Learning to Love My Other Hal...

By Tristan-Walker

Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and b... More

1 - A Friend In Need
2 - A Moonlit Run
3 - A Meeting Unforeseen
4 - Rogues
5 - Morning Fun
6 - Table For Two
7 - An Evening Escapade
8 - Paternal Enlightenment
9 - The Funeral
10 - Luca
11 - An Obvious Choice
12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight
13 - A fearful Revelation
14 - Unexpected Visitors
15 - Andréas' Confession
16 - Saving Justin
17 - Like Father Like Son
Author's Note: 17.5 - A Magical Night
Author's Note
19 - Three's A Crowd
20 - A Past Best Forgotten
21 - Dinner With A Side Of Fear
22 - The Calm Before the Storm
23 - The Beginning of the End
24 - Battle for the Earth
25 - Battle for the Earth: Part 2

18 - Just What We Needed

1.6K 48 7
By Tristan-Walker

Disclaimer: Tristan Walker does not own the song written into this chapter (no matter how much Tristan Walker wishes he did) All rights go to Avril Lavigne. 

A/N

*flies up on a rainbow* Hiya! Here's chapter 18! There's a slight recap in the beginning so that people who opter not to read the chapter o' sexyness can see the end. It's in italics and as soon as the POVs switch, it's the new chapter. Anywhore, enjoy!

Shoutouts go tooooooo *drumroll*: PinkRose7Fire, SilverSyl87, Kitkatgiraffe, and Analee306! Tristan thanks masters for the comments! 

                                    «»  

[RECAP]

JUSTIN

"I love you so damn much, it hurts," I said, smiling at him.

He returned the smile and kissed me softly, tenderly, "I love you too. And I'll never let you go."

I snuggled up against him, rolling over so he was spooning me. He pulled the covers up so that we were warm then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

I don't know how long we lay there, enjoying the other's company, but shortly after, his soft, even breath filled the room. I smiled and drifted off to the comforting sound, knowing that my boyfriend, the love of my life, my other half, was right there with me. 

SAM

I woke to see bright sunlight streaming in through my window and the soft sound of Justin's breathing filling my ears.

I looked over at him and smiled, noting how cute he looked when he slept. His facial expressions were soft and he wrinkled his nose very slightly. Biting back a laugh so as not to wake him, I closed my eyes again, content in the knowledge that he was right there beside me.

He shifted and I cracked one eye, watching him warily. He slowly opened his eyes, yawning and stretching. When his gaze fell on my face, he smiled broadly and snuggled into me.

"Good morning love," I said, kissing the top of his head.

I felt him smile against my chest as he mumbled a 'good morning' back.

I was seriously contemplating just staying here all day and not doing anything. It was wonderful to simply lay in bed with my Justin and not have to worry about this or that. It was just us.

"Sam?" Justin moved his head back so he could see me.

"Hm?"

"What do you think is going to happen to us?"

I propped myself up on my arm, giving him a puzzled look, "What do you mean?"

He took a minute before responding, "Like, do you think we'll be okay in the world? I mean, we graduate this year and then we're off to college. Not to mention the fact that we'll have a kid."

"Do you want to know what I think?" I smiled reassuringly at him.

He nodded.

"I think that we just have to go with the flow and take whatever may happen in stride."

He bit his lip, "But how do we even know that we'll be going to the same college?"

"We don't," I replied, kissing his nose, "but like I said, we'll just have to take things as they come at us."

"Well good, because I don't plan on giving you up," he said, putting his arms around my waist.

"I'm glad, because I wasn't planning on giving you up either," I chuckled, lifting his head so that I could look into his intense blue eyes.

He placed a sweet kiss on my lips and settled back down, sighing happily.

"You know," I started, changing the subject, "Our relationship is the weirdest one I've ever seen." 

He looked up at me, his eyes clouded in concentration. The he laughed lightly.

"You're so not kidding," he agreed.

"Let's see," I tapped my chin, "So I was a pole-straight football player who had earned himself the title of school stud."

"And I was the 'gay guy' of the school," he continued.

I chuckled, "We met formally by walking into each other."

He laughed at this then said, "Then there was that kiss."

"Yup. Didn't I kiss you, run off, and then meet you back at my place with wounds, which you dressed, finishing by telling me I was confusing?"

He nodded, giggling.

"Mhmm, that's pretty much how it went," he confirmed.

"And now here we are," I said, "You found out about werewolves and turned out to have some wolf blood yourself.

"Not just that, I'm the last of some rare species that can bend reality," he added.

"Yup, we're messed up alright," I sent him a crooked grin, "Maybe they'll give us a reality TV show or something."

