Protecting Her. (Under Heavy...

By BringMe_TheBooks

Lacey Jay Teller moves to a new town, new school, new everything. Only things are... different. She's just tr... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One [Edited]
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Eleven.

197 6 0
By BringMe_TheBooks

Chapter Eleven.
Lacey's POV.

So today's a snow day... turns out while I was focused on drawing it had snowed... quite a lot. Not that I mind, means I can go into town and spend some time alone writing lyrics and reading, maybe even drawing. How I love snow days.

I quickly dress in black leggings, and an olive green jumper, a thick cream coloured scarf and some sturdy brown boots. Every now and then I like to mix my outfit up. I quickly pack my backpack with my lyric book, sketch book, pencils, my current novel and my Polaroid. I'm planning on spending all day out and about. I'd rather not stay at home where thoughts can plague my every moment. Sighing I grab my phone, earphones, keys and money before heading out. Apposed to driving, I'm probably better off walking, the roads are full of black ice. Shivering slightly under my leather jacket, I begin walking to where I think I remember a cute little cafe was in the center.

Walking in the strong smell of coffee surrounds me and I sigh. I fucking love coffee. I order my usual triple shot espresso, caramel mocha and sit on one of the bars, the ones with the high up stools. I get out my sketch book and continue my sketch from last night. I continue to sketch the structure of the face. I'm taking extra care with this one, spending more time to get it perfect. I shade in the strong angles on the cheek bones and the strong brow. The slightly crooked nose and the strong jaw line.

My drink is placed next to me and I look up and give a quick smile before focusing back on my drawing. I mark out the initial shape of the eyes, rounding or straightening areas as I go, attempting to make them look manlier than they are. I don't know why men have a different shape eye to women but I've found they do somehow. Years of drawing has taught me that. 

It's been an hour, I've drank two drinks and almost completed one eye on my drawing. However, I think its time to leave and go elsewhere.

I walk into a thrift store and look around. There's some awesome stuff in here, I used to shop in these all the time. Picking up the guns and roses shirt I smile when I see its my size. I also find a pair of ripped jeans which are my size. Paying the lady at the cashier I thank her and place the clothes in my bag. I used to work in one of these back in... Shaking my head I walk out and look around. There's a few stores I wouldn't mind checking out, maybe the craft store would be a good place.

Entering the craft store I instantly spot tons of items I want. I grab a basket and put water colours, acrylics, pencils, fineliners, more sketch pads and pencils and just everything from graphite to glitter and everything in between. I finally pay, realising I have to carry all this and if I don't stop, I'll have no bloody money left.

I need somewhere quiet to read. "Excuse me, is there anywhere quiet to read?" I ask and the guy behind the counter. "Yeah there's a few cafes and there's the bookstore-library." He says and I quickly thank him and make my way there with his directions in mind.

I enter the store and look around. This place is awesome. I like the original period features. I head towards the back of the building and sit down on one of the chairs, kicking my shoes off and curling my feat under me. I begin reading my book, glad that no one else is here to disturb my peace.

Or... I spoke too damn soon. I hear a loud giggle, followed by a husky grunt. I block it out and continue reading. A loud high pitched moan sounds and I have to bite my tongue to stop from snapping. The same husky voice shushes the girl moaning. "Keep it down or we'll get kicked out." I know that voice... but why? "I'm sorry, you're just so good." I know that voice too... again I don't know why! I try to block it out, instead focusing on the last few pages of my book. My eyes skim the page but the moans begin to be all I can hear. Who the hell does... that... in a public place! I use all my willpower to focus on my book, finally reaching the end. It was a good book, but I don't know it was kinda anti-climactic. 

I stand up and go to grab a book that caught my eye earlier, I glance to the left and a familiar blonde catches my eye, Chloe? I see hands grab her waist and pull her forward. I recognise those hands... Seth? What the fuck? I thought he hated them all? And hell what would Ruby do if she saw this? She'd fucking flip!

I'm disgusted by the sheer sight of this! Is he really that disgusting? Did he manage to stoop that low? I mean really? The girl who bullies his best friends girlfriend... and one of his new friends.

Chloe. She has a good way of fucking up peoples lives. Can't have little miss bitchy without attention for more than ten minutes can we. She honestly makes me sick. I've seen the way she parades around school like its some sort of mix between America's next top model and Mean Girls. And like cover up. Have some modesty. Like now for example. She's in this tight pink mini dress and lets just say I've seen more than I ever wanted to see of that girl... and it was unintentional too!

I quickly decide to leave, buying the book before heading home. Anything to get away from Chloe. I walk home, my boots crunching in the freshly fallen snow.

