Lab Rats:Two world's (on hold)

By bionic_mermaid

How do you balance a bionic world with a mermaid world? Two World's collide, for the better? Or for the... More

1.Meeting the Davenports
2.Nightmares and Onion Smoothies
3. Returning faces
4. Discovery
5.Uninvited guest
A/N
Another author's note
6. Merman all along?
7. Problems

8. Bionic

543 21 6
By bionic_mermaid

"Hey!" I greeted the Davenport's as I walked into their house as if it was mine. Chase looked up from the sofa, he smiled warmly. He was the only one in the living room, everyone was else where in the house, probably the lab.

"Hey Chase." I sat next to him, I looked around my surroundings and looked back at Chase.

"How are you feeling?" I whispered to Chase, he knew I meant his bruise on his chest. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry Sophia, I can handle it, no need to whisper, I'm fine." I looked at Chase unsurely.

"Okay, okay..." I said.

"Chase, I've been wanting to ask you something." He looked at me. Should I tell him?

"I...I have been having these dreams.." I softly said looking down, he furrowed his eyebrows and his hand went up to my chin, making me look straight in his eyes.

"What's going on?" He said curiously.

"Every time I have a dream, I'm either crying, or screaming to some person not to leave me alone." I said confused by the thought. Chase looked confused too.

"Chase I think I'm seeing my future." I said straight forward.

"Sophia, when did you start having these dreams?" Chase questioned.

"A while back, I don't remember exactly, can you help me figure this out?" I asked Chase with pleading eyes.

"I could try and record your sleeping patterns while your sleeping, and Davenport just unlocked a new ability for me, I'm able to go into other peoples mind, I can see what you see if you let me."

"Yes of course, I want to stop these dreams, they're starting to freak me out."  Chase nodded.

"Let's go to the lab." Chase extended his hand to me, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me along to the lab. We found Davenport working on something on his cyber desk, clearly he was getting frustrated.

"Davenport, what are you doing?" Chase asked, Davenport got startled and dropped his things to the floor, he grunted before he looked over at us and raised an eyebrow, looking at our hands.

"I should be asking you that question, love birds." He said stretching out the "love birds" part, I didn't realize that Chase was still holding my hand, I quickly pulled my hand away and smiled at Davenport.

"Mr. Davenport, just answer my question." Chase said annoyed. Davenport rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breathe.

"Those blood samples I took from Sophia, I found something odd with it." I looked up alarmed.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"No, not at all, it's just interesting, your blood changes color, it's red when your in human form and blue when you're in mermaid form." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why?" 

"Because when you're a mermaid you have gill like lungs and you take in oxygen a different way humans do, your lungs can take in water and use it as oxygen, while us humans can't, or I'm guessing that's how it works, I've never studied mermaids until you showed up." I laughed slightly at Davenport.

I felt a pain in my side, I groaned and bent over, I quickly looked at Chase to see a pained expression on his face and saw Krane standing right behind him, Krane attacked Chase and I felt everything he felt, how did Krane get here?

"Krane what are you doing here?!" Davenport exclaimed.

"I'm just giving my friends a little visit." He spat. Davenport looked at me.

"What did you do to Sophia?" He said worried.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." He grinned.

"Mr. Davenport, take care of Sophia, I'll take care of Krane." Chase said and went after him, dodging his attacks with his force fields and then changing his force fields into attack spheres. Davenport ran over to the cyber desk calling Adam, Bree, and Leo to get down here and help Chase. Davenport then came forwards me.

"Sophia are you alright?" I laid on the floor and turned to look at Davenport.

"Yea, I'm fine." I replied.

"I don't understand, Krane didn't touch you, how are you hurt?" He said confused. I debated on whether to tell Davenport that I was linked to Chase.

"Davenport, I'm linked to Chase, you said we weren't but recently I got attacked at the moon pool and it affected Chase too, why do you think I just randomly fell over the minute Chase got hit by Krane?Whatever happens to him, happens to me, and whatever happens to me, happens to him." I explained to Davenport.

"Why didn't you tell me?! I could of figured out a way to un-link you guys!" Davenport exclaimed. I heard clapping behind Davenport, we both turned around to find Krane clapping, while the siblings were sprawled on the floor, barely moving, I could feel the pain Chase was feeling, a numb feeling was coursing through out my body.

"You figured out the puzzle, you're correct, if Chase gets hurt, so do you, it goes the other way too. It's killing 2 birds with one stone."Krane said sickly.

"That was your plan? To kill the both of us?" I said faintly, darkness was starting to approach, I can feel myself about to pass out.

"Obviously, I don't know what in the world you are, I can't fight you with bionics, knowing your way more powerful than me, than there's Chase, I know his power, I know what he's capable of, but I don't know what your capable of....so I linked your life to Chase's, if he dies, which he will, you'll die along with Chase, makes a cute love story don't you think?" He said smirking. I shook my head, not wanting this for Chase, I looked at the siblings on the floor, they were barely moving. 

"When did you link me to Chase? How did you link us?" I said.

"Remember last time? When I tried to kill Bree?" He said. I nodded, I don't want to remember that day ever again, that was the day I witnessed my best friend's death, the amount of pain I felt was unbelievable, some how, I healed her and she came back to life.

"While you were too busy screaming for your best friend, I injected a bionic chip into you, I didn't activate it yet until recently, it's the same exact chip as Chase's, that's how I linked you." He explained. I looked shocked at him.

"Are you saying she's bionic?" Davenport asked.

"Yes, I am." Replied Krane. Those were the last words I heard before I passed out, hearing a gasp from the bionic family afterwards.

