My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind

35.8K 1.5K 665
By Star-Fly18

(Quinn POV)

When I woke up I was groggy and disorientated. The light was shining through the cracks in the blinds and I was in a soft warm bed. After opening my eyes I noticed that it was Devon's soft warm bed, but there was no Devon. I bolted upright and got dizzy from the quick action and flopped back down with my eyes closed, waiting for the dizziness to die down.

"You shouldn't move so fast," a soft voice said in my head. I froze and my eyes snapped open again. I have never heard this voice before but it sounded pleasant.

"Who are you?" I asked still a little scared, I was still weary about people being in my head.

"I'm Finn, your wolf," the smooth voice told me.

"And I'm Stan, your golem," another rougher voice chimed in before I could talk.

*****Quinn talking, Stan talking, and Finn talking*****

I was still frozen and was starting to panic a little, "Why are you in my head?" I asked with a slight shake in my voice.

"We are a part of you, we are your other half or in our case, you other thirds," the gruffer voice, Stan, told me.

"We are here to help you," Finn told me.

Finn had a lot softer and smoother voice and he sounded like the more level headed of the two while Stan was more gruff and rash and he seemed like the type of person to lash out quickly.

"Where is Devon?" I asked as I looked around the room for him again.

"Our mate? He just left a while ago. You have been out for a whole day and he only just left," Stan informed.

"Let me tell ya, the moon goddess gave us one fine looking mate," Finn piped in and I could just see him licking his lips seductively.

"I don't think Mother Nature could have done better for us," Stan agreed.

"Why Mother Nature for Stan and Moon Goddess for Finn?" I asked catching on to the names.

"I'm a wolf, so I was created by the moon goddess, and Stan in a Golem, made of stone, and Golem were created by Mother Nature. Makes sense once you realize that they are almost one hundred percent stone," he explained.

"Hey, at lease I came form the earth and not the fucking moon," Stan sassed back.

"For the last time, I'm not from the moon. I'm crated from the light of the moon, like all werewolves. I'm not some alien, and technically you are part moonlight too because we are fused," He explained in an exasperated tone.

"Then you are part earth too. You're not just made of your precious moonlight. You have mud in you too!" Stan said with a snarl, and I could tell he was trying to push Finn's buttons.

"And I have accepted the fact that I'm different, something that you see to not be able to accept! You stone head!"

"Fairy!"

"Mud pile!"

"Flea bag!"

"Pebble!"

"Un pure, no toothed, un loved, de clawed, self absorbed ass hole!"

"Stone brained, blind, endangered, arrogant, hothead, and a sorry excuse of a stone!"

They were shooting insults back and forward at each other and were getting louder and louder with each insult, and they were starting to give me a head ache. I tied to wait for the fight to blow over and to let them run out of insults but after ten minutes I knew it was useless.

"Guys, stop," I pleaded with my hands over my ears but that was no help when the yelling was inside of my head.

"Mate less!"

"Useless!"

"Broken!"

"Weak!"

The insults they were now saying seemed to be more directed at me more then each other and I tired harder to block them out. I knew that they knew just what to say to hurt me and they were doing a really good job at it.

"Stop, stop, please," I begged hopelessly. When they didn't stop and the insults were getting worse I felt my eyes close and it felt like I was sliding down and steep slide. The shouting stopped and it turned in to desperate cry's that I couldn't make out. Then everything went black.

(Finn's POV)

That damn Golem! Why does he have to be so, so, infuriating! We were having our worst fight yet and were mercilessly throwing insults at each other that we knew would hit home.

As we yelled I suddenly felt Quinn's consciousness slipping away and I halted my string of insults. Stan ceased too and I knew he could feel it.

"Quinn!" I yelled desperately. His conscious was floating away, I could feel it, and that was the most dangerous thing for returns to ancestry.

Because return to ancestry's have three minds instead of one or two that means the mind in bigger. Not physically but in a way that science cannot explain. It makes it possible for three beings to inhabit one mind but it also poses a danger. Because the mind is so big there is a danger of your mind slipping away and once it does that it is very hard to get it back, and with Returns to ancestry if they lose one mind then soon all of the consciousness's will die. The biggest threat to the Return to ancestries is their own minds.

"Quinn! Snap out it!" Stan pleaded frantically. He too knew the dangers of a lost mind, "We have to do something! What do we do Finn?!?" he asked, not starting to get desperate.

I searched my mind frantically for what to do. "Devon," I whispered, "We need Devon! Before it's too late!" I quickly took control of Quinn's body and awkwardly tried to make my way over to the door. "How the hell do you walk on two legs?!?" I asked while stumbling to the door.

"Let me take control!" Stan yelled.

I relinquished control and Stan tool over. He ran over to the door and nearly tore it off of his hinges and frantically started to search for Devon. I caught his scent and started shouting directions to Stan. We soon came to a set of stair and took them down three at a time and managing to only fall on the last few steps.

