Chronicles of Yugure: Plummet...

Od Dreaming_Fantasies

[COMPLETED AND ADDING ILLUSTRATIONS/NEW COVER ADDED] Book One of the Yugure series Indulge yourself in a fant... Viac

Copyright Notice
Dedications
Author's Note
Introduction
Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five
Day Six
Day Seven
Day Eight
Day Nine
Day Ten
Day Eleven
Day Twelve
Day Thirteen
Day Fourteen
Day Fifteen
Day Sixteen
Day Seventeen
Day Eighteen
Day Nineteen
Day Twenty
Day Twenty-One
Day Twenty-Two
Day Twenty-Three
Day Twenty-Four
Day Twenty-Five
Day Twenty-Six
Epilogue
Author's Note
Book 2 Day One ~ A Sorrowful Beginning

Index

133 6 2
Od Dreaming_Fantasies

/Thought you all might like a pronunciation list of characters' names and whatnot. So here that is!

This will be edited as the story unfolds, adding new characters, locations, and et cetera./

Characters

Aaryan: (Ar-ree-an)
A troll hired on to seek out the creature catalog written by Enoki.

Achilles Blacktalon: (Ah-kill-eez)
One of the leading gryphon professors in the First Realm. Mentors Enoki as his one and only student.

Adlanniel: (Ahd-lahn-nee-ell)
A kind and caring sky elf who assists Bellsulion in his travels; his right hand lady.

Arylide: (Air-ill-ide)
A golden dragon from Kurai.

Azhur: (Az-shurr)
A yellow dragon in the Hikari Clan.

Bellsulion: (Behl-sool-ee-on)
A sky elf who's culture is vastly centered on steam technology. He is a naturally born leader, ready to lend a hand at will.

Enoki Verdell Gryphoclaw: (Eh-no-key; Ee-no-key | Vur-dell | Grif-foe-clah)
An awkward creature with the ability to control plant life around him and is able to summon plants at his will. A determined, upcoming Botanist and Zoologist, he is adamant that all magic is simply science yet to be explained. He proved this theory once by discovering the workings of his own plant abilities.

Erickson: (Air-eck-sun)
One of Enoki's good gryphon friends from the First Realm.

Fahluaan or Lou: (Fa-loo-ahn)
The caretaker of the large greenhouse in Sendaar's town. This blue raptin is very fond of his garden and rarely leaves it unattended.

General Wardell: (Gen-ur-ul | Ward-el)
The commanding wolfwyre officer of a band of warriors.

General Vannhyde: (Van-hide)
The wolfwyre in command in the underground volcanic fortress of the Volcanic Isles.

Gerahgol: (Gare-ah-gull)
Pink dragon in the Hikari Clan; friends with Azhur.

Hotaru: (Hot-are-oo)
A sarcastic furry lava dragon Enoki and Sendaar met in the volcanic caverns beneath Mt. Kazan.

Kazim: (Kaz-zim)
The unruly son of the troll, Aaryan.

Krah: (Cra)
An ice wyvern controlled by Aaryan's forces.

Lady Asha Elana: (Ah-sha | Eh-lane-ah)
Kind and incredibly wise for her younger age, Asha inherited the throne soon after the death of her parents from the dragon wars of the past. To stop this sort of catastrophe from ever happening again, she made peace with the heir of the Lord that caused this trouble. Luckily, the heir agreed much with Asha and peace treaty has stayed true until this very day.

Lady Fayyim: (Fay-im)
Lady of the Kurai Clan. She seems very prim and proper, despite the more barbaric settings she is placed in.

Lady Hawk Tora: (Tore-ah)
Beautiful and white as her surroundings in the Third Realm, Hawk has no direct ties to the Tsume Pack. The reason is unknown for her decision to be a rogue, but the fact that she is their official ambassador of the clan and the realm is puzzling.

Lord Heiwa: (Ey-wa)
A once wise, noble, and selfless leader of the Hikari Clan. Died in the great Twilight Wars fighting the evil Lord Reikokuna.

Lord Reikokuna: (Rey-co-coon-ah)
Full of hatred and jealousy, the late Lord of Kurai swore the Hikari as enemies and locusts that devour the lands he believed were rightfully his. He devised a plan to decimate his enemies, but the plan ended up backfiring, causing his and his adversary's deaths.

Lord Tohopka: (Tuh-hop-kah)
The rowdy Lord of Kurai and mate to Fayyim. He is very boisterous and enthusiastic with everything.

Mayor Alarick Cahal: (Al-ah-rik | Ca-hall)
The new head of Sendaar's town board. A bit nervous of his new position and worries about never being as good as mayor as his late mother was.

Milah Aarush: (Mee-la | A-roosh)
A bipedal dragon known as a palm dragon. Probably in his mid-to-late-thirties in maturity /not physical age/, he has much experience with his surroundings and trade as a fisherman.

Namazzi or Naz: (Na-mah-zee)
Sendaar's mount and friend. A kelpie that lives in the Volcanic Isles.

Ninjin: (Nin-jin)
One of the Orange Triplets from Kurai.

Orenji: (Orange-ee)
The eldest of the Orange Triplets.

