Love At Second Sight

By 830freckles

Lucy, Harlow, Jessie, Peyton, Mason, Maven, McKinley, Drew and Jonah have been friends since grade five, wher... More

Chapter One: Five Thousand Dollars And Eleven Floors
Chapter Two: Fireflies
Chapter Three: Sealed Lips and Super Pokes
Chapter Four: Toddlers And Tantrums
Chapter Five: Hammer Time
Chapter Six: The Break Fast Club
Chapter Seven: Dorks In Black
Chapter Eight: Bugs In A Bush
Chapter Nine: Let It Snow!
Chapter Ten: Skipping Dogs
Chapter Eleven: Feathers And Tears
Chapter Twelve: Kids On Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Changing Minds
Chapter Fourteen: Big Brother
Chapter Fifteen: Revealing Secrets
Chapter Seventeen: D Is For Drama
Chapter Eighteen: Balance Beam
Chapter Nineteen: Tag!
Chapter Twenty: Drew After Dentist
Chapter Twenty-One: Peyton The Player
Chapter Twenty-Two: Giggling Girls
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Demon
Chapter Twenty-Four: Blueday
Chapter Twenty-Five: I'm Flying!
Chapter Twenty-Six: Mortified In Myrtle Beach
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Art Of The Heart
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Perfect
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Mason's Lap Sitting Business
Chapter Thirty: Plans
Chapter Thirty-One: Super Sales
Epilogue
One Year!

Chapter Sixteen: Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?

7.8K 130 11
By 830freckles

The rest of the day I had avoided the rest of my friends and my brother. I spent my day in my bedroom, curled up with a book, which I was now half-way through from reading all day.

  However, when ten o’clock struck, I snuck past my sleeping girlfriends and into Jonah’s bedroom.

  He was just lying there, staring up at the ceiling. We hadn’t talked after the whole incident that had happened today so I knew that now was my shot.

  “Jonah?” I said quietly, getting his attention.

  He sat up and looked at me. “Oh, hey.”

  I sat next to him on the bed and I laid my head on his shoulder. “Lucas was just being stupid today,” I told him, getting to the point right away. “Just ignore what he says.”

  He turned to look at me. “Why do you put up with all the crap he says?” He asked me, his eyebrows furrowed.

  “Jonah, Lucas is my brother!” I reminded him.

  “And I’m your boyfriend,” He replied.

  I took his hand and held it in mine. “Actually, I think that’s something we need to talk about.” I lifted my head from his shoulder and sat across from him.

  “W-wait, you’re not breaking up with me… are you?” He knew just by the words that I said that this was going to be quite the hard conversation.

  “No… I don’t know Jonah,” I whispered. I didn’t mean for my words to come out in such a faint voice, they just did. Almost as if I was scared to say them.

  “Why would you though?!” He wondered.

  “Because… Lucas wants me too…” I muttered.

  “Excuse me? Could you repeat that?” He asked.

  “Lucas wants me to!” I repeated, louder.

  He sighed in frustration. “Lucy, you can’t keep letting Lucas push you around like this! You’re nineteen going on twenty. You have to make your own decisions!”

  I looked at my feet, which were covered with very bright socks. “I know…”

  He tucked some of my hair behind my ear and looked me in the eye. “Do you really want to break up with me?”

  I shook my head. I honestly was having the time of my life being with Jonah. He has been so sweet to me and he could always put a smile on my face. “I don’t want to break up with you. Not at all.”

  “Are you going to break up with me?” He quizzed.

  I shook my head and grinned. “No, I won’t break up with you.”

  He leaned in to kiss me, our lips were about to touch when his door swung open. We immediately backed away from each other. In his doorway there was Maven, dressed in her winter jacket and pajama pants. “Hey guys!”

  “Hey,” We both replied, acting as casual as we could.

  “Hey Maven, I thought you guys were sleeping,” I said, very confused that that wasn’t the case anymore.

  She shrugged her shoulders. “Well, that plan went into the garbage. No one could sleep. So we decided on something: all of us are going outside for a bonfire! You wanna come?” She wondered.

 I looked at Jonah and nodded, so he smiled at Maven and responded with, “Yeah sure!”

  Him and I both got our jackets on. Now our whole group was dressed the same, pajamas and jackets. We all made our way outside and sat near the tree house. While building the tree house, we had decided to make a fire pit so we could have bonfires. We had surrounded the pit with rocks and a few feet away from it we put large leftover wood planks of wood to sit on.

  All us girls sat down on the planks while the guys started the fire. In about seven minutes, the fire was a blaze before us. The orange and yellow colors dancing with the wind.

  I was sitting with Drew on my right and Jonah on my left. I leaned my head on Drew’s shoulder, just to make Jonah get that funny look on his face that he gets whenever I go near another guy besides him. It was quite funny seeing his eyebrows knit together and his nose scrunch up.

