My Best Friend

By PrettyLittleTroian_

Sam and Grace have been best friends for all of their years of high school, and have been there for each othe... More

(1) Last Year
(2) Current Life
(3) The Girl
(4) Theatre Troubles
(5) What She'd Done
(6) What Now...
(8) What you've all waited so patiently for...

(7) Heartbreaking Hell

46 2 0
By PrettyLittleTroian_

Chapter 7

I wake up the next again day laying in my own bed. I stretch then yawn, finally opening my eyes. I look around my modern room, with my silky white curtains that drape over my entire floor length window, which covered my entire left wall. In front of me I see my black sofa contrasting with my creamy walls, and a giant framed poster of Emma Roberts, which I have signed. The wall above my bed is a feature wall with a giant photograph of Brooklyn Bridge and the lingering city lights of Manhattan behind it. It was my favourite part of my room and probably the house too.

I get out of my king size bed and smile to myself as all the memories from the day before flood back. I remember the girl, April, being her adorable self and having a meal with us yesterday. Yesterday I learned that she is a very adventurous person, and loves rock climbing, scuba diving, swimming and she's even been sky diving before.

I walk down the stairs wearing my pink fluffy slippers on my feet, with my pyjama shorts and top with no bra underneath. I did this nearly every morning since me and Sam have lived together, and I think we've passed the stage in our friendship where it is acceptable for me to go braless under my shirt... not that he would care anyway.

"Morning sleepy head!" I hear as I descend the last step before the open plan downstairs, looking over at Sam who is sitting on the sofa watching cartoons.

"What are you watching?" I ask, rubbing my eyes as I haven't put my contacts in, and grabbing my glasses off the coffee table.

I push my glasses onto my face, which reveals what he is watching. On the screen are 2 little animals, one is a pig wearing a red dress and the other is a sheep wearing a pink dress.

"Are you seriously watching Peppa Pig?!" I ask and laugh, and he tries not to look embarrassed.

"No... I was just changing the channel and I accidently landed on this one..." He very clearly lies.

I laugh at the British television show that they only just began playing in the US a while ago. It was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my entire life, but Sam loves it.

"Don't judge Grace. It's better than that Vampire Diaries thing you watch." He says, then laughs before turning up the volume for me.

"Uh huh... you're probably right there."

We watched the silly television show for a while more, until the channel started to show a different programme.

We spent the entire day being lazy in our pyjamas and I fell asleep for a while on Sam's knee again like last night, but he didn't seem to mind and just let me.

Eventually when I woke up I was no longer laying on Sam's lap but instead a cushion. I sat up and yawned, looking around to see nobody around.

I was confused, so I stood up and put my glasses back on which had fallen off while I was sleeping. I picked them off the floor and stared around the place, the Television was off and the rest of the living room was only lit by the daylight that shone through the white silky curtains. I reached for my phone from the table and checked for any messages, and I had one from Sam reading:

"Gone shopping, I'll be back soon. I didn't want to wake you but I thought I should shop. I'll buy food for dinner too."

That text was sent around half an hour ago, so he should be back any minute. I had another text, under the name of "April!<3" saved in my phone...

April's text read: "Grace, I was wondering if you're busy tomorrow at 4? You and I could go visit one of my favourite spots in the city. Sam can come too!"

Did I read this correctly? Is this a date? Oh my god! No wait... if Sam's invited too then... is it? Or... I don't know!

The next day came around quickly after Sam got home from shopping with around 7 or 8 bags, most of which were full of things we most definitely did not need, like a bag of mini marshmallows and 2 packets of 'make your own brownies'...

When I'd told Sam about the text, he was over excited like me. He was really pleased that I was finally finding someone after Kate and he hoped the best, even though we had no idea if she was actually into me or if she was even into girls in the first place or just messing with me... but we were getting there!

The next day around 1pm I'd started to get ready, as I wanted to look perfect for this. Sam and I spent ages looking for something for me to wear, and Sam was liking all the outfits that I didn't like, so it wasn't going very well.

