Stay With Me. Newt. Maze Runn...

By Stunbar

Skylar got sent up to the Glade the same way everyone else was sent up. In a moving box. There are three thin... More

1 - Arriving
2 - Sleep
3 - Gathering
4 - Jobs
5 - Proof
6 - Dream
7 - Coma
8 - Different
9 - Confessions
10 - Confident
11 - Med-Jack
12 - Caught
13 - Greenie
14 - Missing
15 - Gathering
16 - Nightmare
17 - Parents
18 - Returning
19 - Trials
20 - Injection
21 - Fall
22 - Awake
23 - Decisions
24 - Interrogation
25 - Suprise
26 - Warning
27 - Working
28 - Fire
29 - Escape
A/N

30 - End

1.7K 32 54
By Stunbar

After taking in our surroundings it was Thomas that first noticed the people sitting behind a window. They looked like ghosts and seemed like they had never experienced happiness in their lives and their opinions matched the general idea I had of people who would trap a bunch of teenagers in a maze.

Minho seemed to be the angriest out of us as we stared at the creators and reacted the quickest to them after getting over the initial shock that standing barely fifty feet from us was the people who had made our lives hell since we arrived in the Glade.

"I'm gonna break your faces!" he screamed loudly and nearly every glader winced at how loud he was yelling.

"What do we do?" I whispered to Thomas "What are they waiting for?"

Everyone muttered ideas about what the creators were waiting for, the more common one being that they had revved the grievers back up but I refused to believe that. Before I could say anything on the matter, a loud beeping bounced off of every wall and pierced everyone's eardrums and all of us turned to Thomas for an answer as to what was happening but he only shrugged.

The beeping cut off as quickly as it had started and everyone turned to look in the direction of two double doors to see them swinging open and three figures walked through the door. A woman walked in with two others with hoods covering their faces so we couldn't tell who they were, not that we would be able to tell with our memories being wiped but it made everyone a lot more uneasy since they couldn't see their faces.

The woman walked forward and the two others walked behind her, the only sound coming from the heels of her shoes as she walked on the tiles of the lab. She stopped a few meters away from us and finally spoke but showed no emotion on her face or in her voice.

"Welcome back," she started "Over two years and so few dead. Amazing."

I felt my jaw slack open at the same time as Newt stepped up, face red with anger and his hands clenched at his side.

"Excuse me?" He hissed

"Everything has gone according to plan, Mr Newton. Although we expected a few more of you to give up along the way." I felt myself stiffen as she said Newts name, the way she said it and how she had said it sent chills down my back and I glared at her and the other people who were still staring at us behind the glass.

Just then the woman looked at her two tag-along's and each of them dropped their hoods so we could see their faces.

Gally

and Davis

Gally was shaking uncontrollably while Davis had a smirk on his face and looked completely at ease with the entire situation. I glared at him and turned back to the woman to ask her what was going on but Newt beat me to it.

"You're safe now, please be at ease." She said calmly

Minho demanded to see a series of people, even though none of actually knew if those people actually existed and the woman scolded him like he was a child which got me even more riled up. My hands were clenched into tight fists and my nails were digging into my skin. The pain in my hands from my nails seemed to trigger the pain I had on my side and I immediately gasped and put my hand over the gash, only to pull it back and see blood covering my palm.

Thankfully nobody noticed the blood because everyone was too occupied watching Gally as he clawed at his throat and tried to spit out words that he couldn't speak. It reminded me of what I had heard about Alby when he had been unstable after the changing and had tried choking himself.

I snapped my head up when I heard a loud 'click' that reminded me of the memory I had about when I had been shot and sent up into the maze.

When I looked up I saw Gally throwing a dagger at Thomas and Davis holding a gun in his hands, his eyes staring at me with a malicious gleam to them.

I didn't have time to react.

I just heard the sound of a body hitting the floor and then the 'BANG' of a gun before my body irrupted in pain.

I didn't say anything. I didn't do anything for a few seconds, just stared at my leg and the blood seeping onto my pants before I crumbled to the floor.

I heard Chuck's heavy breathing next to me and felt someone sitting next to me but my vision was going blurry and I was fighting to keep my eyes open.

I fought off the black spots that danced across my vision and focussed my attention onto Newt who was sitting next to me with tears in his eyes and holding my hand.

I knew I was going to die, and the more it sunk in the more I realised I wasn't afraid of death. After all I had defied it once already after being stung by the griever straight through the heart and I felt like I had led a life more adventurous than anyone else.

I realised that the creators had done this to me, they took my brother from my family, that's where it started and then they took me and then I lost Newt and my brother and was used by them until I was useless and they threw me in the maze. They got the grievers to kill my friends and ruined all of our lives. They killed my brother and wiped every memory I had of everyone I loved.

I wasn't afraid. I was going to see Caleb again.

I had escaped the maze and defied the creators. I had proved I was stronger than what I looked and helped the others escape. I survived the maze just not the aftermath but I still got to see Newt one last time.

I heard him saying my name over and over again, begging me to keep my eyes open and I hadn't even realised I'd closed them. I used the last of my energy to open my eyes and stare at him with a soft smile on my face as I drank in every detail of him.

"Please Sky, please don't leave me!" He begged "Please stay with me!"

"Its okay Newt," I whispered "It's just another scar they've left on my body."

