Believing In Fairytales

By OriginalBeliever

Regina Mills has always lived a life alone and she was getting back on her feet after her father's passing. R... More

Chapter One: The First Day
Chapter Two: Girls Night
Chapter Three: A Delightful Lunch
Chapter Four: Small Dilemmas
Chapter Five: Robin's House
Chapter Six: It Almost Happened
Chapter Seven: Just Keep Swimming
Chapter Nine: Happy Birthday
Chapter Ten: His Parents
Chapter Eleven: Wounds
Chapter Twelve: Airports
Chapter Thirteen: Rose
Chapter Fourteen: I Love/Hate You
Chapter Fifteen: Can We Keep It?
Chapter Sixteen: Yes!
Chapter Sixteen.B: Finally
Chapter Seventeen: Believing In Fairytales
Chapter Eighteen: Mine
Chapter Nineteen: Plans Ruined
Chapter Twenty: Vacation?
Chapter Twenty-One: Threats
Chapter Twenty-Two: Talk About It
Chapter Twenty-Three: That Went Well
Chapter Twenty-Four: Apologies Are Sweet
Chapter Twenty-Five: Dark Clouds
Chapter Twenty-Six: Recovery
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Moments
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Together At Last
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Snow Days
Chapter Thirty: River Locksley

Chapter Eight: Zoo Fun?

1.5K 61 35
By OriginalBeliever

It's Friday and I just got off from work. I just hate work but I love being with children. It's such a dilemma. I sigh as I grip the steering wheel of my car as I sit in endless traffic. My phone rings and the contact reads: My thief 💞. I press the accept button on my car.

"Hey baby. How was your day?" Robin says in his accent that sounds even better on speaker.

"Better once I see your face and kiss you." I say with a smirk and he laughs.

"I can't wait to see you my love. Roland has made a request for this afternoon. He wants to go to the zoo."

"That'll be great. I love the zoo!" I say as I pull into my building's parking lot.

"Great because we are waiting for you now." He says just as I pull into my parking spot.

I look out my window to see Robin leaning against his car. Roland is in the backseat as he waves at me. I give both my boys a smile as I grab my purse and get out my car.

"Hey babe." I whisper to Robin.

I find my self engulfed in a tight hug that I don't want to escape. His arms are wrapped around my back and mine around his torso. I melt under his touch as he starts to card his fingers through my hair. He gives me a light kiss on my forehead and tries to exit the hug I keep him trapped in.

"Long day?" Robin asks with low chuckle. I nod my head yes as I bury my head in his shoulder.

"It was so long." I mumble into his shoulder.

"We don't have to go to the zoo if you're too tired." Robin says and he escapes my grasp.

"We are definitely going to the zoo." I say as I open the car door and slide into the sit.

I hear Robin chuckle before he gets in the car. He has one hand planted on the steering wheel and the other was firmly in my hand. Roland was happily content in his car seat as he listed all the animals he wanted to see.

We finally get to the zoo parking lot and it is very crowded. We were lucky to get one of the only parking spots. Roland is still talking about animals as I take him from his car seat. I place the little boy on my hip and Robin holds my free hand.

"We're going to meet my friend Jefferson and he's going to take Roland for the weekend." Robin says as we enter the zoo.

"Uncle Jeff and Grace!" Roland yells happily.

"Who's Grace?" I ask Robin as I put Roland down.

"Grace is Jefferson's daughter. She's two years older than Roland and he loves her." Robin says as he takes Roland's hand.

"What's with Roland and older women?" I say with a small laugh. "Can we check out the shark exhibit?" I ask as I point to the sign.

"Sharks!" Roland screams as he runs towards the exhibit. I laugh as Robin runs over to his son.

The smell of cinnamon fills my nose. I turn around to see a churro cart that is calling out to me. Do I really need a churro? No, maybe, yeah I do. I swiftly walk over to the cart and wait in the line. I finally reach the cart and order a churro dipped in chocolate. I take a bite and hum in content at the taste.

I walk towards the exhibit and look for Robin. It's dark and the only light is coming from the shark filled tanks. I see Roland's brown curly hair in the distance and I walk over to him. He says a quick hi as he stares at the sharks. I wonder where Robin is until I feel his warm arms around my waist.

"You got a churro?"He says with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Yeah and it's absolutely great." I say and then I take another bite. Before I can move my hand Robin takes a huge bite of my churro.

"Yeah, that is great." He says with his mouth full and I laugh.

"Let's go see the pandas!" Roland excitedly yells.

I grab his hand and we walk out of the shark exhibit. The Panda Hut was on the other side of the zoo and Robin informed me that Jefferson was going to meet us there. Once we reach out destination I see a man with black hair and pretty eyes holding his small daughter who has brown hair.

"Grace!" Roland yells as he runs over to the girl.

"And off he goes. This won't take long you can wait here if you want." Robin says and I nod. I watch as he walks over to his friend.

While I'm staring at the adorable pandas I hear a clicking noise. I turn around to investigate once I hear it again. In a bush about ten feet away I think I see a person with a camera. I'm just being paranoid and I shrug my shoulders.

"So what do you want to see next?" Robin says as he walks towards me and I hear another click.

"Let's see the snakes." I say with a smile.

Robin nods and then he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close. As we walk away I hear another clicking noise. In a few minutes we walk into the reptile building. I look at one of the tanks to see that it's empty. I tap the glass and a snake hits the glass with its sharp teeth. I jump back with a scream and Robin catches me in his arms.