  “You know what,” Harlow said, breaking the silence that was going on. “We need marshmallows!”

  “Yeah!” Everyone but me agreed.

  I gagged. “How can you guys like those, they are so gross! They feel weird in your mouth!”

  Mason stuck his tongue out at me. “Well, we like them. I’m gonna go get some.”

  He got up from his spot on the plank and walked towards the building. While we waited for him to return, we made small chit-chat. However, the real fun came along when Mason returned with not only a big bag of marshmallows, but with his acoustic guitar. Or his ‘precious’ as he called it.

  Jessie had left to go find some sticks we could use to roast the marshmallows. She came back with five sticks, meaning we had to share. We didn’t mind that though. Sharing is caring after all. 

  “This is fun!” Harlow said happily as she popped a burnt marshmallow in her mouth.

  “Yup!” McKinley agreed, mimicking her actions. However, McKinley’s marshmallow had just come from the fire, so she spit it out on the ground because of the heat, causing us all to laugh.

  “How about we sing some songs?!” Mason suggested, motioning towards his guitar.

  “Yeah!” We all cheered.

  Mason was pretty talented music wise. The day he got his guitar from all of us, which was on his fifteenth birthday, all he did that day was play his guitar. He was actually a pretty good singer as well, unlike the rest of us in the group who all got no higher than a C in music class.

  We spent the rest of the night singing ancient campfire songs that practically everyone knew. Sometimes we’d throw in some songs to the radio for the heck of it.

In time, the sky got even darker and the air got even colder.  I felt myself shiver in this early February weather. Without even noticing what I was doing, I sat down on Jonah’s lap and wrapped my arms around his neck to find some warmth in him.

  “Lucy?” Maven called out. “What are you doing?”

  I looked up at wide-eyed Jonah, then at all of my wide-eyed friends. I had always been one to cuddle, but not like this. I really couldn’t figure out what to say. There wasn’t really any excuse to get out of this, but the truth itself.

  “Should we tell them?” I whispered softly enough so only Jonah could here.

  “Do you want to?” He replied, his tone soft like my own.

  I thought about it for a second and then I nodded my head. We both got up and Jonah took my hand, we looked at our group of friends who could definitely win a record for most confused look ever.

  “Guys… we have some news,” Jonah started off.

  I leaned into him and finished, “We’ve been dating for that past month.”

  All of our friends were quiet for a minute, then two. I thought that they were actually scared or disappointed, that was until Peyton exclaimed, “Awwww!”

  The rest of the group got smiles on their faces. “Look at the two little love birds!” Jessie said.

  “Let’s see a kiss!” Mason ordered.

  We both looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Why?” Jonah wondered.

  “You’re saying you don’t want to kiss her?” Maven wondered.

  “Because I will!” Mason joked.

  “N-no… it’s just-” He began, but was cut off.

  “Just kiss her!”Jessie told him.

  He took me by the waist and pulled me close. He pressed his lips against mine. We stayed that way for a second, when we heard the familiar sound of the guitar.

  “I wanna kiss a girl, I wanna hold her tight. And maybe make a little magic in the moonlight,” Mason sang as he played the proper chords to Keith Urban’s Kiss A Girl.

  Jonah ended the kiss and we watched Mason, the cheesiest guy in the world. Smiles appeared on all of our faces.

  “Don’t wanna go too far, just to take it slow. But I shouldn’t be lonely in this big ol’ world. I wanna kiss a girl!”

  Jessie stopped him in the middle of his singing by planting a kiss right on his lips. I took Jonah and kissed his cheek.. This left Drew as the only boy out of the group who hadn’t been kissed, so all of us girls smirked at each other and we all made our way towards him.

  We practically attacked him by grabbing him by the arms and we all kissed his cheeks. Peyton, however, kissed him smack on the forehead. He blushed and squirmed to try and get out of our grasp. We all just laughed and wrapped our arms around him, squeezing him tightly as we gave him each a huge hug.

   Jonah and Mason came to join our huge group hug. Poor Drew was squished in the middle, begging for us to give him some air.

  Nevertheless, even though he was in such an awkward position, I could just see the huge smile on his face. I could tell that he was so happy that Peyton had kissed him, not on the lips, but close enough. His cheeks were a bright red and his bright blue eyes looked up at her like there was no tomorrow.

  I leaned in close to him and whispered in his ear, “One day she’ll kiss you for real.”

  The smile on his face proved that he too knew it could be true.

**********************************************************************************************

Hope you liked the chapter! I made everyone's wishes come true, Lucy and Jonah are together and Drew is happy for once :) Did I do a good job at coming to your needs?

Please vote and comment!

-Cheyenne/830freckles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438 96 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
532K 10.9K 38
He is a dream that never will happen, even though I want him to be mine. His eyes look so dangerous and deadly that it scares me. I never wanted to s...
109K 3.4K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
38.2M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...