A Blind Date

By _justanotherwriter_

When Cassandra William's boyfriend of 6 months ditches her, she is set up on blind date after blind date afte... More

Chapter One: The Date
Chapter Two: The First Day
Chapter Three: Reunion
Chapter Four: Ryan
Chapter Five: An Invite At Lunch
Chapter Six: The Party
Chapter Seven: Fights and Hugs
Chapter Eight: Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter Nine: Ex-Boyfriend Say What?!
Chapter Ten: Confession
Chapter Eleven: Jealous
Chapter Twelve: Violet
Chapter Thirteen: Save the Drama for the Llama.
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Talk Things Out
Chapter Fifteen: FAKE BOYFRIEND SAY WHAT?
Chapter Sixteen: But, after all, rules are meant to be broken.
Chapter Seventeen: The Truth (Well, some of it).
Chapter Eighteen: Dream
Chapter Nineteen: The Line Between Love and Hate
Chapter Twenty: Cold Shoulder
Chapter Twenty-One: Confusion
Chapter Twenty-Two: I sound like a person in a cheesy pop song.
Chapter Twenty-Three: All Right
Chapter Twenty-Four: God, you sound like Cher Lloyd.
Chapter Twenty-Six: Colin and a new mission.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Phase One-Keep Calm
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Shoulder to Cry On
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Fight, An Introduction, Revenge and Swinging.
Chapter Thirty: A Lesson in Funology.
Chapter Thirty-One: Wishing, Sheila, and Talking.
Chapter Thirty-Two: SURPRISE!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Drama, Jealously and a Motherly Talk.
Chapter Thirty-Four: Marcus Taylor.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Mean Girls.
Chapter Thirty-Six: An Invitation and A Talk
Chapter Thirty-Seven: I guess I have a crowd now.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Truth or Dare.
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I hate you.
Chapter Forty: Alex? Alex who?
Chapter Forty-One: Meeting the Parents.
Chapter Forty-Two: Scared.
Chapter Forty-Three: An Overblown, Over-the-top Sweet Gesture.
Chapter Forty-Four: Masquerade.
Chapter Forty-Five: Remember?
SEQUEL UPLOADED!

Chapter Twenty-Five: Introductions and Eavesdropping

174K 3.9K 731
By _justanotherwriter_

People want revenge on Violet. What do all of you think?

And after requests to make the stories longer, here goes. 

And I added links to all of Cass's outfits in the chapters, go look! 

<3

______________________________________________________________________________

My phone beeped with a text from Alex. 

Want to come over today? 

Smiling at my phone, I replied. 

Spend more time than necessary with you? No thx. 

A moment later I got a message. 

We have that history project due on Wednesday... ;) 

How did I forget about that?! The partner project must have just slipped my mind. 

I hate you, be there in half an hour. 

I was still in my PJ's on this beautiful Saturday morning, and needed a proper outfit. After getting dressed in a sweater and jeans, I tied my hair in a fishtail braid. Slipping on my converse, I raced downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was in there, drinking a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper. 

http://www.polyvore.com/alexs_house/set?id=90697181

"Hey, mom! I'm going to a friend's house to work on a project, I'll be back soon."  I informed her as I helped myself to some coffee. 

"Dad and I might not be here, we have some meetings to take care of," she commented back, not even looking up from the paper. 

"Like usual," I muttered, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. 

"What was that?" My mother brought her ice blue eyes to mine. 

"I asked if I can take the honda," I sighed, lying through my teeth. This was the norm. I basically lived in this house by myself. Fun, right?

She nodded, going back to the paper. Shaking my head, I went outside into the autumn weather, and hurriedly went into the car. I still remembered the way to Alex's house from the party and I reached there in about 5 minutes. Parking, I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. A little girl with bright red hair and green eyes looked up at me, suspiciously. She was dressed in a pink sundress and the red curls cascaded down her back. 

"Can I help you?" She piped up. The gears clicked in my head. 

"You must be Sophie!" I exclaimed, grinning. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Do I know you?" 

I face palmed myself. "No, but, your brother, Alex, told me about you!" I explained. 

"Are you his girlfriend?" 

Heat rose to my cheeks. "No, we're just friends. I don't even know why we're friends, I don't even like him!" 

Sophie gave me an adorable smile. "So, you don't even like my brother?"

"I think it's fair enough to say I hate him." 

"You must be Cass." 

How did she know my name?

"Did your ding-dong of a brother tell you who I am?" Now, it was my turn to narrow my eyes at her. 

"Yup," she nodded her head. "And I like you." She grinned. 

