The Destiny I Thought To Avoi...

Por emblemer_chadwick29

Mais

The Destiny I Thought To Avoid: Adam Levine Fan Fic
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter One

442 14 1
Por emblemer_chadwick29

Adam's POV

"Baby, come on." 

"No! Adam, I am done. I'm so out of here." April, the girl I thought was "the one", got all of her things and walked right out the door. 

I sit on my bed, thinking about her laying beside me just this morning. I sigh, as I bunch the covers up under my fists and yell. She was the best thing that had ever happened to me. But, I am hoping there will be another April out there as I take a quick shower, and get dressed. Today is all focused on trying to forget about a girl who probably would've forgotten about me and left anyway. I grab my phone, and I head out to be Adam Levine. No emotions or anything. Just a pop superstar. 

Kristy's POV

"Daddy, come on. It's just a concert." I half whine at my father. 

"Well, I don't want you to go to a random concert in L.A. all by yourself. No, it's not going to happen." he folds his arms across his chest. 

"What if I went with Alex. Or Kelsey? What if we made it a best friends road trip? Then would you let me go?"  I proposition. 

"When would you leave?" he looks at me broodingly. 

"We would leave tomorrow. So, we could get to L.A. in time to get our bearings and get to the concert." My phone vibrates in my pocket, but I ignore it. 

"Ok. But, let's check with your friend's parents, to make sure that it's ok with them." I squeal and I hug him tightly. 

"I better go get packed. I'm gonna call Kelsey and Alex right now!" I run up the stairs, my pajama bottoms brushing the stairs, as I ascend to my room. 

I look at my phone, and it's a text from Kelsey. "I can go," she says, with a smiley picture of her and her open suitcase. Now, to text Alex and make sure he can come. As soon as I send the text, I look up and I see my old boyfriend, Cam walking up my driveway. I run down the stairs and to the front door, meeting him out on the porch. 

"Cam, what are you doing here?" I ask, closing the door behind me. 

"I heard you were going to a concert. I wanted to come along." he smiles and wraps an arm around my waist. 

"You can't. My dad doesn't know that you want to come and I bet he wouldn't want you to come." I push myself away from him. Just being close to him making my knees go slightly weak. 

"Well, why don't we ask him? He's just inside." He reaches to open the door, and I put my hand over his. 

"No. You can't come. This is something that I want to do with my friends." 

"What? We aren't friends?" he feigns hurt, "That's not fair." 

"Yeah, well life isn't fair," I say, turning to go back into the house. 

He spins me around and kisses me before I have any time to protest. I pull away from him, looking at him confusedly. 

"I gotta go. You can't come." I turn around and close the door shut behind me. 

I exhale and slump against the front door, closing my eyes, and having that feeling of his lips pressed against mine. I go back up to my home to prep for my road trip tomorrow, and to get my mind off of Cam's impromptu kiss at my door. He can't come, I think to myself. It can't happen. 

Adam's POV

I go out for my morning run, and I see about twenty paparazzi. Let them take their pictures. There is going to be a headline about it in all the tabloids anyway. The big concert is soon to kick off another one of our tours and I can't wait. It's a sold out concert, and everything is going to be super fun and amazing. Our fans are the greatest. They are always there for us, and they are the greatest support. I get into a zone, and put my earbuds into my ears, setting a standard pace, and going nice and smooth. It's a beautiful day, and it feels nice to be uninterrupted while I run. 

The brisk wind hits my face, and brushes past me, and I see the bushes rustle and a camera lens pokes out. They really need to be more descreet about these kinds of things. I flash a smile and the guy looks up at me, as though he thought he was invisible. I laugh and keep running through the breeze that seems to be carrying me away with it. 

I run so far that I am in the city, stopping by the cafe I try to stop by whenever I go out for a run. 

"Hey Adam!" the barista calls to me. 

"Hey Carrie. Let's get the usual today." I say, knocking on the counter, and handing them my card. 

"Not feeling very adventureous today?" she says. 

"Yeah. It's just been a hard-ish week. I just need my usual, please." I slide my sunglasses up on my head, and she smiles at me. 

"Ok. I won't ask." she makes my coffee and grabs my spinach wrap, and gives them to me. 

"Is my table open?" I ask.

"Yep. Right over there. Right near the window like always." 

"Thanks." I sit down at my table and eat my normal breakfast, my legs getting the familiar ache that they normally do when I sit down after a run. My morning routine is the only concrete thing in my life right now. But, I push those thoughts out of my mind as I eat the rest of my bagel and drink the rest of my coffee. 

Kristy's POV

I go out to the driveway, grinning as Alex's car pulls into the driveway. I can't wait for this roadtrip. He pops the trunk open for me and helps me with my bag, pulling me into a tight hug. I smile at him, and go back to the porch.

"I will call you as soon as we get into town. Ok, Papa?" his cheeks are red, and he doesn't look me in the eyes.

"Yes. That's fine." he finally looks up at me, and he smiles.

"Thank you for letting me go on this trip. Papa. I love you." I hug him. 

"I love you to the moon and back, sweetie." I stiffen in his arms, remembering my mother's words that she used to utter to me ever night before I went to bed, "I got a snack bag for you." 

"Thanks, Papa." I smile. 

"And there's some money stashed away somewhere in your bag or on your body for you to spend on souvieners and whatever else." 

"I bet it's in my phone case." I slide my phone away from my case and there is the money, nestled tightly. 

"Good guess." my dad kisses my cheek, and I hug him one more time before heading to sit in the front seat that is already reserved for me. 

Then, we are off to L.A. the first roadtrip that I have taken without my Papa. I smile at the thought, and look at Alex.

"How've you been?" I ask, softly since Kelsey is asleep in the backseat.

"I've been ok. Chelsea, my girlfriend, dumped me last week I think. I didn't want to tell anybody because I didn't want to get fake sympathy. Plus, it's not the greatest. Getting dumped by a girl that you gave you're whole heart to."  He looks at me quickly, and shrugs.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I know how special she was to you." I never had anybody special like that. Except Cam.

"How did you get through it?" he looks at me now, his eyes so prodding and ready to absorb any information that I can give.

"I cried for a while. I told you guys. Then, I ate a tub of ice cream and told myself that after a midnight showing of "The Notebook" that I would not let myself think about it anymore. And I didn't."

"It must be easy. To make a promise to yourself."

"Not really. I mean, there is so much that you just want to forget because you don't want to deal with it. But, there are some things that you have to face."

"How philisopichal of you." he jokes.

"I try." I smile back and we spend the whole ride like this. With us, joking back and forth. Laughing, and putting the top down on his convertible, and having my hair blow with the wind. Perfect, and breathtaking at the same time.

Adam's POV

After my morning run, I hop into the shower, washing away all of the sweat that has settled on my skin. The hot water steams around me, making my own little moisture cloud. As I start to shampoo my hair, I think of something. A song, that we preformed.

 "Sunday morning, rain is falling," I start to  sing, instincitvely, "Steal some covers share some skin. Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable, you twist to fit the mold that I am in." It makes me think of April. The way she would lay next to me in bed, and I would sing it softly to her until we both fell asleep, "But, things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do, and I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew, that someday it would bring me back to you. That someday it would lead me back to you." 

I turn off the shower, and I wrap a towel around my waist, wiping the foggy glass with one hand, and looking at myself in the mirror. The tattoos that cover my body seem to glisten with the water that has seemed to bead up over them. I smile, and open the door to leave the bathroom. Another day, with the band that is a sensation everywhere, and another day with a super popstar and his broken heart. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

121K 3.9K 79
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
503K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
135K 3.7K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...