Zelink Oneshots (The Legend O...

By Inastaria

A collection of oneshots! The first part will detail them because I can't fit them all in here anymore. Enjo... More

Table Of Contents
Suggestions
The Messenger
Got You
Since We Were Kids
Treasure
Forever
Throughout Time
The Cat Lady and the Wolf
The Cat Lady and the Wolf 2
Theft Of The Heart
Return to Me
Nothing Compared to You (7MIHOH)
My Reason
My Reason; Epilogue
Friends? Epilogue
Cookies
Walking Through Clouds
Sleepy - Travel

The Cat Lady and the Wolf 3

1.7K 80 61
By Inastaria

"How is that even... you're saying..."

Link was silent as he watched her fumble for words. It was a natural response, or so he imagined. He'd never actually told someone what he could do before.

He still wasn't entirely sure why he was telling her. Well, he certainly liked her, a lot, and not just because she was beautiful. She was, certainly, but the real reason he was so attracted to this woman was because of her cats. They loved Zelda, and talked about her often to him.

How she danced in the living room, and sang in the shower. How she gave them nicknames, and cuddled with them every single night. How she tripped often, and other secrets that only pets would know about a person, for they are closer than family.

"Magic," he finally replied, that one word simplifying what would be a very long discussion.

"You... Didn't train that wolf... You were that wolf?"

"Yes."

"Convincing..."

"You're not-"

"Weired out? Scared? Angry?" She shook her head, more times than really necessary. "Well, it's not often that you learn a wolf you met twice is actually a man. Or is it that you are a wolf in man's clothing?"

"I'm human," he assured.

"So let me ask you again... Why me?"

"Your cats... They like to talk about you."

Zelda's eyes suddenly widened. "No," she exclaimed in horror. "Those little traitors."

"They really love you."

"Normally that would make me feel all fuzzy inside, but all I feel right now is betrayal," she said as she turned to scope out the window for said traitors.

"It was all good things... Mostly."

"...Mostly?"

"Well..." he smiled lightly and shrugged.

Zelda groaned. "Oh gosh...."

"Don't be so quick to succumb to the horror. I enjoyed them talking about you."

"So you can literally talk to my cats?"

"Indeed."

"By the goddesses, what have they told you?"

"I swear they didn't say anything horrible about you. Quite the contrary. They like your quirks."

"Oh no... They told you my weird things I do...?"

"I look forward to seeing them for myself," he said with a small smirk.

Zelda silently looked up at him and slowly raised an eyebrow.

"... Assuming you'll take me still."

"Take you?"

"Was the date unsuccessful?" he asked.

"Well...no..." she started and then looked at her intertwined fingers. "I... Well it's certainly been interesting, to say the least."

Link smiled. "I'm sorry I talked with your cats about you behind your back."

Zelda pressed her lips together. "That's such a strange thing to apologize for that I don't even know how to respond to that."

>^^<

Link and Zelda's relationship went slowly, quite unlike any relationship she'd had previously. He was a true gentleman; for a dog.

Dinner dates, movie dates. Even picnics; she enjoyed them all...

But she was just waiting for the time that it would all fall to ruin.

She was still in that mindset as they returned to her house after a movie date, and they talked as they stood in front of her door.

Link smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

She smiled, but there was something in her expression that concerned Link.

"Are you alright, Zelda?" he asked.

"Fine," she answered immediately.

"... Must I ask the cats?"

Zelda bit her lip. "That's such an unfair advantage. But it's not like I can stop talking to them now that I know they're really listening."

"Are you going to share then?"

She sighed and shrugged. "I'm just..."

"Am I doing something wrong?"

"No, no you're amazing, I just... I'm waiting for it to become... Less amazing."

He was silent for a while. "Bad relationships in the past?" he questioned gently.