Rilien: (Rill-ee-ehn)
The brilliant Sky Elf inventor from the Spires and esteemed member of the Yugurian Guard. Despite his age, Rilien's IQ can stand tall next to the brightest minds in Yugure.

Sango: (Sang-go)
Another one of the Orange Triplets from the Kurai Clan.

Sendaar: (Send-ahr)
A pyroraptin with mysterious knowledge on a realm not his own. His beloved wife is Vahra.

Shadequill Melantha: (Mel-an-thuh)
Dark purple like a plum shining in the twilight sky, Shadequill is quite a sight. Being a graduated student of the one and only Professor Blacktalon, she stays by her old teacher as his assistant, helping with experiments and projects. She is also a good friend of Enoki's.

Shimo the White: (She-moe)
The wise snowy owl that guards the Tsume territory from possible threats. There is more to this owl that meets the eye.

Skylar: (Skye-lar)
A blue-jay gryphon who doesn't quite care for Enoki and his friends.

Suna: (Soo-na)
One of Enoki's caravan friends. She comes to the First Realm every other season to bring goods to trade with the gryphons.

Tinco: (Tink-oh)
A humorous robot with an eccentric character built by Rilien. Originally built to be a sentry for his creator's workshop, Tinco found his skills lied elsewhere-where elsewhere is, however, is not certain. Tinco remains a sentry guard until he discovers his true calling.

Vahraniik or Vahra: (Vah-rah-neek | Vah-rah)
An alchemist in one of the many raptin towns of the Volcanic Isles, she knows her trade well. Her skills exceed all other raptins known to practice the art of alchemy.

Vashti: (Vah-shh-tee)
Mistress to the Lady of Kurai.

Realms

First Realm: (N/A)
A forest in a bowl. The gryphons are the primary residents in this large and rainy habitat. Once lost to the rest of Yugure, its portals vanished. No one knows how or why. During that time, it was Professor Blacktalon that found a solution and built a machine that would bring back the portals and ensure the future of their society.

Second Realm: (N/A)
The land of the dragons is mostly in need of repairs. Although much has changed between the viewpoints of the two dragon clans, the aesthetics of the realm has not since the dragon wars.

Third Realm: (N/A)
Prehistoric and covered in blankets upon blankets of snow, the frosty forest brings any tourist back in time to a land of ice. Although there aren't many tourists there to enjoy the Ice Age, the natives find it home.

Ancient Catacombs: (N/A)
Said to have been formed by the decaying carcass of a legendary sea serpent, the Catacombs actually doesn't have dead bodies lying around. The name truly originated from the myth surrounding its creation.

Volcanic Isles: (N/A)
Multiple islets string from the large volcanic island that is centered in this realm. There is more ocean than there is land, but that doesn't stop these islands from flourishing with a healthy population of raptins and other tropical beings.

The Spires: (N/A)
Plateaus make up most of this realm. The only way grounded creatures get around is to walk over long and narrow bridges elevated above seemingly endless drops. The bottom of the realm is covered with fog and the only way down is to find one of the passageways on the plateaus that spiral down to the bottom. Also home to the race called Sky Elves.

Tribes, Clans, and Other Important Names

Hikari Clan: (Hic-car-ee)
The clan of the bright and colorful light dragons. These dragons are known for their elegance and gracefulness. Their clan is always ruled by one with great poise and an honest tongue.

Kurai Clan: (Cur-eye)
The clan of the dark and mysterious night dragons. Opposite to their counterparts, the dark dragon species is well known for their brute strength and headstrong attitude. They most always get their way. Their ruler is always the strongest and determined of the bunch; this usually means a change in management happens often, leaving the Kurai Clan a tad disorganized.

Mt. Kazan: (Kah-zan)
The largest volcano in the Volcanic Isles. It's centered in the realm's mainland, fuming smoke and ashes across its perimeter. Rumor has it that there are tunnels stretching underneath the volcano; good place to have a secret fortress.

The Tree of Never-Ending Twilight:
Also known as the Tree of Twilight or the Twilight Tree. It's said to have the magical abilities that keep the Hikari and Kurai dragons' powers balanced. It's really just a large blue tree.

Tsume Pack: (Sue-may)
Mostly superstitious and a little too primitive in their lifestyle considering the advanced civilizations in the realms around them, the Tsumes live in a black and white world, literally. Their snow covered realm is as tough and rustic as they are. Although they consist of a diverse population of sabertooths, the High Male and High Female are always the same species.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

17.4K 1.5K 30
[complete] "A human, a wulver, and a fairy walk into a witch's hut." It was like the start of a bad joke. Fleeing from her home in the States after...
2.5K 458 20
Life is a roller-coaster of emotions. Discovering the upcoming continental war between humans and creatures thought to be mythical is a BIG-BONE hind...
31 3 13
Give a min-maxed adventuring party a dragon in the dungeon, or some orcs, or even a green slime, and they'll be pretty sure how to respond; but there...
910 37 26
Magicfolk had coexisted with humans once, back when magic had still existed. They lived in harmony, using their gifts to help the humans. But, the hu...