Forever & Always

By paarri

Narmada and Rekha are friends back when they studied together in Bangalore. But, after their graduation, Narm... More

Prologue
meet Narmada and Udhay
Shopping in Mall
Rejected
Rekha
It's her!
Much needed Talk with Rekha
What's going on ?
messing with him
I like Udhay
She likes him!
Mom left me
Engaged
The talk
Kidnapped
learning the truth
Udhay's sudden Change
wicked brother

married to Udhay

214 10 18
By paarri

Rekha 's POV:

Me and Hari took Shiva to a hotel room. There Hari tied him to the chair and sat down , running his fingers on his hair. He is still tensed.
" Relax . Ok. " I handed him a glass of water.  He drunk it in a full. After that , I gave him a paper and pen . He looked at me while taking it from me.
"Write what I tell you " i began to narrate my version of story for Shiva disappearance.

"Why me? You could have written it." Hari said .
" Narmada knows my handwriting. So only i asked you to." I replied him. Before he could talk any further, his mobile ring.
Probably his wife.
" Ok. I will come now. Don't worry. Everything will be fine." He ended the call.
" Rekha, i think i can't come tomorrow to see you execute your plan. You go ahead . I will make sure Shiva won't reach there."
Why sudden change? I just shrugged and let it go.
He called someone and after 20 minutes , two guys came and take guard .

We both went our separate ways. I thought back to my conversation with Narmada a week ago. When she learned that my brother was not guilty, I asked her about giving him a chance as I very well know she doesn't love Shiva.
What she replied ,just baffled me.
"He might be good now. But who knows, what he will turn out to be. He has money, a whole lot of money. Money makes men monsters. I hate rich men. They broke hearts and ruin lives easily just for their pleasure. " She stopped and then took off.
What are you hiding , Narmada? What made her this bitter towards rich men? Not all men are like you said,Narmada. You will know it for yourself when you live with my brother.

Udhay's POV:

Today is Narmada wedding. i couldn't sleep at all. it's only 5 am . Knowing i am not going to get any sleep, I bathed and  about to put on my clothes  when my mobile ring.
Rekha.
Why is she calling now?
She went to attend Narmada wedding.
"Anna, sekiram kelambi mandapatdhuku va. Varum podhu naan unakaga vangi vachuruka patu vesti saatai potutu va.( Come soon to the marriage hall. Wear the silk dhoti and shirt that i bought for you )" she said happily.
"Why?"
" It's your wedding today. Narmada agreed. Now come soon." With that she ended the call.
"Are you serious?" I asked her not believing her at all.
"Yes. I am. Come soon. That Shiva ran away."
As I put the phone down, I smiled.

Wow. I'm really going to do this. I'm really going to be with Narmada.

All my life, I dreamed for this to come true. And I just can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

With a renewed energy, I got ready and went to the marriage hall. On my way , I thought about Rekha . I have a feeling that she has something to do with Shiva's disappearance. I hope i am wrong though.

Narmada's POV:

Me, my mom ,Bri and Rekha all reached the marriage hall . It's way too big and looks grand. maybe this is the surprise Rekha is talking about. But Shiva was nowhere to be seen. Some relatives are already there. There are a lot of people coming inside . But I don't know who they are.  Rekha received many of them and made them seated .
She's really happy for me . I am so grateful to have such a great friend.
Me and Bri went inside the Bride room.
After a while, my mom came in furiously.
"Amma, enna (mom,what) " before I could even finish , She slapped me. I looked at her stunned. Never once, she raised her hand at me.
"Narmada, how dare you ? You made yourself a fool. Not me."
She placed a paper on my hand . It's a letter.

