Gray x Juvia (Gruvia) short s...

By phantomatsuoka

[Currently on hiatus] Since mashima-sensei had been torturing us gruvia fans, let me share some of the scenar... More

A Day With The Other One
A Day With The Other One (2)
A Day With The Other One (3)
A Day With The Other One (Last Part)
Warmth (Teaser)
Author's Note: Random Questions
Warmth
Warmth (2)
I'm Not a Stalker! (Teaser)
I'm Not a Stalker!
Home Is Where You Are (Teaser)
Home Is Where You Are (2)
Home Is Where You Are (Last Part)
Past Tense
Glowing Hearts
My Brother's Girl (Teaser)

Glowing Hearts (2)

694 27 4
By phantomatsuoka

Juvia's POV

"I've told you to not fall for that bastard's words! He's nothing but a piece of crap!" Gajeel-kun shouted, contradicting the comforting arms he wrapped around Juvia. Despite the warmth of being in your friend's arm, Juvia's pathetic eyes still cannot stop shedding tears from the pain.

"H-he said he loves Juvia... J-juvia thought he meant it." A loud click of a tongue was all the ebony-head responded.

"You said it yourself. You belong to the one who'll make your heart glow... So please can you just refrain from getting hurt till then?" His voice soften, grip tighten, as Juvia sobbed harder unto the brotherly arms surrounding her petty self .

***

"Look out!" A sharp growl brought Juvia back to reality. Instantly, a pair of strong arms tackled her down causing Juvia's back to hit the ground. Slightly groaning from the stinging pain, Juvia looked up only to be pinned by that melting look of worry from those captivating gray eyes of the man above.

"Are you alright?" The man hovered above Juvia, searching for answers as he stare too closely at Juvia's face. Juvia's cheeks instantaneously heated up from the unsafe distance and how the man's velvety voice laced with genuine concern. Nodding slightly as she tried her best to calm the rapid beating from her chest. The man finally got off her as he offered a hand, which Juvia reluctantly accepted, pondering at how soft it felt against her own.

"What happened?" Asked Juvia

"I'm not sure. We were in the middle of the battle then you suddenly spaced out, I threw an ice spear as I reckon it would snap you out of it. But when you didn't, I panicked, thinking it would hit you directly so... I tackled you." A dash of pink spread across his face as he mumbled the last part, Juvia can't help but smile at how adorable that blush was, a light giggle escaped her lips unintentionallly.

"So, you're telling Juvia that you violently attacked her and saved her life at the same time?" The adorable mage chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. Juvia then caught sight of the ice spear than was harshly impaled to the ground, thanking it wasn't her lithe body instead.

"Should we ummm, I mean.. T-the battle.. We.." He trailed off, trying to find the right words to say. Juvia was just about to open her mouth when the ice mage suddenly groan with palpable frustration.

"Ugh! I can't do this! I-I just can't..." Juvia stared at him, heart still pounding rapidly against her chest as those long fingers ran their way across the jet black locks, with a loud sigh.

When those gray orbs locked gaze with hers, Juvia started to feel her face heat up try as she may, there is no denying the obvious attraction that she felt towards the boy, how he carries himself during their battle, how the intensity of his gaze made Juvia's inside melt, how he cared enough to save her from his own attack. And how he made her heart flutter like nobody else did...

Juvia's feet unconsciously brought her closer to the ice mage, slowly taking its time until she was just an arm away from the man. Memorizing his tantalizing features as if not believing that this was the one who she was supposed to belong to.

"Ah!" Juvia squealed, an octave higher than her usual tone when the man suddenly grab hold of her wrist and pulled her closer, making their chest clash as he wrap his free arm around Juvia's waist.

"Why am I acting this way because of you?" The ice mage whispered, never letting our eyes part as he did. Juvia was now sure she was blushing like crazy, every part of her seems to heat up as she processed the ecstatic thought of feeling the same way as he did. Juvia had never been held this close by any man, except for Gajeel-kun, she never felt the sensation of being nervous yet highly elated at the same time.

Those gray orbs drift further down Juvia's face, stopping at the trembling lips that made Juvia's mind go crazy. All Juvia wanted right now was to close in the gap between them and feel those lips against hers, claim them as her own and never let go. Breaths were hitched as the ice mage moved his face closer, our lips barely touching as his breath tickled Juvia's cheek.

That's when it started to rain... A heavy downpour of rain...

The ice mage, much to Juvia's disappointment, distance himself from her. He stared directly at the gray clouds above that brought about the heavy downfall. Juvia tried to breathe, her lungs felt like drowning from the unknown emotions caused by the unnamed man.

"Tch. Why did it have to pour down now? This stupid rain always get everything seems so depressing..." He ranted.

Depressing...

Oh, That's right.. Everybody hates Juvia's rain. Everyone finds it depressing and annoying.

"I just can't take it anymore, Juvia. We can't even have a proper date without getting all wet from the rain. Wherever you go, follows this rain. I'm tired of it... It's quite depressing actually."