Stan pushed himself up and looked around the room at the stunned faces of the people in the room. I recognize them as the people that were there when we first shifted and I we still didn't know if they were a threat or not. Stan scanned the room quickly and grunted in frustration when he didn't see Devon.

"Where is Devon?" he asked hurriedly. The people looked even more surprised then Stan spoke, because they were expecting Quinn's soft and timid voice, not Stan's rough and demanding voice. If this were another situation I would be laughing, but our life was on the line.

Finally one person pointed to a door and Stan sprinted towards it and managed to knock that one down fully. We ended up in the back yard and spotted Devon walking out of the forest at a slow pace. When he saw us he smiled but that quickly went away when he saw our panicked state and he quickly rushed over.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he looked us over and grabbed my fore arms.

"It's Quinn! Something has happened and you need to call him, no time to explain!" Stan explained rushed and with a wild look.

"Quinn? What is wrong with Quinn? And why are you in control?" Devon asked now getting frantic himself.

I was a little hurt by the comment of him asking me why I was in control but I ignored it when I felt Quinn slipping further away. "JUST CALL HIM DAMN IT!!!"

Devon looked hesitant, then determined as he looked into my eyes, "Quinn!" he called firmly but lovingly, "You need to come back, you are really freaking your golem and me out. You hear me? You need to come back."

I could feel Quinn's mind now back with Finns and gave a sigh of relief. I could faintly hear Finn explaining something to Quinn and after a moment I handed control back over to Quinn.

(Quinn POV)

This day was just getting weirder and weirder. First I found out that I had a wolf and a golem inside of my head, then I felt like I was floating off and now I'm in a dark place with Finns mind beside me and I was looking at Devon through someone else's eyes.

Finn gave a sigh of relief and I looked to him, " What's going on? Start talking now," I commanded more firmly then I ever had before.

Finn quickly explained everything that had happened from the first shift to now and I my eyes widened in surprise. I had attacked the pack? I had attacked Devon? I looked back to Finn and he reiterated the importance of not letting my mind drift off and I looked back to Devon.

"I'll just have to explain this all to Devon. Hopefully he won't hate me too much," I mumbled as Finn finished. I gently nudged Stan out of the way and took over control again.

I was now not looking at Devon through someone else's eyes as I took control and I quickly averted my eyes from his worried face and shifted my weight from foot to foot nervously.

"Quinn?" he asked softly while trying to catch my eyes, "Do I have you back?" he asked as he turned my face to meet his. Our eyes caught and he smiled softly, "There you are. You had your golem and I worried there."

"Stan," I mumbled, "His name is Stan, and my wolf is Finn."

"Beautiful names for beautiful creatures," he told me with a soft smile and a small peck on the lips. He scooped me up and I let him carry me to the porch and set me in his lap as he sat in one of the many out door chairs. "Now, you gonna tell me what's going on?" he asked in a more serious tone.

"Tell him we're sorry for attacking him. We didn't know he was our mate."

"But you cant tell him about the conscious thing, you have to be fully mated before he can know. It is just a safety thing," Finn added.

"They say sorry for attacking you, they were trying to protect me and they didn't know you were our mate. I'm sorry that I got so out of hand, I can understand if you want to leave me now," I told him while getting quieter and quitter with every word.

"Quinn, we've been over this. I will never leave you and there is nothing you can do to make me leave," he said firmly as he made me look him in the face.

I nodded my understanding and Finn and Stan seemed pleased too.

"Why did your gol- erm- I mean Stan, need me to call you?" he asked curiously.

"I actually can't tell you," I confessed.

"Why?" he asked while furrowing his brows and making sure I kept eye contact.

"Finn told me that I couldn't tell you until we were fully mated," I said with a blush.

"Then we will have to get on that," he said with a teasing chuckle.

I froze at that. He still wanted to be with me after all of this crap? I looked at him still amazed and spoke to Finn and Stan.

"Do you want to?" I asked knowing they knew what I meant.

"YES!" Finn immediately shouted then he composed himself, "I mean, only if you want to and feel ready for it."

"Stan?" I asked wanting his opinion.

"I like him well enough and am not opposed, but again, it's totally up to you."

I nodded and sat for another second while a I made up my mind. I looked at Devon first with determination, then shyness, and took a deep breath and made sure he was paying attention to me, and sure enough he was.

"The lets get to it," I said softly, hoping he understood my meaning.

He eyes went huge as he looked my face over, looking for any hesitation. "Q-Quinn are you sure? Do you know what you are saying?"

I nodded my head without any hesitation.

Devon sucked in a deep breath and his eyes started to darken, "Quinn. For me to do this I need to hear you say it so I know that there is no doubt in your mind," he told me seriously.