He snorted, shaking his head, "You do know that you're an idiot right?"

"Your idiot," I reminded him.

He huffed in amusement.

"Yes, my idiot," he amended.

I chuckled and licked his face.

"Ew Sam!"

I just shrugged and licked him again.

"Sam!" he protested again, trying to untangle himself from the covers.

I, being more successful, jumped out of bed and ran away laughing like a maniac.

I heard Justin yelling at me from our room and ran downstairs.

My parents were in the kitchen and both of them looked up at the commotion as I skidded into the room.

My dad raised an eyebrow at me in question, but I waved him off.

"Samuel Christopher Thomas! You do not lick me and run away!" Justin's amusement couldn't be masked fully by his fake frustration.

"Oops, gotta run," I laughed, bolting out of the room and leaving my parents shaking in mirth.

I ran into the sitting room, diving behind the couch. I tried to contain my laughter and focus on listening for Justin, but noticed that things had fallen silent.

Peering out around the corner of the piece of furniture I was hiding behind, I surveyed the room. There was no sign of my boyfriend so I crept out and started sneaking toward the door to the hall.

Halfway across the room, however, I walked into something. The issue was, there was nothing there. I stood there puzzled for all of two seconds, then Justin popped into existence in front of me, yelling 'Gotchya!'.  

I yelped and flew at least three feet into the air, making him giggle.

"Hey! No fair!" I whined.

He scoffed playfully, "I told you before. I never said I play fair."

"Okay but come on! Going invisible? That has to be, like, seven fouls in one," I protested, pouting.

"For someone who's half canine, you really can act like a scaredy-cat sometimes," he snickered.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," I retorted.

He stuck his tongue out at me and I returned the gesture. Yeah, we're mature.

"Come on," he said, taking my hand and pulling me toward the stairs, "Let's go get dressed and round up the gang."

I nodded in agreement to his plan and went up with him.

Once we were clothed, I grabbed my keys and we headed out to pick everyone up.

We pulled up at Justin's friend, Kim's place first. As soon as I met her, I had taken a liking to her. Her bubbly personality and sunny disposition made it impossible not to.

I beeped the horn and she stuck her head out of her second story bedroom window, waving madly at us.

"Hey boos," she called, "I'll be down in two seconds."

She withdrew her head and I turned to Justin, "Does she mean real time or girl time?"

"Kim time," he responded, pointing.

I turned back around and jumped. The she devil was pressed up against my window, smiling like a stalker.

I flipped her off and she unstuck herself from the glass, laughing her ass off.

"You should've seen your face!" she gasped between fits, "You were all like ..." she made a stupid face.

"Har har," was my comment.

She slid into the back seat of my new red pick-up.

"Justie!" she yelled, wrapping her arms around him in a death grip.

"Hi Kim, nice to see you too - hey, I told you not to call me that," he complained.

She rolled her eyes and screwed up her face, pointing at her head.

"Stubborn, remember?" she remarked.

 Justin laughed, and I pulled away from the curb.

The next stop was the pack house, where we would be getting Ethan, Tracy, Katie, Joshua, Allyson, Cameron, Martin, Kristine, and Luca.

I swung into the driveway and parked in front of our friends. They were standing in the yard with everything we needed for a day at the beach.

I hopped out and closed the door, turning around and being greeted with a joyful shout of 'Sammy!'

I scanned the group for the munchkin and found him, squirming in Katie's arms as he tried to get to me.

Katie chuckled as she set him down and as soon as his little feet hit the ground, he made a beeline for me.

"Hey little man," I said, scooping him up and hugging him.

"We gon go to the beach!" he bubbled excitedly.

He looked around and his bright eyes fell on Justin.

"Justin!" he jumped out of my embrace and ran to my boyfriend, hugging his leg.

"Hey Luca," he said smiling broadly and patting the boy's head.

Luca let go of him and stretched out his arms, opening and closing his hands in a silent request to be picked up. Justin obliged, resting the four year old on his hip.

We threw the things into the truck and piled in ourselves. I was driving and Justin was sitting up front with me, Luca sitting between us. Everyone else was either on the bench seat behind us or in the back with all of our possessions.

Things were shaping up to an amazing day on the beach.

                                  «»  

We arrived about an hour later and everyone got out, stretched, and started unloading.

Katie found nice place to occupy for the day and we set up, laying out towels and unfolding lawn chairs.

I looked around for Luca to make sure he hadn't run off and spotted him with Josh and Cam. The older boys were putting sunscreen on him and he was giggling and squirming at the cold feeling.