She nodded slowly. "All of them." she replied. "I... I really like you so... I really don't want to be hurt again; to have the same thing happen here, so I've been avoiding commiting myself, because the more you care about someone the harder it hurts when something actually does go wrong, and so I don't want to get so inves-" Zelda blinked a few times in surprise as Link gently pressed a finger to her lips.

"You're babbling," he said gently. "You can't worry about things like that, or they might just happen. Stress does a lot of negative things. I also read it makes you break out sooo..."

Zelda smiled slightly and then nodded.

"And don't worry, I didn't overlook what you just said," he added with a smile. "You really like me. I really like you..." As he trailed off her placed his hand on the side of her face. "So... can I kiss you now?"

Zelda hesitated, then she bit her lip and rolled her eyes.

He took that as a solid yes.

            ^^
>One year later<

"-And how you slide around your house in those fluffy socks."

"Oh goddess," Zelda laughed. "Those cats... I have to be careful around them now."

"You don't. Say the word and I no longer talk to them about you."

Zelda rolled her eyes. "They really like you, I wouldn't do that to them," she said. "Plus after all this time I'm sure they've already given away all my secrets.

"I think all the things you do are cute."

"You are literally just saying that. You couldn't possibly."

"But I'm serious!" he insisted. "Quirks are adorable."

"Give me a quirk about yourself that I don't know then."

Link looked away from her and turned a little pink.

"Tell meeee," she begged.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Fine... When I'm a wolf I sometimes... Chase my tail."

"Gah, adorable!" 

He blushed stronger, "See? Quirks are cute, even if we disagree about our own."

She smiled. "I see your point," she said as she picked up a grape from the bowl and then rested back on the picnic blanket.

They were sitting by the waterfall where they had first officially met with a picnic basket full of food and each other's lovely company.

"Could you turn again?"

Link rolled his eyes. "Again?"

"Again," she repeated, pressing her lips together before smiling. "Please?"

He chuckled. "Of course, Princess," he said, rolling over onto his hands and knees. In a short moment a wolf was flicking his ears beside her.

"That is still so cool," Zelda exclaimed as she reached out and ran her fingers through his fur.

He closed his eyes, which were the exact same shade as his human eyes, and hummed as well as a wolf could.

She threw herself at him in a hug, choking him with her elbow as she squeezed. He backed up and then growled steadily. His head whipped and she lost her grip. She landed with her back on the picnic blanket.

Link stepped over her and looked down at her, snarling softly.

"Very intimidating," she said as she raised one hand and ran it along the side of his muzzle, then down his neck. 

He growled in affirmative, and she laughed lightly.

In response to her laugh he growled again, softer.

Zelda raised an eyebrow as she looked up at him. "Just what are you waiting for, wolf."

He flicked an ear and tilted his head to the side, he studied her for a little while, and then his muzzle lunged forward.

As he shifted forms she immediately felt the difference in the weight on top of her. Then she felt his lips on hers and her observations were ousted from her mind.

"Confirmation," Link replied with a smirk as he drew back. "Permission, acceptance, allowance... other larger synonyms for-"

As he was talking she moved her leg to the crook of his knee... And then she didn't let him finish, because she reached up and grabbed him by the neck and then flipped him over. "Synonym, cinnamon," she said as she leaned over him, her hair falling down and tickling the sides of his face.

He stared up at her and then a warm, wide smile spread across his lips. "I love you."

Zelda blinked a few times and then she smiled brightly. She kissed him again. "And I love you."

----

Thanks for your suggestion EmilyCreations!

Stay awesome my shipping friends~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.5K 62
When Zelda is forced to marry a tyrant that would bring her country to ruin, she lashes out at her new husband. The new King plots against her so he...
771 42 7
Okay I am basically a crazy person who copes by coming up with stories that are kinda (not kinda, completely) crazy and/or weird sometimes. It's a bu...
10.4K 311 26
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...
1.3K 87 23
Hello hello! It's been a hot minute hasn't it? Thank you for clicking on the story LU-tober, here I'll be making a variety of one-shots throughout t...