Flaws

By badbadhabits

Alpha's have been extinct for a while now. It has been decades since the last one has been spoted. A series o... More

"You're one to talk."
"Like a gang."
"Not a word."
"Drink for me"
"I can be your trap. "
"Please."

"Nothing."

78 3 12
By badbadhabits

Vada was the coolest person ever.

I've come to know that she was only one fourth human. She was also the first member of Caden's pack. Her family, including her daughter, was killed by the dissenter and boy was she full of vengeance. On a journey to find the dissenters, Cade and she met. While she had every intention to kill them, Caden decided to use their knowledge to his advantage. And therefore, that's the story of how the pack formed in the first place.
As soon as she learned that she had to kill one, she was pumped.

We were now waiting on the dissenter to come back.

During our wait, I decided to make use of our time. I practically begged Vada to start training me. While I knew it was a good plan, I was kind of terrified of it. I needed to be able to protect myself if something went wrong. It would help my mental preparation for the mission.

Mission? What are you, James Bond?

She started by showing me a picture of the guy. He was average height, somewhat buff. Shoulder length hair. Other than that nothing really stood out about him.

Her training was very different to what I was used to. Training with Evan generally meant him giving me instructions and perfecting my posture every once in a while. Vada on the other hand was a different story. She was all action. There was no lesson. I would have to learn from my mistakes. If I did something wrong, she wouldn't hesitate to put me down and show me the power she had over me.

Even though my body was covered in bruises and my muscles screamed, I absolutely loved it. This type of training was practical. I felt more prepared. It was like everything was happening live in action.

Vada had been by my side for over 12 hours now. She and Caden decided to switch places occasionally. For now, I was on surveillance 24/7 by either one of them. She was now napping in my guest room. Me and Caden were waiting for her to wake up from her beauty sleep so we could finalize our plan.

"Vada's training you? Do you even run?" Caden was being his annoying self. He was mocking me ever since he found out Vada was training me. I truly believe in annoyed at first sight.

"Yes." Out of patience, fucks and money.

"Right. What's the first thing you notice when someone approaches you?"

"The audacity." I spoke with a mouth full of popcorn. Having the manners of a caveman. Something he was naturally talented at. A talent he demonstrated a few hours ago.
I had been lounging on my sofa when Cade barged into my apartment.

As always.

I should start locking the door.

Now we were sitting in front of the tv. Me munching while he looked plain irritated. I turned to look at him when he was abnormally quiet. Something had changed. He looked different today.

"Hey, did you get a haircut?" He had a military haircut now. It suited him. His, now noticeable, jaw was as almost sharp as my wit.

"No, I died the ends of my hair invisible."

"Jeez, who crapped in your cheerios today?" I exclaimed for him to give me a sharp look. Mr. grumpy pants was being extra mature this evening.

"Don't you have anything better to do than talk to me? Like I don't know, count your hair or something." He said with a dismissive tone. The nerve of this guy!

"Being a dick won't make yours bigger." I practically spat out each word.

"You know if you ran like your mouth, maybe you'd be in good shape."

I was going to chop him in his sleep.

Not much later, a lethargic Vada stomped out of her room. Her hands in the air in exaggeration as words escaped her mouth. "Children! The both of you."

That shut us up wonderfully.

Two cups of coffee later, Vada sat there fuming at us. We hadn't let her have her evening nap. I blame the hulk on the opposite side of the table from me. Caden started discussing the implementation of his plan. To put it simply, It sucked. It had too much grey area and I was confused as to what to do. It didn't make sense. I didn't know what I was to do for like 50% of the plan.

His plan was more like do what feels right and hope for the best.

So, I started to throw ideas. Making it more specific. Like how I needed backup at all times. Where things could go wrong. What to do in any situation/outcome. Caden kept disagreeing with my perfect plan. Changing it in stupid ways saying too many details would confuse everyone. What a moron.

The plan altered by the minute. It would suddenly take a 180 and change into a whole new idea. This was all due to the difference of opinion between me and Caden. Me not accepting his moronic ideas. Caden disagreeing with my tactical details.
Vada sat there looked back and forth between us with a dumbfounded expression.

"I can describe the plan to you, but I can't understand it for you." I don't think there has ever been an Alpha as stubborn as this dude in all of history.

"No, you're right let's do this the dumbest way possible because that way it would be easier for you to comprehend."

"Well aren't you a little ray of disrespect." By disrespect I meant little bitch.

"I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter."

"See this is the reason why they say women don't work as hard as men. It's because they do it properly the first time and don't end up regretting their senseless ideas later."

"I don't have the time nor the crayons to explain this to you, Lina." This stubborn piece of shit was going to get me killed.

Vada sat there rubbing her temples at us while we barked at each other. Probably wondering why she was stuck with us and how she could run away.

Deon on the other hand was currently on the dissenter's trail. Following his every move. Trying to find a good time for us to execute our plan. We were waiting for his green light while we created a plan.

These people took procrastination to the next level.

