In Ruins (Dramione FF)

By IWearSneakers

((GOING THROUGH A REWRITE - BE PREPARED FOR CONFUSING TIME SKIPS AND POV CHANGES)) The war is over and our h... More

Note to Readers
The Hogwarts Express
Head Prefects
The Arrival
Dumbledore's Portrait
Yasmin Deneuve
First Day
The Quidditch Trials
Professor Trelawney's Prediction
The Library
You're Safe With Me
Betrayal
The Slug Club Party
Lonely
Like A Kid
Fixing The Wrongs
Fake Friends
Unveiling the Liars
Dumbledore's Plan
Christmas Break
The Battle Of Hogwarts
First Date
Responses
Hogsmeade
London
How could you do this?
The Trials
Beatings
The Portkey
The Return
Draco Malfoy
The Final Battle
The Wedding
Random Shiznick!!!!

Truth and Lies

65.3K 1.6K 380
By IWearSneakers

<-------------------------------------------------------------- Vote because it's in Draco's Pov!!! 

Draco's Point Of View:

I was stood in the Great Hall. Standing around me was every person I had ever met. My father stood to my right, his hand resting on my shoulder and on my left was Voldemort, his body mirroring my father's. They both surveyed me with their dead, empty eyes.

"I can make bad things happen to people who hurt me." Voldemort said and he raised his hand. I watched as certain people around the room dropped to the floor. I felt satisfaction burn inside of me as I saw the dead bodies of Weasley, Potter and Dumbledore. They lay unmoving and then the screams started as the other people in the room noticed what was happening. Slowly more people began to fall until The Dark Lord lowered his hands.

Then my father spoke. "Draco, remember we never join sides with muggles." He hissed. Guilt ate away at the inside of me as I looked up at my father.

"Of course, sir." I replied. He smiled at me as he waved his hand around the room. More people fell. McGonagall, Katie Bell and more joined their allies on the floor. I laughed as they collapsed one by one. Joining my father and the Dark Lord in their enjoyment of watching the pain inflicted on those that tried to stop us.

Eventually every person had collapsed, except one. She stood in the middle of the Hall. Her bushy hair billowed over one shoulder and her brown eyes shook as she took in the scene around her. I saw the first year streak down her cheek and I wanted nothing more than to take her into my arms and hold her gently and promise her that I would do nothing to hurt her.

But for some reason, I wanted to hurt her. I wanted to kill her and with Voldemort and my father by my side, I raised my wand and pointed it at her.

She was crying properly now, her eyes red and tears falling every second as she stared at me.

"Drake." She whispered. It was just my name, my nickname, but the way she said it made my heart turn cold. It made me feel as if any hope left for me not turning out like those that stood beside me was gone. She shook slightly before she straightened up and brushed the tears from her eyes. "Go on, do it." I took a deep breath and raised my arm again from where it had dropped to.

I couldn't do it.

Running forwards I kissed her on the forehead and she clutched me happily as the tears flowed easily.

"We don't associate with mudbloods." My father said his voice void of all emotion. I whirled around to face him but I was too slow. There was a flash of black and I was on the floor, writing in agony. I screamed for help and then, as I felt my life slipping away from me, I yelled for Hermione to forgive me.

To my surprise she shook her head. Then she started to grow, her hair turned black as it tumbled over her shoulder. She grew taller and I blinked.

My aunt stood before me. She laughed manically at my bruised form lying on the floor before me.

"You filthy mudblood-lover!" She screeched angrily and this time it was her who cast the spell. I felt the pain blossom inside of me as I trembled in pain. The last thing I saw before my eyes shut was Hermione's body laying a few bodies away from me, she had died and I never noticed. She thought I had betrayed her.

I felt something heavy pressing down on top of me and I groaned, shaking away the final bit of sleep that held me. It had all been a dream, thank Merlin. They were all still alive, as was I, and Hermione still believed I was on her side.

I let my eyes open and I discovered that the thing on top of me wasn't a thing at all, but Hermione. She stared at me, her eyes huge and she looked embarrassed with the position she was in. I sat up suddenly and Hermione let out a squeak as she turned in my lap. Without realising I had almost hurt her.

