The Summer Everything Turned...

Od AgentOfSHIELD

Summer Lockhart was best friends with Megan, Mason, and in a complicated relationship with Eli, but everythin... Více

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 1

1.8K 15 6
Od AgentOfSHIELD

My second story. (: Please give it a shot! (: Hope you guys like it.

~

"Summer! I'm gonna get you for that!" Megan screams, laughing her ass off.

We were at the public park, chasing after each other.

Mason watches us as we make fools of ourselves, while licking his perfect cherry snowcone.

Mine was down Megan's back, while hers was already upside down on the grass.

I laugh as I watch her run after me, while trying to get the snowcone out of her shirt.

"I bet you can't catch me!" I scream at her as I try my best to run faster, but then I crash into Eli.

I wouldn't want to be cliché or anything, so I'm not gonna rant about how sexy he is or anything; I'm simply gonna introduce him to you.

Meet Elias Knight, a.k.a. Eli, a man whore who also turns out to be my best friend.

I fall face-first onto the pavement, but luckily I wasn't hurt or anything. Except from my arms which hurt af.

"I can," Eli snickers, bending down to help me.

I scowl at him. He thinks he's so amazing and I hate how I think he is too, but I wouldn't tell him. That would just make his ego grow bigger.

"I hate you," I say, lightly hitting his stomach.

Well, as much as I want to hate him for using girls and throwing them away as if they were disposable, he's still my best friend.

"I love you," he says, flashing me his adorable boyish grin.

I stick my tongue out at him.

"You're not gonna say it back?" he says, hurt evident in his eyes. I couldn't tell if he was kidding or if he was being serious.

"I'll think about it," I say, slightly smiling.

He pouts.

"Stop being such a baby," I scowl at him.

He was wearing a white wife beater, which was really odd since he's not really the type of guy who'd look like he'd wear a wife beater.

But it honestly complemented his body well.

His soft dark brown hair was perfectly messy, as if he just got out of bed.

"My eyes are up here," he says with a smirk.

"Shut up," I snap at him, but he just chuckles.

"I still love you, don't worry," he smiles, his eyes crinkling.

"Who said I was worried?" I scowled.

Everything about Eli was adorable. Even if he is a man whore.

I see Mason and Megan in a deep conversation, then she starts gesturing for me and Eli to come closer.

What happened? Was something wrong?

As I come closer, she leans in and suddenly tugs on the collar of my shirt, placing Mason's snowcone in. I screamed as it touched my skin.

"Hey!" Eli yells at them as he helps me try to get the snowcone out of my shirt. "That was a low blow, you guys!"

Mason chuckles at him.

"You two are cute."

I blush profusely and look at my cherry-stained shirt.

As much as I hate to admit it, I was actually one of the girls who've fallen for Eli.

"You think?" Eli says cheekily.

"I know," Mason replies with a snicker.

I give Megan a look. She rolls her eyes and mouths, "Boys."

Eli stares at me with a suppressed smile. He makes me wish I had brown eyes, too.

"Don't do that, babe," he mutters, giving me that adorable smile of his.

Sometimes I get confused when he calls me babe. I don't really like it. It makes me get those butterflies in my stomach, and I hate how disgustingly cliché it sounds.

But it makes me feel special.

But sometimes I think, we aren't even in a relationship.

What does he call all those other girls?

And he was a man whore, after all.

"Do what?" I ask, confused. What was he talking about?

"That look you're giving me," he says, playfully sitting down on the grass cross-legged.

I scowl as I lay down on the grass beside him.

"I'm not giving you a look, Eli," I say.

He feigns a hurt look. "Yes, you are! You're looking at me like you wanna do me!"

I laugh, ignoring all the stares I got as I watch Megan and Mason across the park.

"You should smile more instead of scowling," he smiles. "You'd grow old faster."

I scowl at him.

"You should be more sensitive instead of being so self-centered," I shoot back at him. "That way, girls would like you more."

"They already do," he says cockily.

Mason was pushing Megan on one of the swings, while Megan was smiling like she was having the time of her life.

And I stare at them, thinking of when I'd finally get a guy who'd love me.

I look up, staring intently at the clouds.

I guess it would rain today, which means we need to go home earlier.

I don't want to go home yet.

I want to spend more time with my best friends. And Eli.

Why can't he be like Mason? After a few months with Megan, he settled down and stopped hooking up with a different girl every night.

"What are you thinking about?" Eli says, poking my cheek.

"Summer," I say. "What should we do for the next two months?"