"I know what I'm doing Lina. I've been dealing with people like these for as long as I can remember. I know a good plan when I see one. Yours is too specific. The thing about plans is that they will never go the way you expect them so sit down and let the experts handle this." He then turned away and discussed his idea with Vada, once again ignoring my ass.

"I'm the one about to die! You want me to put my life in your dumbass hands?!"

I didn't notice my voice growing louder by the second.

He shushed me dismissingly before muttering, "Wait for your turn. The adults are talking."

Guess who felt like a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

I let known to exit my apartment, go down the elevator and into the lobby at the exact same time the dissenter was to be there. He would surely see me. If I were a suspect in his eyes, he would confidently follow. That was my cue to be quick and walk into the street. The rest was on Caden's team to do their job right.

Ringing filled the air. It was Caden's phone. Was this the green light?

I literally felt my heart want to leap out of my throat.

When Caden picked up his phone I noticed it said baby chinchilla. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry then. "Deon? He's headed here? Ok, thanks man." He hung up before nodding for me to get up.

The two other people in the room were treating this death trap like a trip to the ice cream shop. I felt the need to suppress my emotions. Acting chill while inside my stomach it felt like fucking moths were throwing a damn party.

Caden was not to show his face under any circumstance. If he was caught, it wouldn't be only him who would suffer. But all his pack too. Deon, Vada, Rosa, little Zofia; and even me. He was the glue that stuck us all together in a way that was irreplaceable. I would never admit it to him, but he was fucking valuable. More precious than I would like to admit.

I couldn't explain it, but I felt a deep connection with him increasing more time we spent together.

I looked at him side profile trying to memories his features for this could be the last time I saw him. Even Vada. Especially Vada I had zero faith in his plan. If I didn't get out of this alive, it would be ok. I would die knowing I met the coolest people ever. I wouldn't leave this world regretful.

I gave the two one last longing look. Just as I turned to leave the door, Caden pulled my arm back. I guess I had a smile on my face that portrayed all my thoughts and emotions clearly seeing how they reacted to it.

Vada gave me a smile a mother would give her unsure child. She thought everything was going to be fine.

He however looked straight at me. "You're going to be fine." He said it with so much determination I almost believed it.

Almost.

I gripped the doorknob and pulled it open. My next step was to go through the elevator. Right down to the lobby. My heart pounded in my ribcage like there was no tomorrow. My breathing was falling short but my mind was so occupied it didn't give it a second thought.

Who needed oxygen when you were going to die anyway, right?

What a plot twist for me to die because of natural causes.

I pressed the button, waiting for the elevator doors to slide closed.

After forever and a bit later, they finally touched and for that one second I felt liberation. Then the elevator started to move down. It felt like the longest elevator ride of my life. I started wringing my fingers as my eyes followed the decrease of numbers on the screen.

In that few moments I felt like I had all sorts of diseases. Claustrophobia, asthma, Alzheimer's, diabetes, heart stroke. I should have written my will before getting on this death box.

I was going to be sick.

A voice in the back of my head wanted to smack me and tell me to man the fuck up.
But what if I couldn't find my big girl panties?
The doors dinged open at exactly two levels before my destination. My head shot up without my control for me to see a young boy step in. He was a teen. No biggie there right? I could take a teen boy.

There doors slid closed once again.

Telling myself that I was almost there, I willed myself to take a huge gulp of air.

The boy bent down to tie his open shoe.

I stared at him doing his laces, deciding everyone was a suspect until I decided they weren't.

My mistake.

I frowned wondering what was taking so long. Why wasn't I at the lobby yet?

That's when I noticed I was so distracted with the boy; I had missed the elevator screen numbers increasing. We were going down instead of up.

I wasn't even surprised. I was already was expecting for something like this to happen.
I got distracted by the increasing levels and Caden and Vada's miscalculation. My distraction gave him the perfect moment to take advantage of. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him take out a needle out of his undone shoe. I was about to fling myself at him, but he was at an advantage. He was all the way down on the ground. I wouldn't get to him fast enough. Time wasn't on my side.
In a flash the needle was dug into the flesh of my leg.

I didn't feel the pain of the fall I had right as I was needled. Hot debilitating pain consumed my being. I felt my insides tear apart and boil in misery. I was in so much pain, I couldn't move. I didn't have the ability to scream. I couldn't move. I laid silently on the ground of the elevator like a corspe waiting for it all to end. I was wishing I was dead.

Maybe I already was.

My awareness had vanished.

I heard nothing, I saw nothing, I felt nothing.

I was fading into nothing.

I was fading to be free.

Finally in my ocean of freedom.

...

VOTE COMMENT SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 3 17
Tired of all her sufferings, she's a girl who escaped her pack to start over and hopefully find her mate. will she be able to do it? ...
23.5M 738K 58
[Cover credit: Malot Aznar] "You need to learn to notice when a door is closed. If the door is open, you go through it, and if it's not, you need to...
1.9K 70 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
1.3M 35K 26
Zac Moon was the soon to be alpha of the Blood Moon pack. He was a typical player; using girls and treating them like toys. He never wanted a mate s...