My hand hesitantly pressed against her hips and she gripped my shoulders. Her eyes met mine and she smiled at me softly. She looked beautiful when she smiled.

"Are you alright?" She whispered. I had already forgotten about the dream, it had been pushed to the back of my mind as soon as I found out Hermione had been sat in my lap.

"I am now." I mentally smacked myself as the words left my lips. I watched as Mione's expression changed and I slid my arms further around her in the hope of getting her to stay but she pushed me away.

The moment her body left mine I felt cold and I hated that I had never done anything about how I feel. I liked Hermione, I really liked her and the one chance I get I mess it up by trying to act like I usually do. She wasn't like all the other girls; she didn't like my bad boy attitude. She preferred the real me.

As she turned to go, I slid along the bed and rose up in front of her.

"I'm sorry Mione. I don't know how to be around you." I explained as I locked my eyes with hers. "This is all new to me."

"What, being with girls? I'm pretty sure you've had a lot of girls hang around with you before." She sneered and I flinched away. She was angry. She thought I was a player.

"But none like you." I said. A puzzled look crossed her face and I found myself leaning in to kiss her. My lips touched hers and she turned rigid in response. She didn't like it. I pulled away from her and she stared at me shocked.

"What've I done? You're going to hate me for sure! I'm so stupid!" I groaned as I backed away from her slowly.

"Drake what do you mean?" she inquired. The nightmare crashed back into me and I saw my aunt tormenting me in anger. Then the plan, the master plan, to bring Voldemort back and I was part of it. I was using her and she had no idea about any of it. What was I doing? I should be avoiding her if I don't want to hurt her more, not kissing her!

I turned my head away from her, determined not to let her see the tears that pricked my eyelashes. I hated crying, it was a sign of weakness and I was always punished if I cried when I was younger. My father had been training me ever since I was born, to take over after him as a Death Eater but I couldn't. I had tried but I couldn't hurt people. I couldn't kill.

"Mione, I'm so sorry!" I cried. "I've messed it all up now but I just couldn't resist when you were that close to me."

"Drake?"

"You're never going to want to speak to me ever again." I said truthfully. If she knew what I had been told to do and how well I was doing it. She shocked me when she grabbed my face and turned me to face her.

The way she looked at me made my heart soar. She was scared about me, nervous for me as she noticed the tears on my cheeks.

She let out a gasp as she exclaimed loudly. "You're crying! Why are you crying?"

I tried one last time to save her. Just seeing her stood inches away from me, I knew I wouldn't be able to refuse touching her for much longer.

"Just go." I begged and I turned my face away from her, hoping that by doing this I showed that I wanted this conversation to come to a close. "Before it's too late." I added under my breath.

She didn't respond and for a moment I thought I had won. That moment was short lived as her hand brushed across my cheek again, filling me with joy. My face was forced to face hers and I noticed her eyes searching mine. Then she kissed my cheek, removing a tear that had dripped down it just moments before. She did the same to the other and then her lips met mine.

I didn't move, determined not to show that I wanted this more than anything else. I couldn't last for long though, I found myself being drawn deeper into the kiss as her lips moved against mine. This felt amazing. The feel of her lips against mine and when she touched me softly with her hands. I had never felt anything better.

Grabbing her hips, I dragged her closer to me, wanting to feel her body against mine. I could feel her skin through her thin t-shirt and I wanted to touch it, more than anything else.

She pulled away softly. She looked embarrassed and shocked at the same time. Gazing at her, I saw her doing the same from beneath her eyelashes. I could tell that she had no idea how she made me feel. How she made passion lace through my body. I wished that she hadn't stopped. Then I wouldn't have been able to blame myself, but now that she had I couldn't stop.

"I'm sorry Draco." She started and the rest of her words were lost to me. She thought I was ashamed of kissing her. Well we couldn't be having that could we?

