Dangerous Love

By irissuave

Rose Montgomery, 18, is thrust into the dangerous life of gangs after she catches the eye of the most danger... More

Dangerous Love (Watty Awards 2011)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (part 1)
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (part 1)
Chapter 18 (part 2)
Chapter 19
chapter 20 ~ FINAL CHAPTER

Chapter 11

102K 1.8K 296
By irissuave

Chapter 11

“I’ve changed my mind, Rose.” Jay said to me, shaking his head.

I raised an eyebrow. “What? No. I’m going to do it, Jay.”

I saw Jay had some lip gloss on his lips from our recent make out session and I rubbed it away with my thumb.  Why would he suddenly change his mind? It’s my chance to finally get revenge on Christopher for all the bad stuff he has done to me. He deserved it.

“I don’t want you in the middle of this. You could get hurt if things don’t go as they planned.” He added, stubbornly. We were still in my bed however I looked like crap with my wavy brown hair all over the place and my top all wrinkled from making out with Jay on the bed. 

“I’m doing it no matter what you say, Jay.” I stared at him and he stared back without flinching. After a few seconds of realizing I was serious he sighed, frustrated. 

“I should’ve never brought it up. Its too big of a risk. You have no idea how I would feel if something happened to you.” He grabbed my hand, making little swirls on my skin with his thumb.

I smiled, proud that I achieved my goal. “Nothing will happen to me, Jay.”

“If you think he suspects something--”

“--I’ll be sure to tell you.” I commented, trying to calm him down.

He chuckled. “I wont ever be able to convince you not to will I?”

I shook my head, laughing. “Not a chance.”

Jay brought me closer to him and covered his mouth with mine in a sweet kiss. I responded immediately, happy. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than I could have imagined. He tasted tentatively with his tongue, and I opened my mouth with a low moan but had to push him away. I was sure that if I didn’t stop him now I would never stop.

“I have to go to Christopher’s.” I said, looking at the clock.

He groaned, laying back on the bed. “I’m not liking this already.”

I grinned. “Don’t worry. I’ll come back.”

I grabbed my jacket, leaving Jay wondering what I’m coming back for and walked to Christopher’s house. The long walk was worth it when I got to Christopher’s house and saw the door was opened. I opened the door and walked in quietly, stopping when I heard an airy feminine laugh.

“You’re still bloody ace, Chris.” She said with a deep British accent. 

I frowned. Who the hell was that? And why was she calling him Chris?

“So how have you been, Emily? I haven’t seen you in forever!” I heard Christopher say, his voice brighter than usual. 

She giggled. “I’ve been traveling the world. I had to escape reality for a while.”

“I’m glad you’re back, Em. I missed you!” 

They were quiet for a while and my curiosity peaked. Were they kissing?

I left my hiding spot and walked towards them, annoyed.

To my relief, they weren’t kissing. They were only hugging…for a long time I noticed.

I cleared my throat letting them now I was there.

Christopher was the first one to pull away, looking at me with shock written in his eyes.

I looked at Emily and my annoyance peaked. She was by far the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had beautiful long  legs with a golden glow,  long wavy golden blond hair and big blue eyes that seemed to draw you in. She was wearing a one-sleeved gold dress highlighting her perfect body essentials. 

I frowned. Her behind  was as perky as her breasts.

Emily smiled at me, her face lighting up. “Hello there, beautiful. What’s your name?”

“Rose.” I said, unsmiling. 

Her eyes widened in what could have been realization but it quickly disappeared. 

Christopher stepped in. “Emily this is Rose, a friend.” he put his arms around Emily, pulling her close with a proud smile on his face. “And Rose this is Emily, my best friend.”

Friend? I thought I was his girlfriend.

Jealousy tugged at me---no, not Jealousy. Annoyance.--yes that’s what it was. Annoyance. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.” I looked at Christopher, ignoring Emily.

He grimaced. “I already have plans with Em, Rose.”

“Oh.” I said, feeling awkward. 

“It’s alright, Chris. She can come.” Emily said, looking at Christopher with her big blue eyes.

“It’s fine.” I said, putting a fake smile on my face.

“Don’t be silly. You’re coming with us.” She commented, smiling at me.

Christopher nodded, grinning. “It’ll be fun.”

**********

We ended up at a crowded club filled with people who basically wanted to get laid. I grimaced at the twentieth girl that walked up to Christopher with their dress hiked up to their thighs and their neckline lower than a porn star’s. Christopher was sitting in a seat  with girls surrounding him, his hands over two slutty girl’s shoulders. He had a drink in each hand and a mischievous look on his eyes. Emily was sitting next to me grinning at Christopher, encouraging him. I was, of course, frowning. 

“Do you want to come to my place?” The girl on his right asked. She had big brown eyes and was talking with the stupid little girl voice that some girls thought was cute.

I scoffed. Where were the girls with class?

 Christopher smirked. “Sorry, babe. There are a lot of hotter girls in this club that I’d rather do.”

