Rucas - One Shots

By thebeastsrose

[2016 GMW Summer Award Winner] A book that will fulfill all of your Rucas needs. More

Hello Rucas Enthusiasts
Remember Forever
Interrupting
Are We Worth It?
Always
College Party (Part 1)
College Party (Part 2)
College Party (Part 3)
Change of Plans
Say Goodbye
Say Hello
Important People
Accidental Hiatus
Hey Everyone
✌️✌️😤😤🔥🔥

Two Times The Fun

4.7K 179 200
By thebeastsrose

"Lucas, I can walk around without you having to guide me everywhere." Riley said with a laugh as her hand held the armrest of the couch steadily as she pushed herself up, her other hand resting gently on her still growing stomach. Lucas rolled his eyes, his arms still outstretched in front of him as he awaited for his wife to finally stand.

"It doesn't kill for me to be cautious, Riley."

The day Riley had found out she was pregnant, was the day Maya had forced Riley into taking a pregnancy test. She had always suspected that Riley was pregnant just by how she was acting, but Riley had never thought of it. After many arguments on whether or not she should take it, Maya had won and proudly handed Riley the pregnancy test that they had bought hours after Maya had won the argument. Five minutes, turned into ten before Riley had finally come out of the bathroom with her eyes as wide as saucers, automatically making contact with Maya's.

"Well?" Maya asked, her bright blue eyes sparkling with excitement as she looked up at Riley.

Riley looked back down at the test in her hand, the smile she had before now doubled in size, almost taking up half of her face. Once more, she looked back up at her best friend, and said the words Maya was expecting.

"I'm pregnant."

The corner of Riley's lips tilted up at the memory. As she placed a hand on her husband's arm, her eyes darted to the calendar that hung on the wall behind them. A bright red circle was drawn around today's date, and bright red letters were written in the tiny box.

March, 17th. First Ultrasound @ 5:30

Lucas followed Riley's gaze, and soon enough, the same wide smile snuck its way onto him. Turning his head back to her, he cupped his hand on the side of her cheek and tilted her head up to meet his eyes.

"Excited?" He asked. The smile that lingered on his lips was contagious, and even though Riley didn't think it was even possible; her smile grew even more.

"Very." She spoke. They held each other's gaze for a few seconds more before Lucas gently pressed his lips to Riley's, causing her to melt at his touch the same way she did when they were just dating.

When they pulled apart, Lucas rested his forehead on hers and bit the bottom of his lip. The gesture he would always do when he was thinking about something.

Riley frowned at the sudden change in expression. "What are you thinking about?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she placed a hand to his cheek.

Lucas' forest like eyes quickly looked into hers. He removed his forehead from Riley's and stood up straighter, allowing the smile to fall onto his face again.

"Just thinking about how excited I am to be a Dad." He answered proudly before turning on his heels and walking to the closet that held all of their coats. Riley walked to the door and slid on her pair of purple rain boots that rested off to the side. Surprisingly, she did it with ease. Lucas held the jacket up to Riley's back, his coat already on. Gingerly, she slid her arms into the sleeves and stuffed her hands into the pockets.

"Let's go." Lucas said as he leaned down into the closet and tugged out a large black umbrella. He opened the front door, allowing very light specks of rain and gusts of wind to hit their cheeks. He stepped out onto the front porch, opened the umbrella, and held out his other hand for Riley, preparing to lead her out to the car. She smiled at the gesture and gratefully laced her fingers with his, linking together like puzzle pieces. With bright smiles, the two got into the car, and drove their way to the hospital.

•••

Their rain boots playfully stepped in every puddle they could possibly find. Riley clutched tightly to Lucas' right arm as he held tightly to her and onto the umbrella that he held over their heads. Their conversation brought smiles to those entering and leaving the hospital. Causing all eyes to fall on the young couple that were beyond ecstatic for their first ultrasound.

"What do you think we'll be having?" Riley asked, resting her head on Lucas' shoulder. They had finally checked in and were sitting and waiting very impatiently in the waiting room.

"Do we even find that out yet at this ultrasound?"

"I guess it really all depends on how developed the baby is." Riley responded, now fiddling with the end of Lucas' jackets sleeve.