Finally, I found something very casual. Burgundy pocket t-shirt, which I tucked into my denim shorts, and my burgundy-ish converse... Perfectly casual!

I wore my hair down and made sure my makeup was basic but beautiful, and I even snuck a short wing on my eyeliner...

"Are you wearing burgundy because April was wearing that on her nails...?" Sam asks and looks at me.

"N-no, I just like the colour! I say, pushing my golden phone into my pocket. And no, it's not an iPhone.

"Uh huh... I totally believe you..." He says, and I giggle nervously and go towards the elevator.

April is already in the lobby of our building when we reach the ground floor and she greets us happily. Thankfully, she's dressed casually too. Wearing a pair of denim boyfriend jeans and a black short sleeved shirt, which was tight on her purposely, and cropped, making her boobs look bi-... what?

"Hey guys!" She says and smiles, and I smile madly and I don't know what Sam did because I was too busy staring at April... oops.

"Nice to see you again," Sam says, and that breaks my stare from April, who turns her attention to Sam.

"You too! And you, Grace." She address's me. I'm already going to faint.

It's weird to know April like this, as if she was a proper friend already. We hadn't even known her very long yet she acted like our best friend.

"So, where are we off to?" Sam asks, putting a hand in his pocket.

"Ooh... well I can't tell you exactly, but you will soon find out. Come on!" She says, and I feel more butterflies rise from my stomach than ever before.

She leads us to a cab at the curb side and whispers to the driver where we're going so we don't hear. I look to Sam, as his hearing is really good, but even he didn't hear what she said.

The cab takes about 15 minutes to get there, and April tells us not to look out the windows because that will spoil the fun.

"Okay... we're here..." She says, then pays the guy before he comes round and opens the door.

I'm totally blinded by a massive house sitting right in front of me, and when I look behind me, it's the sea! This is crazy!

"April, is this your house?" Sam asks, and she nods.

"Yup! I just thought that you guys would enjoy spending a relaxing day here... so come on! Let's go inside." She squeals, then runs up to her front gate excitedly.

I'm still standing staring at her house in awe, so Sam grabs my hand and drags me to the front door, I saunter along as if I'm walking on clouds.

"Well... Why'd you bring us here?" Sam asks, and April smiles.

"Because, I thought it'd be nice to show you where I live, also, we could go swimming." She replies, typing in the code on her front gate.

"But we don't have our things..." Sam says slowly, then scratches his neck, letting go of my hand.

"Oh, that's okay, you're wearing shorts so just use those. And Grace, you can borrow one of my bathing suits or bikinis." April says to me, as if it's the most casual thing on the entire planet.

I had to restrain my mouth from dropping open. SHE WAS LETTING ME WEAR HER BIKINI?!?! Oh my god... I felt my insides explode.

She unlocks the gate, letting us in, then walks up to the front door, opening it with another code and entering.

Inside her house is creamy marbled floors, with a marble and staircase with a silver railing on the right side. You can see right through the foyer of the house, through to a glass sliding door and windows which reveal a giant swimming pool outside.

Sam stares at the place and then grin. "...how rich are you..?" He seems to accidently whisper dreamily, as he covers his mouth after.

"My parents are, but they're currently in Bali. So, I've got this place to myself." She giggles, then smiles at us, as we are totally taken a-back.

It takes us a few seconds to adjust, before April speaks again.

"Sam, if you want you can just go through to the pool, you can just leave your shirt and shoes by the poolside on a lounger, they won't get wet there." She tells him, and he nods. "Oh and Grace, you can come with me and we can try on bikinis, I'll see if you're my size." She tells me, and I can't help but blush.

"O-okay..." I say nervously, then follow her up the stairs and look back down at Sam and do a mute scream, as he slowly walks away, giving me the thumbs up.

She opens a beautiful pair of white double doors outwards, entering into her bedroom. I glance at her glistening chandelier in the centre of the room, and her massive bed, with crisp white cotton sheets and pillows fit for a queen. Her walls were a baby pink, and she had stairs on the left which led up to a balcony of doors, presumably her wardrobe. It was truly the most beautiful room I'd seen.