THIRD PERSON POV

Newt screamed as she closed her eyes after whispering her final words to him. He held her in his arms for a while, letting tears glide down his cheeks before he laid her down gently on the floor and turned to see Davis twirling the gun in his fingers while Gally was getting beaten to a pulp my Thomas.

"I'd wanted to do that for a while, actually." Davis smirked at Newt and dropped the gun on the floor, kicking it over to Skylar's limp body before turning to Newt again only to have him dive on top of him and tackle him to the floor.

Newt didn't bother beating Davis up like Thomas had done with Gally. He went straight for the kill, ringing his hands around his neck and squeezing the air out of him until he fell slack underneath him.

The other gladers were staring at the two dead bodies of their friends in shock and sobs could be heard from Teresa and a few of the other gladers. Nobody tried hiding their sadness at the loss of the two happiest gladers they'd ever met.

Newt picked up Skylar's body and hugged her to him. He ignored everyone around him. Ignored the shouting from outside the room. Ignored the thundering footsteps entering the room. Ignored the gunshots and yells from various people.

He barely reacted as people started dragging him away. He didn't let go of Skylar and screamed at anyone who tried to take her from him. They boarded a bus but Newt sat in silence with Skylar in his arms and cried. He didn't listen to any of the explanations they received on the bus journey, he just stared at her body and wept silent tears.

They arrived at a large building where everyone was assigned rooms, beds and clothes and everyone was given food. As soon as Newt had walked into the building with Skylar in his arms she had immediately been ripped away from him. He argued, screamed and lashed out at everyone who tried taking her but they told him they thought they could save her. So he let them.

As everyone ate in a fairly large room that was in between bedrooms, Newt sat on his own in a corner with no food and not bothering to take a shower. Everyone else was talking among themselves but Newt was wrapped up in his own grief. He had lost his best friend and his girlfriend in one day as well as over a dozen other people he had been close to in the glade.

Three days passed and nothing was said about Skylar no matter how much Newt asked about her to the staff. He was forced into showering and eating but he couldn't sleep. Not even if he wanted to.

In the middle of the night he crept out of his room he shared with Thomas, Minho and Frypan and into the middle room where empty pizza boxes were scattered everywhere. Newt didn't do anything, just sat in the dim light with his elbows rested on his knees and his head in his hands and thought of every good thing about Skylar. He'd made a list in his head of everything he loved about her;

- her smile

-her eyes

-her laugh

-her kisses

-her hugs in the middle of the night

-her scars

-how good she was at climbing trees

-how honest she was

-how easy to talk to she was

-everything

He had come to the last conclusion the first night he spent without her and spent the next three days trying to find a fault about her but came up short because he loved everything about her.

While Newt thought about all of this, he noticed something next to the sheet of paper that was stuck on the wall with all of Teresa's information on it. Another sheet of paper was next to it and immediately as he saw it he ran to it to see what it said.

Skylar Green. Group A. Subject A12.

As he saw her name printed on the paper it was like every emotion he had avoided feeling over the past three days had been pushed into him all at once. Happiness, Excitement, Secure, and more.

Without knocking he barged into Teresa's room and ran to the bed closest to him only to be met with an angry looking Teresa glaring at him.

"She's here! She's back!" he whispered to her excitedly before running to the other bed in the room.

Teresa didn't say anything but muttered a response and threw the pillow over her head as she tried to get back to sleep while Newt kneeled next to the other bed.

He didn't have to look at her to know it was definitely her, her breathing was exactly how he remembered as they fell asleep next to each other every night and the happiness he felt as he got closer to her seemed to be all the conformation he needed to pull away the blanket that covered her so he could see her.

He looked down to see her eyes closed and mouth slightly open as her chest rose and fell repeatedly. Newt tried shaking her awake but she wouldn't wake up and Newt feared the worst, Teresa only voiced his thoughts.

"They said she'd be like that for a while." She mumbled then went back to sleep.

Newt didn't care. He would wait for her to wake up again like he had done the past two times and wouldn't leave her side until she did. He would protect her with his life and make sure she never had to go through any sort of pain ever again.

He only had to wait a day but it felt like a year. He was talking to her and telling her about what the people who worked at the building were like and told her about the pizza they had gotten on the first day. Then he felt her hand twitch but it stilled almost immediately.

He squeezed her hand but didn't get a reply and felt his hopes rise and fall in a matter of three seconds.

Newt didn't leave her bedroom and Teresa got annoyed at having to share her bedroom with a boy but Newt ignored her and focused all of his attention on his angel.

He hadn't been to the bathroom in over thirteen hours and was getting up to go and do his business when the sweetest sound he had ever heard filled his ears.

One word was all it took for him to unravel before her. One word was all it took to bring him down to his knees. One word was all it took for him to know that his life would be alright, because she was with him and awake and he couldn't ask for more.

"Newt?"

He didn't care about the Maze, the Grievers or the creators in that moment. He just held his girl in his arms and whispers sweet nothings in her ear as he confirmed to himself that she was with him, alive and okay.

She stayed with him.

And that is my FINAL CHAPTER! Thank you all so much for reading this, I know I'm not the best writer but I hope to improve and I'm going to be editing this and probably re-writing a lot of it as well.

THANK YOU LOVELIES!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 11.1K 32
She awoke in a dark box with no memory of the past. She soon learns that she is the only girl in the glade, and outside the stone walls, lies an ever...
19.6K 339 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...
8.3M 231K 43
Bree is thrown into the glade like everybody else. In a dark metal box with no memory of her past life. She soon comes to realize that her new life i...
565K 11K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...