"Well, all I know is that it's possible it won't be the first one. My mom explained to me that we have many more to do."

Lucas went on explaining that the ultrasounds to come after deal with mainly the babies health. Always checking to make sure that nothing is wrong with the baby. Riley continued to tentatively watch his lips move, and the sound of his voice soon faded as Riley's heart filled with worry.

"Lucas.." She whispered, interrupting him mid-sentence.

"Yes, darling?" He asked, allowing a small smile to form on his face. But when his eyes met hers, it soon faded away.

The excitement that had filled his eyes awhile now, quickly were replaced with concern as he looked down at her. The look of fear showed its way onto Riley's face as she continued to avert her eyes away from Lucas'. This was the last look Lucas had ever wanted to see on his wife's face.

"Riles, honey, what's wrong?" Lucas mumbled, gently placing his left hand on top of hers.

She opened her mouth to speak, but quickly shut it, shaking her head. "It's just-"

"What?" Lucas asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

After his eyes had pleaded long enough, Riley finally looked up into them.

Lucas watched as she softly placed her hand on her stomach, and the other gripped tightly to his. "What if something happens to our baby?"

A small, reassuring smile appeared on Lucas' lips. He removed his hand that was already resting on top of hers, and gently placed it upon the one that rested on her stomach.

"Nothing.." Lucas whispered, staring at their resting hands and then moved his eyes to hers. "Is going to happen to our baby."

Riley shook her head. "But what if something does? What if it gets.. Something that we can't get rid of?"

Lucas held Riley's gaze before he spoke. He understood her concern and he had been worrying about it as well. But for Riley's sake, he had tried to hide it. All he wanted for her, was for her to be happy.

"Then I guess that just means we love our child no matter what happens. I can't promise you that nothing bad could happen, and I know that's not what you want to hear. But I can promise you that we're going to be okay."

After a few seconds, Riley finally smiled; a true genuine one. Just as she went to place her head back down onto his shoulder, a young nurse walked in with a clipboard in her hand.

"Riley Friar."

•••

Anticipation was increasing as the couple and the doctor sat in the room, waiting for the sonogram photos.

"Riley." Lucas commented, diminishing the thick silence that rested in the air. He looked at her, sitting next to him on top of a bed. "Can we please know if we're having a boy or girl?"

Riley's eyes widened at the sudden comment. "But don't you want it to be a surprise?"

Lucas pressed his lips into a firm line as he observed his wife with careful eyes. He wanted her to be happy, but he didn't know how long he'd be able to handle not knowing what they were having. "Riley, it'll be so hard for people and even us to buy stuff. All we'll be getting will be gender neutral colors. Yellow, Grey, Orange?"

"I don't mind those colors." She quickly tormented back, her expression stern as if she took this as a challenge. Already, she was winning.

Lucas let out a deflated sigh before a small smile formed across his lips. Riley smiled back and placed her hand on top of his, preparing to wait a little longer for the photos. Lucas looked back at the doctor. Her eyebrows were furrowed together and her expression had a confused look running across it. He pushed the worrying thought out of his mind, trying to not dwell on a possible fact that something could be wrong with their baby. She could possibly just be trying to figure out if it was a boy or girl.

"Well, this is an interesting sonogram." Dr. Lewis mentioned, her eyes squinting at the photo in her hand.

"It's a boy!" Lucas shouted, pointing a finger at the photo, turning himself around once again to face her.

"Well, I-I, never said that." She responded back with a warm smile.

"Then it's a girl!"

The doctor rolled her eyes with a small laugh before folding her arms across her chest. Her eyebrows were raised, and a small smirk rested upon her lips. Hiding the front of the photo against her opposite arm, she made her way to the couple and stood before them. "I never said that either."

Lucas looked back at Riley, one eyebrow arched. "What's left?"

Riley glared at Lucas and quickly pushed herself off the bed and made her way to the doctor, Lucas quickly following behind.

"Is something wrong with our baby?" She asked, placing her hand delicately on her stomach.

Lucas gripped Riley's free hand, gifting her a reassuring squeeze. They both looked at each other as the doctor stayed silent, examining the photo once again. Lucas noticed that Riley was already quickly jumping to conclusions as a single tear made an imprint on her cheek. But both of their expressions were quick to change when the doctor's smile grew three times it size when she looked back up at the couple.

