Chapter 27

Both Legolas and the Orc fell to the ground. “Legolas,” I called, running over to him. I knelt down beside him and held him tight. “Don’t leave me Legolas,” I cried. “I love you.” My tears ran down my cheek, he cannot leave me now. Even though Legolas was laying limp in my hands, I still held on to hope. I pulled the knife out of his back and realized that this was no ordinary knife; it was the one Lord Elrond had given me. The Knife of Hope.   

      The sun was now at its highest position and I decided to leave Legolas for a second to burn the Orcs. As I light the fire, I saw something running towards me off in the distance. At first I was worried that it may be more Orcs, but then I realized that it was actually a horse. “Roshroch,” I called.  I heard a whiney in reply. 

      She came galloping right up to me. “Oh, girl, why did you run off on me?” I asked. I knew she could not speak, but she bowed her head. “I forgive you, but we must get back to Lothlorien, for Legolas needs help.” I walked her over to Legolas, placed him on her back and myself behind. “Run like the wind,” I whispered into Roshroch’s ear. We were off without a delay, making our way back to Lothlorien.

     We had traveled until dark. Roshroch traveled slower than usual because it was hard for me to ride while holding Legolas in the saddle. From what I could tell we had only made it half way to Lothlorien. When I could ride no longer, I made camp under a large tree. I laid Legolas down across from my bed. I tried to make him as comfortable as possible by using one of the saddle bags for a pillow. I let Roshroch graze on the grass around us and then I laid down on my cloak that I had made into a bed.  

     I soon fell asleep. I was exhausted and I knew it was going to be another long day’s journey tomorrow.  

˜

(Legolas’ POV)

     I woke up to some rustling noises coming from behind me. Unaware of where I was, I tried to stand up, but I could not because the second I moved there was a piercing pain in my stomach. I ignored the pain, because I knew there was nothing I could do about it now.

     I looked over and saw someone walking towards me. I tried to reach for my sword, but it was too far away. When I looked back over to see how close the elf was I noticed that he was already standing over top of me. At first I could not tell who he was, until he started talking. “Why, hello Prince Legolas,” said the elf in a mocking voice.

     “Sir Haldir,” I said “What are you doing here?”

     “If I were you I would only worry about what was going to happen to you,” replied Haldir.

     Before I could answer, two Lothlorien guards hoisted me to my feet. I groaned in pain, when I looked down I noticed that I had been stabbed.

     “Oh, look, the poor Prince of Mirkwood is injured,” mocked Haldir. The guards laughed as well; to them my pain was funny. Quickly, the two elves dragged me out of site from our camp.

     “What about Lady Elemmire?” I asked.