My dearest Narmada,

Firstly,I am sorry. I wrote this letter to tell you something that would be too hard to tell in person. I've left the country. I am sorry. I can't do this anymore. I knew how much you don't want to get married and I know what you feel towards me. You asked me to act for your mom's sake and I did it. You said that you will stop it somehow But didn't do anything. I am sorry,I couldn't carry on with this anymore. I can't marry you for real as you like Udhay . These past weeks has been best weeks of my life. I don't want to be someone to force you to do something you don't want to do. It pains me to leave. I hope our paths will cross again. for now,Bye.

With all of my love,

Shiva.

I stare at the letter in shock. Shiva left. How dare he lie like this?

"Amma, idhu poi. Naan aapadi edhuvum seiyala.( Maa, it's a lie. I didn't do such a thing.)" I said slowly.
" Don't lie , i heard you saying the same thing to Brinda the other day. Oh god! What will i do now? You shamed me in front of our relatives, Narmada. How can I face them? What will they say when they learn about groom not showing up. " My amma started to sob.

" Aunty, what are you doing here?  The groom has arrived ." My cousin called my mom. We all came out and shocked to see Udhay coming inside.
" Hey Narmada, your groom looks different than in your wedding card photo. Also his name is udhay not Shiva" My other annoying cousin said mockingly at us.
" You changed the groom in a matter of minutes." An aunty taunted me .
" Pavithra, why you arrange her marriage with Shiva if she loves Udhay? Now see, the groom ran away." Another relative said.
" Will you marry him or cancel the wedding?" Another one laughed at me .
What the hell? I am going to go crazy. I don't think Shiva and Udhay are lookalike. After sending them out, My mom starred at me menacingly.
"Amma, enakku edhuvum theriyaadhu. Udhay eppadi inga?( Mom, i don't know anything. How come Udhay is here?)"
Before I could explain her, Rekha came and took my mom with her. After some time, my mom came back .
"Brinda, make her ready. Just 10 minutes left of the auspicious time ."amma said not even looking at me.
When I tried to speak," don't you dare. You planned it but it backfired on you.  you like him right? Then you will have no problem in marrying him. Now get ready."
" amma, please let me" I was interrupted yet again " it's either your marriage or my death. Your choice"
With that she went out.

''Bri, I don't want to do this, oh my god, what do I do, help.'' I panicked pacing round my room. I was on the verge of tears but yet I felt like I could punch through at steel door at the same time.

''Narmada, relax it's okay, we'll sort this out, okay. You just have to... Do it.'' she sighed taking a deep breath and running her hands through her hair.I shook my head.

" then you run away from here," She suggested.

" I can. But I don't want to see her in pain you know. She will probably kill herself.She already thinks I lied about Shiva. But you and I were just joking that day. She doesn't believe me.'' I sniffled and she rubbed my Back.

The whispers started immediately as My relatives surrounded us. I rolled my eyes ,wondering why they even care . It wasn't their life but mine.

"How can I?" My hands began to shake uncontrollably. Rubbing my temples in distress, I let out a sigh.

I sighed in defeat. Maybe this is meant to happen. Might be my karma.
"Come Narmada, let's go." Rekha came in cheerfully and walked me to the aisle where the priest is chanting mantras. She looked like she accomplished something.
I then sat next to Udhay while she stood behind to us.

Udhay's POV:

I looked at Narmada's face and realized she will be anywhere but not here. She doesn't agree . Rekha lied to me. I reluctantly took the thaali(mangalsutra) from the priest's hand and slowly with my shaking hands brought it around Narmada's neck. I didn't have a courage to look into her eyes, so I looked down as I put the first knot of thaali . Then Rekha took it from me and did the other two knots.

I  looked down at her, her black eyes piercing mine in silence. Slowly, a smile formed on my face as I extended my hand for the rituals. "Are you okay?" I  asked, while walking around the pyre .

"My feelings? Oh don't worry about those. No one else does." She replied and give her fake smile as people are watching us.

She seemed distant now, unreachable. What had I said to make her shy away from me? I know Iam a horrible person in  her opinion but I couldn't help it.  I tried to talk with her during car ride, but She turned away and became cold again.