"You have nothing to worry about." She remarks, gently placing her hand on Riley's shoulder. "Your babies are fine. Pertect and healthy."

Lucas let out a huff of air, feeling a rush of relief lift in his body. A second after, he felt his feet move from under him as Riley pulled him towards the door, explaining to him that their babies are fine and they don't need to know the gender.

Babies.

Lucas let go of Riley's hand, growing still in the doorway of the room as he watched her continue to walk. That exact word, repeatedly echoing in his mind as if it were a broken record. He turned around, facing the doctor with his eyebrows raised as high as they could possibly go and his mouth hanging open. Slowly, he lifted his hand and pointed at the photo that doctor still held in her hand. She was already nodding by the time Lucas spoke.

"Did you say.. Babies?"

"I did." Dr. Lewis responded, turning the photo in her hand.

Before Lucas could grab the photo, Riley had made her way back to the room. Holding the same quizzical expression that Lucas had before; she wrapped a hand around Lucas' wrist, feeling the quick thud of his heartbeat.

"Babies?" She emphasized, once again placing a hand on her stomach. "W-we're having.. more than one?"

The doctor nodded, now handing the photo to the couple. Riley and Lucas leaned in towards one another, squinting down at the sonogram.

"You're having twins!" Dr. Lewis exclaimed, throwing her hands up in excitement, her smile growing even wider.

Lucas' eyes were wide and his hands were shaking. He gently took the photo from Riley, and held it closer to his face.

"We're having twins.." Riley whispered as she moved her hand up his arm, and wrapped her arms tightly around his bicep, pulling it close to her as she looked over his shoulder at the photo that he held onto tightly. The heartwarming smile that formed on Riley, melted the doctors heart. Riley looked over at Lucas and held down a laugh as he still stared confused at the photo.

"We.." He spoke, clearing his throat before he continued. "We made two babies?"

"Yes we did, honey." She responded with a smile before placing a quick peck on his cheek. A small giggle escaped Riley as she observed Lucas' countenance from before still remained. But all that changed was the sudden twitch at the corner of his lips, swooping them up into a smile due to the contagious giggle that had come from Riley.

"I guess..." Riley mumbled, now taking the photo back from Lucas. "We won't have to be surprised anymore."

"What do you mean?" Lucas asked, looking over her shoulder.

"If I'm correct.." She commented, bringing the photo up at her eye level, squinting at it. "I believe we're having a boy and a girl." Riley looked up at the doctor for reassurance. Dr. Lewis nodded again before turning on her heels to go grab the other photos.

"Oh my God.." Lucas muttered in astonishment, resting a hand over Riley's and lifting it so he could see.

Riley watched as Lucas' eyes sparkled with excitement. His smile was infectious, just as it was this morning. It was almost inevitable for them to stop the elation from rising up within them.

"We're really going to be parents?" Lucas questioned, turning his attention towards Riley, locking his eyes on hers. Riley let out a light laugh at the question as she rubbed his shoulder. "Yeah, we really are."

"They're going to meet the world too?"

A small memory felt the need to be revisited. The day Riley was officially able to meet the world herself. And soon, it would be her turn to pass it onto her kids. Just like what her father did for her. The world was scary; full of many twists and turns that can change someone's life in a blink. But no matter what their children would face, at least she knew that Lucas would always be there with her to help guide them through the fearsome world.

"Yeah, they are."

•••

HAPPY VALENTINES DAAAAAY. Hope you all are having a great day most likely doing nothing. At least that's what I'm doing lol. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this quick one shot!

(DIDNT PROOF READ)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 586 22
book 2 after Welcome To The Masquerade - dont read unless u know what happened in first book ; u might get confused - this is all fiction. - -
7.1K 201 34
Lucas finally snaps because of the stress caused by the triangle. This leads to a series of events leading to the end of the triangle. (Takes place...
81.3K 2.8K 58
One night. One night was all it took for Riley and Lucas' world to be turned upside down. One night full of love, drinks, and mistakes. One night tha...
9.4K 355 16
Riley and Lucas thought they'd be together forever. They fell in love in high school, got engaged in college, married a year later, and by the time t...