I heard a soft laugh beside me and looked over to see Justin, who took my hand and intertwined our fingers, resting his head on my shoulder.

We watched Luca chase the two boys across the sand and laughed when Josh tripped, taking Cam down with him. Luca took his chance and launched himself on top of them, the three rolling around laughing.

"Hey Luca! Want to build a sand castle buddy?" Ethan called from where he was sitting with Tracy, trying to save our other two friends from getting pummeled to death by the exuberant four year old.

Said four year old got up and ran over to the mates, plunking himself down in front of them.

We turned our attention back to Cam and Josh, watching the former get up and dust himself off then hold out a hand to help the latter up.

Our eyes widened and grins split our faces as we watched Josh thank him and place a kiss on his cheek.

Then he took Cam's hand and they started in our direction, only to stop a few feet away and look sheepish when they saw us grinning at them like idiots.

"When did this happen?" I asked, my amusement evident in my voice.  

"That fight yesterday," Josh explained, "Cam was in trouble and I knew I needed to do something. He was seconds away from being killed, but my wolf wouldn't have it. I managed to kill it before it even touched him. I was stunned and confused for a minute, but then I locked eyes with Cam and I realized that he was my mate."

"That's adorable," we heard, turning to see Kim smiling at all of us, now wearing an orange sun dress.

I was going to compliment her on it, but something was nagging at the back of my mind. Then it hit me, Kim was human.

Shit.

She gave me a funny look, "Something wrong Sam?"

"Uhmm - uhhh ..." I didn't know what to say, but Kim seemed to catch on.

"Oh! Oh don't worry!" she laughed, "My dad is a werewolf, I know all about your kind."

Relief flood through me, and I slumped.

"Thank god," I muttered.

"Yup, no worries," she said, smiling again before walking to the shore.

Justin kissed me and followed his friend.

I looked around at everyone, nearly bursting with happiness. Ethan, Tracy, and Luca were still building a castle, Cam and Josh were sitting in the sand, whispering things to each other and laughing, Ally was chasing a shrieking Kris across the sand with a crab as Martin looked on, giggling, and Justin and Kim were splashing each other in the surf. I didn't see Katie and scanned the area, locating her as she walked in my direction.

She smiled when she caught my eye, speeding up and reaching me a few seconds later.

"Hey," she said, hugging me.

I hugged her back and repeated the greeting.

"I never got to actually thank you for your help the last thirty-six hours or so," she admitted.

"Absolutely not trouble at all," I assured her, "We were happy to help."

She smiled widely, hugging me again.

"So what's it like to be a new member of Phoenix?" I asked her after we broke apart.

We started wandering down the beach, stopping in the middle of our group of friends.  

"It's great!" she said, "Everyone is so kind and accepting."

"Good," I said gruffly, "Otherwise they'd have to deal with me."

She laughed, "I've seen you when you're mad, it's scary."

"Damn straight!" I affirmed loudly, earning a bark of laughter from anyone who heard me.

I looked around, the perplexed look on my face just making everyone laugh harder.

"What's so funny?"

"You using that expression is what's funny Sam," Ethan said, and it dawned on me.

"Hey!"

"Hey yourself," Ethan continued, "Whenever you're around Justin, your name and the word straight don't belong on the same continent."

"That's not tr - Hey! Rude!" I pouted.

"Oh really?" Josh challenged, "Hey Justin! Come here a minute and kiss your boyfriend would you?"

"Gladly," Justin replied, smirking at me.

He stalked up to me and crushed his lips to mine, pulling me to him. I moaned as he bit my lip and I ran my hands through his hair and down his back. I whined when he broke away much too soon, smiling evilly.

I looked around at each smug face and sighed in defeat.

"Set. Match. Game." Martin said, and we all broke out laughing.

                                  «»  

"Let's go in here!" Justin said, pulling me toward a music store.

We had all gone for a walk on the boardwalk a little ways down from where we had spent the day. Evening was setting in now, the sky dyed a deep royal blue.

Strands of coloured paper lanterns lined the path, adding a friendly glow to the welcoming atmosphere created by the sounds of laughter and the smell of barbequed food.

A little bell chimed when we pushed the door open and the man behind the counter looked up at us, smiling.

"Hello ladies and gents," he greeted, "Can I help you with anything this evening?"

He was on the shorter side and clean shaven, with a head of short greying hair. I guessed him to be about forty.

"No thank you," Justin smiled at the man, "We're just looking."

"Okay, just let me know if you want any help with anything, and feel free to try out the instruments," he replied.

We thanked him and he walked off, sitting behind the counter again.

We browsed for a little while, milling around the store. Scattered sounds of musical instruments broke the silence every so often.

