Standing Alone

By StoriesbyNimmu

An unexpected meeting with her late husband's friend Richard in Charleston sends Seema on an emotional roller... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 42

11 2 0
By StoriesbyNimmu

It was good to be back home and Seema was glad that she hadn't gone with Varun or Shreya to their in-laws place.

She was not in the mood for petty talks and she needed time to embrace the little glimmer of hope of meeting Richard again. It had vanished now forever and there was no point in still believing that they would one day meet again.

A part of her felt relieved that she need not face the consequences of the decisions that she would have made had Richard turned up; another part felt a sadness and loneliness that she hadn't felt for a long time.

She now knew that her whole life ahead had to be spent alone, because she was not ready to rip her heart more than twice.

She sat by the window sill watching the grey ocean waters reflecting the grey sky. Sometimes she wondered how the sky reflected her moods so perfectly.

She had only a few editing work to be completed. The schools were closed and so was her pottery class. She took a book to read and without her knowledge, tears started seeping through the corners of her eyes. She tried her best to concentrate, but her heart suddenly gave up the pretence that everything was okay. Now no amount of justifications to her situations would work. The loneliness brought out all the pain and anguish that she had tried to hide from everyone, including herself. But now there was no place to hide. She finally put the book aside and cried like a ten year old hugging a pillow.

After an hour she felt relived and just as ever she knew this time that she would come out of this ordeal too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 15.8K 50
TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED It is easy to fall in love but only in the rarest occasion you can meet a partner who feels the same way about you. This sto...
469K 15.9K 42
The insecure on relationships, American-Indian woman, gets to be the CEO's secretary on temporary but she had no clue that her life would be tied for...
111K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
6.2K 378 48
Have you ever experienced the love that strikes at the most unexpected place, like the arrow of cupid went haywire, or like the love potion you made...