A Blind Date

By _justanotherwriter_

When Cassandra William's boyfriend of 6 months ditches her, she is set up on blind date after blind date afte... More

Chapter One: The Date
Chapter Two: The First Day
Chapter Three: Reunion
Chapter Four: Ryan
Chapter Five: An Invite At Lunch
Chapter Six: The Party
Chapter Seven: Fights and Hugs
Chapter Eight: Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter Nine: Ex-Boyfriend Say What?!
Chapter Ten: Confession
Chapter Eleven: Jealous
Chapter Twelve: Violet
Chapter Thirteen: Save the Drama for the Llama.
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Talk Things Out
Chapter Fifteen: FAKE BOYFRIEND SAY WHAT?
Chapter Sixteen: But, after all, rules are meant to be broken.
Chapter Seventeen: The Truth (Well, some of it).
Chapter Eighteen: Dream
Chapter Nineteen: The Line Between Love and Hate
Chapter Twenty: Cold Shoulder
Chapter Twenty-One: Confusion
Chapter Twenty-Two: I sound like a person in a cheesy pop song.
Chapter Twenty-Three: All Right
Chapter Twenty-Four: God, you sound like Cher Lloyd.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Introductions and Eavesdropping
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Phase One-Keep Calm
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Shoulder to Cry On
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Fight, An Introduction, Revenge and Swinging.
Chapter Thirty: A Lesson in Funology.
Chapter Thirty-One: Wishing, Sheila, and Talking.
Chapter Thirty-Two: SURPRISE!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Drama, Jealously and a Motherly Talk.
Chapter Thirty-Four: Marcus Taylor.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Mean Girls.
Chapter Thirty-Six: An Invitation and A Talk
Chapter Thirty-Seven: I guess I have a crowd now.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Truth or Dare.
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I hate you.
Chapter Forty: Alex? Alex who?
Chapter Forty-One: Meeting the Parents.
Chapter Forty-Two: Scared.
Chapter Forty-Three: An Overblown, Over-the-top Sweet Gesture.
Chapter Forty-Four: Masquerade.
Chapter Forty-Five: Remember?
SEQUEL UPLOADED!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Colin and a new mission.

174K 3.7K 773
By _justanotherwriter_

DROP A BEAT.

Yo, yo, yo my name is Joe, my pants are low and my boxers show!

Word. 

Hey guys! I have a contest for the cover! If you're good with editing pictures and stuff, make one, and I'll choose the best one! Winner gets a chapter dedicated to them and a shout out on the next chapter! If you would like to submit an entry, message me! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

He sat back down and began swiveling around in the chair, going around and around and around and- 

I gripped the chair, causing him to stop turning. My arms were on either side of him and my face was mere inches from his. A warm blush rose to my cheeks at our proximity. My eyes flew to his lips, looking all full and pink. I could just kiss him right now. 

But I won't. 

Because I'm doing exactly what Alex did for me. 

Stopping me from getting my heart broken. 

I quickly let go of the chair. 

"I was just, uh, getting dizzy. Are you hungry? I'm going to get us some food." I fled out of the room, my face on fire. Talk about AWKWARD. 

Going down the stairs, I noticed Soph playing with some toys. 

"Cass, come play with me!" 

A couple minutes couldn't hurt, right? 

***************************************************************************************************************

"Where is my food?!" Alex came storming down the stairs. Putting down the doll I was holding, I stood up to face him. 

"Ever hear of a thing called patience? I was having a lovely conversation with your sister, thank you very much." I sneered. Alex ran a hand through his hair. 

"A conversation for half an hour?!" 

I was playing that long? 

"Um, I'll come back later, Soph, got to go," I sprinted to the kitchen. Opening random cupboards, I looked at what ingredients he had. Bingo. Getting out some flour, eggs, baking powder and sugar, I rummaged for a bowl. 

"What are you making?" Alex inquired, sitting down at the counter. 

"Pancakes." 

"You do realize it's like lunchtime, right?" 

"Breakfast is my favorite meal," I shrugged. 

"So, what? You have it for lunch and dinner too?" Finding a bowl, I turned to him, placing it next to the ingreidents. 

"No, but there's never not a perfect time for breakfast." 

"I hope you know that made no sense." He rolled his eyes at me. 

"Whatever," I muttered. 

10 minutes later, I was pouring the batter of the pan, while Alex was devouring pancake after pancake. 

"God, how much do you eat?" I exclaimed as he inhaled his 5th pancake. 

