Don't Runaway [Book 2]

By Alexander226

The second book of the 'Don't Say No'. Warning: may contain strong language, sexual contact, and violence... More

Copyright
Don't Runaway
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Writer's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18/Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Don't Miss and more

Chapter 24

23.7K 1.2K 110
By Alexander226

Taking in the ocean breeze was all I needed to escape my worries. The sound of the waves hitting the water wildly like on a real beach. I never seen it make waves before. Gazing out, I felt like I was waiting. Which I was in a way. Olivia, Dawn called her Olivia.

"You came again," I heard her say from behind me.

Turning towards her I smiled. "Hi again."

She smiled back, "Hello Edea."

"Your name its Olivia, right?" she nodded her head as she stretched out her eagle like wings.

"I take it she woke," Olivia said as sat on the sand. I nodded my head once as I sat next to her.

"Olivia, I have a question. I have a good idea what it all means but what is a life mate?"

Olivia laughed to the point that she fell back and lied on the sand. "It as it sounds. To a vampire a life mate is someone that can't live without."

I have her an annoying look as if to say 'don't make fun of me'. Victor called me a life mate and it has to be a mistake. I mean his brother and my sister are together. He's like my brother in-law. There is no way for use to be a couple. Not that I was thinking about it or anything. "How do you know who they are your life mate?"

She sat up right and pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged her legs close to her. "My father use to tell us it was like magic. You can't live without that people. All you want to do it love them, protect them, and forever be by their side. But every case is different."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well sometimes if a vampire had many lovers who died or had been murder they would try to push their life mate away to protect them. They would rather have their mate hate them and leave just so they wouldn't hurt him or her. Other times the vampire can act like a child and be very... loving."

"Do they act like perverted dogs?" I asked rolling my eyes a little.

She laughed once more, "There was never a day my father didn't seduce my mother to bed. I don't know how many time we had to worn each other to not get close to the house until they were done. But yes, my father didn't have a whole lot of self-control unlike many others I knew about."

"So how do you know for sure that person is your life mate?"

"Are you telling me you have a vampire lusting after you?" I didn't say anything knowing my face had showed it all. My ears were burning and my cheeks were blushed. She only smiled at me and then gazed up at the blue sky. "One way to know is if their eyes glow red but they can to that to anyone that attracts them. And the other way is if you get pregnant on the first try."

"What? Anyone can get pregnant on the first try." I have to get pregnant to know if I'm his life mate. What kind of silly shite is this?

"Vampires can't have a child with just anyone, only with their mate. It's how it has been since from the beginning."

"Can you have more than one mate?"

She bobbed her head from left to right, thinking, "It's rare but you can have more than one mate but it can take hundreds or even thousands of years to found another mate." Olivia lied her head on her knees and looked at me. "This man you like, did he have a mate?"

"He was married once but I don't know... what!" I said getting up on my feet. "I don't like him! Victor is a pig and a bastard. He stole my first kiss!" I yelled.

She giggled, "So this man is named Victor." I inhaled deeply. "I don't know if she was his life mate but if he married her he may have loved her. But try not to compete with a corpses," she smiled.

"I'm not!" Damn it I said as she laughed again. How was she doing that? She was so easy to talk to and she was a vampire herself.

She smiled again but it slowly fainted as she glanced at the ocean. I followed her gaze as she slowly got up and walked over to the water. I looked at her thinking I should say something but I heard this bubbling sound coming from the ocean. Walking towards it I watched a part of the water boil until an explosion of water went into the sky as a power wind blow our way making me guard my face. I could see Olivia's face grow hard without any emotion and she let the wind hit her face, unguarded.

As the wind died down I let my arms down, watching the ocean ease down. "What was that?!" I yelled.

"My brother," she said. "They are waking Edea... and so will I."

"But how? I thought you need blood from a human relative. Meaning me, or-"

"He has your blood Edea," she said looking at me as she narrowed her eyes.

