Chapter Nine: Happy Birthday

I flutter my eyes open to see Robin smiling at me. His fingers trace patterns on my arm. I give him a smile and he kisses me on my forehead. He places another kiss on my nose that makes me giggle.

"Good morning and happy birthday gorgeous." He says with a wide smile on his face.

"Thank you Robin."

"Do you have any plans for today my love?"

"I have nothing planned."

"Great because I have a lot of things planned for today. Don't worry we won't have to leave the house at all and you can continue to rest that ankle."

"What did you plan for today?" I say as I snuggle into his embrace even more.

"Your favorite breakfast cooked by your very handsome boyfriend. Then, your favorite movie watched in said boyfriend's bed. A glorious lunch cooked by your favorite take out business and then relaxing lounge time. Last, but not least a lovely night with a boyfriend who loves you more than words can describe."

"That sounds absolutely perfect. Before we start our day I want you to say something sweet."

"Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite."

"It's my favorite too. You say the sweetest things and that's why I love you." I say and then I kiss him.

"I love you too." He says with a wide smile that shows off his dimples.

"I also love your dimples. They are my favorite part of you." I say as I poke his right dimple.

"Would you like breakfast now?" He says.

"Of course."

He gets off the bed and I lift my arms up signaling for him to carry me. He bends down and I wrap my arms around his neck. His arms support my thighs and I wrap my legs around his torso. As he starts to walk I pepper kisses on his neck causing him to chuckle.

We finally get to the kitchen. He takes his turn and places kisses all over my face. I giggle when he pays special attention to my nose. He gently sets me down and I stay in his embrace. He gives me a quick kiss before he starts cooking.

"What's on the menu chef Locksley?" I ask as I lean on the counter opposite from him.

"Strawberry pancakes and bacon Ms.Mills. I woke up earlier to make the batter so it should be done soon." He says as he pours batter on the pan.

"Shall I wake Roland?"

"Yes milady. That would be ever so helpful." He says and I laugh as I exit the kitchen.

I walk down the hallway and reach Roland's room. I softly knock on the door and hear nothing. I slowly open the door to see Roland softly snoring in his bed. I walk closer to his curled up form and sit next to him on his bed.

"Roland sweetie, it's time to wake up." I say as I rub his shoulder.

"No mama Gina." He says and he rolls over.

Mama Gina? He thinks I'm his mother. That is so sweet and I'm happy to claim this little boy as my own. I start to kiss all over his face to wake him up. He giggles as he opens his eyes.

"Mama stop it!" He says as he continues to giggle.

I stop kissing him and I hold him in my arms. His soft brown eyes that resemble my own stare back up at me. I kiss his little button nose and he giggles again.