"I'm a growing boy!" 

"Yeah, growing horizontally," I muttered, frying another pancake. At the end, Alex had ate every single pancake. Yup, every single flipping pancake. 

"Now, what am I supposed to eat?" I whined, punching Alex on the arm. 

"Okay, okay. You made me food, so I'll make you food. Sit down." Alex instructed, getting up. 

This was one of those moments where I'm just surprised by Alex's sweetness. Maybe he wasn't as bad as he seems to be... 

10 minutes later, a plate of penne was placed in front of me. Slowly, I took a cautious bite. It was heavenly. After devouring the whole plate, I looked up to find Alex, who had an amused expression on his face. 

"Was it good?" He cocked an eyebrow. 

"You don't need another compliment to expanded your already inflated ego," I rolled my eyes, placing my plate in the sink. 

"So, you thought it was delicious, then?" Alex grinned. My phone beeped and I saw a message from Kate. 

OMG, come home right NOW! I have a HUGE surprise for you! 

It was must be important, because Kate would never tell me to get home when I was out with Alex, her playing matchmaker. 

"Kate needs me at home for some reason,"  I explained to Alex, walking to the front door. 

"I'll come with you!" 

"No, you're not," I told him, walking out of his house and towards my car. 

"Yes, I am. This is the least you could do after I sacrified my time and money into fake dates pretending to be your boyfriend." This caused to turn around and glare at me. He was playing the guilt card. 

"Ugh, I hate you. Get in," I slipped into the driver's seat and waited as Alex entered. 

"Is this yours?" 

"Nope, dad's," I explained, carefully backing out of his driveway and onto the street. A few moments later, I was at Kate's door. After one knock, she threw the door open. 

"Come in, come in! Oh, I guess you brought Alex!" She hurriedly exclaimed. I noticed she was still in her nightclothes, her hair tied messily in a sloppy bun.  This must really be important be important, because she always needs to look prim and proper. Just as I stepped into the threshold of the house, somebody jumped out the shadows. 

"BOO!" 

Screaming, I jumped back, where Alex caught him in his strong, warm arms. They held me as I if I was a china doll, about to break. My attacker was..... Colin! Squealing, I quickly peeled myself from Alex, despite wanting to just stay there forever, and jumped on Colin, embracing him in a bear hug. Colin was Kate's older brother, who was at college, and who I hadn't seen for ages. He was like my older brother, having basically grown up with me. 

"Colin, you're back!" I exclaimed, still shocked and still holding onto him, as if he was about to disappear. 

"Yeah," he laughed, "how's my little Cassandra doing?" I moved to give me a blank look. 

"Are we really going to start this again?" I raised an eyebrow. Alex cleared his throat awkwardly. I stepped away from Colin and noticed that Alex was visibly tensed, staring hard at Colin, as if he was a criminal. Jeez, what crawled up his butt and died?

"Alex, this is Colin, Kate's brother. Colin this is Alex, my....friend." I introduced them to each other. 

"Hey, man," Colin grinned. 

"Cass, a word, please?" Keeping his eyes locked on Colin, Alex dragged me outside, back to my car on the curb. 

"I thought you said you didn't have any other ex-boyfriends!" Alex harshly whispered, his eyes burning holes into him. 

"Colin is NOT my ex-boyfriend! EW! He's like my brother! That's just, EW! UGH, why would you think that? I word vomited, my face contorting into disgust. Alex relaxed, understanding spreading through his features. 

"So, you never dated him?" 

"No, you ding dong! I haven't seen him in ages too, so I'm going back," I hit him upside the head and marched back to Kate's house, Alex rubbing the back of this head following closely. Talk about weird!

Kate closed the door after us and I collapsed on the couch, my head resting on Colin's lap. 

"How was college?" I asked, looking up at him. He peered down at me. 

"Eh, same old, same old. I'm taking a little bit of a break right now, before I go to grad school." He explained.

"I can see your boogers," I giggled, tapping his nose.

"You're face is a booger," he stuck his tongue out at me.

"You're... a poop." I settled on.

"Nice one," he rolled his eyes. "What's up with your boyfriend?"

"Alex? He's not my boyfriend!" I blushed. Why does everyone keep saying that?!

"Looks like that. When you jumped back because of moi, he held you as if you might break and he looked disappointed when you got up. Then, when you hugged me, he looked like he was going to strangle me! Plus, the way he looks at you and you look at him." He clarified. 

BEST FRIEND'S BROTHER SAY WHAT?!