"Sorry, babe, but I've already got girls for the next two weeks," he smirks.

As I said, man whore.

"I didn't mean that," I say, scrunching my face up. "You're being disgusting."

"You're being cute," he says.

"Thank you," I say in a sickly sweet voice. "It comes naturally."

"Stop being weird," he chuckles, lightly flicking my forehead.

"Actually that was my impression of you," I smile innocently. "Like it?"

He laughs and pretends to think.

"Yes and no," he says. "First of all, I sound nothing like that."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't give me that look," he says, nudging me. "Second, I do it in a much more seducing way."

I laugh and push him, then laugh harder when he falls over.

And he pulls me down with him.

On the dirt.

Was he trying to be romantic? Because laying on the dirt wasn't really my idea of romantic.

He places his finger lightly on my cheek, making me look straight at him.

I blush, turning away so he couldn't see my face.

I love him. I just don't know how to tell him.

From a distance, I hear a wolf whistle, which was probably Mason.

"Get a room!" Megan yells, and I can hear the amusement in her voice.

"We weren't even doing anything!" I yell.

I try to push myself up but awkwardly fall back on Eli as I watch Mason and Megan laugh at me.

Eli shifts quickly, and now he was the one on top of me. He leans in to kiss me, but I speak before he gets the chance to.

"Get off me," I tell him. "Gosh, you weigh a lot. You should watch what you're eating."

He scowls at me, and I smile. He looks utterly adorable, but I wasn't going to let him kiss me. Not again.

"Hey, this isn't fat, it's pure-"

"Sexy, yeah, I get it," I say, shrugging it off.

He smirks at me and says, "I was gonna say pure muscle, but sexy works, too."

Blood rose ip to mu cheeks.

I bet he doesn't know the effect he can have.

He stands up and brushes the dirt off his pants, then reaches out his hand to help me get up.

I look around, relieved to see that no one besides Mason and Megan were around to witness Eli on top of me on a public park.

Wait, where did all the people go?

I feel a drop of water on my head, which followed by another.

Pretty soon, it was pouring.

I knew i should've brought an umbrella.

I could see Megan smearing dirt all over Mason's face, while he tries to get her back.

"Summer!" Eli calls, and I turn around.

With one swift motion, he covers half of my face with mud.

"You douche!" I say through gritted teeth.

"I love you," he says. He wasn't smiling; he was just looking at ne straight in the eyes.

The rain washed the mud off my face.

My clothes were soaked, but I didn't care.

I turned to Megan and Mason, who were having a huge make-out session in the rain.

They were the cutest couple ever. But they were doing the most disgusting things, I can't even look at them right now.

Eli stepped closer, brushing away the stray strands of hair from my face.

"Have we ever made out in the rain?" he asks, a smirk playing on his lips.

"I don't think we ever did," I say quietly, looking down at my toenails, which were painted midnight blue.

"You wanna try?"

No, I'd probably get STDs from kissing you, jerkface.

But still. He's making this whole thing harder for me.

I wanted to hate him. I needed to.

After all he's done to all the girls he screwed with, the least I could do is stand up for them.

"Summer," he says softly, gently lifting my chin up so I could face him. I look away. I wanted to tell him not to touch me. "What's wrong? Did I do something? You've been acting like this for the past two weeks."

I shake my head, turning away.

I try to shake away all the feelings I have for him and will for the disgust to come back, but I've been too lost in love.

He'll break my heart. I know he will.

Slowly, I walk to my car.

"Wait!" he says, grabbing onto my wrist.

"What?" I snap at him. "You always keep me waiting, Eli. Always."

I can't believe I just said that.

He might even know that I love him.

"Babe, please," he says, his eyes pleading. "Can't we just -"

"And yeah, about that babe thing," I say a bit too harshly. "How many other sluts do you call that?"

I think I just sounded like a jealous whore. Summer, shut the hell up.

He looks at me intently, as if he was asking if I was being serious.

Hell yeah, I am.

"I'm surprised you think so low of me," he mutters.

I cross my arms over my chest.

He cups his hand over my cold face, and looks straight into my eyes.

"I know how you feel, Summer," he choked out.

I blink fast, trying hard to swallow that big lump in my throat.

"Don't touch me," I seethe.

"Please give me time to figure this whole thing out," he pleads.

"Shut up," I spat.

I look away and walk towards my car again.

I need to stay strong.

He will break me.

A sudden tug on my arm makes me wince, then my body slams onto Eli's.

The next thing he did made my tears stop.

And my heart, too.

Pokračovat ve čtení