"Krane is such a drama queen, he just appeared out of nowhere just to tell us that Sophia is bionic and attacked us while he was at it too?" I heard Bree's voice say. I fluttered my eyes open.

"That's stupid". Adam randomly said.

"I just can't believe Sophia has the same bionic chip as Chase, and that's how they're connected, Krane must have added a linking app to her chip." Davenport said. I sat up from the sofa.

"Sophia, you all alright?" Chase asked worried. 

"I'm fine, I'm just annoyed with this whole situation, Krane is being a pain, thank god Zac is being a good boy lately". I said kinda pissed.

"Sophia...what do you think of having a bionic chip?" Davenport said, fearing my answer.

"I don't want it." I said, looking at the sibling, they nodded their heads understanding my choice.

"Why? Krane must be blind, he only made you stronger giving you a bionic chip, your mermaid powers combined with your bionic powers will you make unstoppable." Davenport said.

"That does make sense, I don't want this bionic chip because then if I get hurt so does Chase and I don't want that." Davenport agreed with me.

"Wait, Sophia I don't care what happens to me, keep the chip, at least until Krane is defeated, because then that way he would be able to be beaten faster, he gave us an advantage implanting you with that chip, and me being hurt is a risk I'm willing to take." Chase said making a point.

"You make a good point," I said agreeing with Chase.

"But then that means Sophia is gonna go through training." Leo said.

"Yea, we don't have time for that! Krane can attack whenever he pleases, maybe even tomorrow he'll decide to strike again!" Bree exclaimed. 

"I have an idea." Davenport said before being interrupted.

"What is it!" Adam yelled. Davenport looked at him annoyed.

"Well, I was gonna say what it was but you oh so rudely cut me off." Davenport yelled back.

"Well maybe you should have said it faster!" Adam yelled again, quickly after Adam and Davenport started to bicker to each other.

"Enough!" Leo raised his voice at them.

"Okay fine." Davenport said like a little child. Sometimes I wonder if he's really a 4 year old stuck in a 40 year olds body.

"My plan was to also link Sophia's and Chase's brains together." 

"Isn't that dangerous?" Chase said. Davenport took a deep breathe, obviously frustrated with being interrupted again.

"Yes, it can be, but I'm only connecting Chase's knowledge of bionics and combat to Sophia, then that way Sophia will know everything Chase knows without Sophia going through training." 

"That's brilliant!" Chase said.

"Of course it is." Davenport said gloating.

"We can get it done as easy as in the next hour." Davenport said.

"I just can't believe I had to go through actual training when you could have done the same thing to me." Leo muttered. I turned around to him.

"Leo, you're keeping your bionics, mine are temporary." I tried to reason with Leo knowing he's a stubborn little boy.

"Okay, let's go." Davenport said leading us to the lab. I sat in a chair and Chase did the same, Davenport stuck some wires to my head and Chase's, afterwards putting these type of headphones on our heads.

"This isn't gonna hurt right?" I asked Davenport.

"Sure you can say that." Davenport laughed like a maniac. I gave him a weird look and closed my eyes a second later. I heard the sound of the machine go off, and I start to feel a strange feeling surge through my brain, a second later images of training lessons with Davenport entered through my brain. I opened my eyes and it was over. It wasn't so bad, I just felt a tingle.

"So did it work?" Bree asked excited.

"I don't know lets find out, Adam hit her." Davenport ordered him.

"I don't hit girls, but I make an exception for Chase." I glared at Adam for his response.

"Just hit me!" I yelled. Adam targeted his heat vision to me and I suddenly formed a force field making his attack bounce off and hit Adam instead, Adam grunted when he was hit. 

"It worked!" I said shocked, it just happened.

"Good job Sophia!" Bree gave me a high five, clearly proud that I hit Adam.

"So basically, Sophia is a copy of me?" Chase said realization hit him.

"Yes, she has super smarts, and your knowledge of bionics and fighting." Davenport said.

"Great." Chase huffed.

"What's wrong?" I asked Chase, everyone else left after that knowing to give us space to talk.

"Nothing is wrong, it's just that now I know you're stronger than me." Chase said.

"Not to be rude, but wasn't I always?" I said. Chase glared at me.

"Yea but bionics are my thing." I stared at him shocked, did those words seriously leave his mouth?

"I can't believe you Chase, It was your idea to have me keep the chip and you agreed to Davenport linking our brains together."  Chase sighed, realizing I was right.

"I'm sorry Sophia, I don't know why I said that, it was extremely rude." Chase apologized.

"It's okay, it is after all temporary." I smiled at him. 

"So? Mind telling me about those dreams?" Chase asked, it must have been just me but I felt like something was off with Chase.

"It's fine, it's nothing." I said quickly before leaving to go home. I left Chase looking confused like he did something wrong asking that question. I said good bye to the Davenports and left.

"I can't believe i'm seeing you again." I said tears spilling down my face.

"You have to go back." 

I updated! Im not dead! Haha, Im very sorry when I said I was gonna update every week but from now on, I'm gonna tell you guys that there's gonna be slow updates due to school and everyday life.

Now what do ya'll think is happening with Sophia's dreams and Chase's sudden odd behavior? 

Xoxo, Ari :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 137 17
Her life's more than crazy, it's insane. She's got no one to go to after her enemies blow up her home...except to her enemies. She'd rather be with...
223 16 19
In the under water world, their lived mermaid's and merman's, they avoided humans at all costs but 6 merman's we're very interested about the human w...
3.4K 215 31
Bree Davenport was excited for a new life on the Bionic Island. Well, sort of. Her best friend was still on the mainland, and her very own brother ba...
21.5K 911 24
They are from different worlds. She is a cheerleader, and he is a nerd. They are totally different, but told that opposites attract. Will a things ca...