Together Again (Marauders Fan...

By thatpotterheadchick

Fifteen year old Artemis Elizabeth Terrance is a witch. She doesn't go to Hogwarts or Beauxbatons or anything... More

Together Again
The Truth
Train of Thought
Studying
Learning and Leaping
Loss
First Date
To Find

Discoveries

1.2K 67 15
By thatpotterheadchick

Artemis's Perspective

"So how was studying with Black?" Lily asked as Artemis entered the dorm room.

"Eh. He was annoying at first, but I yelled at him and he started working." Artemis was tired, hungry and confused. She couldn't stop thinking about the book, and wondering if she could really be one of them. She had ended up checking the book out of the library so she could learn more. If she really was an Afierómata, she could do a lot more than disappear.

"Oh please, you liked it," Alice teased from her bed.

Artemis's eyes went wide and she could feel blood rushing to her cheeks as she sputtered out a 'what.'

"She's blushing!" Mary yelled excitedly.

"I knew it! Artemis likes Sirius! Artemis likes Sirius!" Alice chanted and danced around her bed.

"You guys are terrible people!" Artemis groaned.

"You two would be so cute together!" Marlene looked up from the letter she was writing in desk in the corner.

"Ughhh! I can't win with you! Who is it you've been writing to everyday? I have noticed that Sunny, has been flying the letters to someone in the castle."

"Uhhh... No one?"

"Mars. Spill," Lily demanded.

"Uh, he's a Ravenclaw. In our year. You might not know him, but then again you two know everyone," Marlene babbled.

"Just tell us Marzipan!" Artemis interrupted, using the nickname she made.

"It's Alec. Alec Chester."

"No way!" Lily jumped up and ran over to her. "I knew he liked you! I knew it I knew it I knew it! I so called it!"

Artemis laughed remembering what she had said the week before. It was during potions. Alec had asked Marlene to be his partner and couldn't stop staring at her the rest of class. Lily had leaned over to Artemis and pointed out what a perfect couple they would make.

"We aren't together! So don't say that! He hasn't asked me out," Marlene said then mumbled a word at the end.

"What was that Mars?" Alice asked, cupping her hand to her ear.

"Nothing."

"What'd you sayyyy," Mary sang.

"I didn't say anything."

"Oh yes you did," Artemis retorted.

"Nope."

"Say it!" Lily said.

"Fine! I said, he hasn't asked me out. Yet."

"AAAAAAHHHH!" All of the girls squealed.

"Oh no..."

****

"Miss Terrance! I do believe we have a date tonight," Sirius sauntered up to Artemis as they left potions.

B

"It's not a date Black! I am teaching you how to make a potion, not go out with you!" She snapped back.

"Aw come on Miss Terrance! So maybe it's not a date, but we can always make it one," he suggested, smirking.

"No, Black."

"It'd be fun! You know you want this."

"No."

"What am I saying? Everyone wants this!"

"Black!"

"I mean, really. I'm irresistible!"

"BLACK!"

"Look at me! I'm flawless!"

"BLACK! I am not about to be one of your stupid girl friends, that don't realize what you are! You're a player and a jerk! You act like you're so cool but you're not! You hurt people but they're too caught up with the fact that they dated Sirius Black, too realize that you are a terrible person! You may not be in Slytherin but you certainly act like one. I think for once, the sorting hat did make a mistake. You are a Black, no doubt about it!" Artemis exploded at him. She was a calm person. She kept her cool most of the time, but today was an exception. She got a letter from her dad, which came during charms, that she wasn't allowed to read yet, Sirius had been annoying her all day, and Remus, who had become one of her closest friends, was sick again.

Sirius started to say something in response, but closed his mouth as soon as it opened. A small crowd had gathered by now and were watching, waiting to see his reaction. A smirk was slowly forming on his face, but what Artemis didn't know was that it was fake.

"You're hopeless. I can't believe I agreed to tutor you! Good luck with potions," Artemis seethed. Her cheeks were blazing with anger and there was a fire behind her eyes. She spun on her heel and stormed away. She needed to talk to Remus.

****

"Hey Rem," Artemis sighed as she walked up to her friends bed in the Hospital Wing. He was lying down, sweat covering his forehead. His breathing was hard and his skin was pale.

"Hi Miss," he forced out. He raised his head and tried to sit up, but she stopped him.

