Two Americans Go to Ouran

By Karmitara

What happens when two American transfer students go to Ouran Academy? What will the Host Club think of them? More

A New School, A New Life
Just a Game
Something New Around Every Corner
Saved by the Ootori
Shopping Center
Sick
Tripping
You're What?!
Preparing
Ootori
Love with a Side of Crazy
Date as 'Friends'
And so, it Begins
Sleepovers and Love Confessions
Happy Birthday Shae
Money and Tour Guides
When You Love Someone, All Your Saved Up Wishes Come Out
Valentine's Day Special
***FABULOUS***

Happy Birthday, Kate

20 1 11
By Karmitara

"Seriously... What person sleeps in on their birthday?" A redhead's voice said outside Kate's door one morning.

"We've been waiting for three hours and she still hasn't come out."

"Why don't you just use the spare key and go in?"

"She moved it!"

"That's Kate for you..." The brunette walked up to the door and took out her keys, showing a spare key to the blonde's apartment.

"Why didn't you just come over to begin with?!" The twins yelled, slightly frustrated.

"I wanted to see if you could wake her up the hard way." Shae said as she opened the door for them. "Now you can go wake her up the easy way."

The twins brightened at those words and ran off to the sleeping girl's room as the rest of the host club waited in the living room. The blonde king in the group suddenly regretted his decision to let them go alone when a scream came from Kate.

Tamaki and Honey were about to go running in when the twins came running out with a sleepy/angry Kate chasing them around the house a few times before catching them by their collars.

"What is the meaning of this...? I will destroy you if you answer incorrectly." Her grey eyes practically glowed.

"Easy, Kate-chan, did you forget that today was your birthday or something?" Kaoru held up his hands, smiling worriedly at her.

Kate's face went blank for a second as she let go of them.

"...Today's January thirtieth...?"

"Yes!" Everyone yelled, some chuckling at her 'blondeness'.

Kate's sleep-hazy brain took a little longer to process the new info, but when it did, she went and collapsed on the sofa. "My first present can be sleep."

The twins grabbed her arms and dragged her back to her room, Shae following behind holding a bag from a clothing store.

After a small struggle which ended with Shae and Kate kicking the twins out of the room, Shae started working on dressing Kate up.

"You know, I'm not really surprised you'd want to sleep in, but still... it's your birthday." Shae said as she brushed Kate's hair.

"Kyoya had to wake you up for your birthday."

"It was like, five in the morning. That's something normal for him to wake me up. Well... it's not normal for him to be awake before me... That was kind of surprising."

"It was surprising, when the twins came over at around four telling me that it was Kyoya's orders, I didn't believe them at first."

Shae laughed. "Let me guess, the reason it was different for them to come in that time from this is because you were still awake? What time you went to bed this morning?"

Kate didn't answer for a while, slowly going back to sleep from Shae messing with her hair. "Around five... I found a new anime and watched the whole series."

"Of course you did. You sound a bit like Murasakibara when you're sleepy, you know that?" Shae chuckled. "Remember when I used to try and stay up with you when we were texting? I'd always end up passing out around midnight."

"And I'd tell you not to strain yourself and go to sleep when you would get tired. It took you a month to finally listen to me. Ha, it was one of the few times I would actually act like the older one."

"Yeah, so I opted for calling you sunshine in the mornings and you'd reply with a sunshine emoji. That's how I knew something was wrong when you'd leave off the emoji."

"You have no idea how shocked I was when you asked me if I was okay. You were the first person who could see that something was up... Who'd have thought we'd move to another country together one day?"

The two continued to share stories from their days as internet friends until Kate was dressed and ready to leave.

Kate had told them the week before that she didn't want a big party and presents. She would be happy just to hang out with all of them. But of course, this is the host club... If they're going to do something, then they were going to do it big.

Kate stared at the limo that had big letters all over it saying 'BIRTHDAY GIRL'... She tried to turn around and go back into her apartment but the twins caught her and pulled her inside the vehicle. Once inside, Honey grabbed a crown and placed it on Kate's head; the weight of it making Kate wonder if it was a real crown instead of the fake metal and plastic ones she was used to.