"That's isn't possible."

"It seems you have a leak on your end."

"Who?"

"You don't have a lot of time. Warn the others. You have twelve hour," she said as another explosion happened. "Go!"

I woke in a panic as my heart pounded against my ribcage. I felt sweaty and sticky like the room was boiling. Looking around the room for anyone as I was taking a deep breath. Swing my legs off the bed and onto the floor I wobbled to the bathroom to the sink.

Splashing cold water on my face to cool me, I still felt uneasy, panicked, and shocked. Damn you Crevan. I won't let you have her. Not after all I have been through. Glaring at myself in the mirror a knock came from the door. I stared at it for a moment until I heard Beth's voice.

"Miss. Edea," she said worried like and then started to bang on the door. "Please, open up something troubling happened."

Without a single thought I ran to the door, unlocked it, and said "what happened?" In her maid outfit, she gave me a smile. "What happened?" I said again confused. Why was she smiling?

"You died," she giggled as she made a fist and punched me in the gut. I felt the wind kick out of me as she pushed me in the room, came in and closed the door behind her.

"What... are you... doing..."I tried to say hugging myself in a ball.

"I'm sorry Miss. Edea but you're getting in my way," she said walked around me, watching me.

"You're working for Crevan?"

She smiled but looked away to the ceiling and took a deep breath, "No I'm working for Melantha, I'm ashamed to say." This woman was crazy. "You see Melantha promised me that I will reunited with my sister, Nina. And I can't let this opportunity pass me. Even if it's a lie I most know."

"You idiot," I whispered. She kicked me in the stomach again as I inhaled deeply. I felt like I was seeing stars. Damn this woman and punch and kick.

"The real idiot is you," she said leaning down as she gripped my hair in a full fist. Putting my hands on her arm I started to dig my finger nails in her but that made her anger. I watched her face form into those werewolf that you see in the movies. To tell the true if I wasn't so pissed off I would I shite myself by now.

In pure fear I kicked her in the stomach as hard as I could. Losing her grip on my hair she bad up and growled. She started to get taller, bigger, Bader, holy shite... I think I craped myself. My month dropped, spun around and ran to the door and out the hall way.

God if you're real, please save me. I never fought in my life and god if I live I'm joining boxing or something. "Help!" I screamed as loud as I could. At the same time I could heard Beth on all four running after me. "Fuck you," I yelled at her as I ran down the stairs and made a sharp turn into another hall. "Help!" where the hell was everyone.

Before I knew it she jumped me smacking me into the floor. Squeezing my eye shut from the pain, I thought she may have deflated my chest, even if they are real I would be surprised if they popped. "You won't get away with this," I yelled in pain.

"Watch me," she growled marking her voice sound like nothing of a humans.

"Ah!" Beth bit down onto my shoulder. Trying to shack her off she pressed her body down to still me as she digger deeper into my skin. I felt the tears stream out as I cried in pain. Opening my eyes and looking down the hall I saw Victor and Connor running towards me as Beth took a couple more second, nesting her teeth in me before letting go.

Connor run pass me to get Beth while Victor came to my side not knowing were to touch me. "God, Edea what happened? I'm so sorry... I-"he took my hand as gentle as he could.

"What took you so long," I interrupted him with a smile. Damn my shoulder hurts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 20 32
*Book One of the Blood, Sweat, and More Blood series* In a world where the supernatural exist in secret, those who wish to learn how to defend themse...
18 1 13
This is the continuation from Summer Tide. As always, commentary and rating of the story is welcome. This story is dedicated to... To Kassie for bein...
12.1K 753 39
The sequel to Dream "Wait a minute" I put up a hand. "Don't I get a say in what magic I want to use?" He smiles an evil grin that sends a shiver up m...
367K 9.1K 30
Skyler grew up watching her father beat her mother senseless. She watched as her once beautiful mother become only a shell of a woman she used to be...