Why Me?

By xlovexme

Caroline French thinks she's a nerd. A dork. A complete klutz. That is until she is bewildered by the fact th... More

Why Me? ~ Caroline
Chapter Two ~ Something Sweet
Chapter Four ~ A Shoulder to Cry On

Chapter Three ~ Tears and Acceptance

125 2 8
By xlovexme

===============================================================================

Adam's P.O.V.

Caroline suddenly stopped in the middle of the hallway. 

"What's wrong?" I stupidly asked her. I already knew what was wrong. 

"I got detention, Adam! That's what's wrong!" Tears came pouring out of her beautiful eyes. I hated seeing her like this. I pulled her into a hug and held her close. She sobbed into my shirt. Even though we had only been a couple today, we were really close.

We had always been. 

I rubbed her back. 

"It's okay. It's not the end of the world." I smiled. She took everything so seriously, which made her even more adorable. 

She pulled away from me and shook her head. 

"You don't understand." She looked up at me. I could feel how bad she was hurting. 

She wiped the tears off of her face, and we both started walking toward detention again. 

I suddenly felt my heart feeling as though it had dropped into my lower intestine. I felt really bad about this. It had all been my fault that she got detention. 

And really, I couldn't tell her that everything would be okay, because detentions went on our student records.

And she knew that. 

I stopped her just as she was about to open the detention door. She immedietly turned her head.

"Huh?" She looked at me confused. 

"You'll be fine." I kissed her head. She smiled. We both held hands again as we entered detention. Caroline took seat in the way back, and I took a seat next to the wall. 

=============================================================================

Caroline's P.O.V. 

After I took my seat, I looked around. Everyone in the room I catagorized as the 'bad students' at school.

Except for Adam of course.

Ms.Andida started talking. "Students, you know how I am about detention. Well, most of you do at least. It seems we have a new member of detention. Ms.French, I hope I won't be seeing you here much." 

Everyone in the classroom turned around to look at me. I sank into my seat and blushed. I hoped so too. 

"Anyways, I'll go over the rules once again in case any of you have forgotten. First of all, absolutely no talking! Second, no cell phones or any other electronic devices you kids have these days." I slid my phone out of my purse and turned my phone off. I knew I wasn't the most popular kid, so I probably wouldn't get calls or texts of any sort, but get in further trouble was not something I was planning to do.

"Lastly, no leaving. I know it seems obvious, but some brainless students have left over the years. Any other bad thing to do that you could possibly think of you shouldn't do out of common sense....and..that's about it. I'll be back in an hour or two." 

Everybody in the room looked so impatient for her to leave. Soon enough, she walked out the door and the room was completely silent.

I looked over at Adam. He was staring at the clock, just like everyone else in the room was. Suddenly, everyone got out of their seats, and starting moving things around. Two girls got up on the desks near the wall, and started opening up all the windows. 

Adam walked over to me. 

"Listen, we have a whole thing planned out. It'll be fine. In a few minutes you'll see what's going on." Adam whispered to me. 

Adam, Paul, and some guy from the football team started moving a huge bookshelf in front of the door. No one could enter now. 

What were they doing? 

Adam walked over to me and grabbed my hand. He lead me over to one of the desks by the window. 

"Okay, now, climb up there and I'll help push you up so you can climb out the window." He whispered. 

"Adam! No! We'll get in so much trouble!" I marched my way back over to my desk and sat down stubbornly. I pouted out my lips. 

Adam walked back over to me, while everyone else in the class started climbing out the windows. 

"You know you're adorable when you make that face." He smiled. I might have cracked a laugh, but I tried to stay serious. 

"Adam. Seriously. I'm not leaving no matter how many times you compliment me." I protested.

"That's okay. I wasn't going to make you leave anyways." 

"Okay. Well, bye I guess." I sighed. I really didn't want to be alone, but a good career meant a lot to me. 

"No, I'm not leaving. Not if you're not." Adam shook his head. 

I immedietly stood up and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me too. 

Paul was climbing out of the window just now.

"Are you sure you guys sure you don't want to leave?"  Paul questioned us. 

I started to speak up, but Adam did it for me. 

"Yeah. We're staying." He nodded.

I looked up at him. He must be the sweetest boy that exists. 

===============================================================================

Adam's P.O.V.

 I was really suprised that Caroline didn't want to leave. 

But, really, I shouldn't be.

I've known her long enough to know that she wouldn't do something bad for the life of her.

"Thanks." Caroline smiled at me as I took her hand. 

"Don't mention it." I smiled back at her. "You don't think I'd leave you here alone, do you?" 

"Well, no, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be peer-pressure that would make you leave. I don't nessasarily think it would be 'cool'to stay in detention when everyone else is leaving. Especially with the nerd-girl." Caroline looked at the ground. I can't believe she thought she thought of herself like that.

"You're not a nerd!" I looked at her and shook my head disapprovingly. "You're awesome! You're one of the best people I know! Definetly better then Amber." 

"Pfft. I wish." 

"It's true. If it wasn't, I would have asked Amber out, right?" I smiled.

"Aww!" Caroline stood up from her seat and kissed me on the cheek.

That suprised me.

I didn't think she was the type of girl who liked relationships going fast.

Yet, I didn't think she thought of herself as a nerd-girl, either.  

==============================================================================

Caroline's P.O.V.

Goodness, how can Adam get sweeter than this?

 He's asked me out, stayed with me during detention, and now endless compliments? God, I must be dreaming. 

Adam walked over to the door and pushed the bookshelf back where it had been before. We sat and talked for a bit about what we were doing later today.

Sooner than we knew it, Ms.Andida burst through the door. 

She had an exhausted expression on her face. Her eyes were closed, and her hair was a mess. 

"Students, you-" She blinked a few times, probably wondering if she was seeing everything right. "Where, where did everyone go?!" She pulled her hair as she scoped the room for clues to how they all got out. 

"Ms. Andida?" I called to her, wondering if she even noticed that Adam and I were still here. 

"Uhuh?" She replied back to me, still looking around. 

"They left through those windows. And...and we didn't leave because we knew we would get in further trouble." I nodded. She turned around and walked over to Adam and I. 

"Is that so?" Ms.Andida said, putting her hands on the desk I was sitting at. I must of looked very frightened, because Adam started talking right away.

"Yes, that is so. Those windows right over there." He pointed.  "Now, are we in trouble too, or can we leave, because we have a lot of homework to work on." Adam replied with what my mother would call a 'tone'. 

"Yes, you are free to leave." Ms.Andida waved her hand.

Adam and I both got up and walked out of the door. I turned my phone back on, and checked it. Stacy had texted me at least seven times. They all said something along the lines of:

Stacy: Want to hang out?

Stacy: Hello?? Caroline!

I texted her back, so she wouldn't worry.

Caroline: Stace! I'm sorry I was in detention. I can't believe it. I'll call you in a little bit, k? Right now I'm with Adam. :]

"Hey, Caroline, I have to go, I'm really sorry." Adam looked at me with a blank look. 

"Oh, okay." I smiled. I felt as though today we had gotten so much closer, because we had. He pulled me into his arms, and we stayed like that for what I wished was forever. 

~Hope you liked it! It wasn't as long as the last one, but I hope you liked it just as much. Special thanks to my now official editor @xSpencerxReidx for helping me! ♥ -Flyinpiggy123~

Continue Reading