I ignored everything that my brain was screaming at me and I took a step forwards, bringing my lips to hers. But this time just kissing wasn't enough. Pushing her against the wall, I pressed myself against her as I kissed her hard. Running my hands up and down her back I could feel her shirt riding up slowly and the made me quiver with excitement.

Tangling one of my hands in her hair, I pulled her mouth closer to mine still and I knew this wasn't enough. Opening my mouth, I ran my tongue along her bottom lip. To my surprise, she opened her mouth straight away and I slid my tongue inside where I was greeted by her own. I could feel her fingers trailing softly across my stomach and I let out a moan as she rubbed hard against the muscles on my chest.

Our tongues danced together and I reached out to grab one of her hands in my own, just wanting to be able to be with her like a normal couple. Her other hand stroked my arm as she ran it up and down. I growled as it came close to brushing my Dark Mark and she pulled away quickly.

"Did it hurt?" She asked.

I trailed kisses down her neck as she took in some much needed breaths.

"Did it hurt?" She asked. Her voice was rasped and it turned me on knowing that I had done that to her. I bit down on her neck softly and I heard her gasp out loud. Licking it I pulled away to admire my work. The bite was just starting to darken as I looked back up to her.

"Not as much as it hurt waiting to do this." I whispered. I brought my lips crashing back to her, letting my tongue slide straight back into her open mouth, and I lifted her left leg up, hooking it around my waist so that I could get even closer to her. She tangled her hands in my hair pulling me deeper into her mouth and I felt myself exploding with happiness at how much she wanted me right now.

She pulled away and copied me by pressing kisses along my jaw and then down my neck. I bit down on my lip to stop a moan escaping but I couldn't hold it in as she found my soft spot. She licked it carefully and then started to nibble on it making me gasp at how good it felt. Then her lips found my ear lobe and she bit down on it making me moan again at how good it felt. I pressed myself against her, wanting to feel her body against mine. My hands trailed down to the edge of her shirt and that's when she pushed me away.

"Please stop." She begged breathlessly. "I've never..." She didn't need to tell me.

"You're still a virgin!" I exclaimed. I had seriously got a catch with this one. I realised how mean I sounded and I dropped a kiss on her neck as I considered my next words carefully.

"Don't worry, we'll take it slow." I dropped another kiss on her lips before stepping away. She had no idea how hard this was for me. I wanted nothing more than to stay here kissing her all day.

"Thank you." She whispered as I walked back to my bed. I heard the door open and close and. A few minutes later the shower came on in the next room. I could do with a shower right now. I was feeling pretty hot right now.

As soon as Hermione had gotten out of the shower, I got in. Turning the temperature down, I let the cold water pour over my skin jerking me awake and making me discover just how good Hermione made me feel.

10 minutes later, I was out and getting changed into my robes. After checking that I had my ring, I slipped out of the common room and down the stairs to the Great Hall. Walking in, my vision blurred slightly as a ghostly image of my dream seemed to cover the scene that was laid before me. I could see them all so clearly and I had to wave my arms at either side of me, just to ensure that my father and the Dark Lord were not stood beside me for real.

As soon as I was content, I made my way over to the Slytherin table and I took a seat at the top end away from everyone else. I could see Pansy, Blaise and Goyle whispering about me but I pushed it aside as I focused on the entrance to the Hall.

Hermione was one of the last people to enter the Hall. Her eyes met mine and I could see her blush from my seat across the room. I smiled. Her hair, I noticed, was brushed to one side hiding the bruise that I had given her. Rising to my feet, I was about to walk across to her when she shook her head. She didn't want to sit with me today. Sinking back to my seat, I rested my head in my hands as she sat down.

Breakfast was rather boring and it was not until after I had left that something interesting happened. I was stood to one side of the passage outside of the Great Hall when I spotted Hermione and her friends leave. She and Weasley were obviously having an argument and as they saw me, Weasley smirked. I watched him say something to Hermione and she shook her head in disbelief before heading over to me.

I didn't know what she wanted and I glanced around to see if Goyle was nearby. I spotted him further up the corridor. He was, of course, watching me.

She stopped in front of me and scrutinized me for a moment before speaking. "Draco."