"Devon," I started with a blush and made sure to keep eye contact, "I want you to fully mate with me."

Once I finished speaking Devon had his lip on mine in a commanding kiss. I kissed back fiercely and the kiss turned from hard and needy to soft and loving. After a while of kissing Devon leaned his forehead lovingly against mine and took in my features.

"I love you so much Quinn. More then I can explain," he said with full conviction. "We will mate tonight then."

I smiled shyly at him and nodded as I leaned down for another kiss. Right before out lips touched my ears picked up the faint sound of a snap and a roar of pain. My head snapped up and I looked into the forest. Something was off. I quickly got off of Devon's lap and looked into the forest.

"What's wrong Quinn?" he asked as he looked to the forest too.

I took a step towards to forest, "I don't know, something is wrong though," before Devon could say anything I took off into the forest and let my instincts guide me. I could hear Devon calling me but I kept running, I don't know why but something was off in the forest.

I burst out into a clearing to see a large grizzly bear lying on the ground unmoving. Ever so slowly I approached it and gasped at what I saw. Half of its front legs was completely torn off and the bear looked like it died from blood loss and not long ago. I looked around sure enough I found a bear trap with the other half of the bears leg in it. The bear trap wasn't strong enough to make a clean cut but it looked like the bear panicked and accidentally tore its leg off.

I looked down at it sadly and Stan started sniffling. "What's wrong Stan?" I asked. Of course I was sad but I wasn't crying.

"For some odd reason golems have a connection with bears, so this is affecting him a bit. It is like how humans like cats or dogs, and werewolves like butterflies. Don't ask me why, it's just a thing."

"I'm not crying, your fur is just irritating my eyes," he said trying to sound tough.

"I'm a consciousness, I don't have fur right now," Finn deadpanned.

"Shut up."

As I looked down at the bear there was a rustling in the bushes and I snapped my eyes over. After a second, two cubs came stumbling out of the bushes while playing with each other, blissfully unaware about the state of their mother.

"OH MY GOD THEIR SO CUTE!! CAN WE KEEP THEM??" Stan practically screamed while jumping around and watching the cubs.

"I don't know, maybe, but they are cute," admitted as I watched the tiny creatures.

The cubs finally noticed me and stopped their paly to watch me cautiously. I crouched down and I could feel my eyes tingle as Stan made my eyes glow a bright green in his excitement. The cubs watched my eyes and once they glowed green they bounded up to me and started climbing all over me like they had known me their whole lives.

I giggled at them and slowly stood up. The cubs tumbled off of me and watched me with curiosity. When I took a step to the right they followed and when I took a step forward they made sure to not be too far away from me. I smiled at them and started to make my way back to the house.

Their mother was dead and I was going to take care of them, there was no way I was going to let them die when I had something to say about it. Devon was just going to have to deal with it. Speaking of Devon, where was he?

"Devon?" I called out and I walked. "Devon!" I yelled and kept my eyes pealed for him. It only took a second and Devon was in front of me, fussing over me with a worried look.

"What happened Quinn? Why did you run off? Is everything ok?" he looked me over and I nodded to him.

Devon gave a relieved sigh as he glanced around the forest and quickly pushed me behind him as he took a defensive stance. There was the sound of rustles as the cubs came out of the bushes and headed for us. Devon growled at them but they completely ignored him and went strait to my feet only to continue playing.

Devon looked shocked and kept glancing around the forest, "Get them away from you Quinn! If they are here then the mother is near by and we don't want an angry bear on our hands."

I looked at the cubs sadly, "Their mother is dead."

He looked to me surprised.

"That is the reason that I came out here. There mother got caught in a bear trap and is dead, so I'm going to raise them," I told Devon.

"Is this a golem thing?" He asked as he eyed the cubs.

"I guess you could say that," I said with a smirk.

He ran his hand through his hair, "You sure?" he asked.

"Yes. Coda and Ox are going to stay. They will be fine," I assured him.

"You already named them?"

"Well I cant just call then bear 1 and bear 2 now can I?" I said with my arms crossed. "Now lets get home," I said and turned to continue back to the house.

"Those damn bears better not be a cock block," he mumbled lowly.

I smiled at his words then blushed when I remembered the plan we made for tonight. I was going to mate with Devon.

I was going to be with the one I love.

Pic of Coda and Ox

PS: They are total cock blockers :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 2.8K 50
The Badger Series (Book 2) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Mason Badger is a teenage werewolf, he's living in the pack that his adoptive fa...
1.7M 60.9K 22
THIS BOOK IS NOT FINISHED AND WILL NEVER BE FINISHED! DO NOT READ! "Mate." His words had me frozen. His eyes seared into mine and I felt weak. Even m...
709K 20.1K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
24.4K 644 51
The Badger Series (Book 8) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Wyatt Badger is mute because of his mate, who is his biggest bully, and he impati...