Something evidently caught Justin's eye because he gasped and walked quickly toward a rack of guitars.

"Wow, it's beautiful," he breathed, lifting a polished cherry red acoustic off the rack.

He strummed a few chords, tweaking the strings, then played a short riff, hitting the notes clearly and beautifully.

"I didn't know you played guitar," I said, awestruck.

"I guess I forgot to tell you," he responded sincerely.

He played another riff, a smile creeping up onto his face. When the instrument fell silent again, we heard clapping behind us.

"Wonderful! Just wonderful!" it was the owner.

"You play like a pro. Where did you learn?" he asked.

Justin looked on with a modest expression.

"I sort of taught myself," he admitted, much to the surprise of everyone present.

"You have an amazing amount of talent," the man said, "Do you have a guitar of your own?"

"No sir. My parents couldn't afford the lessons, much less an actual guitar. I learned when I went to a friend's place."

The store owner looked at him sadly, then he smiled brightly.

"Well now you do!"

"P-pardon?" Justin looked shocked.

"It's yours, free of charge," the man replied, smiling.

"Are-are you sure?"

"Positive," he assured.

Justin looked close to tears, "Thank you!"

"You're welcome," the man smiled once more and waved as we exited the shop. 

"Wow, I can't believe I have my own guitar," Justin said. 

"Come on then, play us something," Kim urged. 

Justin walked over to the side of the boardwalk and put a foot up on the lower horizontal beam. Then he rested the guitar in his leg and strummed once. Apparently satisfied, he began tapping out a beat on the side and I was confused until he opened his mouth and started singing, his voice clear and melodious. 

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs 

With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love 

Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk 

Singing here's to never growing up 

I grinned as he sang the last note and struck up the melody, strumming the opening chords. This time, we all joined in the singing. 

Call up all our friends

Go hard this weekend

For no damn reason 

I don't think we'll ever change 

Meet you at the spot

Half past ten o'clock 

We don't ever stop 

And we're never gunna change 

Say won't you stay forever 

Stay if you stay forever 

Hey we can stay forever young

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs 

With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love 

Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk 

Singing here's to never growing up

We'll be running down the street yelling "kiss my ass"

I'm like "yeah whatever we're still living like that"

When the sun's going down we'll be raising our cups 

Singing here's to never growing up 

Oh woah oh woah here's to never growing up

We live like rockstars 

Dance on every bar

This is who we are 

I don't think we'll ever change

Josh and Cam piped up with the background "hell no!

They say just grow up

But they don't know us 

We don't give a ...

Kim bent down and covered Luca's ears as we all shouted "fuck" at the top of our lungs. 

And we're never gunna change 

Say won't stay forever

Stay if you stay forever

Hey we can stay forever young 

At this point we were drawing a crowd of clapping, cheering spectators who danced right along with us as the ten of us sang. 

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs 

With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love 

Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk 

Singing here's to never growing up

We'll be running down the street yelling "kiss my ass"

I'm like "yeah whatever we're still living like that"

When the sun's going down we'll be raising our cups 

Singing here's to never growing up 

Oh woah oh woah here's to never growing up

Say won't stay forever

Stay if you stay forever

Hey we can stay forever young

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs 

With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love 

Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk 

Singing here's to never growing up

We'll be running down the street yelling "kiss my ass"

I'm like "yeah whatever we're still living like that"

When the sun's going down we'll be raising our cups 

Singing here's to never growing up 

Oh woah oh woah here's to never growing up  

 Oh woah oh woah

Cam and Josh: "yeah raise your glass and say

Here's to never growing up

Oh woah oh woah 

Cam and Josh: "la de da de die"

Here's to never growing up 

Cam and Josh: "no we're never growing up"

Oh woah oh woah here's to never growing up 

The crowd went wild. We all looked at one another and grinned. It turned out to be a perfect day, which was just what we all needed. 

                                   «»  

A/N

So what did you think? Huh? Huh! HUH?! XD 

Random Fangirls: "OH MY GOD! HE CAN PLAY GUITAR AND SING?!?! *screams fill the air*

Me: *banging head on table repeatedly*

B-t-dubbs, I still need pet names for my boyz! Please! You'll get a dedication *bats eyelashes* You know you want to. 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

*flies away on a rainbow*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 353 24
Part 3 (MxM) The story continues. Something is coming to the Lunar River region. While Kristofer, Atlas, Cassius, and the others try to figure out wh...
24K 725 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
431K 27.7K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...
293K 8.4K 19
Syris was born an omega with nothing to his name. Not only is he poor but his family beats him whenever they want treating him like their personal sl...