Elemmire- A Legolas Love Story

By Kt_love

~2013 Watty Award Finalist~ Imagine spending the first forty years of your life held prisoner in the Mines of... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28

Chapter 27

4.4K 175 30
By Kt_love

     Both Legolas and the Orc fell to the ground. “Legolas,” I called, running over to him. I knelt down beside him and held him tight. “Don’t leave me Legolas,” I cried. “I love you.” My tears ran down my cheek, he cannot leave me now. Even though Legolas was laying limp in my hands, I still held on to hope. I pulled the knife out of his back and realized that this was no ordinary knife; it was the one Lord Elrond had given me. The Knife of Hope.   

      The sun was now at its highest position and I decided to leave Legolas for a second to burn the Orcs. As I light the fire, I saw something running towards me off in the distance. At first I was worried that it may be more Orcs, but then I realized that it was actually a horse. “Roshroch,” I called.  I heard a whiney in reply. 

      She came galloping right up to me. “Oh, girl, why did you run off on me?” I asked. I knew she could not speak, but she bowed her head. “I forgive you, but we must get back to Lothlorien, for Legolas needs help.” I walked her over to Legolas, placed him on her back and myself behind. “Run like the wind,” I whispered into Roshroch’s ear. We were off without a delay, making our way back to Lothlorien.

     We had traveled until dark. Roshroch traveled slower than usual because it was hard for me to ride while holding Legolas in the saddle. From what I could tell we had only made it half way to Lothlorien. When I could ride no longer, I made camp under a large tree. I laid Legolas down across from my bed. I tried to make him as comfortable as possible by using one of the saddle bags for a pillow. I let Roshroch graze on the grass around us and then I laid down on my cloak that I had made into a bed.  

     I soon fell asleep. I was exhausted and I knew it was going to be another long day’s journey tomorrow.  

˜

(Legolas’ POV)

     I woke up to some rustling noises coming from behind me. Unaware of where I was, I tried to stand up, but I could not because the second I moved there was a piercing pain in my stomach. I ignored the pain, because I knew there was nothing I could do about it now.

     I looked over and saw someone walking towards me. I tried to reach for my sword, but it was too far away. When I looked back over to see how close the elf was I noticed that he was already standing over top of me. At first I could not tell who he was, until he started talking. “Why, hello Prince Legolas,” said the elf in a mocking voice.

     “Sir Haldir,” I said “What are you doing here?”

     “If I were you I would only worry about what was going to happen to you,” replied Haldir.

     Before I could answer, two Lothlorien guards hoisted me to my feet. I groaned in pain, when I looked down I noticed that I had been stabbed.

     “Oh, look, the poor Prince of Mirkwood is injured,” mocked Haldir. The guards laughed as well; to them my pain was funny. Quickly, the two elves dragged me out of site from our camp.

     “What about Lady Elemmire?” I asked.

     “Don’t worry, I will look after her later,” replied Haldir.

     “What are you going to do with me?” I asked.

     “What is with all of the questions?” said Haldir. “You will soon find out all you need to know.” I was slightly nerved by this. I did not understand what he was going to do with me, but I knew what ever happened it was not going to be good.

     “Can you at least promise me that Lady Elemmire will be safe?” I asked.

     “Enough with all the questions,” argued Haldir just as he placed a cloth to my nose and everything went black.

(Elemmire’s POV)

     It was early morning when I woke up. I rolled over to see how Legolas was doing, but he was gone. His blankets had been pulled back and the saddle bag was slightly moved from last night. “Legolas,” I called. I did not know what to think, so I kept calling out his name as I walked around camp. I noticed that there were some light foot prints in the ground, but those could have been my foot prints from last night.

     My head was spinning. Last night he was badly injured and was out cold. Now he could be anywhere, but he could not have gone far because of how badly he was injured. I quickly packed up our camp and was about to go searching for Legolas, when I felt someone standing behind me. Before the person behind me could hurt me I spin around and pull my sword out ready to fight.

     I lifted my sword to the person’s chin, but then I notice that the person was Haldir. “Oh, Sir Haldir,” I said lowering my sword. “You gave me a fright, but I am glad to see you. Legolas needs our help. He was injured and he walked off. I have no idea where he is.” I walked over to Roshroch and placed the last few remaining items in her saddle bag.

      “What do you mean Lady Elemmire?” questioned Haldir. “I saw Legolas running north about an hour ago.” I was did not know what to think. Could Legolas have left me, or was Haldir not telling me something. Haldir explained, “He was in a rush and said that he was alone and some Orcs had attacked him about a day ago.”

     “I am very confused Haldir,” I told him. “I have been traveling with him ever since he left Lothlorien. Together we killed the Orcs with the information about my flower.”

     Haldir had an evil smile growing on his face. “Oh, but Lady Elemmire, it will be hard to tell your story if you have no memory.”

     “What do you mean?” I asked. Nothing of what Haldir said had made any sense.

     “Guards,” called Haldir. Two guards came walking towards me.

     “What is going on?” I asked as the guards pinned me against the ground. I tried to fight them, but it was useless. The guards were both stronger than I.

     “Well, Lady Elemmire,” said Haldir. “You see, disobeying your mother was not a good idea, and now I have to make up an excuse of why you did it. I was going to make up a story and say something like; Legolas had kidnapped you and brought you to the Orcs to hand you over. Just before the Orcs had a chance to kill you I came charging over with my weapons in hand and single handily killed all of the Orcs.”

     “My mother would never believe you,” I said. “She would believe me anyways.”