"Stay down, you look awful." He laughed when she said this.

"Thanks for the encouragement," he said in between coughs.

"Sorry." Artemis grabbed a chair and sat down next to his bed. She reached over and held his hand, smiling gently. "You're doing fine."

"I think I prefer the first rather than the lies."

"The truth hurts when you get it but lies hurt forever."

"We hello Miss Poet," Remus said laughing.

"When you're stuck at home your whole life, you tend to read. A lot." Artemis explained.

"Reading's good!" He chuckled. His breathing was ragged and his skin was burning up.

"So what have you got? What makes you so sick every month?" She asked, and looked out the window at the full moon.

"Oh. Uh. Nothing," he stuttered nervously.

"Okay... Don't tell me then," she muttered. "The full moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I guess so. I've never been a fan of astronomy and stuff," Remus responded.

"You know, when I was little my mom would tell me stories about werewolves."

"About what horrible creatures they are?" He spit out.

"No. She always told me that they were horribly misunderstood. Her best friend was a werewolf. As soon as she was old enough, she became an animagus to help him. They had known each other since they were kids, she was even there when it happened." Artemis said. "He saved her life, but she couldn't repay the action. She was too late to save him from himself. He killed himself and she stayed with him until he was gone."

"That's tragic and beautiful at the same time."

"I suppose. She told me that she was in love with him before he died and she met my dad." Artemis said with a slight smile, but it was quickly replaced with a frantic look as Remus let out a howl of pain and arched his back up. "Remus! Remus are you okay?"

"Tell. Madame. Pomfrey," he managed to gasp out. Artemis ran to the other end of the wing.

"Poppy!" She yelled, getting the attention of her aunt. "You have to come help Remus! I don't know what's happening!"

"Calm down dear! Go up to the common room, hours are over anyways. He'll be fine," she told Artemis soothingly.

"But-"

"Go Artemis," Poppy commanded. Artemis only nodded and walked back to Remus.

"I'll see you tomorrow Rem," she said before kissing him on the forehead. She walked out of the hospital wing and started towards the common room. She had been walking for a few minutes when she realized she had forgotten her book bag. She sighed and turned back towards the hospital wing.

She kept going and looked out into the courtyard, watching the Whomping Willow curiously. For the first time in the two months she'd been at Hogwarts, it was completely still. She walked towards it, watching it intently. She saw Poppy hurry out of a opening in the ground, and stepped behind a bush, avoiding her view.

Poppy was stealing nervous glances behind herself, and speed walking back to the large doors of the hospital. As soon as Poppy was back inside, the tree came to life again, and the hole disappeared. Artemis walked forward again and jumped out of fright when she heard the loudest, most painful howl rang out. She began to walk backwards to the hall way when she heard it again.

It was worse. It was the cry of an animal in pain and she shuddered. She turned and ran into the hospital wing. Poppy spun around quickly at the sound of the door opening and demanded to know what Artemis was doing.

"I forgot my bag!" Artemis answered. She walked back to where Remus and he bag were, only to be greeted with an empty bed. "Where's Remus?" Artemis questioned.

"I took him to his room. I gave him some medication." She explained quickly to her niece.

"You're lying. Why are you lying? I just saw you! You came out of a hole under the Willow!" Artemis responded.

"I went to get some herbs."

"You're lying again! It's impossible for you to give Remus medicine, take him to his room, get the herbs and come here! Why are you lying to me?"

"Artemis!"

"Don't try to deny it! I was here with Remus, who was extremely sick, talking about the full moon, then I left. I was walking for almost four minutes when I realized I forgot my book bag. I started to walk back when I noticed the willow was still. I moved towards it to get a closer look when you came out. You kept on glancing over your shoulder and you rushed inside. That's when I heard the howling and came inside and found Remus was gone!" Artemis exclaimed, her mind running over everything she had just said.

"No." Artemis said. "No, no, no, no, no! How did I not see this!" She shouted. "God I'm so stupid!"

"Artemis," Poppy started, but Artemis shook her head.

"Just leave me alone." Artemis slumped down into her chair and ran a hand through her hair.

"Eat this, it'll help." Artemis looked up at her aunt, who was holding out a small piece of chocolate. She sighed and stuck the square in her mouth.

"I just can't believe it."

"I know sweetie. I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 37.6K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
604K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
328K 18.9K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...