nenerh1

  *Julian (used to be Ethan in beginning) played by Arthur Kulkov in Media Picture above*

Having the frightening car ride with Dr. Queen had me shaken the rest of the day. I was hardly able to concentrate throughout my classes and to top it all off, I had to see Colin in one of them.

The last class of the day I rushed to get out of there. I didn't want to take the chance in bumping into Dr. Queen or running into Colin since in our class together I rushed out of there also.

Speed walking down the sidewalk, I hear my name being called out from behind. "Serene! Hold on!"

Slowing my pace I turn around to see Allie jogging up to me with a smile on her face.

"Serene. My goodness you walk fast. I've been trying to catch up with you for a while." her breathing was hard.

"Sorry Allie. I'm trying to get to work." telling her half the truth. I still had an hour until I started work... I just didn't want her pain in the ass boyfriend ramming into me like he has.

"Oh, okay. Well I'll make it quick then. Our Sorority is having a party on Saturday and I wanted to invite you. I won't take no for an answer." smiling widely.

"Umm... I guess I have no choice then?" shrugging.

"No. Like I said, I will not take a no for an answer."

"Okay, just text me the details and I-" I began to say but we were interrupted by... guess who?

"There you are." Colin walked up to Allie putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeap, here I am." going on her tip toes to kiss him on the lips. Eww.

Turning his head towards me, the ass smirked at me. "Hello Serene. Any flying balls hit you today?"

Glaring at him he chuckled. "Leave her alone Colin." Allie hit him on his stomach playfully.

"What? I was just curious. Maybe I could talk to him and tell him to stop." he shrugged as he winked at me. Ugh.

"No thanks. I'm sure he will get sick of me and move on to the next female."

"Maybe." I heard him say lowly.

"Anyways Allie. I have to get going so I'm not late for work. Text me later." giving her a side hug so I could leave her and her ass of a boyfriend.

"Wait..." she called out again. "Maybe Colin can give you a ride. Could you baby?"

Narrowing my eyes at her I shook my head no. "It's alright. I'm sure you guys are busy. It's not that far of a ..."

"I don't mind. I'm done with classes today and I do want to get something to eat." nonchalantly saying but I know he was loving the fact that he will be able to annoy me a bit longer.

"Will you be going?" I rushed the question. There was no way I wanted him to take me unless she was going with us.

"I wish I could but I have another class to get too. Colin will gladly take you and we'll talk later." smiling again. God she is so nice.

"Umm... sure." mumbling and I knew I will regret it.

"Good." turning to Colin Allie hugged him and kissed him again. "See you guys later. Have a nice day at work Serene." waving at us as she walked away.

"Thanks, see ya." responding back.

"Come on, my car is this way." hearing Colin say.

Not moving I shake my head no again. "No thanks. I can walk." then turned on my heels to leave. 

"Serene stop." he said stepping in front of me. "Stop being difficult and let me take you to work. Allie will be mad if I didn't."

"Not my problem. She volunteered you and I am sure you have other things to do." turning on my heels again but he grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"You really like being difficult huh?"

"... and you really like being an ass... huh?"

Staring at each other for a few seconds, he began to chuckle. "Yo, just let me take you to work. I promise I'll behave... and not ram you with any balls..." winking again.

Grunting I began to walk. "Fine!" but heard him say behind me. "... at least footballs."

Ugh, freaking perv.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Surprisingly Colin behaved himself on the way to the cafe. The ride was a bit quiet which was another surprise to me since he had been embarrassing me from the minute he knocked me over the other day.

Coming in right behind me, I turned around to thank him. "Thanks for the ride... and for-"

"... for not annoying you?" chuckling.

"Yeah, that too." chuckling back.

"You know Serene. I do know how to behave myself. You're Allie's friend so that means you are my friend also." shrugging a shoulder.

"I guess." drawing my response. "Anyways, I gotta go clock in. Do you want something to eat?"

"Yeah, I can eat." smiling down following me towards the counter where I see Julian ringing a customer.

Once done, Julian looked up and smiled at me. The smiled slowly faded when he saw Colin next to me. "Hi Serene." glancing at him then back at me.

"Hey Julian. How are you?"

"Busy, are you clocking in?"