     “Unless I told her that Legolas was so desperate to make the Orcs back off from Mirwood and you had no memory of the event,” explained Haldir.

      “How am I supposed to lose my memory?” I asked, trying to find a flaw in his plan.

      “With this,” he said pointing at a canteen.

      “With water!” I stated.

     “No,” said Haldir with frustration “With a special liquid inside of the water. The person who drinks the water loses all memory of the past week. Now drink.”

     The two guards forced the liquid down my throat. I struggled as much as I could, but finally the guards succeed. The second the liquid ran down my throat I started to grow weak. “What is going to happen to Legolas?” I asked.

    “I would not worry about him, but if you really wanted to know,” he said as he made a hand gesture to show his head being cut off.

     With the last bit of energy I had, I mumbled the word “DEATH.” Then everything slowly went black.

˜˜˜

(Legolas’s POV)

     I woke up to find that I was alone and cuffed to a wall in deep in a cave. Unsure of where I was I tried to look around the room for any familiar markings, but I was unsuccessful. I knew for starters that I was not in Mirkwood, Rivendell or Lothlorien, for their dungeons had markings inscribed across the walls. From what I remember before I fell unconscious, Haldir and his men had kidnapped me. I had wondered how long I was asleep for, but I was alone.

     From what I had guessed hours had passed, but no one came. Many times I struggled to get free, but it was useless. The chain that bound me could not be broken by any normal man or elf. I had a lot of time to think, but I was not as worried for myself as I was for Elemmire. I hoped that she was somewhere safe and Haldir was treating her better than me.

     I did not understand what I did to deserve this. I knew that Lady Galadriel and Haldir would be upset that I took Elemmire, but I knew they would be glad I did so when they heard we defeated the Orcs.

     Then it hit me, I remembered just before we left that Lady Galadriel had suggested an arrange marriage. Haldir must have been furious that I took Elemmire away from him, but I loved her too much to see her with another. That was actually the whole reason I brought her with me. I wanted to spend more time with her. I felt so selfish; I took her for my own personal reasons. I could not stand what selfishness I had shown and I hoped one day she would forgive me.

˜

     It must have been a good portion of the day when I heard someone coming. I pretended to still be unconscious. I could not see who was there, for it was dimly lit in the cave, but I could hear their voices. I distinctly heard Haldir’s voice and two other guards, but I could not hear any noise from Elemmire. I was worried, but I also held on to hope that they might have already brought her back to Lothlorien.

     “I can’t believe you two Nardorhuanrim (Elven insult),” said Haldir angrily. “The both of you were stupid enough to pour the entire liquid down her throat. She will have lost her memory forever, but worst of all there is a good chance she might die.”

     My heart stopped beating, my guess is the female that Haldir was talking about was Elemmire. Though, I did not understand what they meant when they said that she had lost her memory. I could only guess that it was not their intentions.

     “Now place her down,” said Haldir gesturing to place her beside me. From what I could tell, the guards had placed Elemmire down beside me. I turned my head to look at Elemmire, but a cloth bag had been placed over her head. “Oh good you are awake,” said Haldir. “You can help lead her horse back to Lothlorien.”

     “What is your plan?” I spat.

     “If I tell you, then you will be able to stop me,” said Haldir. “But I can tell you that Lady Elemmire will marry me and you will be executed for kidnapping her.”

     All I wanted was to get Lady Elemmire away from Haldir. I knew he would not treat her well and I wanted her to have the best life possible.

     I made a promise to myself, that whatever was going to happen, I must make sure Lady Elemmire was safe.

      “Now unlock him,” ordered Haldir to his guards. One of the guards grabbed the keys and unlocked my cuffs from the wall. My wrists were sore from the cuffs, but I brushed it off quickly.

     Haldir then ordered the guards to tie my hands in front of me to make certain that I would not run away. They did not have to worry, as long as they had Elemmire. We walked out of cave.  Haldir was in the front, myself leading Roshroch and then the two guards carrying Elemmire.

˜

     It was dark when we came to a cross road and with no rest or water, I was starting to get tired. I had to think of a plan to save Elemmire, who still lay unconscious.

     “We should keep on traveling,” spoke Haldir. “We should take the path leading north.”

     “Are you trying to get us killed?” I asked, trying to think of a plan.

     “What do you mean?” asked Haldir curiously.

     “It is dangerous to take that path, especially in the middle of the night. Orcs roam that path by the night.” I said making up more lies as I went along. “I am surprised you didn’t know that.”

      “What do you suggest we do, Prince of Mirkwood?” replied Haldir mockingly. “Make camp in the middle of road and hope that Orcs don’t find us.”

     “Of course not,” I said. “We should take the path to the right, it will lead us away from Lothlorien for a league or so, but then it will loop back. It is also the safer route to go.”

      Haldir reluctantly agreed, I could tell he had no idea where he was. Luckily for me, I knew my way around because this was the path Elemmire and I had taken. I also knew that the right path would lead us straight to Orcs, but I thought that I could use them as a diversion to get Elemmire out of here. 

I have posted another chapter :) and I might just post another one after this if I can finish it before I go off to bed!!!!!!!

Hope you like it! and thanks for all the support <3

Please vote, comment, fan, thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 4.1K 27
Legolas longs to be with the man he cares for, the man he trusts, but that is not easily done. Aragorn, the new King of Gondor, has more on his mind...
600K 20.6K 44
Book I of the 'To Live Again' Saga In the modern world Clara Riley experiences a life changing event...death! Usually this means the end of living...
4.5K 200 8
A Haldir Story
424K 18.7K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...