Suddenly, Alex appeared at the door, running a hand through his hair. 

"Soph! What are you doing here? Shoo!" He gestured to his sister, who was scowling at him. 

"Why do you hate her? I like her. She called you a ding-dong of a brother!" Sophie giggled, skipping away. 

Alex shook his head after her. "Sorry about her, she's like my second mother. Ding-dong of a brother?" He raised an eyebrow at me. 

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, so, are you going to let me in or just stay out here?" 

Smooth subject change, Cass. He moved to the side, letting me pass. He led me into what I assumed was the family room, which was HUGE! A giant flat screen was on one end, with various gaming devices attached to it. Couches were on one side, with little dolls and other toys on the floor. A coffee table sat in the middle. I plopped down on one of them and looked at Alex expectantly. 

"So, about the pro-" I was interrupted by what I assumed was Alex's brother, Jared, if I remember correctly, walking into the room. 

"Alex, have you seen-" He noticed me awkwardly sitting there. I stood up and introduced myself. 

"Hi, I'm Cass," I mumbled, my shy side taking over. He was the exact replica of Alex, expect his eyes were gray and he looked older. 

"I'm Jared. So, you must be my little bro's girl, huh?" 

Why does everyone think that?! 

"No, no, we're not together. Just in a partner project for school," I cleared up, blushing. 

"Wow, you can really blush." This comment only caused me to turn a a brighter shade of red. 

"Look, you did it again!" Alex now had joined in on the fun. This only made the coloring of my face worse. I used my hands to cover up my cheeks. 

"Stop looking," I mumbled into my palms, shoving Alex with my elbow. My phone rang and I glanced at it. Kate. 

"I'll be right back, I got to take this." Walking into the dining room, I answered the phone. 

"Hello?" 

"Cass, hey, you weren't at your house, and your mom said that you had gone to a friends house. You don't have any friends so that-" 

"Gee, thanks, best friend, for that real self-esteem booster!" But it was true, I didn't have any friends except for Kate and now, I guess, Alex. 

"You know its true! So, that must mean your at ALEX'S HOUSE!" She squealed, almost causing my eardrums to bleed. 

"Calm down, yes, I'm here, but only because of a partner project. Speaking of which, I have to go! I'll text you later!" Without waiting for an answer, I pressed end. Just as I was about to enter the family room again, I heard Jared and Alex deep in conversation. 

It can't hurt to listen, right?

No, eavesdropping is bad, Cass!

Yeah, its rude! 

But...

Naughty, naughty, Cass.

Crouching down, I hid behind one of the couches, and crept forward, so that if I peeked over the corner of the couch, I could see Alex and Jared. 

"Dude, grow some balls and ask her out!" That sounded like Jared. 

"We're in a difficult situation right now.... it's awkward. Plus, Cass really isn't into me." 

They were talking about me?!

"She's hot, dude! Just asking won't hurt, Alex!"

He thought I was hot? Cue instant blush. 

"Yeah, I know she's hot, but, I, we, Cass, UGH, it's just hard to explain. Cass does not like me, and I don't really know what I think about her yet!" 

Alex. Thought. I. Was. Hot! My cheeks reddened and I got this fluttery feeling in my stomach. I did like him! Why couldn't he see that? Well, maybe because you tell him you hate him every chance you get, Cass

Yup, I definitely liked him. 

I move one more step, to get closer, but I guess one of Sophie's toys must have been there, because they next thing I knew, I was on the ground, yelping. Alex and Jared rushed over. What do I do? 

Um...

Play dead! 

I closed my eyes and put my head to the side, taking in shallow breaths.

"Cass?" Alex called out. I could tell he was bent down next to me, 

"Cass??" Worry crept into his tone and he clutched my chin. shaking my head, trying to wake me up. I ignored the tingles I got when he touched me and continued my silence. Alex bent over to me, head hovering on my chest. 

"Her heart beat is fine, but she's barely breathing." Alex grabbed one of my hands, rubbing small circles into it. I literally was going to faint by the sparks that ran through me as Alex touched my knuckles. I heard shuffling next me, so Jared must be crouching next to me. 

"I think I'm going to have to give her mouth to mouth." 

WHAT?! 

My eyes flew open, and I took a deep breath of air. 

"Hey," I laughed nervously. Immediately, Jared and Alex began laughing. Like rolling on the floor, crying laughter. Pouting, I got up and crossed my arms. 

"I almost died, what's so funny!" I exclaimed, sticking to my story. 

"W-we, k-knew you were th-there the whole time!" Alex managed to gasp out. 

Oh. 

"I wans't there, I was walking back and I slipped fell, and must have hit my head!" 