"Yes, but before I do... this is Colin." nodding my head at him. "Colin, this is my really good friend Julian." introducing them both.

Nodding his head at Julian, Colin said hello.

"Colin... as in Colin Kaepernick? The quarterback for UNR?" Julian asked curiously.

"Yes I am." simply saying back.

"Hmm... Anyways, Serene. We still on for later? Dinner and a movie?" Julian asked. 

"Yeap. Right after I get off." after what happened this morning with Dr. Queen, I needed a nice time with a good friend.

"Can't wait." glancing at Colin with a smirk. "Is there something you want to get?"

Looking up at Colin who was staring at Julian I saw a small shake of his head and a low chuckle. "Yeah, give me a turkey Swiss sandwich on wheat with everything a large lemonade and a cinnamon roll."

Repeating the order back, Julian gave him the total but I pulled out my money. It was only fair to pay his meal since he gave me a ride to work. "Let me pay." giving Julian the twenty dollar bill which he frowned at.

"Serene, you don't have to pay." Colin protested but I just put my hand up to stop him.

"Shh, it's the least I could do for you bringing me and for being forced too by Allie."

"She didn't have to force me. I didn't mind. Whenever you need a ride, you can ask."

"We'll see..." turning back to Julian who wasn't his happy self as usual.

Giving me back my change, I excused myself so I could clock in and put my apron on to start my shift which started in ten minutes.

Colin had been sitting down eating his food when I came out after and was joined by some other guys that he knew. Before he left he thanked me for lunch then left. Guess he wasn't a total jackass like I thought.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Thanks again for dinner and the movie Julian. Tonight was great." reaching my door with Julian after he insisted walking me.

"Anytime sweetheart. You know I love hanging out with you." stopping in front of me.

"I like hanging out with you also." 

The silence between us became weird so I decided to say goodnight but before I could, Julian leaned in and kissed me... on the lips.

I took a step back from the kiss. Julian clearing his throat right after. "I'm sorry Serene... I-" he started.

"Julian. You... you took me by surprise that's all." 

"I didn't mean too... actually, I've been wanting to kiss you since the first night we went out but I knew it was inappropriate." taking my hand in his. "I like you Serene. A lot and I am hoping that you like me too."

My eyes narrowed at him and his admission. "Julian. I like you also... but."

"... but not like anything else besides a friend. Right?" his voice lowered.

My silence must of clicked in his head because he took a step back. "I get it. I'm sorry again Serene. I'll see you later." then turned on his heel leaving me in front of my door with my mouth agape.

Laying down in bed thirty minutes after Julian left, I couldn't help but stare at the ceiling. All I could do was think about Julian and the kiss... and also how he left feeling rejected. 

I really can't say why I kept quiet. Julian is a really great guy. Any girl would be blessed to have him as a boyfriend. But the truth is that I don't know if I am ready to be in a relationship after being with my ex. I know that I broke up with him a few months back, but I want to focus on school and not worry about keeping someone else happy.

Grabbing my phone which was next to me, I texted Julian but I had a feeling he wouldn't response. But I had to at least say sorry... I just hope that he accepts it.

"So f***ing beautiful. Even when you sleep you look like an Angel."

"You smell divine... and you even taste it."

"I can't wait until I make you mine... only mine..."

Stirring in my sleep I could hear the voice in a distance... the same voice that has been in my dreams for the past few months... and the same voice that has been claiming me without knowing why.

02/25/2017:

Hello my readers. I know I know... it's been over a year since I have updated but I finally did. Though I started this Chapter a few weeks ago I finally was able to finish it and just to let you know it was hard because I stopped liking Colin K. and it may be hard to update though I will... anyways, hope you like it regardless.

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting... have a great weekend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 5.5K 11
High school, some people love it, some people hate it. Levi is someone who hates it. She has pretty excellent grades, a good amount a friends but sh...
3.4K 311 32
Bailey Pierce has always been the nerd. She has always been the outcast, never asked out to anything or even had a boyfriend. Well, Bailey doesn't mi...
648K 12.6K 46
- F I U F A M I L Y S E R I E S - Book 1 - can be read as stand alone What do you get when you mix two pressured college students, NFL drafts, love c...
4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...