"This is amazing!" I say, smiling as I follow her into the room.

She smiles at me, "I'm glad you like it...now if you'd like to follow me..." She grins as she walks up the white staircase, reaching the top and opening one of the wardrobes, revealing a lot of summery clothes.

"You can pick any one of my bikinis, and keep it if you want, I have too many anyway." She tells me, reaching down and opening a drawer, revealing many bikini tops and bottoms.

I picked up one floral black and white one that I liked the look of, thinking about the size of the cups compared to my small bra size. It might be a little too big.

"I don't know if these will fit me..." I tell her, embarrassed, still holding the top.

She looks at me and thinks, "Hmm..." She starts, "Maybe I have something that'll help with that."

She goes into another wardrobe as I continue to look through the pretty patterned and coloured bikini tops, smiling as I find the one she was wearing the other day.

"Ah! Found them..." April starts, then comes back over to me with a small paper bag.

"What's that?" I ask, and she soon puts her hand into a bag and reveals a small gel pad.

I instantly blush. "Are they what I think they are...?" I ask.

She nods knowingly. "Uh huh... Let's try them!"

A couple of minutes later I'm standing in front of the mirror in her bedroom, with my used to be 32B boobs in a 32C bikini top, with the gel pads slipped into the front and secured, which made me look so much better. I honestly wished I really looked like that, but nobody is perfect, and literally no-body is perfect either.

"So..." April starts, then smiles "You look great!" She grins.

"T-thank you..." I reply and look consciously at my body in the mirror.

"So... You ready to swim?" She asks, as she also got changed in the process.

"Uh huh... but I'll just go fix my hair first, where's the nearest bathroom?" I ask her, and she points to the top of the stairs next to her wardrobe doors.

"Up there, and there should be some hair ties and grips next to the mirror." She explains, and I smile and head up the stairs, going into the bathroom.

I had to honestly calm myself down. I was standing in the bathroom of the most beautiful girl I've seen, wearing her bikini which now fits thanks to the rather handy gel pads...

After tying up my hair, I head down to the pool. I walk through her amazing high ceiling living-room, with a massive television wall mounted above a fireplace. That must be amazing in the winter time. Her vineyard styled house was truly beautiful.

After slowly wandering around in my own world, admiring her beautiful furniture and paintings, televisions and most importantly, her little quaint ornaments, I snapped out of my daydream and walked out on to the pool grounds.

I was too much in a trace to look over to see what I saw. My eyes welled up, my body froze, and my heart stopped beating. April was kissing Sam.

"W-w-what....?" I stutter to myself, and instantly run back into the house, running upstairs and very quickly putting my shirt on and my shorts. I didn't think they had heard me, but I was wrong as April stormed into her bedroom as I was leaving, and I froze again.

"Grace! Stop, why are you crying? I thought you were only Sam's best friend!" She says, getting upset.

"I-I... I-," I stutter for the correct words to say, rushing past her and out the house.

It was then I realised I hadn't anywhere to go, as the nearest cab was probably at least half a mile away, and I didn't even have anyway to leave. So I ran for the beach running down and tripping a lot over the sand, cutting my bare-feet on the sharp grass before the sand, then running onto the beach and sitting with my hands over my eyes. There was no unseeing what I just witnessed.

It was at that moment, my heart split down the middle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 29 34
I met her in high school, we started as frenemies then turned out best friends and for 8 years of being with her, my heart started to secretly fell i...
198 31 21
Two boys meet and become friends but one begins to realise he's not as straight as he thought. (The age range in the is around 17 and 16 year olds)
17.4K 669 29
During their Senior year of high school best friends, Bea and Kyelle, must figure their way through bullying because of ageism and past trauma to may...
13 0 8
TW: Self Harm may be in use Alcohol Drugs Sex Language Bullying may be in use when Seth and his close friend Jules start there senior year of high...