The Trap

By notjustarandomperson

#EDITING# Previously known as- When the bad boy noticed me. Trap called chaos. Trap called emotions. Trap... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
chapter - 30
chapter - 31
chapter 32
chapter - 33
chapter - 34
chapter - 35
chapter - 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Sequel's out!

CHAPTER 18

137K 4.2K 537
By notjustarandomperson

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"So you divide it and then find the value of x. Clear?" Miss Conner looked at us after writing the steps on the blackboard. The whole class chorused a 'yes' except me, of course because I am left with negligible energy and Maths is not something that I am using it for.

My phone lights up, grabbing my attention and breaking my line of thoughts. I open it to see a message from Smith and a smile automatically makes it way on my face as I read it.

Smith: Thank you so much, V. You are amazing!

Me: Took you long enough to realize ;)

I lock my cell after that and try to catch up with every step of the solution​ put up on the board. But my attempt to cope with Maths is interrupted by the bell, much to my relief.

I walk out of the class and find Jasmine already waiting for me in the locker rooms.

"Hey!" I say, grabbing her attention which was in a romance novel. She must have gotten a free lecture, I assume.

"Hello! I grabbed a sandwich for ya." She says, handling me the tiffin.

"Thanks jazz! By the way, do me a favor please?" I say in a pleading tone.

"What is it?" She asks.

"I have to go to Sam's place for my car. Can you drop me at his place and then take my mom's car back?" I ask her.

"Alright!" She instantly agrees.

"Thanks girl!" I pat her back in gratitude.

"Yeah welcome. By the way, what happened to that Gabrielle Mayer?" She asks.

"I have dinner with her today." I say , nervously.

First meetings have never been my thing. I am not with setting good impressions and moreover she belonging to an elite group makes my nerves wreck with worry.

"About time you meet that lady. Chill though. You will be good, trust me." She assures me.

"I hope so." I say and we part ways.

_________________________

"Violet, please pinch me. Tell me that I am dreaming." Jasmine says this dialogue for the umpteenth time in the last 10 minutes.

We just arrived at Sam's place and pulled up the car and I have been bearing this drama of hers eversince.
I sigh in frustration, signalling her to stop because now even my eyes are tired of rolling at her melodrama.

"Damn! He is filthy rich. Who knew?" She awes at the sight of the palace.

"Jasmine! Just get your butt back inside the car and leave. Thanks for the ride." I say and push her inside the car. I slam the door once she settles herself which earns me a glare.

I dust off my pants in a meek attempt to look presentable enough for such grandeur. I walk up the front porch and ring the door bell. It opens almost instantly and I find a smiling Amelia.

"Wonderful to see you again." She says, guiding me inside the drawing room.

"The feeling is mutual." I smile at her.

"So sweetie, what brings you here? Don't tell me that you are preparing dinner." She says in a playful tone making me chuckle at it.

"I am not here for that, Amy. I hope you don't mind the new name." I say.

"Of course not! It is a nice name." She beams at me.

This lady is really jolly, I tell you.

"Well to answer the question, I am here to get my car. I left it here the last time as Sam dropped me to school." I say.

"Oh, that Mustang is yours?" She asks me.

"Yep." I say, smiling broadly.

"Oh! It is near the fountain, parked as it is. You saw it, right?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I did." I say.

"Alright. Would you like something?" She asks me.

"No. Thanks for the offer though." I say.

"I thought we are past the formalities. Anyways, why don't you stay for dinner now that you've come?" She asks me hopefully.

"The offer is tempting but I am afraid I have plans." I say with a pout.

"Oh!" She sighs dejectedly.

"Where are the Ryder brothers?" I ask her.

"Last time I checked, they were playing in the game room on the first floor. Samuel surprisingly came early so the brothers locked themselves upstairs." She says.

"Oh." Was all I say.

"Speaking of him, he must be hungry. Can you please take the pizza slices upstairs? I'd go but I have to check the grocery list." She says.

"Sure." I say and walk towards the kitchen for the slices.

__________________

Seems like the last time Amelia checked up on the boys was long long back as I fine the brothers snoring off to slumber land leaving the game room behind them messy as hell. The maids are gonna have a real hard time cleaning this shit. I keep the tray on the side table and notice the game room. As always, the setting blows me away. There are so many games; you name them and you have got them.