The drive home was silent and she only talked to me to ask for how long it takes to reach my house. Then she went back to ignoring me which is frustrating. She is still beautiful, though. Even with the cold look in her eyes and an emotionless face.

I sighed. I am her husband now. Why didn't she feel this connection with me? I wanted to reach out and just hold her hand so she knew that she isn't alone. And the fact that she didn't feel the connection back made me feel even worse.

Narmada's POV:

The car pulls up in front of a large white and blue cosy looking home, surrounded by beautiful floral bushes; pink, yellow and white flowers.

I gape at the subtle yet elegant style of the house, it's just what you'll expect her live in but slightly less extravagant. The flowery garden reminds me of her floral dresses and for some odd reason I have a feeling he built the house himself.

The living area is so spacious and airy it makes me feel insecure about our lives. I thought I'd stop seeing flowers when I came inside the house but there are a few pictures of gardens on the walls, a couple blossoming flowers in miniature flower pots. The ornaments on the table tops look priceless, the art on the walls look like they cost a fortune.

It's a beautiful place no doubt, cream coloured sofas, glass cabinets,

white carpet, ofcourse it's Udhay's home . It will be extravagant.

I turn around and find Rekha at the far end of the room, leaning back against the wall, her fingers caught in her teeth

"Do you want me to show you your room?"

"Huh?"

She smiles, and comes forward, "I said. Do. You. Want. Me. To.

Show. You. your. Room?"
What is Rekha doing here? How do she know where the room is?
" Because I live here. Remember I said I have a brother.  Udhay Vasudev is my only brother, anni(sister in law). " She replied me happily.
I think i said that aloud . "Yes ,you are." She replied and stopped in front of a room.
She made me sit on the bed and went to get me a glass of water. 

I stared at the ceiling in the room I am in at the moment ,thinking about what happened earlier in the day.

Was it all real? I end up marrying Udhay. I touched my thaali (mangalsutra) . More than enough proof that it's real. god! why me?

Why Shiva hasn't turned up? Why did he ditch me? where did he go?

How did Udhay appear on my wedding  instead of Shiva?

Udhay is Rekha's brother. Why she didn't tell me this before?

Udhay married me despite I rejected him and rude to him. I decided to stop thinking about it and walked upstairs to feel fresh air.

As I was walking, I heard Rekha and Udhay whispering something. so I hid behind the walk and listened around the corner.

"Rekha, yen epadi panna? " Udhay asked her while showing her my wedding invitation card.

" . enna paru na. nee aasai pata maadhiri unaku avakoda kalyanam nadaindhuruchi. Poi avala saari panra velaiya paru. ( Look at me, brother.as you wished , you got married to her. Now go and set her right." She said.

"ennala mudhiyadhu. pavam ava. Nee en ipadi panna? avalukku therinjudhuna? ( I can't, what did you do this?What if she finds out?!)"
"No, she can't find out until one of us tell her. I did everything to marry you with her. I even kidnapped Shiva . The wedding card change for our relatives alone not hers. Everything is on me, not you. So, don't blame yourself. I did it all for your happiness for her happiness. Now, go and start your life with her ."
" This is not correct, Rekha. I am feeling guilty. I am the reason you did this."
"anna, everything is going to be fine. When the time comes, we can tell her. But for now just act normal."

"Okay"

*******
Hi,
Quite a lengthy chapter.
What will happen next ? Now that Narmada knew.
Do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 19.4K 39
AYANSH MEHRA, 28 years old, he is the CEO of Arya Company.... He is hot, handsome and kind hearted man.. But he never got love Or support in his life...
12.8K 623 39
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
3.8K 257 20
When Shikha Sunder is forced to marry her sister's fiancé, her entire life changes. Shikha's life is pretty uneventful. Her abusive dad absolutely ha...
196K 13.6K 46
Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had quite different personalities and outlo...