The Trials of the Core (GotC...

By MikeThies

As Edwyrd Eska approaches his two-hundredth year as Guardian of the Core, he must find an Apprentice to train... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Prince Hydro
Chapter 2 - Eirek
Chapter 3 - Zain
Chapter 4 - Forgotten Cause
Chapter 5 - Lake Kilmer
Chapter 6 - Blessing
Chapter 7 - Domnux Plains
Chapter 8 - The Central Core
Chapter 9 - Rivalries
Chapter 10 - In the Lobby
Chapter 11 - Introductions
Chapter 12 - A Look Around
Chapter 13 - The First Letter
Chapter 14 - Tales
Chapter 15 - Partnership
Chapter 16 - Into the Labyrinth
Chapter 17 - A Lost Soul
Chapter 18 - Letting Go
Chapter 19 - The Tomb's Prize
Chapter 20 - Guilt
Chapter 21 - Interview
Chapter 22 - News
Chapter 23 - Bookworms
Chapter 24 - Riddles
Chapter 25 - Duel of Princes
Chapter 26 - A Test
Chapter 27 - Mirage
Chapter 28 - At the Doorstep

The Trials of the Core

25.4K 156 22
By MikeThies

As Edwyrd Eska approaches his two-hundredth year as Guardian of the Core, he must find an Apprentice to train under him. His title and role compels him to safeguard and govern his universe, Gladonus, as each Guardian before him has done and those after him shall continue to do until relieved of such duties by will of the Ancients. Prince Hydro Paen, Eirek Mourse, and Zain Berrese—amongst other contestants—receive invitations to compete in a quest of Trials intended to determine who becomes Eska’s Apprentice. An old adage goes: “the toughest trials test you truest” – and these events challenge their fortitude through tenuous partnerships, intellectual rivalries, and battles of weapons’ mastery. Along the way, each contestant must attempt to overcome personal demons that haunt them. In this tale of ideal dreams and lucid aspirations, these competitors find theirs threatened by deceit, betrayal, sabotage—and even flesh—as all become vital to success…

______________________________________________________________________________

***Author Note*** I decided to add my "Author Confessional" to this particular part of the story because, before you start reading, I really want you to know what you can expect out of the book and to let you know why I started writing it. Hope you like it and if you continue on with the book, I hope you like that as well! Thanks!

*** Author's Note *** I have decided to upload this book onto Kindle Direct Publishing which means that the rest of this story is no longer available on Wattpad. Anyone wanting to read this story should go to Amazon.com and look for it as it will be there and ONLY THERE for, at minimum, the next 90 days. Again, I thank all of my readers and followers for support and I hope to see you on Amazon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 607 89
The Dragon court under the now ancient King Magnus is a dangerous and ruthless place to grow up. A fact Estella has learned in painful detail. It's h...
66.7K 4K 31
*IF YOU ENJOYED THE KING TRIALS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE HEARING FROM YA'LL* The king of Elthare is dead. Invitations have been sent out to the no...
201K 1.3K 5
WILL BE MOVING TO GALATEA ON THE 14TH OF JANUARY! The Crown Trials is a royal competition in which 24 Iridis suitors from each of Heliac's Royal Acad...
717 18 20
"Death is only welcomed when it isn't an option." Nesrin despises the Throne Trials, a dangerous competition that champions a ruler for each of the...