"We don't look at each other in weird ways! He just thought you were my ex-boyfriend and we needed to trick you like-" I stopped short, realizing what I was saying.

"Trick me like what?" he rose an eyebrow.

"Hey, would you look at that! Kate and Alex are nowhere to be found! I'm going to go find them!" I jumped off his lap and sped to the kitchen.  

Sighing, I lent my hand on the fridge, closing my eyes. Talk about awkward. Why can't my life just be normal and I don't have to worry about what Trevor is thinking or what Alex-

Alex. 

Ever since he came, my life has been CAH-RAZY. As if it wasn't bad enough just getting out a relationship, he comes with his killer looks and cocky personality and just UGH. Then, he makes me ditch Ryan. The only good thing he did was help me with Trevor! 

So, basically the only good thing he did was lie. 

But you're his friend Cass.

But you like him. 

No, you don't, you hate him!  

It can only be one thing, Cass. 

You either hate him, have him as friend, or like him. 

So, what's it going to be?

I hate him for making me like him and then saying that we're friends. 

Yup, that basically sums up my feelings right now. 

"Hey, you okay?" Somebody place their warms hand on my shoulder. Jumping, I turned around. 

"What the-" I started, but then realized it was only Alex. "Oh. Hey. Yeah, I'm just grabbing a drink." I threw open the fridge and grabbed the first bottle that my hands could find. I closed the fridge and looked at Alex expectantly. 

"You do realize that's ketchup, right?" He rose an eyebrow at him, one side of his mouth curving upwards. I looked down and yes, my "drink" was ketchup. (gif on the right -------------------------------->)

"Ye-yeah. It's a new thing I'm trying. It turns out ketchup is great for your skin and it helps you lose weight?" 

Smooth as chunky peanut butter. 

"That's... er, interesting?" 

"Where's Kate?" 

"I think she's upstairs chang-" 

"Thanks!" I ran up the stairs and burst into Kate's room, where she was standing in her closet, rummaging through some clothes. She cast me a sideways glance. 

"Oh, its just you. And you have ketchup?" She faced me, placing a hand on her hip. 

"URGH," I groaned in frustration and threw the ketchup on her bed. "I hate Alex. But we're friends. But I like many I have teensy-weensy bit of a crush of him." I word vomited, squeezing my eyes shut. There was silence. Then, all of a sudden she embraced me in a hug. She just patted my back and softly stroked my hair. 

"Have you calmed down?" She pulled away, here blue eyes full of concern. I gave her a nod, and she led me to the bed, where you both sat down, facing each other. "Would you like to tell me the complete story?"

***************************************************************************************************************

"Wow, you are in some deep doodoo." 

"I know!" I exclaimed, standing up. I had told Kate everything, from what I felt at the dates to the conversation with Colin. She had remained throughout the whole ordeal, just sometimes nodding. "What do I do?" 

"Well, you can always tell Alex you like him." 

"Are you insane?!" I hissed, scowling. 

"Okay, okay, it was just a suggestion. You can always just try being friends with him. See if he likes you, but he probably does because-" 

"Don't give me reasons why it looks like we're dating," I silenced her. She made a sound of indignation, but was silent. "But, I guess  I should stick around him. But, come on! Who am I trying to kid? He's as hot as hell and I'm as good looking as a potato!" 

"Cassie, you're beautiful, and if Alex is too blind to see that, than fu-" 

"Please, no cursing." I silenced. She just gave a kind smile. 

"Now, be a super sneak and go find out if Mr. Waters likes you, which he TOTALLY does by the way." She shooed me out the door. "If you get close enough to him, he might start trusting you and telling you things," she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. "And take your ketchup with you!" She thrust the bottle into my hands. I rolled my eyes in response and went downstairs when Colin and Alex were talking. 

Guess that Agent C has a new mission. 

FOIALH. Find Out if Alex Likes Her. 

God, I need a better acronym. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

What do you ladies and gentleman think? 

Comment, vote, and follow me for updates! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 883 11
After one too many blind dates, Harmony is about done with men...until one date brings her more than she ever bargained for... Story cover courtesy o...
19.5K 291 24
𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 she's set up on a blind date with him after they started making music together ...
4.8M 79.2K 12
Taking your best friend's place on a blind date to let the guy down easy was the plan...taking him to bed wasn't.
70.8K 2.9K 19
What do you do, when the guy you love, refuses to love you back? Well in Raina's case, it leaves her extremely frustrated to no end, yet she's not w...