"It's just a snake sweetie. It's completely harmless." He says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek and I hear another click.

"Robin, I think someone is following us." I whisper in his ear.

"I'm sorry that's partly my fault. I was a socialite until I went off the grid and now I think they're following me again."

"Can we just leave? I'm not one for attention."

"Of course."

He grabs my hand and leads us through the crowd of people. I can see a person following us closely. Soon one person turns into five people with cameras. I try to stay close to Robin as he quickly walks down the stairs. I keep up with him until I here a loud snap and my ankle gives out. A sharp pain shoots through me and tears well in my eyes.

"Robin!" I yell in pain.

He quickly turns around and rushes over to me. He scoops me up and carries me bridal style the rest of the way. The people get plenty of photos as I wince in pain.

"Who's the girl?" One of them shouts and Robin tries to cover my face.

"Can you just leave us alone?" Robin asks as we finally exit the zoo and he carries me through the parking lot.

"Is she the girlfriend?" Another one of the people ask as they shove cameras in our faces.

"Are we invited to the wedding?" Another shouts as Robin reaches the car.

Somehow Robin opens the door and gently places me in the car. He slams the door shut and the paparazzi take pictures of me. I don't care because of the excruciating pain in my ankle. Robin gets in the car and pulls out of the parking lot.

"Regina are you okay?" Robin asks as he looks at me quickly.

"I think I broke it!" I hysterically cry out as I clutch my ankle.

"I'm so sorry. This all my fault and I promise to make it up to you." He says as he grabs my hand.

"Just drive!" I yell at him through my tears.

Robin breaks every speed limit as I cry in pain. He turns a corner too quickly and I shout in pain. He drives his car into the parking lot of the E.R. He rushes out the car and soon I'm in his arms as he quickly opens the doors.

"Can I help you?" A nurse asks as she walks up to us.

"I think I broke my ankle."

"That's an easy fix. Sir, can you place her on the bed over there? Someone will be with you shortly." The nurse says with a sweet smile that I want to slap off her face.

Robin places me on hospital bed. Robin holds my hand as he wipes my tears away. I flash him a smile and he laughs.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." He says as he kisses my knuckles.

"It's not your fault. Don't worry everything will be fine."

"Hi! I hear you may have broken your ankle." A doctor says as she walks up to Robin and I.

"Yeah, that seems about right." I say and she starts to squeeze my ankle and I wince in pain.

"My name is Dr.Torres and you definitely broke your ankle. I can have you in a cast very soon. Unfortunately you'll have to take about a week off from work."

"Well that's just great." I say with all the sarcasm I have in me.

"Regina, it'll be fine and I'll take off work with you. Just me and you for a whole week." Robin says with a smile and I can't help but to smile back.

"Your husband is quite the catch. I'll be back with some supplies." Dr.Torres says and then she leaves.

"My husband is quite the catch." I say with a laugh.

Within two hours I have a cast and very ugly crutches. Robin insisted on carrying me back to the car and I gave in. He also suggested that we go straight to his house. Once we got to his house he helps me through the door. We got to the living room and I collapse on the couch. Robin laughs as he sits next to me. My phone rings and I sigh as I answer it.

"Hey Reg!" Mary beams over the phone.

"Hey, can you call me later? I'm not in the mood to talk."

"Because of your ankle?"

"How do you know about that?"

"You're all over Storybook Socialites."

"I am?"

"Yes, and you're wearing my shirt. It'll be great if I could get that back."

"Yeah, I gotta go." I say and I hang up the phone.

"Who was that?" Robin asks me.

"It was Mary and apparently I'm on some website called Storybook Socialites. Do you know what that is?" I ask Robin.

"Yeah, I've been on it a couple of times. It's a website where the editors publish stories and post pictures about a socialite's romantic life. Somehow they found out I was dating you and took some pictures."

"I hope I look good in them." I say with a small laugh.

"I really am sorry about all of this. I didn't mean for this to happen and for it to ruin our day."

"It's okay. The whole day isn't ruined I'm still with you and that's all I really need." I say with a smile.

I grabbed him by the collar of his green jacket and brought him closer to me. I press my lips on his and he is surprised by my sudden actions. He moves his lips in time with mine and I smile through the kiss. I pull back to take a deep breath and his eyes meet mine and all I see in his green eyes is love. He pulls me back into another kiss. This one was longer than the last and this time he pulls away.

"That was unexpected." Robin says and I give him a smile as I wipe my lipstick off his face.

"I'm unpredictable." I say with another smile.

"You are predictable. I can read you like the back of my hand." He says with a laugh and I hit his arm.

"I may have only one good foot but I can still kick your ass." I say with a deadly glare.

"I'd like to see you try." Robin challenges with the same glare and we both erupt in laughter.

*****

Author's Note: I hope you guys love this chapter and I want to thank all of you for reading and voting on this book. It means a lot to me. Bye guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 23 2
When Regina gives her heart to the wrong person on Christmas, she suffers a heartbreak that pushes her closer to her new friend, Robin Locksley. As C...
45.9K 1.5K 23
Our journey continues as we explore the highs and lows of the relationship between powerhouse attorney, Regina Mills, and her handsome Columbia profe...
387K 14.4K 33
Regina Mills: a 28 year old successful business woman with everything she needs. A boyfriend, money, and parents who had pushed her to be the best. E...
35.9K 1.8K 21
This is an AU about Outlawqueen. Regina is a hardworking Child Psychologist who has her finger in everything happening in the small town she calls ho...