Thirty minutes later found the group of friends at a fancy sushi restaurant. Kate had objections at first, but changed her mind when Hikaru said he'd pay for her.

The group laughed and joked around for a good hour and a half at the restaurant, earning looks from the rest of the customers there. After trying everything they had on the menu, they went to a nearby park and walked around.

Hikaru pulled Kate away from the club, leading her off to a small clearing in the park no one else was at.

"Hikaru?" He smiled brightly at her as he went to a bush and pulled out a basket. "What's that?"

"It's a basket, surely you've seen a basket before?"

Kate glared at him and playfully hit his arm. "I mean what's inside of it?"

"Why didn't you say that then?"

"I will leave you and go back to the others."

Hikaru laughed and pulled out a blanket, spreading it down on the grass. "Can't a guy spend time with his girlfriend on her birthday?"

Kate smiled and went to sit next to him, snuggling into his side. "I guess he could. But what about the others?"

"Kaoru knows I planned this, so he'll tell the others if they start asking. No worries, it's just us."

Kate watched how he would keep glancing at the basket, he was nervous about something...

"What else is in the basket?" She asked. Hikaru flinched. "Hikaru..."

The boy sighed and pulled the basket over, reaching inside. "Remember how you said you didn't want a birthday present?"

"You didn't..."

"I did." He pulled out a box wrapped in light blue wrapping paper. It wasn't big like she thought it would be, and she was thankful for that. She didn't want money spent on her when it came to her birthday.

Though she couldn't keep the smile off her face as she unwrapped the gift and opened the box.

Inside was a black shirt with a fried, sunny-side-up egg with the words 'I couldn't if I fried'. Kate looked at Hikaru with a confused face, only to be met with a wide grin. Hikaru started to unbutton his jacket to show a black shirt with a piece of bacon on it that said 'Don't go bacon my heart'.

She laughed out loud and hugged her boyfriend tightly. "Thank you, Hikaru. I love it."

"Happy birthday, Caitlin." He said as he hugged her back, kissing the top of her head.

A/N: Yes. I have forgotten my birthday before. Shut up, I didn't go to bed until 8:03(I was born at 9:15am) and was really tired. It wasn't my fault.

So... it's my birthday! Yay~ ... I'm now so old... Dang... Well, just one step closer to the hardships of adult stuff. Work, voting, bills, driving without an adult, buying my own stuff, ordering my own food at McD's... .... ... ... I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!!! ('I don't wanna be told to grow up~ And I don't wanna change, I just wanna have fun!' Yeah? Yeah...? Um... okay, shutting up now)

My dad, who's a truck driver, is coming in to a truck stop tonight and he's going to take seven days off just to spend with me and my mom. I'm not very close with him, so I'm a little worried about it. He thinks that he can buy my affection with pretty jewelry and fancy clothes and all that without thinking of costs... The only thing I'm looking forward to while he's in is going see the new Star Wars movie(PLEASE, SOMEONE GIVE ME SPOILERS). ...And going to the fancy Japanese restaurant in the city... But other than that, my only real birthday wish would be to have a small gathering with my close friends(which is hard because almost all my friends are online and live very far away) and eat cake and sushi and all that, I don't really want a party or presents. So you can imagine my struggle trying to write this chapter... ^_^; I don't do good writing for myself to begin with, so writing a chapter dealing with the host club's craziness for parties was... rather difficult. I finally came up with this idea after a few hours. (I wrote this chapter in about three hours)

Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow too! I'm not going to say what for, because I don't wanna get hate on my birthday, but I'm really nervous about it and need all the help I can get! Thanks! Sparkling birthday princess out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8.9K 23
Y/N was new to Ouran Academy. She had just moved to Japan after her parents passing. Y/N discovers the Host Club, a club full of handsome men who en...
22.2K 469 11
You have just moved to Japan after moving constantly for your entire life. You enroll at Ouran Academy, and there you befriend the Host Club. The cra...
88K 3.8K 45
[This book is currently under editing.] Now, from what we've all read, most of the OHSHC fan fictions are usually about a girl falling in love with a...
2.2K 43 46
Luna and Russel are new transfer students to Ouran Academy. In fact, they're new to Japan. They moved to Japan, without their parents, from America...