"What?"

"W-Wou-" She stopped and I looked at her in confusion.

"What's wrong Mione?"

"Drake." She started before she was interrupted by the crowd around us. Stupid emotional girls.

"Drake." She repeated louder. "Would you like to accompany me to Slughorn's party tonight? We're allowed to invite someone so-"

I kissed her again. That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For a moment, I thought that she knew about my mission - not that I wanted to do it, I couldn't help that I was falling in love with Mione. No! I mean that I liked Mione. She was a great girl but love? I didn't believe in love. I was brought up not to believe in it.

I pulled away, just to whisper that I would love to go with her, and then I pulled her back into a kiss. Drawing her into my arms, I let my mouth open softly to let her in as she grabbed my hand with hers. Suddenly she pulled away.

I was confused by her actions and I watched as her eyes glazed over while she called up a memory.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There’s something I've forgotten." She muttered quietly. "Harry!" She yelled making me jump with fright. Dropping a kiss on my cheek she turned and ran, grabbing Harry as she did so. What was wrong with her? Everyone stared at me as I pulled myself together and marched away down the hallway towards my first lesson - potions.

I didn't see Hermione for the rest of the day, which was strange considering I had three classes with her.

I was on my way to the party when I was pulled to one side by Goyle. Immediately, I pulled my wand out but it turns out that he didn't want to hurt me as he raised his hands to show that he wasn't here to fight.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Tell you what?"

"About the plan! You could have told me! I could have helped you get her and I wouldn't have beaten you up if I knew about the plan!" He complained indignantly. How did he know about that?

"But Fenrir said it was to be a secret." I lied. I hadn't wanted to tell him, and then he would have made sure I went all the way through with it. Not just some of the way.

"Yeah well Fenrir isn't here trying to win over some filthy mudblood." Goyle laughed and I resisted the urge to punch him for calling her that. There was nothing filthy about her. "I heard rumours that you already have her wrapped around your little finger?" He laughed again. "What's this I hear about you and her going all the way?"

"We didn't go all the way..." I retorted. Then I realised what I had said.

"Oh but you went some of the way!" Goyle exclaimed catching on immediately.

"It was just for the plan." I lied. I had to lie. If not, he would know that I liked her and then they would kill her.

"What would happen if I told the mudblood about the plan?" Goyle teased.

"You wouldn't!" I exclaimed. If he told her, I would lose her! I don't know what I would do then.

"What plan?" I heard her voice and my heart stopped. Whirling around I saw her stood before us, the invisibility cloak hanging from her hands. How much had she heard, maybe I could lie my way through it as long as Goyle didn't-

"Did he not tell you, darling Granger?" He sneered.

"Shut up." I ordered, glaring at Goyle angrily.

"Tell me what?" Why did she say that? I could have fixed everything but now, now Goyle would tell her.

"He doesn’t love you. Who could love you? You're a mudblood!" Goyle said harshly.

"That’s a lie." She laughed. I couldn't bring myself to laugh with her. It was over.

"But don't you see; it was all part of a plan." Goyle taunted. "He had to make you fall in love with him, to split up the Golden Trio so that the Dark Lord can return." When he put it like that, it sounded so cruel and, by the look in Hermione's face, Goyle's words had had the intended effect.

"Drake?" She whispered. Her words were barely audible as the tears started to trickle down her face. "Drake, please tell me it's not true."

"I'm sorry." it was the only thing I could bring myself to say, anything else would be an insult to what had happened between us.

I watched helplessly as she turned and ran.

"Ha ha ha ha." Goyle snorted stupidly. "The look on that mudblood's face when you said you were sorry!" He laughed again and I couldn't take it anymore. Spinning around I head-butted him in the stomach. It took him a minute to realise what had happened and then he flung himself on top of me, pining me to the ground as he flung punch after punch my way. I lay there accepting them all, each of them punishment for what I had done to Hermione.

I don't know how long I had been out, but when I woke up I was in the infirmary and Madam Pomfrey was stood over me.

"What's the time?" I moaned holding my head.