Alex and Jared got up from the floor, still slightly chuckling. 

"Sure..." Jared rolled his eyes. I got to say, their mother produced some good looking sons. 

But, that means nothing they say was true. Feeling slightly disappointed, I gave them both the evil eye. 

"Alex, can we just work on the project? Let's go to your room." I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the stairs. 

"If you wanted to go the bedroom, all you had to do was ask, babe," Alex chuckled lowly behind me. Rolling my eyes, I stomped up the staircase. 

Jared called after us. "Use protection!" Shooting him a disgusted look, I let go of Alex's hand, despite every fiber in my being telling me to hold on and never let go. 

**************************************************************************************************************

I flipped the page again, jotting down a couple notes. I was lying on Alex's bed (ignore the innuendo) and leafing through our history textbook, taking notes on various presidents and how they influenced our lifestyles today.

Meanwhile, Alex was throwing a mini basketball into a hoop attached to his door, and failing miserably. We had been like this for about an hour and I grew more and more irritated by the second. I guess in the back of my mind, I had always wondered what Alex's room would be like, because your room reflects your personality. But, when I first entered his room, I realized it couldn't have been anything else. The walls were a navy blue and the bed was black. A desk was pushed into one corner, books strewn across. And get this: it was neat. Neater than my room, and I'm a stickler for organization. A bookshelf was in the other corner and a TV was on the other wall. 

"Are you going to help?" I snapped my patience worn out.

"I thought we were taking turns," Alex replied, throwing the ball and missing, AGAIN.

"Okay. It's your turn to do some ACTUAL work." I snatched the ball from his hands, standing next to him in the swively chair.

"Ha. I'd like to see you try to make that." He snorted, looking pointedly at the ball. I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, really? If I make a shot, you have to...." I stopped, thinking. "Be my personal servant." I smirked.

"And if you don't...." He paused, also thinking. "I show you how to have fun." 

"I know how to have fun!" I protested, stomping my foot. 

"When's the last time you did something crazy?" 

As I opened my mouth to answer, he stopped me. "And not going on Tumblr for a day is not what am I looking for." This made me close my mouth, glaring at him. 

"I go out with Kate to parties and stuff!" 

"How many parties have you been to last year, before you knew me or become friends with Ben?" 

I stopped, racking my brains. "None, but still, I know how to have fun!" 

"Sure you do. The bet is the same, just throw the ball." He nodded. 

Muttering to myself, I threw it. It rolled on the rim of the hoop and.... didn't go in. 

"Can I get two tries because I can't throw for my life?" I gave Alex my best puppy dog eyes. 

After a moment, he sighed. "Fine." 

"Yay!" I squealed, picking up the ball again. 

Ew, Kate must be rubbing off on me. 

I threw one more time, and... GOAL! 

"I made it, I made it, I made it," I began my victory dance right there. "I beat you, I beat you," I chanted, looking at Alex. 

"Woah, woah, woah. You got two chances, so let's make a compromise. I'll be your servant on our day of fun." He stood up, holding his hands up. 

I sighed. "Fine, but I don't know how your going to be funner than all this." I gestured to my body, giving him a 'what now?' look. 

"Anybody who uses the word 'funner,' which isn't even a word, aren't very fun people." 

"Whatever." 

He sat back down and began swiveling around in the chair, going around and around and around and- 

I gripped the chair, causing him to stop turning. My arms were on either side of him and my face was mere inches from his. A warm blush rose to my cheeks at our proximity. My eyes flew to his lips, looking all full and pink. I could just kiss him right now. 

But I won't. 

Because I'm doing exactly what Alex did for me. 

Stopping me from getting my heart broken. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 Hey guys! 

So, what do you think? I really appreciate all the "update soon" and "can't wait for chapter" because it shows that you like my writing, but I would be even more happier if you told me what you liked, or disliked. It would really improve my writing and your reading experience! So, scrawl on my message board, comment, or private message me! <3

Don't forget to vote and follow for updates! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 149 30
Cassie Browns a model photographer is set up by her best friend Elise on a blind date. When the date goes wrong her only hope is the upcoming new pro...
197K 9.6K 45
A strange man by the name of Collin claims he comes from 25 years into the future and tells Emma that she will be married in a year's time. He even...
18.8K 932 53
MAIN CHARACTERS: CHANLIX BANGCHAN + FELIX Bangchan and Felix are pushed into going on a blind date orchestrated by their friends from a Match.Com d...
51 4 5
It was an accident when his car hit her and he made a good decision to get her to a hospital. But she regained consciousness on the way and proposed...