What a pack of lies.

By TTSADW

Lauren has been lied to her whole life. She's just turned 18, and the secret of who she actually is has been... More

Chapter 1 - Everything still seemed normal.
Chapter 2 - And I thought things were bad already.
Chapter 3 - Oh I do love my fridge!
Chapter 4 - Unexpected Surprises.
Chapter 5 - Writing on the walls, or arms as the case may be.
Chapter 6 - The night before the morning after.
Chapter 7 - The morning after the night before.
Chapter 8 - The secret that he kept.
Chapter 9 - Surprise Surprise.
Chapter 10 - Who's who and what's what?
Chapter 11 - Decisions decisions decisions.
Chapter 12 - Talk of the town, or school.
Chapter 13 - The true meaning of friendship.
Chapter 14 - Quality time.
Chapter 15 - TV time.
Chapter 16 - Lies and Secrets.
Chapter 17 - Negotiations.
Chapter 18 - Ch-ch-changes.
Chapter 20 - Burnt eggs

Chapter 19 - The Dog days are over.

128 3 0
By TTSADW

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Hello Wattpaders!! How are you all?! Sorry it's been so long, I've had exams, confirmations and life in general, so I haven't had time to write plus I did not have a clue how i was going to write this chapter or what was going to happen in this chapter, but here it is, so enjoy!! ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 19 - The Dog days are over."

Lauren's POV

As the words left Matt's mouth I didn't believe him, I couldn't, but the emotions on his face made it seem true. What he'd said was unbelievable, but I had to believe what he'd said his expression and voice. So I looked down, I couldn't not.

I looked at my arms and at my hands, then my nails. It was horrible, I feel back in my seat dumbstruck and frightened of myself. My nails had grown to about three inches like Matt had said, my hands had become larger and slightly more hair had grown on the back of them, and was increasing every second, my wrists had just started to get bigger and become hairy, but all up my arms were black veins under my skin pulsing and increasing in size. I looked down at my legs, the same thing was happening to them too, big black veins were forming under my skin.

I was scared, scared for me, for my life, what if I was dying with some awful disease? What are people going to do when they see me? Oh gosh, Matt is sitting right there and I'm in a restaurant full of strangers, and I look like some sort of monster. What if I do die? What should I do? Where should I hide? People will be scared. What if no one helps me? What if s-

My thoughts were interrupted when a reassuring hand came to rest on my shoulder, it was Matt.

"Come on, we'd better get you out of here before people notice. Put I jacket on." He whispered into my ear.

He handed me his jacket and I put it on quickly, desperate to hide my exposed flesh.

"I'm terribly sorry, but my girlfriend and I will have to be leaving, she is feeling unwell, so I must take her home at once. Sorry for any inconvenience, here take this for any trouble we may have caused." I heard Matt say in such an elegant and posh voice, pronouncing every letter correctly.

"Um, it's okay, don't worry." I heard the waitress say, "I hope she gets well soon, that you for your kind token."

I saw Matt nod his head in acknowledgement and then quickly rush back over to me. I was glad I had worn a skirt to my knees, at least only half of my legs could be seen.

"Come on, lets go, quickly." Matt hurried me towards the door.

We scurried across the restaurant to the door, Matt opened it quickly, we ran from the restaurant to Matt's car, I just kept my head down, whilst Matt had encircled me in his arms for protection or just to hide me from everyone's view.

Matt opened the passenger door for me and I got in quickly, he slammed the door shut and speedily ran round to his side of the car, as he did so I put my seat belt on.

Matt bundled into his side of the car, put his seat belt on, turned the engine on and started to drive.

I didn't know where we were headed at first, but then I realised we were on route to Matt's house.

"Are we going to your house?" I asked Matt puzzled.

"Yeah, you need to be somewhere safe, somewhere I trust and so do you, somewhere I know no one can randomly walk in to, basically my house, but more likely it's garden." Matt said rambling on.

"Okay." I replied, I was still worried, but Matt looked like nothing was wrong, like everything was fine. "What's wrong with me? Why aren't you scared?" I asked, it was more of a thought, but I was thinking aloud, again.

"Look Lauren, I will explain it to you when we get to my house, just let me concentrate." Matt snapped at me, although he had looked fine he was obviously just as stressed out as I was, maybe even more, if that was even possible.

----------

One short strained car journey later Matt pulled to a stop on his drive, it was dark as there were no street lights, so I was in no hurry to get out of the car, but Matt kept looking around, even though there was no one around.

