Discoveries

Artemis's Perspective

"So how was studying with Black?" Lily asked as Artemis entered the dorm room.

"Eh. He was annoying at first, but I yelled at him and he started working." Artemis was tired, hungry and confused. She couldn't stop thinking about the book, and wondering if she could really be one of them. She had ended up checking the book out of the library so she could learn more. If she really was an Afierómata, she could do a lot more than disappear.

"Oh please, you liked it," Alice teased from her bed.

Artemis's eyes went wide and she could feel blood rushing to her cheeks as she sputtered out a 'what.'

"She's blushing!" Mary yelled excitedly.

"I knew it! Artemis likes Sirius! Artemis likes Sirius!" Alice chanted and danced around her bed.

"You guys are terrible people!" Artemis groaned.

"You two would be so cute together!" Marlene looked up from the letter she was writing in desk in the corner.

"Ughhh! I can't win with you! Who is it you've been writing to everyday? I have noticed that Sunny, has been flying the letters to someone in the castle."

"Uhhh... No one?"

"Mars. Spill," Lily demanded.

"Uh, he's a Ravenclaw. In our year. You might not know him, but then again you two know everyone," Marlene babbled.

"Just tell us Marzipan!" Artemis interrupted, using the nickname she made.

"It's Alec. Alec Chester."

"No way!" Lily jumped up and ran over to her. "I knew he liked you! I knew it I knew it I knew it! I so called it!"

Artemis laughed remembering what she had said the week before. It was during potions. Alec had asked Marlene to be his partner and couldn't stop staring at her the rest of class. Lily had leaned over to Artemis and pointed out what a perfect couple they would make.

"We aren't together! So don't say that! He hasn't asked me out," Marlene said then mumbled a word at the end.

"What was that Mars?" Alice asked, cupping her hand to her ear.

"Nothing."

"What'd you sayyyy," Mary sang.

"I didn't say anything."

"Oh yes you did," Artemis retorted.

"Nope."

"Say it!" Lily said.

"Fine! I said, he hasn't asked me out. Yet."

"AAAAAAHHHH!" All of the girls squealed.

"Oh no..."

****

"Miss Terrance! I do believe we have a date tonight," Sirius sauntered up to Artemis as they left potions.

B

"It's not a date Black! I am teaching you how to make a potion, not go out with you!" She snapped back.

"Aw come on Miss Terrance! So maybe it's not a date, but we can always make it one," he suggested, smirking.

"No, Black."

"It'd be fun! You know you want this."

"No."

"What am I saying? Everyone wants this!"

"Black!"

"I mean, really. I'm irresistible!"

"BLACK!"