Emily laughed at his bluntness. “You’re such an arse, Chris. The Chris I knew is finally back.”

The girl glared at both Emily and Christopher and left, clearly offended.

I picked up my purse and walked away without another word.

“Where are you going babe?” Christopher slurred, laughing.

I called Shay and a few minutes later she showed up in her car. 

I stepped into the car with a huge frown on my face. “He’s such a dick.”

“Now you’ve noticed?” Shay asked, laughing.

“Do you want to go to a tanning salon?” I asked her.

Her eyes widened and she laughed. “Why do you want a tan? I don’t think you’ve ever had one.”

“I just want a tan alright?” I snapped.

Shay took me to the closest tanning salon there was and we went inside looking at all of the tan people in the store. 

A tanned blond greeted us with a huge smile on her face. “Welcome to Sunkissed. How can I help you?”

“I’d like to get a spray tan, please.” I said, looking around the store. Everybody had a perfect tan and I felt like an outcast with my light skin tone. 

She nodded and brought a small piece of paper that showed the different shades of a tan that they had.

“Which one would you like?” She asked.

I chose the medium tan since the other ones seemed to light or way too orangey. 

She nodded and brought me to a tanning room and told me to take everything off except my underwear unless I wanted to. I chose to keep my underwear but took everything off. I took off some tanning goggles off of a small hanger attached to the wall and put them off. The spray tan began as two nozzle started spraying my body from top to bottom. I closed my eyes until the tanning was done. When I opened my eyes I left out a huge scream. I was orange!  I left the tanning booth and went to the front desk ignoring Shay’s shocked but amused look. “What the hell happened?” I yelled at the front desk lady.

“What do you mean? That’s the shade that you asked for.” She said calmly.

I glared. “Like hell I did. Why would anyone choose this shade?!”

“I’m sorry but that’s the shade that you chose.” She obviously wasn’t going to back down. 

Everyone was staring at me and I realized I hadn’t put my clothes on. I groaned and went back to get dressed. Once I was I went straight out the door with a huge glare on my face.

“This is the worst day ever!” I commented to Shay as we got in the car.

“Why did you want a tan anyways?” She asked, laughing.

“Christopher likes tan girls like his ‘friend’ Emily. Or should I say Em.” I muttered bitterly.

“And why would you want him to like you? Do you like him?” She asked.

I sighed. “Its complicated. Anyways, I’m pretty sure he wont like me when I look like I came out of a fucking Charlie’s Chocolate Factory movie.”

“Don’t worry, hun. It’ll fade in a few weeks.” Shay comforted.

“That’s not fast enough. Can you take me home? Sorry if I’m bothering you.”

“You never bother me, Rose. You’re my best friend!”

I smiled at her, laughing. “I feel like such an idiot.”

“We all do crazy stuff for guys, Rose. It’s part of being a teenage girl.”

She smiled at me and drove me home.

I plopped down on my bed as soon as I got home and looked in the mirror with tears on my eyes. 

I looked like a freak! Nobody’s going to want to look at me twice. 

I thought that If I looked more like gorgeous Emily then he would look at me the way he was looking at her. With such love and pride. 

That obviously was never going to happen.

I groaned as I heard the doorbell ring but stood up and walked towards the front door, opening it.

I wanted to run and hide as soon as I saw Christopher however it wasn’t for the usual reasons.

His eyes widened as he took in my horrible umpa lumpa tan. 

I looked down, embarrassed. “Go ahead. Insult me.”

He looked at me and laughed. “What happened?”

“It’s nothing. What are you doing here?”  I avoided the question.

“I wanted to see if you were okay. You left the club out of nowhere.”

“I’m surprised that you even care. You were having so much fun.” I said, surprised by the bitterness in my tone.

“Of course I noticed, Rose. I always do,” He added, looking uncomfortable. “Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tomorrow night.”

“As in a date?” I asked, surprised.

He nodded, looking anywhere but at me.

“My tan wont leave until a week, Christopher.” 

He shrugged. “I don’t care.”

I smiled, pleasantly surprised. “Alright. See you then.”

He smiled back at me and kissed me softly on my cheek. He left and I closed my door, touching my cheek lightly with a smile on my face. 

Thanks again for reading! I entered 'Dangerous Love' to the Watty Awards so every vote is appreciated! :) So please comment and vote. Sorry I havent written back to the comments from the last chapter I've been really busy but I will get to it. Emily is on the right btw!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.9K 30
In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world, forcing everyone to turn back to old w...
674K 14.6K 42
Genesis Rose was just an ordinary girl, one day she went to a club and met Elijah Hale, the most fiercest gang leader... they had a one night stand...
2.5K 59 15
she's cold, dangerous, ruthless and shows no mercy she has a dark past full and pain, sadness and torture but she is a leader of a very feared gang s...
167K 3.1K 20
[completed] Harry Styles, quixotic billionaire gang leader of New York, has found a new toy to play with. All the love. x