"It's just after 2 in the morning." She said kindly. I swore and tried to climb out of the bed but he pushed me back down. "No you need to stay here for the rest of the night." She insisted. I thought about Hermione and I knew that I needed to get to her as soon as possible to apologise.

"Now I just need to go get some more medicine for you." She walked away and as soon as she had entered her office I was swinging myself out of the bed and sliding my feet into my shoes. Grabbing my wand off the bedside table, I stumbled across the room and out the door.

I made my way down to the Dungeons and followed the music until I found the right one. The party was still in full swing and there was a lot more people here than I had originally thought.

I started to push through the crowd and then I spotted Lovegood stood staring at someone. Moving to my right, I saw that that someone was Mione. She looked stunning in a dress of dark green with her hair pulled up elegantly in a bun with curls cascading down. I hadn't seen it before but I wish I had. I watched her for a moment, wishing that I was the guy she was dancing with. She looked so happy. Instantaneously, she kissed him. I froze. She was kissing him!

Anger filled me as I started to push my way towards them. Luna saw me and she disappeared into the crowd but I ignored her, all that mattered was Hermione. Just before I reached her, she was dragged off by Weasel and I let out a cry of dismay.

"You shouldn't be here." I turned to see Yasmin stood before me. I hadn't spoken to her much. I knew that she and Weasley were together which is why I never bothered but she seemed okay. "You should just forget about her Draco, you broke her heart and now you don't need her anymore. I’m sure your father wouldn't be very happy if he knew what you were up to." She threatened. I stared at her in shock. She couldn't know... "All I'm saying is pick carefully."

She turned and skipped away with me staring after her. I shook my head, I would think about this later. Right now I needed to find Mione.

Pushing through the crowds I spotted her up ahead dancing with Weasley and I called her name as I drew closer.

"Unicorn Balls." Weasley muttered as he turned to face me. "Go away Malfoy."

"Not until I've spoken to Hermione." I insisted.

"Aww, that's so romantic Drake!" Hermione squealed from behind Weasley. "You know, I always thought you were good-looking. Apart from your gelled back hair, I always hated that." I made a mental note to self to never gel my hair back again.

"What's wrong with her?" I inquired worriedly as Weasley slapped his hand to his forehead.

"Some spiked the punch and Hermione had a little bit too much to drink." Weasley informed me.

"I knew she didn't like that Seamus guy!" I exclaimed happily.

"Oh you're talking about Seamus? I love Seamus! He spent all night with me to help me get over some jerk!" I flinched shocked. It was my fault she had kissed Seamus. What had I done? She scrunched up her face which looked so cute on her and then she looked shocked.

"Wait you're the jerk! Why would you do that to me?"

"Mione, listen-"

"I don't talk to jerks. Especially not ones that break my heart!" Hermione growled angrily.

"What?" I exclaimed. Did that mean she loved me?

"I need to go find Seamus!" She said suddenly. I felt something click inside of me and before I knew it, I was drawing my wand and pointing it under Weasley's arm at Hermione. Instantly, they both drew their own wands and aimed them at me.

"Don't go find Seamus." I said sternly.

"Don't order her around!" Weasley shouted. That was the last thing I heard before something collided with my stomach and I was thrown backwards. I hit the wall and blacked out once more.

 ***

I think this is long but I don't know until I post it...... So enjoy and erm.... Lets do 14 votes? It's a drop from last chapter but that took you all a while.... I hope you liked it and check out the new website for my joint account with coolerthanme - prettylittlestorm.weebly.com It's amazing and It'll keep you up to date on everything!!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 333 13
Please leave a comment and vote to let me know what you think of the story! <3 _________________________________________ Hermione and her friends re...
364 79 11
[Draco Malfoy x female MC] **PREVIOUSLY TITLED LOVE IS MAE** It's been eleven years since the Battle of Hogwarts, eleven years since Mae Pond last se...
21.9K 509 15
WARNING: Graphic depictions of suicidal ideation, self harm, and depression The battle of Hogwarts is over and students have returned to finish their...
18.3K 376 38
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...