Believe [Liam Payne]

By thosepaynefeels

Meet Ronnie, 17 years old. Likes to sleep and to read. Dark past? Bullying? Abuse? Evertything gets even more... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ∼ Veronica
Chapter 2 ∼ Veronica
Chapter 4 - Liam
Chapter 5 ∼ Veronica
Chapter 6 - Liam

Chapter 3 ∼ Veronica

17 0 0
By thosepaynefeels

Jasmine and I went to the bar to chill after we got at the hotel. Everything was paid, so we took a couple of drinks there. The atmosphere was cool, but there was more old business mans than high teenagers. It was really a lobby bar. After this, we took the elevator to our room and undid our packages. I opened the curtains and I noticed that we had a huge - and by huge I mean HUGE - window that allowed us to have an overview of all the city.

"Jasmine! Come here," I told her.

She was watching TV, but I heard her getting up and coming closer to me.

"Wow, that room must've cost a lot. We can see everything. And I didn't noticed we were as close to downtown as we are," she said.

"That's quite awesome," I added.

She turned around and laid on the bed. She closed the television, leaving us both in the dark.

"Sorry, do you mind? I'm just kind of tired, after the day we had," she asked.

"Of course I don't.  Is it alright if I ask Mark to pick us up tomorrow so we can go in town and have a coffee? I'd enjoy spending some time with both you and him."

"That would be great, actually. I know a cute place down there that could be really nice. Text him. And just try to sleep after this. Tomorrow is a big day, you know. We're in Los Angeles," Jasmine said.

I tried to find the bed and I finally did. I struggled out of my jeans and put my old pajama on, then forced myself into the bed. 

I took my phone and wrote to Mark.

- Hello ! Do you want to come with us tomorrow and have a coffee ? I think that'd be great. Reply asap ! V. xx

On that note, I fell asleep. And to my own surprise, my thoughts were just blank.

When I woke up the next day, it was to the sound of Jasmine starting the hairdryer. I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining across the room. My gaze lowered to my phone besides me.

- RONNIEEE. Would you rather come at my house ? We'd can relax for the night we'll have ! PARTY . Text me . Mark x

"JASMINE?" I asked. I continued without even waiting for her answer. "Mark wants us to come over to his house. Is it ok?"

"Yeah, I'm getting ready. Tell him to come here in half an hour," she said.

++++

And that's how I got there, in front of a boy with dark chocolate eyes, short hair and a smile playing on his lips.

"Hello. What's your name?" he asked.

Mark and Jasmine were standing beside me.

"I'm Veronica," I said.

"Nice! I'm Liam," he replied.

"You know him for sure. He's in that band, you know, and he's staying here while their summer break, I think," Mark said.

Jasmine's face lighted up, just like if he said that boy in front of me was god.

"Yeah, One Direction," the boy said.

I never heard of them. Or maybe I did and I just couldn't put a face on that name.

"Well, nice to meet you," I said, grinning at him.

He smiled and Jasmine was already shaking his hand.

"I can't believe this is happening. I'm Jasmine. It's a pleasure to meet you," Jasmine half-shouted.

"Great! Nice to meet you too," the boy said, laughing.

"So! Do you guys want to drink something? We can go outside," Mark said while pointing at the window.

I looked outside through the huge windows. A beautiful garden was there, full of roses and daisies, which continued in a beach, with a table and some chairs. It was really big.

"I think we could," I said.

"I'd like a tea," Jasmine said. She looked at me. "And for sure Ronnie will take a coffee. She looks like she hasn't slept in days," she added.

We all laughed.

"I do. And yeah, Mark, that'd be great," I said.

"Liam! Show 'em how it is, outside. I'll make this. Show 'em the garden," Mark said, walking to the kitchen.

We walked to the beach, and the boy explained everything that was there to us. Like that the table was for eating breakfast in the morning light or that red roses were is favorites. I noticed he had a strong accent. I didn't know for how long he has been there or for how long he was staying, but he knew a lot about the house.

When we arrived near the water, we just waited there, standing up. Jasmine was shooting him so many questions, I couldn't keep up. I just stared at the sea in front of me. I was lost in my thoughts when my dear best friend Jasmine poked my shoulder.

"The boy's talking to you. I think you should answer. That'd be quite nice," she said.

I looked at him. He was shyly smiling at me.

"Why are you guys here?" he asked.

"Well we won a trip to the destination of our choice, and I thought it'd be great to see Mark a bit, so we chose to come here. What about you?" I asked.

I saw Mark coming with our beverages.

"I GOT EVERYTHING!" he shouted.

I smiled at him. He was kinda cute.

"Let me help you," I said.

I took two cups from his hands and put them on the table. That "breakfast table", like the boy would say.

"Thank you, Veronica," Mark said.

"Don't call me this, you know I hate it," I replied.

"Sorry, Ronnie." He looked at me and smiled.

I grinned back.

And that's how I met the boy. Sitting in a chair by the sea, drinking a coffee.

++++

"Ok then. I think we'll go shopping. I feel like it," I finally said, accepting Mark's desire.

Mark had to prepare tonight's party and we definitely wanted to help him, but he didn't allow us to. I really wanted to show my interest in this because I felt like it really was for me and Jasmine. He wouldn't have thrown a party if we weren't there. It made me feel a little special and considering what happened in the last months, or maybe years, it was really important to me and I was really glad.

"We'll take a taxi," said Jasmine. "I think the shopping center is only a few minutes away from here, right?" she asked.

"Right. But I'll drive you there. I have my car and that'd be selfish to let you take a cab," said the boy.

I wasn't really sure about this. We knew the boy since only a few minutes and I wanted get Mark to take us there, not him. Not that he wasn't nice with us, the boy, but Jasmine acted like he was REALLY famous. And I didn't feel like getting him to drive us. I wanted go low-profile for this trip. I really wanted it to be chill. I knew it was against what Jasmine wanted, but we really couldn't get him to drive us. That wouldn't fit with what we had planned.

But Mark was already on the phone, running towards to house. He couldn't get us there. He already had to plan this whole thing for us.

"You'd be nice to do this for us," I smiled.

He grinned back and took his car keys.

He drove us to the place. During the car ride, only Jasmine was talking with him. She acted so strange. It wasn't normal.. But she wasn't always really normal, so I was confused.

"I'm going to go there for a coffee," the boy said. He pointed a little stand in the middle of the hallway.

We smiled at him in approval.

"That's him. That's the boy," Jasmine said as soon as he was away.

We were in a little mag stand in the middle of the shopping center. The boy took us there and he was at the other stand, ordering a coffee. I took the magazine in my hands. Holy shit. I looked closer. I knew Jasmine was right.

He was on the cover of every single one.

I looked up to him and saw that maybe ten girls were around him. Holy cow. He was famous. Since when did I just meet famous people? I was a girl that loved to listen to country music and that didn't even had Wi-Fi at home. What. What.

He looked back at me and smiled. He put a finger in the air, telling me he had to take pictures for a minute. I mouthed alright and he turned around, back to talking with the girls.

:-:-:

It properly started. Hope you'll like it. ;)

Alex Xxx

Continue Reading