I unlock the door, kicking the snow off my boots before stepping in. I set my keys on the table and put my bag at the bottom of the stairs. "Well hey there sweetheart." I quickly turn and smile widely. "Jax! You're home!" I gasp and run to him, giving him a hug. "That I am." He says setting me down on the floor. "And I'm knackered. Mind making some coffee?" He asks and I nod heading into the kitchen. Stepping in I gasp. On the counter sits some flowers and a box of chocolates.
Thank you for being understanding. Sorry I had to leave. You're like my daughter and I'll always protect you.

I smile and move the vase to the window and put the chocolates out of the way. I start making some coffee until something catches my eye. "What's the money for?" I ask when Jax walks in. "For the jar, my gift to you." He says and I smile. "Thank you Jax! It's nice of you to think of me like that, I love this! All of it!" I say. He's been like my dad for years now, so when he does things like this I actually feel like he's my dad. I begin feeling normal.

"So what happened?" I ask and he sighs. "We'll we basically observed. Did lots of research and well got a steaming pile of nothing. It wasn't him. We followed the poor guy on a nine hour trek before we found out. So I requested to come back. Don't worry... I will find him." He says and I nod, a small smile playing on my lips. He's always extremely dedicated to his job. 

We decided to go on a walk. I always liked walks with Jax, because he keeps up good conversation and is just fun to be around, plus he knows how to make me feel safe. However, he seems to enjoy scaring me when I least expect it so time to get some pay back. Discreetly balling up some snow, I turn and throw it at him. "Oh it's on!" He says and I squeal trying to get enough snow to make a decent snowball to throw at him but drop all my snow when he throws one right at my arm. Damn it Jax! I throw small clumps of snow at him and he chuckles, just throwing hand fulls of snow at me. I finally make a ball and laughing manically I throw it at him and some of it goes down his top. I giggle and he gives me a look I know all too well. "Watch you back. Revenge will be sweet and unexpected." He says and I give him the puppy dog eyes. "I sowwee. Pwease forgive me." I say innocently. "Why do you always do this? You know I have a soft spot for puppy eyes and that innocent voice of yours!" He says and beam at him. "Fine I forgive you, now lets go get a drink from the café." He says and I nod, entering as he hold the door open for me. "Why thank you kind sir." I mock but he just rolls his eyes. He loves me really.

I clasp my cold hands around the warm mug of hot chocolate. "You're nose is all red." He states and I roll my eyes. "You're whole face is red." I say stealing one of his marshmallows. "Thanks!" I say smirking. "You're a pain in my ass. I'll be back in a minute." He says and heads into the gents bathrooms. "Well if it isn't Lacey say in a cafe again." I look up and see the guys. "They're peaceful places. And how did you know anyway?" I ask and Josh looks to Seth. "Well Seth saw you earlier." He says and I move my gaze to Seth. "Did he now? Well I'm here with someone this time so its probably best that you go." I say as politely as possible. Right now I just want to be alone with Jax. "Yeah, ok... sorry to disturb you." Nate says glancing at Seth and Josh before walking away. What crawled up his ass and died? Jax sits back down, his gaze firmly on the two boys stood by our table, his expression one of suspicion. "Well we'll see you later Lacey." Josh says patting my shoulder and following Nate's trail, Seth slow behind. What was that about? I smile at Jax and continue to laugh and joke around with him.

We've just finished our drinks and have decided to head home and make some tea, or order something. I'm not sure if I can be arsed cooking anything. With a final glance at the guys I note that Alexa and Jace have joined, before leaving and walking back into the cold air.

*

So we ordered Chinese because we're both too lazy to cook even the simplest of meals. Now I'm left cleaning up while Jax showers. I grab two bottles of ice tea from the fridge and set them on the coffee table before finding reruns of Ghost Adventures and putting them on. Hearing the ding of the microwave I dish out the jam rolypolly and custard, taking it back into the living room.

Jax and I sit on opposite ends of the couch, under the fuzzy blanket, watching Ghost Adventures. Its nice to have my binging buddy back. Also the house feels a lot safer with him about. I don't feel as on edge when he's here.

Looking over at Jax I see his eyes are closed and his mouth is slightly open. Laughing quietly I stand up and place the blanket over him, before setting a timer on the TV to go off in an hour. I make my way upstairs and take my dressing gown off, quickly sliding into my duvet and taking my tablet, along side some paracetamol for my oncoming head ache. I set my alarm, even though I know I'll be up anyway and switch off my alarm. Might as well try and sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
208K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...
1.6K 27 27
Hailey Martin has never been one to stick out in a crowd. She's always been perfectly happy to hang out in a corner, listening to her favourite playl...