"Hurry up!" Matt hissed at me, "Look at you, if someone sees you they'll call the police straight away, you look like a freak!" He spat at me.

I'm those words my heart tore apart, it burst, the one person I had got to know because I wanted to, the one person I trusted because I wanted to, the one person I loved, the first person I'd ever kissed; he was so cruel, it split my heart into a thousand pieces, I felt so alone and exposed. Was there no one I could actually trust?

As I looked over at Matt I saw his expression, it had changed to one of shock, I don't know why though, I hadn't done anything to him, it was quite the opposite.

"You've, you've changed, already." Matt stuttered as he staggered backwards.

No I haven't, what was he talking about? I heard myself think, but I couldn't speak, what was happening to me, I really was not liking whatever this disease or illness was doing to me.

"Lauren, i know your confused and scared and you don't know what going on, but if you look down at your, at your paws, you may understand slightly." Matt tried to explain simply, but paws? Really how is that possi-

I cut short my own thoughts as I looked down, my feet had gone, my whole body had changed, I was like a giant dog, or wolf. Oh, I see what's happening, this is a nightmare, I must be dreaming. I strolled over to Matt, he was gobsmacked.

"Lauren, your taking this, um well?" He fumbled for the right words. "Okay Lauren, we're going to go inside, and I'll help you to change back, alright?"

I didn't reply as I knew I couldn't, he just shook his head and opened his front door, he slid out of the way for me to go in, I want past him and sat in the hall.

"Okay, I'm going to help you, just do what I say, okay?" Matt said as he close the door and walked round to kneel in front of me.

I just sat and stared at him.

"Okay, just relax, think of the best moment of your life, the happiest you've ever been, then picture you in that moment, you standing there as a human. Then you will change back, okay?" Matt said looking into my eyes.

I nodded my head, I pictured the kiss me and Matt had exchanged a few nights ago, I felt so happy in that moment, I was remembering the way he made me feel, how gentle and kind he was, then I pictured me in what I I was wearing that night, and how I pictured I looked in that moment.

All of a sudden I felt cold, Matt looked at me, he looked pleased and then said, "Your back." He then walked off into the front room.

He returned a few seconds later with a blanket, he wrapped it around my shoulders, it confused me, how could he have know I was cold?

"How did you know I was cold?" I asked being confused like I normally was.

"The lack of clothing, the bare skin you have? That told me, and I thought you wouldn't have wanted to be that exposed." Matt said wit a smirk on his face.

I looked down under the blanket, I was completely naked, this was so embarrassing, I looked back up at Matt, he started to laugh when he saw the look on my face, I must have been completely red.

"Don't look so embarrassed, you have nothin to be embarrassed about, you look good, really good." Matt said as his eyes glazed over obviously remembering what he'd seen on me.

I stood up and slapped his arm, "Stop being disgusting, I expected more from you sir, I was in need, you should not have been checking me out." I said mocking disgust.

"I couldn't help myself, what is a man to do? But anyway, did you know you were a werewolf then?" Matt said casually.

"I'm a what?" I shrieked.

"Obviously not then." Matt said as he took my hand and lead me into the front room, we sat on the sofa, and Matt got all serious. "Okay I will explain it to you, you are a werewolf, you were not bitten, you don't eat people or kill people, and your parents and most of the people at your school are werewolves." Matt said like it was most normal thing in the world.

"Uh." Was all I could manage to say.

"It's okay don't worry, your family will help you, and your friends, and me." Matt reassuringly whispered into my ear as he rubbed circles on my back.

"Okay, I assume your a werewolf too then, seen as you know about them." I said to him, I leant on his shoulder, I was scared, even more scared then I was when I had the black veins all over me, I wasn't human, I was a different species, everything I knew about myself was wrong.

"Yeah, I'm like you, different, a freak, two freaks together." Matt said smiling like it was some kind of joke.

"I don't think it's funny Matt, my whole life was a lie." I started to tear up, until I started to cry properly. Matt put his arm around me, I turned into his shoulder, we sat there like that for what felt like hours until we both fell asleep.

********************

Yes the title came to mind because of Florence + The Machine, I love her music!! :D ~ Rebecca

What will happen because Lauren didn't go home? What will happen between Lauren and Matt? How will Lauren react to her life as a werewolf? Will she tell her friends? How would they react? How will she tell her parents? How will her parents react? Keep reading to find out what will happen next in 'What a pack of lies.'

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...