A Kind Of Bravery: A Mulan Re...

By Pennywithaney

Harriet has always been the type of girl who would rather ride horses than stitch embroidery, practice her sw... More

Prologue: The Reluctant King
1. Avoiding the Queen
2. The Ball
3. The Messenger
4. A Plan
5. The Beginning of the Adventure
6. In Good Company
7. The Proper Army Welcome
8. Friends and Foes
9. Arrows and Arguments
10. Harriet and Garreth
11: The First Mission
12. Moving Camp
13. Conversations
14. Off to Battle
15. Dangers and Dragons
16. Tricks and Talks
17. Following Orders
18. The Spymaster
19: Honored
20. The Ball
21. Eleven Months Later
Showers of Cows

Author's Note: 8/12/18

23.9K 524 36
By Pennywithaney

Welcome to the first draft of A Kind of Bravery!

Now, before you get reading, please keep in mind that much of this story was written over three years ago. There are errors and plot inconsistencies and little things I once hoped to change in future drafts of the story. Unfortunately, as time has gone on, I have lacked time and ability to actually edit and rewrite like I'd planned, and in many ways the series itself has been left to the wayside. That's not to say I don't often think of continuing it, but thinking isn't exactly the same thing as actually doing it.

However, knowing all of that, feel free to read A Kind of Bravery. When I wrote it, it was as a stand-alone sister novel to Glass Slippers, and when I completed it, it became the second story I'd ever written in its entirety. Despite its flaws and inconsistencies and awkward moments, I'm still proud to have finished it, even if the end product isn't perfect.

Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 12.1K 39
edit 3/9/23 I wrote this when I was 12 so please disregard the age-old "I'm not like other girls" trope and anything else ok thanks 🤓🤓 "They say th...
13.8K 1.8K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...
28.2K 2.3K 110
A place where all the races are against one another, Humans decide to make an alliance with the Dragons. The condition: their princess should marry t...
2.3K 224 8
The only things left in the carriage were a pocket watch, an empty leather bag, and three drops of blood by the window. After three years working wit...