Calvin was sleeping with his head on Sam's lap and Sam was supporting his huge body on a couch. He looked so peaceful and innocent like he isn't the jerk who took away my first kiss, my freedom and my peace. His hair looks messy but makes him look all the more attracti--

Wait right there, V.

I take deep breaths to calm the anger growing inside me. I cannot believe that I allowed such thoughts to invade my brain. Suddenly, an evil idea strikes me and him sleeping makes it easier for me to execute it.
I run downstairs to grab my backpack and take out a permanent marker.

Art classes, you rock!

I take the marker and jog upstairs to the game room. He is so fast asleep that I fear even a blaring horn won't wake him up.

Showtime.

I open the cap and think about what is to be done to screw his pretty face.

15 minutes later ~

Sammy.

That's what I write on his forehead with that marker which won't be going off anytime soon.

Evil laugh.

After the face, I grab his free arm and write-

Justin bieber♡

More evil laugh as I recollect how much he hates him. He told me this when we car pooled together the other day. I had turned on the music to kill the silence and one of his song started playing so he made a face and switched it off.

I pat myself in self glory and walk downstairs with a silly smile on my face.

__________________________

"What took you so long? Jasmine dropped by long back. Where were you? Why weren't you with her? Where was your car?" Mom bombards me with questions the moment I enter my house.

"My car was at someone's place and I went to get it back which took up my time. I hope it answers all of your questions, Ma." I say settling on the couch.

"Okay. Who is that 'someone'?" She asks me.

"No one important. Leave it." I say, dismissing the conversation.
She raises an eyebrow at my tone and I sigh.

"I'll tell you later, ok?" I sigh.

"You better." She sternly replies. "By the way, you know what?" She asks with excitement.

Fifty bucks says its about a guy.

"What?" I ask her.

"Gabrielle has a son of your age and he is coming along. Clean up well, missy!" She says.

See? I told you.

"Whatever." I say and head upstairs.

" V?" She calls out.

" Yep?" I turn around.

"You have an hour and a half." She says and enters her room.

___________________________

"Ma! You never told me that the dinner is at such an exotic place. The whole place screams money." I say.

"Well that's because I myself didn't know it." She says and we get out of the car.

My mom is looking super duper pretty in a red dress with diamond earrings and minimal make-up.

I, on the other hand look presentable with a silky floral dress. The strapless dress came up to my knees and I paired it with my favorite cardigan.
As always, make-up was not on the forefront of my look. My eye lashes were enhanced with mascara and that was it.

I walk inside linking arms with my mom. Upon entering, my mom busies herself with the receptionist while I awe at the exquisite interior. Mom can be a pretty good actor, behaving as if having dinners at such place is as normal as chilling with friends. My case was different altogether as I shamelessly let my eyes wander through the place making me realize that I don't belong here.

We walk towards the table and I come face-to-face with a very beautiful lady. She is so radiant even though she must have definitely crossed forty. Her whole posture was imbibed with elegance, creating a havoc to my nerves.

God, please save me from any embarrassment.

My mom hugs her and they quote air-kisses. She then turns to look at me and I expected a look of disapproval or a frown or maybe just a simple hello but clearly not a hug.

Yes, she hugged me.

I awkwardly return it back.

"Hello sweetie! I am Gabrielle Mayer. It is so wonderful to finally see your pretty face." She says and I blush at it.

"Uh..hey, Mrs. Mayer." I say.

"Oh call me Gabrielle or Gaby." She says and we settle down on the table.

So far, so good.

"You came alone, Gab?" My mom asks her, breaking the silence while giving me a look.

Of course, she has to ask about her son.

"My son is on the way. He is of your age dear." She says.

As if I care.

"Ah, here is my boy." She says after awhile.

We all look towards the entrance only to have my jaw touching the floor in utter shock.

What on earth is he doing here ?

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N -

Hello people!

I hope you liked this chapter.

So who do you think this son is huh?
Please vote, comment and spread the word :)

Love always,

KHUSHALI ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 16 8
I spent almost 10 years alone. Then three boys showed up, and helped ruin my life. Although, one is pretty cute. I spent most of those ten years sea...
101K 3.6K 29
I stood on the edge of the rooftop. My eyes closed and my mind free. I'm ready. Now is the time. I could feel my breath quickening, Breathe in, Breat...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
342K 17.7K 61
I open the doors to my new school. Eager yet bored, since this has happened so many times in my life. Im so done with having to change schools. As i...