Those were his exact same words.. The person who told me he loves me also got tired of my depressing rain, what difference does this man make? Juvia glanced at him, the man who made her heart glow. Maybe Juvia isn't entitled to this soulmate thing? Maybe Juvia was just bounded to walk the earth alone, along with her depressing rain. Maybe Juvia isn't the one to be loved...

"Juvia apologizes if her rain annoyed you, don't worry. Juvia will now take her leave along with this depressing rain..." Juvia said, fighting off the impending tears that were about to fall from her eyes. The man's eyes widen, he immediately grabbed Juvia's arm.

"Let go of Juvia!"

"No! I-I didn't mean, I uh.. I'm s-sorry."

"Let Juvi-aaah!" While struggling to get free from his grasp, Juvia's foot suddenly slipped from the ledge, taking her balance along with her. Juvia closed her eyes, maybe it will be better this way, to free the world from Juvia's depressing rain. To let her pathetic self fall to the ground and scatter into tiny little droplets, just as how her rain does.

"Juvia!"

Juvia's eyes shot open to the sound of her name being called by a strong yet calming voice.

"Don't you dare let go of my hand!" The ice mage panted, gripping Juvia's hand like his life depended on it. Juvia looked down only to notice that the only thing stopping her from falling off to oblivion was the warm hand of the man. His gray eyes flashed a mixture of concern and determination as Juvia stared at them with awe, how his eyes easily display his innermost emotions.

Using all his strenght, he pulled Juvia from the edge and landed on his back through the process, Juvia's body wrapped inside those protective arms as we tried to catch our breath.

"That was hella close..." He commented, chuckling a bit as he sat up and looked at Juvia.

"You ok?" He asked. Juvia nodded in response, still lost for words. A moment of silence passed through until Juvia couldn't take it anymore.

"Why did you save Juvia? Twice.. Why didn't you just let her fall to the ground, like the depressing rain she carries.." The man gave her a quizzical look, as if Juvia had grown another head.

"Are you kidding me? I just met my soulmate today, you think I'm just gonna let her go that easily?" The statement brought back that warm feeling growing inside Juvia's chest, staring at the smirking ice mage glancing down on her.

"Juvia thought you didn't believe in those?" He furrowed his eyebrows before responding.

"Well, as much as I hate how cheezy and cliché this feels... You proved me wrong... The moment our hearts glowed, I instantly felt the connection. Like I was bounded by you, like meeting you was pretty much supposed to happen from the very beginning..." Juvia's heart tighten from that confession, as if voicing out how Juvia felt once her eyes landed on the ice mage. Like a puzzle piece that instantaneously completed her heart.

"Do you.. Ummm. Did you f-feel the same?" He reluctantly asked, locking his gray orbs once again with Juvia's azure.

"Yes. Yes I did." Never had Juvia agreed to anything with the whole of her heart. Never had she felt such happiness as the ice mage flashed a breathtaking smile before glancing up the skies.

"Gray..." He muttered.

"They've always been like that since Juvia can remember." Juvia said, thinking he pertains to the gray clouds above. A low chuckle was what Juvia got in return.

"No. I meant, Gray.. Gray is my name. Nice to meet you, Juvia." Juvia loved how her name rolled out of his tongue, like no other one could say it more perfectly than he ever would. He flashed Juvia a smile that made her heart skip a few beats, followed by something even more breathtaking...

Blue.. Perfect, beautiful, and wide ocean of blue skies...

No words can express how beautiful they were, parting the gray clouds and gleaming endlessly as Juvia caught her breath in her throat, tears prick her eyes from the amount of joy that she was being overwhelmed with. She is seeing blue skies! No clouds, no rain, no depressing thoughts..

She stared the ice mage who sighed heartedly upon the enticing sight of the blue skies.

Gray..

Gray-sama..

Juvia's Gray-sama...

The man who she belongs to.. The man who saved her from her depressing self and showed her the beauty of clear blue skies. The man who made her heart beat so loud that it even glowed brightly like a small star.

This time, locking gaze with those warm eyes, she didn't even bother calming her erratic heartbeat.. For Juvia knows that every beat of her heart lets her know that she was his, only his..

~The end~

---

A/N: I'm such an awful person, I know that.. I hate saying sorry every late update but you guys deserve these apologies. T^T. So yeah, sorry for the suuuuuper late update, the crappy plot, and the lack of Gruvia scenes.
I whole heartedly wanted to thank you lot for the continuous support and love I constantly receive, who knew this book'll reach 8k despite being such a crappy author? XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 220 21
{{G R U V I A}} - FAIRY TAIL - Gray and Juvia have both struggled before Fairy Tail. Losing loved ones, being out-casted, and told there was no purpo...
4.6K 327 19
Gruvia high school AU. Juvia loves Gray but wonders if it is really worth it. She decides to test her feelings. Gray continues to be apathetic, but w...
14K 542 17
"Why him?" Lyon asked, still staring at the sunset. "Hmm?" Juvia mumbled, her eyes pulling away from the beautiful view to look at him. He hesitantl...